The Darkness Which Light Cannot Exist Without (Open)

Ongoing roleplay and fiction.
Ravynya
Patron
Patron

The Darkness Which Light Cannot Exist Without (Open)

Post by Ravynya » 04/20/16

A canopied grove in the Faydark...

I open my eyes to the sea of writhing shadows and growing portal aware of another's presence. Vrinklatu unleashes an unholy roar as I look over my shoulder at an interfering palerot. A treehugging druid no doubt. A wave of disdain rolls through me as the fool dares to speak in my presence. I turn to face him my dragon head staff in my right hand. In my left hand, the ritual dagger is still slick with the blood of the palerot child spawn I sacrificed. I have no time for this nonsense. "Go back to your hole Tunarian Dirt Elf. I answer to no one." He utters inanely at me in his vile tongue. Vrinklatu descends on the pale with no hesitation. I release the words of the dead into the world as bony hands erupt from the ground trapping his mongrel.

Dirt whips up from the ground abrading at exposed skin and annoyingly interfering with my efforts. Fool... This working has been disrupted beyond saving. A lesson in faith and Hatred it shall be then... The ancient words rip at the spirit of the wolf causing the satisfying sound of a pained, unearthly howl to erupt from it. I note Vrinklatu has made it inside the palerot's guard. Seizing the opportunity, I intone a few words. The shadows coalesce and swallow everything. They recede just as suddenly. I look him in the eye as my ritual dagger sinks deep between his ribs, "Show me the true depths of your faith, Heath'Un." I yank out my dagger as the shadows coalesce again. Thorns erupt from the palerot druid oasing through the shadows. I stand on the other side of the portal as the shadows ebb away from me.

The words fall from my lips potently calling my undead horde to rise from the ground. They focus on the Heath'un and his wolf with deadly intent. The druid turns to face the horde as I intone the next incantation. Three skulls appear from the void and circle about me. The horde drives him backward toward the portal where his lesson in Hatred and opportunity to prove his faith await him. I command one of the skulls sending it to the ground in front of the palerot fool. The explosion sends him into the portal and kills his wolf.

A small growl ebbs from me as I dismiss the portal. Palerots are like vermin... Where there is one, there is likely a dozen. Intoning arcane words once more, I step through the shadows to elsewhere.

Shalour
Regular
Regular

Re: The Darkness Which Light Cannot Exist Without (Open)

Post by Shalour » 04/21/16

The Greater Faydark was peaceful as the golden haired wood elf trudged down the path on the back of his white wolf, Icicle. Things were very rough for Shalour lately, it all seemed to be going downhill for him. His brief marriage to Kannara had been short lived due to his own cowardice at being unable to truly love her the way she deserved. Lyrica had moved moved out of the manor, with a kit of her own and his sister had retreated to her own hideaway with Sylva. It left the large manor his family owned to empty.

Lately, the usually social Lycan had become somewhat more reclusive, ever since Trea had forcibly implanted a crystal onto his body, Shalour had found it to be very hard to trust them. He had agreed yes, to getting a crystal liem that, but the sheer brutal way that it had been done was what was shaking him up. Now, it didn’t feel like he was needed anywhere, so he started to spend more time on his own island, enshrouded through druidic magic, working with the wolves he had been training up for the Knights of Truth.

“Come on boy..let’s just enjoy the day.” He whispered as he leaned forward in the saddle, the duo had been following the emerald river south toward the Emerald Lake and beyond. New Tunaria was nearby….Kaennara’s birth place. A sad sigh escaped the young elf as Icicle trudged slowly along the path when suddenly a low growl escaped the wolf and Shalour was stirred from his thoughts as he looked toward what the wolf was growling at, that's when he sensed it, necromantic energy.

Before the elf stood a dark elf, her back toward him as she grasped a dragon boned staff and stood, chanting. Shadows snaking out from her as the ground slowly started to decay and wither around her.

“Should I even ask why you’re here?’ He inquired as he slid off the wolf’s back. It was blindingly obvious and he knew it so, he drew his blade, a doubled bladed sword blessed by Tunare, and his wooden shield as he readied himself, the undead minion unleashing a unholy roar as the robed necromancer stood silent.

