The Interview

Ongoing roleplay and fiction.
Duvessa
Owner of the Raven
Owner of the Raven

The Interview

Post by Duvessa » 02/28/07

The Interview:

OOC: This is taken from a thread you can find here, and it seems perfect for the Raven as well. Copy the form, paste it into your reply, and fill out the questions.

Code: Select all

[b]1. What is your name? What do people call you? Have you ever gone under an alias?[/b]

[b]2. Where were you born?[/b]

[b]3. What is your family like? Did you have any siblings?[/b]

[b]4. What was your childhood like?[/b]

[b]5. What sort of education did you recieve? Were there significant role models?[/b]

[b]6. What sort of exposure did you have to outside events? Other races? Other cultures? Other religions?[/b]

[b]7. What do you believe in?[/b]

[b]8. Why did you leave home - or why do you stay?[/b]

[b]9. What is your position in society? Has this changed over your lifetime?[/b]

[b]10. How do you make money? What sort of skills do you have? Who taught them to you?[/b]

[b]11.What do you do to relax? What hobbies do you have?[/b]

[b]12. Under what circumstances would you kill?[/b]

[b]13. What would you die for?[/b]

[b]14. What frightens you?[/b]

[b]15. What is your most prized possession?[/b]

[b]16. Who have you loved?[/b]

[b]17. What are your goals?[/b]

[b]18. Where do you see yourself in the future?[/b]

[b]19. If you had a free day with no responsibilities and your only mission was to enjoy yourself, what would you do?[/b]

[b]20. What impression do you make on people when they first meet you? How about after they've known you for a while?[/b]

[b]21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that'll happen inyour life?[/b]

[b]22. What are you most proud of about your personal life?[/b]

[b]23. What are you most ashamed of in your personal life? [/b]

[b]24. If you could spend the day with someone you admire (living or dead or imaginary), who would you pick?[/b]

[b]25. Do you think you've turned out the way your parents expected?[/b]

[b]26. What do you believe about gods?[/b]

[b]27. Is there anything you've always wanted to do but haven't done? What would happen if you did it?[/b]

[b]28. What's the worst thing that's happened in your life? What did you learn from it?[/b]

[b]29. Tell me about your best friend.[/b]

[b]30. What's the worst thing you've ever done to someone? Why? [/b]

[b]31. What would you like it to say on your tombstone?[/b]

[b]32. Describe your ideal mate.[/b]

[b]33. What are you most afraid of?[/b]

[b]34. What's the most important thing in your life? What do you value most?[/b]

[b]35. What do you like best about yourself? Least?[/b]

[b]36. How do you feel about your life right now? What, if anything, would you like to change?[/b]

[b]37. Are you lying to yourself about something? What is it?[/b]
Last edited by Duvessa on 02/28/07, edited 1 time in total.

Duvessa
Owner of the Raven
Owner of the Raven

Post by Duvessa » 02/28/07

1. What is your name? What do people call you? Have you ever gone under an alias?

Duvessa El'lar. I prefer to be called Duvessa, unless under military circumstances. I hold the rank of Commander in my guild, Sentinel in the militia. I've been called Duv, or Duvey... I despise it. I have gone under an alias, though I won't say what, or it wouldn't be much of an alias.

2. Where were you born?

Kelethin

3. What is your family like? Did you have any siblings?

I had a good family, no siblings, but a large extended family. They were decent, honest, hardworking and tolerant people who did their best to care for me.

4. What was your childhood like?

Miserable. I stuttered, I was clumsy. The midwife who helped me into the world saw a darkness in me, and thus my name, Combine for 'dark beauty'. I'm not sure if I am what I am because of what she saw in me, or that by thus naming me, she self in motion a self-fulfilling prophecy, that had people treating me as an outcast from the start.

5. What sort of education did you receive? Were there significant role models?

From early childhood to about sixteen I was training to become a druid.

6. What sort of exposure did you have to outside events? Other races? Other cultures? Other religions?

Around sixteen I wandered too near Crushbone, was captured, and taken to Neriak as a slave, working for the priestesses of Innoruuk in their temple there. Within a few years, I had converted to Innoruuk's faith, and earned a citizenship in Neriak.

7. What do you believe in?

Now? Rational self-interest. I've been a follower of the Prince of Hate, the Plaguebringer, and more recently, Solusek Ro and I have a kind of an understanding. I do not publicly admit to holding to any faith or dogma.

8. Why did you leave home - or why do you stay?

I was taken from home. By the time I was free to come back, I wasn't fit to come back.

9. What is your position in society? Has this changed over your lifetime?

I've gone from slave, to assassin, to freelance wizard, served in several military organizations, and now, I serve as the second in command of a guild in Freeport, and as the owner of a popular inn and tavern. I would call my position in society more 'social organizer' than anything.

