A Sister's Advice (Invite Only)

Ongoing roleplay and fiction.
Ethard
Regular
Regular

A Sister's Advice (Invite Only)

Post by Ethard » 03/20/17

One fine morning a particular blond wood elf young man showed up at the Tinwe'Saa residence. Ethard waves cheerily to the guards, asking, "Is Arq in? Does she um, have time to talk to me maybe?
Last edited by Ethard on 03/20/17, edited 1 time in total.

TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Re: A Sister's Advice (Open to Maethor and Arquenniel)

Post by TinweSaa » 03/20/17

The guards at the door let Ethard in to Arquenniel’s familial mansion that she shared with her sister before she married and now shared with no only her sister, but her children as well. There was some renovating being done to accommodate the children, but nothing too major or in the way. The butler showed Ethard to the sitting room. It was a cozy room with a large fireplace with signs of the kids making regular use of the room. The butler offered their guest some food and drink then exited to let Arquenniel know she had a guest.

After a few minutes, the red head arrived dressed in civilian garb. She smiled as she entered the room, “Hello Ethard. I am so glad you came to visit.” She offered him a hug before taking a seat.

Ethard
Regular
Regular

Post by Ethard » 03/20/17

Ethard happily takes the hug before he plops down. "Hi! Um... am I allowed to call you Arq? I am, right? I missed you!" He jabbers in his usual perky manner.

TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by TinweSaa » 03/20/17

"Of course, you can call me Arq. I have missed you as well." She smiles demonstrating an amazing tolerance for his perky jabbering as she always has. The butler would return with any food or drink Ethard requested before disappearing from the room again to let them talk in private. While the transition that lead to Arq's move was done with almost no fanfare, it had taken some time. Now that her and the kids are settled back in the house with Dalyia things were going well. In some ways, better than before. Retirement and the subsequent divorce did not come easily for her, but she was glad for it now.

Ethard
Regular
Regular

Re: A Sister's Advice (Invite Only)

Post by Ethard » 03/21/17

The wood elf fidgets, a sure sign something is on his mind. But he sips the water he requested, and reaches for a cookie. He nibbles on it, brown eyes wide with some thought. Finally, he can't resist the urge to talk any longer.

"How is retirement and um... things? Are the kids okay?" His tone is cautious, as if afraid of stepping on wounded feelings.

Tajar
Resident
Resident

Post by Tajar » 03/21/17

The Militia turned a blind eye to her. Her Division might have been dissolved, but there had been no disgrace and she was still well respected among most of Freeport. She was dressed in civvies, her sword hanging in it's usual place by her side clinking softly as she walked with calm determination towards her target. She would give him a chance to turn himself in, to go quietly.

She stopped ten metres from Karr, his back still turned to her. He was an easy target, but she was not one to kill in cold blood. She drew her sword with a soft ring of metal on metal. She opened her mouth to call his name, to get his attention.

"Aunt Tajar?"

Tajar let her breath escape in a short huff as she turned to see who had spoken. A tall strawberry blonde haired girl of around eighteen years was watching her questioningly. Blue eyes glanced at the sword, then to Karr who was still oblivious to the scene, and finally back to Tajar.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

Tajar hesitated. Traitor or not, she would not kill Karr in front of his daughter. With another huff she sheathed her sword. "Nothing." The girls conflicted expression told her that she was not believed, but she continued. "What is it Sharilee?"

"Oh I was just on my way to Mom's when I saw... you." Sharilee threw a sideways glance at her father's back. Clearly she was unsure how to deal with the situation either. She returned her attention to Tajar, and looped her arm through the former Commander's arm and steered her away from Karr. "C'mon, Mom would love to see you!" Tajar simply let out a sigh as she allowed herself to be pulled along by the youth.

A short while later they were in the Tinwe'Saa household, with Sharilee bounding forward to kiss her mom on the cheek while Tajar stood back.

"Look who I found Mom!" Sharilee grinned.

TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by TinweSaa » 03/21/17

She smiled at Ethard, "Retirement is going well. The kids keep me active. Other things are what they are and will eventually be handled by someone other than me. I have done what I needed to do. I separated myself and the kids to protect them from traitors and treason."

She looked up at the commotion to see Sharilee with Tajar in tow. After receiving a kiss on the cheek, she smiled. "Greetings you two and welcome, Tajar. Would you like something to eat or drink? I can have the butler get you something. I know Dalyia has all kinds of good stuff ready in the kitchen." She gestures about for Tajar's sake, "Have a seat."

Ethard
Regular
Regular

Post by Ethard » 03/21/17

Ethard seems to lose his train of thought as Tajar enters. She gets a cheery wave from the young wood elf, who might be harder for Tajar to recognize under the shroud he's painted and the angle.

"Hi um, Lady Starfall?" He says as a question, unsure of how to address her. He gives Sharilee a similar perky wave.