“Go back to your hole Tunarian Dirt Elf.” She replied, grasping the staff in her right and, and in her left, she wielded an imbued ritual knife. The minion rushed forward, slashing toward Shalour as he barked a short command toward the warwolf

“Get her.” he ordered as he raised the shield, the sound of bone scraping against wood was all he could hear before a lucky blow by the undead abomination left his greenish shirt torn, blood running down from the shallow wound as Shalour moved in to retaliate, his blade glowing in white divine energy as he flicked the sword forward, sending the bolt toward the skeletal being.

A pain filled howl erupted as large boney hands erupted from the ground and encased Icicle, the howl triggered as the necromancer intoned a dark spell through the whispers of the dead. The noise renewed Shalour’s fighting as a cold fury gripped him, his best friend being injured forced him to have to react to two foes. He repealed the undead’s next attack by rolling out of the way, sending a flurry of blinding sand up toward the necromancer, though he was too late as he suddenly found her standing within his guard. He suckec ina deep breath of pain as he felt her ritual knife plunged into the right side of his ribcage, though she reappeared out of range as his own enchantment kicked in, thorns quickly coating his skin.

Green eyes locked onto the bony cage, he had to act quickly if he wanted save his friend, though, there were other plans being made as the ground behind him suddenly erupted, various undead burst forth, the variety of weapons seemed to indicated that there was a massive mix of them present. SHalour quickly through upward to deflect the fireball through by one as he was forced to back up.

That was his mistake, suddenly, unsure what was happening, there was a large skull floating in front of Shalour. Suddenly, an explosion and he heard the dying echoes of his wolf as he found himself falling...and falling through a portal.

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Slipps » 04/21/16

The map did a double blip once sharply and was silent. It did that, the map, when people went places, and she was still getting used to that. Normally the office was much quieter, few bothered to seek her out here, perhaps allowing the Captain the peace to work. Still, the map had blipped and she was curious, who went where?

Slipps slid off the chest she used as a stool and padded over to the contraption Trea had created. Tiny lights moved across it, but she ignored these, for the most part she did not bother with where her people were, or what they were doing. A paw wave and those lights dimmed off to leave only those that had portaled elsewhere recently.

There was only one, in Greater Faydark, not close enough to the wizard spire that it had been used. Besides, the map would not have blipped if someone had come out the other side on Norrath. Delicately she touched the one light that had been colored differently, Shalour.

The singer frowned, ears flipping back and forth. She knew he was in G'Fay, she knew he was still trying to work his head around the things that he had done which led to one of the precious few tracker crystals she had asked for being inserted into his body. Slipps had not been there that session, but she knew he came from it sullen, defeated. In her mind the tracker was deserved, he had put Crew in danger, and he was constantly in trouble, that he had the abysmal poor choice in judgement to send away the one item that could have saved him...

Granted, few had tried to be silly with their crystals, old or new, since.

She shook her head.

That the Feir had found a task that suited him, training wolves, and had actually applied himself to it, cheered her. That he found less reasons to visit, did not. She doubted that he had thought far enough past his nose to realize that the tracker crystal could be removed, once he started to act stable and responsible.

The map just showed where he was last, but not where he reappeared at, which meant he did not land on Norrath. Did he travel with those whom he was training the wolves for? But why go elsewhere just off the road to Felwithe? Something was not right, trouble found Shalour as often as he sought it. She pulled out her necklace with the new yellow crystal installed and touched a claw to the side.

"I's needs a teams tos checks a place ins Greaters Faydarks."

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

by Samyia on Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:39 pm

Samyia was dutifully cleaning the front porch as her daily task just like she was told to the day the shiny, funny speaking man handed her the stinky brush. However, she left the stinky brush out of it. Somehow, she was sure that would not get anything clean. She stopped wide eyed hearing Slipps and got excited. A chance to help! She knew the Faydark well too including the best hiding spots. She finished up her chore and scurried to find Slipps chirping excitedly through the crystal. Helping was important because it is what Princesses do, so she has been told. Here was her chance.

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

by Kaennara Xu'Knev on Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:40 pm

Kaennara was at home, sitting in her study working on her plans for her current project, the Vagabond Knights Mall Display. She a glass of cinnamon whiskey in one hand a self-inking quill in the other. Her beloved daughter, meparri rushed through the front door, running up to Kae. "Mamas! Mamas!" She yelled at Kae almost excitedly. All of the commotion got the attention of not only Kaennara, but her wolf Xylona and her kitten named Minnie. "What is it, dear?" She asked with a chuckle, seeing meparri couldn't handle her excitement... Or whatever it was. Meparri asked, "Dids you hears what Mrs. Slipps said?" Kaennara shook her head, she was so focused on her project. "She needs a teams to go outs to Greaters Faydark." Meparri responded. Kaennara perked up and began to frown. She knew a few people that were out in Greater Faydark, including her ex husband, Shalour. Both of them knew that he went into the wild to get himself together. Kaennara also knew only one person would most likely get into some kind of trouble, and that was him. Minnie and Xylona could sense kae's worry. Xylona whimpered and rested her head on kae's lap as Minnie rubbed her body against Kaennara's face. Minnie's tail tickled Kaennara's nose, but it did not stop her from worrying any less. She asked Meparri to go play in her room for a little while. Meparri ran off and did so, not before giving Kaennara a warm hug. Once her daughter left, Kaennara began to think of the worse. She prayed to Karana, hoping it wasn't what she thought it was. Kaennara clicked the far-speak crystal that was placed on her triple dermal behind her ear and spoke in a calm but concerned voice. "Captain, why ye need a team out in Greater Faydark?" She asked. But Kaennara knew... She just knew something was wrong.

Jetamyo
Regular
Regular

Post by Jetamyo » 04/21/16

Jetamyo was soaring high over the frigid waters of the Frostfang Sea when she heard the call, followed by Samyia's excited chirping and Kaennara's inquiry. She had no idea what it might be, but she had not been to Kelethin in a while.

"I'll meet you there." Was all she said over the crystal, as she shifted her weight in the flying stags saddle, guiding him towards the Faydark.

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Slipps » 04/23/16

Slipps considered, then nodded to herself before talking into her crystal once more. "Alls rights, yous threes gets togethers ins Kelethins, follows roads froms Emeralds Lakes tos News Tunarias." She paused a moment to take a breath, mindful of Kae's part on the team. "Yous lookings fors Shalours."

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Slipps » 04/27/16

by Samyia on Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:40 am

Samyia hurried through the Faydark. She knew it well despite not knowing the names. She stopped at the clearing she called home and found Growls the dire bear. She had befriended him as a cub. He stuck around as her friend. She grabbed the dresses Shalour has made for her and let Growls sniff at him. He let the petite Feir'dal on his back and off they went through the Faydark. The dire bear's scenting track was not the best, but it got Samyia to the right spot. She hopped down off the bear's back and he lumbered off quickly. The feel of the lingering necromancy made him want to leave. Samyia looked around. She had never seen anything like this before and she had a suspicion it may be worse than it looks.

by Kaennara Xu'Knev on Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:57 am

Kaennara couldn't wait any longer, and grabbed a few essentials to take, and dropped Meparri off at Dshinn, so she could play there while Kaennara went out on the search for Shalour in Greater Faydark. She flew in the air using her mechanical wings. She knew flying around as a 20 foot long dragon would not have been the best option. She constantly sniffed he air in hopes of getting his scent. While she was his ex-wife, he was still a fellow knight, thus she considered him family. After flying around Greater Faydark, she caught a few familiar scents, near Sapphire pond, just outside her birthplace of New Tunaria. She saw Samiya was already there and carefully landed onto the ground next to her. Kaennara nodded in greeting to her, but there was no smile on her face. She look around at the scene, almost in horror, yet in anger. The foul smell of the necromatic Magic filled her nostrils. The white in her eyes faded into a deep honey Amber. Unnatural draconic a growls slipped from her mouth. From what she saw, it was just what she feared... Kaennara stood there, growling. Only a single tear fell from her face as she said in a shaky voice, "...thric." (No in Draconic) amongst her growling.

by Slipps_Smallcorners on Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:18 am

The ground was torn and bloodied where the fight took place. The body of Icicle, looking ravaged, as if by an explosion, lay in the middle. Besides the blood of the wolf, and the missing man, the ground is soaked with blood and all the plants are dead and rotted in within the confines of the grove. Skeletal remains litter the area.

There is a vague lingering trace of portal magic in the air, blood drops from Shalour stop abruptly at one of the areas where the trace is stronger.