10. How do you make money? What sort of skills do you have? Who taught them to you?

Either as a mercenary, or as the owner of the Raven Mythic. I'm best skilled as a wizard. I was trained by my first mistress and the Spurned in Neriak.

11.What do you do to relax? What hobbies do you have?

I'm a sensualist. Good food, good drink, a good cigar, and a good bedmate. As for hobbies, I read, collect antiques, and in many ways, running my inn is my hobby.

12. Under what circumstances would you kill?

Like all people with a bit of power, I do tend to kill. I am honest about such things. Like most adventurers, I wander into the territory of beings that would often simply leave me be if I left them be. I kill them, and I take their things. I suppose I kill as a predator would. I'd kill defending my city, my friends. I rarely kill simply for the pleasure of it, though some have brought that side of me out.

13. What would you die for?

To be in a position where you must choose dying to accomplish a goal is, in the end, to fail. I've never been in a situation where I so monumentally screwed up that that was an option. I don't know what I would do.

14. What frightens you?

The mob. The unreasoning, doe-eyed, torch-carrying mob.

15. What is your most prized possession?

I suppose the Raven Mythic as a whole.

16. Who have you loved?

Many peope, mostly women, some men, often foolishly.

17. What are your goals?

It sort of changes moment to moment. I share a lot of goals with my friends. None of us is as stupid as all of us.

18. Where do you see yourself in the future?

I've lived in excess of five centuries, and I'm past the point I should have died a normal death. The magic that keeps me alive and looking young... well, skipping the details... one day it will stop, and so will I. Becoming a vampire isn't an option, it's not compatible with the magic already in me, so the easy way is out. I've had a good run, and I don't want it to end yet. But... unless I come up with some amazing discovery, my time is running out. I'd like to spend what is left of my future with the people who are my true friends.

19. If you had a free day with no responsibilities and your only mission was to enjoy yourself, what would you do?

I wouldn't know what to do. I'd pace a lot. I have responsibilities every day, some more than others, but every day. To have none would feel like something was wrong.

20. What impression do you make on people when they first meet you? How about after they've known you for a while?

I'd like to think, if they catch me on a normal, decent day, they find me gregarious and charming. Or powerful and something to fear. It depends on if I am in my inn, or in Freeport. I hope, honestly, I make a good reputation. I'd like to be judged based on me, and not my rumors.

21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that'll happen in your life?

No. Anyone who I have been engaged to has left me, left the whole world, right after. Hell, if you ever see someone declare their love for me openly... it's like a death knell, chances are good they will vanish soon after. I don't know why. Makes me sorry about the people who love me currently. I'd not like to lose them

22. What are you most proud of about your personal life?

Nothing. Next question.

23. What are you most ashamed of in your personal life?

We don't have that much time.

24. If you could spend the day with someone you admire (living or dead or imaginary), who would you pick?
Veeshan.

25. Do you think you've turned out the way your parents expected?

Yes, which is unfortunate for them and me.

26. What do you believe about the gods?

I've felt the ecstasy of a god's touch upon the soul. I do know what that's like.

Which is precisely why I fear it. I've felt only the brushings of power that come from having dealings with Solusek Ro, and that's a very pragmatic thing. People of a deep and abiding faith worry me. They make laws not based on reason and logic, but based on their conviction that their god is in full support of their own small-minded bigotries, fears, and personal fetishes.

You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep seated need to believe.

Anything you don't understand, you attribute to the gods. Gods for you is where you sweep away all the mysteries of the world, all the challenges to our intelligence. You simply turn your mind off and say the gods did it.

You see, the religious people -- most of them -- really think Norrath is an experiment. That's what their beliefs come down to. Some god or other is always fixing and poking, messing around with tradesmen's wives, giving tablets on mountains, commanding you to mutilate your children, telling people what words they can say and what words they can't say, making people feel guilty about enjoying themselves, and like that. Why can't the gods leave well enough alone? All this intervention sp

Axxon
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Axxon » 02/28/07

1. What is your name? What do people call you? Have you ever gone under an alias?

I am Axxon of the House Mael'Dar. Aliases are for cowards. Some comrades and allies call me Axxon...some High Consul. Lord will do as well.

2. Where were you born?

In Neriak, as far as I know.

I have no living relatives. I had one - a traitor to our Order. His body lies decaying in an unmarked grave, as is fitting.

*shifts uncomfortably* It had a beginning and it had an end.

5. What sort of education did you recieve? Were there significant role models?

My education was extensive. I was groomed at an early age by the priests and Knights of Neriak to be what I am. I am Shadowknight.

6. What sort of exposure did you have to outside events? Other races? Other cultures? Other religions?

Freeport is rife with racial variation. I have had all the exposure I can tolerate, frankly. Other religions? *scowls* Ask your next question...

I believe that Innoruuk's Chosen will one day take their rightful place as the rulers of this world. Everything else in which I believe merely echoes this truth.

Have you seen Neriak lately? Ask your next question, fool.

