A Sister's Advice (Invite Only)

Ongoing roleplay and fiction.
TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Re: A Sister's Advice (Invite Only)

Post by TinweSaa » 03/22/17

She smiles warmly at him. "Ask away. You are among friends here. What were you thinking about?" She asks genuinely interested in hearing what he had to say.

Ethard
Regular
Regular

Post by Ethard » 03/22/17

The wood elf considers for a moment that seems to stretch before blurting out his question.

"Do you think I'd be an okay parent? Mae says it's hard to be one and we need to think about it. But there are lots of kids who need a home... Mae thinks stealing one is a bad idea." He says the last like he doesn't entirely agree with his lover.

TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

It takes Arq a moment to process all that then she smiles warmly at him again, "Stealing a child is a bad idea. I strongly encourage adoption. It worked well for me. The process is not hard just a little time consuming. As for being a parent, it is challenging in a good way. You learn an enormous amount about yourself and the world as a parent. It makes you think and consider everything even little things you take for granted. It is important that you Maethor talk about it, get on the same page, and keep an open dialogue. If the parents are not on the same page, it is a disservice to the kids. I know this first hand, unfortunately. As one of my children has been led astray because her father was not even in the same set of books as me nevermind the same page in the same book."

Ethard
Regular
Regular

Ethard nods somberly now, blond ponytail flopping about. "I don't think Maethor and I are um... that far off the same page. But I'll talk to him!"

Tajar
Resident
Resident

Post by Tajar » 03/22/17

Tajar smiles to herself imagining the chirpy wood elf and Maethor as parents. She was sure he'd make a fine parent, and Arquenniel was right in her response. Children were a gift, and you certainly learned a lot.

She looked around while the other two chattered, watching Craeg running around for a moment, and hearing the laughter of the older children from another room. She felt a sudden and intense longing to have those days back in her own home. But her children were grown and gone on to grown up things, and her house was often empty. Add in the closure of the Third Cavalry and Tajar felt completely lost for the first time since she had woken up in MMRD all those years ago.

TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

"If you do it right and things go well, you get grandbabies! Grandbabies are awesome because you have all the fun without all the work. Also, when they are all loaded up on sugar and wound tight, you give them back to mom and dad as a reminder of what they were like at the age. Grandbabies, the gift that keeps on giving." She chuckles amused at her own commentary.

Ethard
Regular
Regular

Ethard bursts out laughing in a peal of merriment. "I'll go with one step at a time." His giggles could match some of the children.

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Slipps » 03/23/17

Creag checked the last possible hidey hole in the room before deciding that Arq's idea of looking in the kitchen was a good idea, if only for the side benefits. He paused by Tajar, seeing the look on her face, then impulsively gave her a hug, before scampering off.

"I's goings to finds you!" His voice echoed down the hall as he dashed away.