Tajar
Resident
Resident

Post by Tajar » 03/21/17

While Sharilee skips off to find some snacks, Tajar looks around the room for a seat and settles on a backless stool. She manages a smile for Arq, but eyes the chirpy elf warily until she remembers where she has seen such chirpiness. "Ah, hello Ethard, Arquenniel. Tajar is fine." She responds to his questioning tone. "No need to for all the extra attachments." Despite holding many titles, up to Arch-Duchess even, she rarely used any but her military titles, when even then had been more because that was simply the way things were done.

"I uhm... didn't bring any wine or anything, Sharilee kidnapped me while I was in Freeport." Apologising for lack of a housewarming gift and for her unannounced entrance.

TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by TinweSaa » 03/21/17

She chuckles, "All is well... No gifts necessary and visitors are welcomed. We are well stocked in food, beverages, wines, spirits, rum, and of course, children here."

Ethard
Regular
Regular

Post by Ethard » 03/22/17

"Ummm..." Ethard looks around, hesitating. Deciding whether this news will be met well or not. Finally, he swallows and pipes up, for once more serious than perky.

"I have some sorta good news?"

TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by TinweSaa » 03/22/17

"Oh?" Arq looks at Ethard genuinely interested. "What is your good news?"

Ethard
Regular
Regular

"The Temple said Mr. Morenin woke up finally. He was only in the coma a little while, so he'll probably survive." Ethard smiles, despite his own known fear of Morenin N''Tal. But he was a healer before all else, and knew the news should be well received.

TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Arq blinked in rather obvious surprise, "I am glad he is going to be fine, but I had no idea there was something wrong. I have been rather wrapped in getting divorced, moving, and settling kids. What happened?

Ethard
Regular
Regular

"I think a recruit fired a cannon at a cliff he was under... by accident, they said. He got buried. One of Maethor's sisters is a priestess, she's been tending him." He hesitates then figures it better to be up front, starting to list things on his fingers. "Concussion, broken ribs, legs, arms, brusied,,, everything..." He grimaces. "He's lucky to be alive at all." He pauses, suddenly nervous to say this.

"It'll be awhile before he fight again... if at all. I'm not healing him, but there could be permanent damage."

TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Arq blinked and looked between Tajar and Ethard, "That is horrendous. I will have to make a visit to The Temple." Most medical personnel and healers frowned on Arq's triage skills. So, she would leave that to them. However, she would make visits to injured and sick Knights to help with morale.

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Slipps » 03/22/17

"96...97...98...100! Readys or nots, heres I comes!" The cry echoed down the hall, followed by the scrabble of small claws as a brownish furred youngling Ratonga dashed into the room and started to peer into nooks and crannies.

TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

When Arq and Dalyia had reclaimed their home years ago, it was empty with signs of squatters having taken up residence. Since then, the mansion had been cleaned up, repaired, redecorated, and made comfortable. There were lots of hiding places all over. Arq chuckled as Creag romped through on his search for hiders. "You might have better luck in the kitchen. That is where all the goodies are..." She grinned knowing that Dalyia loved cooking and baking for the kids.

Ethard
Regular
Regular

Ethard grins at the child, completely side tracked now.

TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

She smiles at Ethard, "So I presume you wanted to visit me for a reason. What is up?"

Ethard
Regular
Regular

"Oh!" This surprised sound gives evidence to the fact that Ethard had, as usual, gotten sidetracked from the original topic. He flushes red under his painted on shroud, head tilted as if trying to figure out how to phrase things.

"I um.. I wanted to ask your advice on something personal. Is that okay?" His tone is a little timid now as he tugs at his new ponytail.

Tajar
Resident
Resident

Post by Tajar » 03/22/17

Tajar looked just as surprised at Ethard's news as Arquenniel did. "What, when did that happen?! Why has no one told us before now?" She stops herself from going into a rant, taking a deep breath and letting it out in a long sigh. She seems weary and down but trying to hide it. "Sorry... I just... it's only been a month and I'm already out of the loop. I will go visit later and see if there is anything I can do."

Ethard
Regular
Regular

"S-sorry." Ethard stutters. "The N'Tal are keeping this close, for some reason. The accident happened the day Morenin started with his new division. He was unconscious for a month..."

TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

"It is alright, Ethard. We know now. We will go see our fellow Knight and brother in arms. I am just glad he is alive and conscious once more." She smiles at him. "Of course, I am always willing to give you my thoughts on things. Just ask."

Ethard
Regular
Regular

Ethard gives Tajar an awkward look, rather embarrassed to discuss a personal matter after having inadvertently because the messenger of bad news.

"It can wait, if you want? I just... I'm not bothering with necromancy anymore, and I was thinking about things and... and Maethor suggested I ask you about something I was thinking about."