Ritualistically set up is the dried out husk of an infant, possibly 'Dal. The space closest to here reeks the worst of death magic.

by Kaennara Xu'Knev on Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:42 am

Sniffing the air and moving around frantically like a bloodhound would catching a scent, Kaennara searched all over. She instantly caught the scent of the portal magic, along with shalour's blood. Once she found the strongest source of the scent, she frowned. It finally soon hit her... He was gone. The realization of the situation soon turned into rage. She let out a draconic Rawr along with a powerful breath of fire. It was so strong, the area around her became warmer. Luckily for everyone, she breathed into the air, where nothing could've caught fire. Her honey Amber eyes returned to normal, the white in them appearing once more as she calmed down... A little. Getting herself together, she turned to Samiya. Tears rolled down her face. "...I'm sorry." She said to her. Wiping them away, she went to examine the husk of the infant. She frowned at it and said to herself, "...Some people...Gods, you were a child." She shook her head and mumbled in draconic. She turned to notice the dead wolf finally. She walked over to the body of the wolf, her breathing was a little heavy and shaky. It seemed is if she was trying to control her anger, like her rage was blowing out from every breath she took. She kneeled before icicle. "...Oh, Icicle. What happened here? Who did this to ye and Shalour?" She spoke to the wolf as if he was alive. Realizing she was talking to a dead wolf, she shook her head and sighed. "One way or another... I ain't toleratin' this. Ye will get justice... One way or another."

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Slipps » 04/27/16

by Samyia on Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:47 am

Samyia looked at Kaennara and frowned. This was indeed a terrible happening that had occured. She signed the words death magic as she looked about at the ground trying to see the fight based on the footprints. It was hard to tell what happened. The footprints from the undead were easy to identify. They were sloppy. Icicle's prints did not go far and he had not put up much of a fight from the prints on the ground. She signed magic hold wolf here. There was plenty of exploded bones and flesh, but no prints between the fight scene and the body. The wolf was likely thrown by the explosion to the location the corpse was found. She signed dead fight wolf, boom send wolf here. She patted the dead wolf's head gently then sprinkled some rose petals over him. She continued to look around at all the prints in the ground and signed, dead from ground here. Fight here. She tilted her head confused by the prints from the necromancer. She wandered between the epicenter of the explosion to the center of the grove a few times. She finally signs dead magic person here. She points to the spot it the ground where the necromancer was likely standing the longest. She points to a spot where Shalour's prints in a defensive stance are seen. Then she points at the pair on the ground that would put the necromancer close to Shalour. She signs, dead magic person use magic to be here? She tilts her head in a questioning fashion. Then she wanders to far side of the husk stopping for a moment. She frowns deeply and shakes her head signing, bad death magic person hurt baby. She pulls out some rose petals and sprinkles them over the husk. She moves on and points to another set of footprints. She signs, dead magic person use magic to be here? She tilts her head in a questioning fashion. She wanders back to the explosion's epicenter which is close to the center of the grove. Then she points to a set of prints with a heavier indention at the heels. She signs, boom here then he go there. She points to the center of the grove. She circled the grove in an increasing radius looking for tracks, but found nothing else and returned shaking her head. She signs, magic take him away? She tilts her head and shrugs.

by Kaennara Xu'Knev on Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:45 pm

Kaennara looked up to Samiya and nodded in agreement. She blinked at the rose petals. Following Samiya, she used her draconic abilities to find anything else that could help them figure out what happened. She growled once more in disgust at the corpse of the infant. "Necromancers... Damned necromancers. Norrath would be a better place without em. When Samiya stopped again, asking about the necromatic magic, Kaennara nodded and said, "...I think so. Gods, I hope he isn't in the Void or somethin." Wherever he was, deep down Kaennara knew it was not a good place. She examined all of the remains within the area. "Man, how many lives did this riika take?"

Jetamyo
Regular
Regular

Post by Jetamyo » 04/27/16

Jetamyo was the last to arrive. The stag she rode shied at the latent necromancy, and indeed her own skin crawled in repulsion. She slid off the stag and let him loose. She gazed around at the scene, her expression a mix of concern and disgust with a touch of anger. Who dared defile the glade?

"Who would take Shalour?" She said, more to herself than anyone else. Her gaze travelled to the husk covered in rose petals, then to the dead wolf. Both were beyond her help, but she knew she could restore the glade. But not before they were done with the evidence. She walked over to where the tracks abruptly ended, raising a hand as if to reach into something in the air, and waved her hand slowly.

"There was a portal here..."

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Slipps » 04/30/16

by Kaennara Xu'Knev on Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:29 am

Kaennara looks over to Jetamyo, frowning. "Well, I am sure there are quite a few people that would want Shalour's head on a stick, let alone disappear..." She said. As for the portal, Kaennara could sense the remaining essence of the portal. "Aye, I can smell it," Kaennara said to Jet.

Looking around her she said, "Question is... Where did it take him?" Kaennara looks up into the sky, just listing the places he could've been sent to.

by Jetamyo on Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:24 pm

Jetamyo traced her fingers seemingly randomly through the air, but she had a purpose. She had never really disclosed much of her past beyond her family and relations. She had not spoken of her Planar travels, though they were quite extensive. There were few alive who would remember those days when the Planes were easily accessed, when mortals fought with Gods. Even now she felt the odd twinge of guilt, for she had been among those who had invaded the Planes and caused the Gods to withdraw and close off the Planes.

But in this patch of air before her, she could sense the Planar energy once more, beating with the drums of War. Memories flashed across her minds eye and she jerked her hand back before answering Kaennara's question.

"Tactics... he's in the Plane of Tactics..."

by Kaennara Xu'Knev on Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:54 pm

Kaennara just stares and blinks in near disbelief at Jetamyo. After a moment Kaennara finally spoke. " The plane of TACTICS?" She asked. Sighing to herself, she rubbed a hand across her scalp, pulling back her hair. In draconic she mumbled, "Dear gods... Great, just peachy!" She turned and then had an inquisitive look on her face. " But wait... Why would a necromancers send him to the plane of tactics? I mean I get the Void, plane of hate or disease... But tactics?" Kaennara scratched her scalp as she looked at Jetamyo for answers.

Ravynya
Patron
Patron

Post by Ravynya » 05/03/16

The Teir'dal necromancer took several portals to make it difficult to track her. She first appeared in Bonemire then Nektulos Forest then Zek and finally the Eastern Wastes. She eyed the people loitering at the spires with nothing less than a deep disdain. Several of them eyed her back, but no one bothered her. She had already provided the lesson once. She pulled out a small whistle and used it. Suaco, her Icewind Pegasus, landed in front of her after a few moments. She mounted up and made her towards Kael Drakkel. Few knew and even fewer understood her connection to the tundras of Velious. Her Honored Brother had a made a home for them in the wastes among the Frost Giants centuries ago. Her late mate, Orionus, kept a private domicile near Frostone for centuries. It was here in the Wastes and forged by the energies of War that Thraxxus would be become her minion for centuries. The connection was deep for her. Few bothered to travel out this way and even fewer would bother to stay. The deep cold and year round winter kept most away.

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Slipps » 05/03/16

New postby Jetamyo on Tue May 03, 2016 6:12 am

"I don't know. It may have simply been the first portal to open for them, or they sent him there with a purpose. But I cannot open a portal to the Planes, we will have to find another way there." She looks around again, not just with her eyes but sensing any other portals that may have been used. "Whoever it was did not go with Shalour..."

Jetamyo
Regular
Regular

Post by Jetamyo » 05/06/16

As predicted, there were traces of another portal. And while she had only been there a handful of times, she'd never forget a dragon's graveyard shrouded in eternal night. But again, it was not a place she could open a portal to herself. Nor did she know who they were even looking for yet.

"I need to get a scent," she said as she prepared to shift to her wolf form. But the shift never came, her body's natural defence mechanism to protect her unborn child. Her cheeks took on a rosy colour. "Erm, maybe not. We need a nose... and maybe a Feawyng. A portal to the Bonemire has been opened here recently too, I am assuming the culprit went through that one. They appear to be able to use the Ulteran network at will, which I cannot. Feawyng can though. But we need the scent too." She looked to the others to see if they had a better idea.

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Slipps » 05/06/16

by Kaennara Xu'Knev on Fri May 06, 2016 8:41 am

Kaennara looks at Jetamyo and frowns a little. "Ye do realize that I am a dragon, right? I can sniff the riika out. But... Certainly we'd need their scent. However, Feawyng I am sure could open a portal as well." Kaennara looks around, finally taking the situation all in.