*smiles darkly* I have known great depths of despair and lofty heights in my lifetime. I am now a Regent of The Discipleship and High Consul to the Blessed One herself. There is no higher position in any society that matters.

10. How do you make money? What sort of skills do you have? Who taught them to you?

I consign the spoils of my conquests. I also enjoy carpentry, which provides both a creative outlet and a bit of profit.

I enjoy reading. I am a student of the arcane arts and the arts of warfare and diplomacy. Hobbies are for the idle, which I am not.

*blinks* There are so many I would hardly know where to begin.

I would gladly give my life to save the Blessed One or in the protection of the Faithful. There is no more noble death.

14. What frightens you?

Standing unworthy before my Dark Lord would certainly frighten me. That is all.

My mind.

16. Who have you loved?

*smiles coldly* An interesting question for one such as myself. Many believe love has no place in the Will, but they are wrong. Next question...

17. What are your goals?

My only goal is to serve the Will of the Father, His Blessed One and Her Church to the best of my ability. In so doing, I will one day see His Chosen rule the whole of Norrath.

Standing over your lifeless corpse if you persist in asking inane questions.

19. If you had a free day with no responsibilities and your only mission was to enjoy yourself, what would you do?

*stares scowling at the interviewer until the next question is asked*

20. What impression do you make on people when they first meet you? How about after they've known you for a while?

I suppose it is in the shape of my boot or shield...Oh...that sort of impresstion. Hm...Respect. Fear. Loathing. It is typically one of the three, I would imagine, depending upon who it is.

21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that'll happen inyour life?

A proper binding would be between two souls that compliment each other, and are of substantially equal worth in the Will. It may happen to me. It is not something with which I concern myself. It will happen or it will not.

22. What are you most proud of about your life? (If they answer with something other than a personal statement, like a business achievement, ask \"What about on a personal level?\")

My greatest personal achievement is surviving the Rite of Purification and emerging reborn as a worthy servant of the Will. Few have walked that path, and fewer still have survived it.

23. What are you most ashamed of in your life? (Again, if necessary ask \"What about on a personal level?\")

*glares* You risk much, interviewer, in asking such a question of me. This is your final warning.

24. If you could spend the day with someone you admire (living or dead or imaginary), who would you pick?

I already spend my days with those whom I admire. If I could chose someone not living....I would chose King Nathox Thex I.

Hardly.

26. What do you believe about God? (If they believe in God, ask \"What do you suppose God thinks of you?\")

Innoruuk has given us life to fulfill his Will and Purpose. I suppose He regards my accomplishments thus far as adequate or I would not be alive to endure this wretched interview, would I?

27. Is there anything you've always wanted to do but haven't done? What would happen if you did it?

*unfastens his blade from its sheath and pulls it out a few inches* What did I tell you about inane questions?

28. What's the worst thing that's happened in your life? What did you learn from it?

We have been over this already, if you have been paying attention. I am not in the habit of repeating myself.

29. Tell me about your best friend. (If you think it might be interesting, ask \"How did you meet? What do you like about this person? What do they like about you?\")

A Knight's best \"friends,\" to use your term, are his sword, his shield and his steed. Among these I favor my steed, for she has never failed me. Even in death does her spirit bear me...my loyal Avuna.

30. What's the worst thing you've ever done to someone? Why? (\"Why\" is usually a good follow-up question to any response!)

*laughs outright* I would be hard pressed to choose one representative answer. Ask your next question.

31. What would you like it to say on your tombstone?

If I am worthy, I shall not require one. The question is, therefore, moot.

32. Describe your ideal mate.

We have been over this.

33. What are you most afraid of?

*scowls* And this.

34. What's the most important thing in your life? What do you value most?

You are testing the most extreme bounds of my patience.

35. What do you like best about yourself? Least?

. . .

36. How do you feel about your life right now? What, if anything, would you like to change?

I would like this interview to cease. That is what I would change.

37. Are you lying to yourself about something? What is it?

*The corners of Axxon's mouth twist upward into a faint smile* In fact, I am. I had thought I would be able to endure this interview without having to k
Last edited by Axxon on 04/13/07, edited 1 time in total.

Savino
Honored Patron
Honored Patron

Post by Savino » 02/28/07

Savino.. Call Sav, Savvie, hey you all sorts really. Gone under more than a few aliass, but most are wanted for crimes so I will keep them to myself.

2. Where were you born?

Highpass.. Not sure whether in the keep or not. Probably not.

Family.. Hmm.. Well not sure what my parents were like or even if I have brothers or sisters.

Grew up scratching for food, dodging guards and gnolls with the other urchin kids. Tough times, sleepin in narrow cracks and trying to stay alive. A few of us made it. If you didnt learn quick you were a dead un.

School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.

People passed through all the time. Soldiers, Gnolls, Orcs, Adventurers.. They all had something in their pockets. