A Test of Faith (( Invite Only ))

Ongoing roleplay and fiction.
Post Reply
User avatar
WarDrums
Visitor
Posts: 11
Joined: 08/03/15

A Test of Faith (( Invite Only ))

Post by WarDrums » 04/27/16

The cadence of the drums and the ringing of the hammers on the anvils were invasive. The ambient sounds underpinning the cadence of drums and anvils were that of continuous battle. The land was battle scarred and ravaged. The scent of fire, death, and blood was heavy in the air. Conflict was the order of the day here. There was no mistaking that. Looming in the distance beyond the long stretches of battleground, a fortress stretched high into the sky. The sounds of snuffling and grunting travelled closer and closer to Shalour.

Shalour
Regular
Regular
Posts: 63
Joined: 04/02/15

Re: A Test of Faith (( Invite Only ))

Post by Shalour » 05/04/16

Pain...that's what he felt as the wood elf groaned pulling himself up into a sitting position on the hard stone. Pain throbbed through his chest as he reached down, feeling the dried blood on his chest. Shalour groaned quietly as the movement sent a new jolt of agony rippling through his body. One thing that he was thankful for was the relatively quick regenerative abilities of the Lycan. he raised his hand, and pressed it against the wound, intending to use his druid ability to fuather increase the pace of healing. A scowl formed as his abilities were not responding. He could feel the power of growth within him, but at the same time, it felt distant, as though there was a glass barrier between him and and the power of Tunare.

"Guess we're just have to wait Icicle.." He said, though, after a few seconds the events that had brought him him came to the forefront of his mind and Shalour tightened his fists. Icicle was dead. He was here alone, though his keen hearing picked up the sound of animal like grunting drawing closer. he threw aside thoughts of Icicle and what had happened, something was coming and he was injured and missing nearly half of his abilities to fight with. He stood carefully, grasping his Bite of the Wolf, even the blade's drudic connection was faint as he moved back toward a rocky outcrop, slinging his bag over his shoulder as he sought out higher ground.

User avatar
Ezyaathe
Patron
Patron
Posts: 20
Joined: 11/16/11

Re: A Test of Faith (( Invite Only ))

Post by Ezyaathe » 05/04/16

She watched the Feir'dal as he came around to consciousness and made his choices. She unhooked her axes as she jumped from her hiding spot. She landed driving the pommel of both into the boar's head killing it. She straightened up and hooked her axes then looked at the Feir'dal from under her helm. Her voice was gravelly and laced with a thick Nerian accent, "You will need food and bandages otherwise you are just bait. The scent of your blood will attract those who wish nothing other than your death or a meal. So will being peaceful and a pacifist." She removed her helm revealing a short white haired, violet eyed Teir'dal female. She was rather petite and clad black armor with a chainmail cloak. A rampant bear and a winged dragon biting its tail held the cloak to her chestpiece. She looked him over noting the necrotic wound. She was unsure why Her Ladyship let this one live. Perhaps he will prove useful though as bait later on. "Hopefully, you are not a vegetarian or you will not make it here." She put her helm down and pulled out a skinning knife. "This will go faster if you help. Time is not your ally in this realm." She gets to work on the boar quickly.

Shalour
Regular
Regular
Posts: 63
Joined: 04/02/15

Re: A Test of Faith (( Invite Only ))

Post by Shalour » 05/23/16

Shalour stood there, stunned by the speed at which the unknown warrior had dispatched the boar, in the past he would have been irritated that he hadn't even gotten the chance to fight the beast, but now now. Here, he needed help, and if it came int he form of ax wielding warrior women, then so be it. As she spoke, he recognized the Nerian accent and groaned inwardly, anyone who dealt with the Dark Elves would have.

The golden haired wood elf almost snorted, a lot of people wanted him dead, so in a small way of twisted comfort, that wasn't something new. "I kill when I have to, and I eat what ever I catch." he replied as he fished through his pouches before drawing out a small skinning knife, this was a task he has performed hundreds if not thousands of times over the years

User avatar
Ezyaathe
Patron
Patron
Posts: 20
Joined: 11/16/11

Re: A Test of Faith (( Invite Only ))

Post by Ezyaathe » 05/23/16

The pair made quick work of the boar and stored away what they could reasonably. Satisfied with the work, she put her helm back on and got to her feet. “I have a safe campsite nearby. We can finish dealing with the meat there. Let’s go. Make sure you keep up. I have no reason to go out of my way for you, again.” Her tone was even and clear bordering on giving orders. She lead them through the remains of the forest ravaged by eternal warring to a cave. She looked at the Feir, “So, Heath’Un, can you see in the dark?”

Shalour
Regular
Regular
Posts: 63
Joined: 04/02/15

Re: A Test of Faith (( Invite Only ))

Post by Shalour » 06/23/16

The wood elf kept quite as they moved through the forest, this was a situation of life and death, one he decided wouldn't end in death if he had any say in it. He had no need to worry about keeping up, his body was already tarting to recover from the shock and fight that had landed him, upon hearing her question, Shalour simply nodded "Yes, I can." The bit about Heath'Un purposefully ignored for the time being.

User avatar
Ezyaathe
Patron
Patron
Posts: 20
Joined: 11/16/11

Re: A Test of Faith (( Invite Only ))

Post by Ezyaathe » 06/23/16

She nodded once and lead him into the cave. They traveled further inside. It was deep enough to make a decent hiding hole. Light began to reflect off the wall. They eventually rounded a corner to an established camp site. Seated at the fire working with a mortar and pestle was a red haired, ivory skinned Koada'dal female with a black leather collar that had a platinum clasp etched with a rampant bear. The bear matched the one holding the Teir's chain cloak to her chest piece. There was an obese little owlbear parked in the Koada's lap with a large black bow. There was also a large undead minion staring at the newcomers that had come to attention. The Koada eyed Shalour warily and the obese little owlbear took up an alert position in the Koada's lap. With a small gesture from the Teir, the owlbear hrmphed as it plopped back down and the minion stood down. She cut straight to the chase with Shalour, “This is Ekitia. She is mine.” She looked back to the Koada, “This is a Heath'Un I found. I can smell his festering wound. He will need something to manage it for the time being.” She dropped her packs down and set to work on the meat. “Took down a war boar. Should make for decent rations.” The Koada nodded then set to work on preparing some herbs in silence.

Shalour
Regular
Regular
Posts: 63
Joined: 04/02/15

Re: A Test of Faith (( Invite Only ))

Post by Shalour » 07/24/16

Shalour 's green gaze flicked around the cave as his attention drifted from the Owlbear to the Koada, he bit his tongue at the Teir'Dal's comment before nodding quietly. He moved slowly, ducking down and waiting by the firepit as the herbs were prepared. Many questions flooded through the Feir's head, Why was he here? Why had he been spared/ But the biggest question he had, he soon gave voice to, turning toward the cloak wearing female 'Why are you all here?"

User avatar
Ezyaathe
Patron
Patron
Posts: 20
Joined: 11/16/11

Re: A Test of Faith (( Invite Only ))

Post by Ezyaathe » 07/24/16

The Teir's eyes settled on Shalour. "I am after something. That is all the answer you will get. Ask me again, I will answer with my axes." She held his gaze for a moment then went back to work making up rations from the boar meat.

The Koada finished making the salve. She spoke with a strange mix of both Koada and Teir accents, "I need to see your wound." She waited quietly with a displeased look on her face for him to lift his tunic. Once done, she looked over the wound carefully grimacing as she cleaned the festering puncture wound. Her ladyship recently reconsecrated her blades she thought based on the strength of the odor. She packed the wounded with the salve then bandaged it carefully. She returned to her spot when done. "Mistress?"

"No." The Teir did not look up from what she was doing.

She leveled a dark look at Shalour. "But Mistress..."

Zyaa cut her off, "I said no."

Disappointment settled on Ekitia's face as she turned her attention to making rations. "Of course, My Mistress."

The Teir continued to work on the rations, "Heath'Un... If you want to eat, help make rations."

Shalour
Regular
Regular
Posts: 63
Joined: 04/02/15

Re: A Test of Faith (( Invite Only ))

Post by Shalour » 09/18/16

Shalour crossed his arms at the blunt and vague answer before shrugging, there wasn't much he could do in his current state, his attention drifting toward the Koada'Dal as she worked, grunting slightly as she cleaned the wound, curious now to why it wasn't healing quickly with his nature, though he paused on mentioning it, if things turned sour and his ability to shift was his only ace, it'd be best to keep that up his sleeve. Though what ever remedy was used seemed to work at the time.

The wood elf leaned aginst the wall as the Teir repeatedly told the high elf no, now the context and question had him curious but that was the least of his concerns, he needed to get home, and it seemed that the dark elf was the only oen who'd get him there so.."What can I do to help you get what your after?"

User avatar
Ezyaathe
Patron
Patron
Posts: 20
Joined: 11/16/11

Re: A Test of Faith (( Invite Only ))

Post by Ezyaathe » 09/19/16

Zyaa leveled a cold stare at Shalour, "Stop holding up the wall Heath'Un or I will change my previous no." Ekitia looked over a grinned darkly as the Tei continued not bothering to hide her disdain and impatience. "You can help me by following instructions. Help make the rations or you will not have any food." She looks back to what she is working on as she mutters none too quietly, "All you Heath'Un are the same... ... full of hot air and terminally lazy. I should have finished what was started."

Post Reply