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Slipps » 05/06/16

by Samyia on Fri May 06, 2016 12:48 pm

Samyia listened quietly to the pair converse not completely understanding it all, but catching enough. She signed to Jetamyo, "Stand there long time and did that." She pointed to the husk and the spot before it where the person stood the longest.

Jetamyo
Regular
Regular

Post by Jetamyo » 05/24/16

Jetamyo looked to Samyia, then at where she had indicated and nodded agreement. "You are right." Her gaze lingered on the husk. She could not risk that happening to Feawyng. But she did know another, one so skilled with portals that they had created portals through time itself. She reached for a black crystal braided into her hair near the citrus one she used more frequently. "I need Xarzyth, can you send her to the Faydark?" She nodded upon hearing an affirmative reply and thanked the speaker. No doubt there would be questions later, but the LC trusted her.

She turned back to the others. "I have a plan. I have sent for someone who is an expert on portals. She is very old and experienced. She and I will go ahead and track where this Necromancer went to. Once we find their final exit, Feawyng can bring the rest of you right to us."

With spires nearby, it did not take long for Xarzyth to reach them. She obviously recognised Jetamyo, but she eyed the others one by one with a neutral expression. Jet had forgotten about her change and seemed surprised to see the Aerakyn until she remembered the lengths the woman had gone to to contain her curse. Even with a body better adapted to ice, she glittered with frost forming on her exposed skin in the humid air of the forest.

"You called?" Her voice was soft and calm like snow, but with the promise of a harsh winter in the undertones.

"I need your help tracking portals, to find the one who did this and sent our friend away." Jet gestured at the scene around them. Xarzyth looked around expressionless, then back to the redhead. "I am to take all of you?" Jet shook her head. "Just me, the others will meet us when we find the culprit."

Jet showed Xarzyth the area the portal had been. "The Overrealm. Interesting." Xarzyth said, then put a hand on Jet's bare shoulder. There was a moment of disorientation before the Bonemire greeted her eyes.

She looked around for any signs of a Necromancer, but Xarzyth was already locking onto the next place. "Each person's magic leaves a trace...like a signature. They made another portal here almost immediately." Jet blinked at her. The woman seemed more relaxed here without strangers around, or perhaps she was simply enjoying using her skills. Before Jetamyo could say anything, Xarzyth had taken her by the shoulder again. Again the disorientating lurch before landing in Nektulos Forest.

"Wait a moment." Jet said before Xarzyth could jump them again. "I want to know who we're up against..." Jet went over to a small group of people nearby and asked if they had seen anyone pass through recently.

"People pass through 'ere all the time missy. But since I got 'ere, a couple of smugglers, a ranga and some chick that smelled like a funeral parlor." One of the men answered to Jet's query. "What did the woman who smelled like a funeral parlor look like?" She asked. "She were tiny missy, even by them Darkie standards. Proper, snooty looking thing, finking she were above the rest of us ya know?"

Jetamyo thanked him and returned to Xarzyth. "A Tier'Dal female that smells like a funeral parlor." Xarzyth raised a frosty brow. "What does a funeral parlor smell like?" Both women were elven, at least by birth, and their customs were different from Humans in regards to death. "No idea, but I'm sure it is distinctive."

Xarzyth reached out for Jetamyo again, taking them both to Zek. There was no one around the spires to ask, but Xarzyth quickly established that this had not been the last portal. Jet was trying to piece together the places into a pattern when she once again felt the lurch and found herself in the frigid cold of Velious. With a look around she determined it to be the Eastern Wastes, then she looked to Xarzyth who was searching for portal signatures again. Jetamyo had lived in the far North and was accustomed to the weather for the most part, but Xarzyth was in her element. She was radiant, despite her frown. "I can't find any more traces of her."

"Which means she is still here somewhere..." She touched the citrine crystal in her hair. "We are in the Eastern Wastes. It appears to be the final stop. We will wait here for you." She told the others.

She looked to Xarzyth again, glancing at the woman's blue scaled wings. "Can you fly?" Xarzyth nodded, and leaped into the air with a beat of her wings as if knowing what Jet's next request was. She flew up high to survey the area, looking for any sign of the Necromancer.

Marchosia
Patron
Patron

Post by Marchosia » 05/24/16

Isid looked over the Wastes with a half grin. The ice from his outlook gave extra life to the darkness that was around him. He studied his crest a long moment before speaking into it, “Lady D'Nyre, are you still awake?"

Marchosia eyed her crest. She did not bother to hide her annoyance, "I am. What do you want?"

Thaydrin eyed his own crest from the shadows of the frozen tundra. He was to meet Mother in a bit. She had been interrupted while sending the Captain to Plane of Tactics. However, the Betrayer asking for his mate so formally was odd and concerning. He continued to listen.

"I am needing a hand with taking care of an order I was given. I was hoping you had a spare moment you might be able to aid me." He continued to look out over the vast and icy plane as he speaks.

The bardessa sighed dramatically and was no less annoyed than before, “Fine. Where are you?” She got her weapons and her warm cloak.

The assassin scowled at the conversation and waited for a location to be given. He did not trust Isid least of all with his mate. He had already betrayed them all once and this was sounding suspicious.

The knight grinned darkly as he spoke. His fangs showed brightly off the dim light and snow. "I am in the mountains near the orc encampment."

Thaydrin was on the move quickly through the shadows. He had been nearby waiting for Mother to arrive. He kept an eye out for signs of Isid. His mate would not be hard to spot.

The bardessa headed out, “I will be there shortly.” The journey was not terribly long for her. She arrived at the general location. “I am here.” She looked about.

Isid stood in the open toying with a ring in his right hand watching the horizon for the coming daylight. “To be truly hated in death as I have been in life... A fine way to go don’t you think, Lady D'Nyre?"

Marchosia narrowed her eyes at him and assumed a more defensive posture, “What are you talking about?” She demanded an answer in a tone similar to one her Mother might use.

The assassin drew his bow, nocked an arrow and aimed it at Isid from the shadows. Marchosia was a capable scout. He trusted her ability to get out of the way once she saw the arrow.

Isid let the ring fall into the fresh powder as he turned around. His eyes darkened and his face covered in blood from his feeding. He grinned at Lady D'Nyre as he stood stiff as stone watching her.

The bardessa’s eyes widened as she drew her blades. “Stand back!” She kept a careful eye on him as she yelled through her crest, “MOTHER! THAYDRIN! ISID BETRAYS US AGAIN!”

The necromancer looked at her crest and pulled out a small tinkered device she had created to allow her to track the crests. She specifically homed in on Marchosia’s.

Thaydrin held steady waiting for Isid to make a move. The knight’s grin widened as he rushed forward toward the bardessa. The assassin released his arrow aimed for the back of Isid’s right knee just as Marchosia unleashed a nearly ear shattering scream. The Knight growled as he was dazed and stumbled back half eying the arrow that barely missed him, “Good of you to join us.”

The bardessa intoned the notes for Cacophony of Blades as she moved further out of the way. Isid called forth a wolf and commanded it to go for Marchosia. Thaydrin silently appeared from the shadows behind the knight and buried his blade in Isid’s side in the space between his chest plate and greaves. He disappeared as he pulled the blade out. Marchosia intoned a funeral march at the wolf and sent it running off as Thaydrin appeared from the shadows to drive a blade into Isid’s other side. The knight grabbed the assassin’s tunic letting him drive the blade into his side to insure he was close enough. He used the claws on his other hand to grab at Thaydrin’s throat. The bardessa unleashed another song this time more of a hymn stunning and knocking Isid back briefly. The assassin drove the blade into the Knight’s side as they both landed on the ground. The assassin’s blade was still in the Knight’s side. Isid pulled it out before jumping to his feet and locking his eyes on Thaydrin. The snow wolf returned running up behind Lady D'Nyre and lunging for her arm. Marchosia spun and drove her Lamentation of the Intrepid expertly through the wolf’s open maw into its head. The wolf cried out in pain before dying. Its cry drew two others out of the snow that eyed Lady D'Nyre. Thaydrin pulled out another dagger disappearing into the shadows now free of Isid’s grasp.

Isid grinned and watched everything around him waiting for Thaydrin to show back up. “Tic toc, dear brother...” His grin darkened as his blood drips onto the snow. The assassin appeared from the shadows driving both blades into one of the wolves killing it instantly. He disappeared into the shadows as Marchosia intoned the funeral march again sending the second wolf running away. The shadows erupted behind Isid as Thaydrin attempted to drive a dagger into the back of the knight’s neck. The knight spun around quickly and grabbed Thaydrin’s arcing hand while driving his own blade into the assassin’s stomach to send it up through his chest cavity. Marchosia pulled out her bow, nocked two arrows and unloaded them at the running wolf pinning him in place. Thaydrin swung his free hand with the other dagger for Isid’s neck to no avail as the knight drives his blade into the assassins’s chest. Isid growled like a feral animal. The assassin inhaled sharply as he was impaled by the jagged blade and paralyzed by the poison it.

“No! Thaydrin!” The bardessa shouted, but her attention is drawn back to the wolf that was free of the two arrows and bearing down on her.

The shadows enlivened as The Matriarch appeared on the scene. Her minion immediately dispatched the wolf as she settled her attention on Isid. “You have crossed the line, Fallen… Your heresy ends now.” The ancient necromancer watched the knight as her shadows writhed and clawed along the snows of the Wastes. The knight grinned darkly anything that was Isid was gone from his eyes. He roared at the Matriarch defiantly. She uttered a quick few words as the ground underneath Isid violently exploded entrapping him in a bony cage. She continued her chant in ancient words of death and decay. Her minion began to writhe and roared in agony as she used its life essence to soul burn the knight. “Ever the fool, Isid.” He roared once more in defiance and pain before falling to the ground in a pile of ash and bones.

Marchosia ran to Thaydrin’s unmoving body. She began singing in a desperate attempt to save her mate. However, the jagged blade did additional damage on the way out. The necromancer uttered an incantation causing the skeletal remains of Isid to rise up. Time was not their ally as The Matriarch was fully aware that she was likely being tracked. “Marchosia… We have to leave with great haste.”

The grief stricken bardessa was unable to hear her Mother as she continued her futile attempt to revive her mate. The necromancer was not happy as she gathered up Thaydrin's blades and the arrow. "Marchosia Ambrosine Nox`Cruor D`Nyre, you will do as you are told." The bardessa looked at her Mother petulantly then got to her feet reluctantly. The reanimated remains of Isid gathered up the body of Thaydrin.

Xarzyth
Visitor

Post by Xarzyth » 05/24/16

From high up in the clear cold sky, Xarzyth could see for miles. In the mountains overlooking the Ry'Gorr settlement, she spotted four figures. She swooped down for a closer look, landing on an out crop. There had been a fight, the snow was splashed with crimson. She jumped down as the reanimated knight scooped up the body of a Tier male. She was close enough to intercede if she wanted to, and close enough to hear them speak and could certainly be seen if they looked her way. The smell of death permeated the air, along with the heady scent of hyacinth and myrrh. Xarzyth knew this must be the scent described, this was the Necromancer they were after. The younger woman's grief was apparent however, and she could see that the Necromancer was not responsible for the males death.

She had no way to contact Jetamyo directly, who was still waiting for the others to arrive. She tapped her badge, "Tajar, let Jetamyo know that I've found her target." Without waiting for an answer, she raised a hand to the sky and let loose a bolt of magic to light the way for the others. Sure to have alerted the Necrmancer to her presence now, she prepared to cast an icy spell to hold them in place and not allow them to flee. The ancient Thexian runes that no longer marred her physical flesh instead glowed with the gathering magic.

Ravynya
Patron
Patron

Post by Ravynya » 05/24/16

She leveled a scowl at the woman, "Interloper..." She utter several words and the ground began the rumble and snow sprayed up into the air as a horde of undead rose from the snow. Marchosia did not stand around, she called her shadows and disappeared. In meanwhile, the Matriarch utter another incantation and three skulls appeared around her. She sent one at Xarzyth as she herself clicked another small tinkered device and disappeared with Isid's reanimated remains and Thaydrin's.

Xarzyth
Visitor

Post by Xarzyth » 05/24/16

Instinctively Xarzyth countered with a wall of ice from the magic she had gathered to trap them. The skull exploded off it, crumbling the wall but leaving her unharmed. With a sweep of her arms and an incantation, jagged ice exploded away from her in a cone, decimating the undead encroaching upon her. But it had been enough time for them to escape.

She cursed loudly, the Thexian word reverberating off the mountain side the only sound in the now still clearing.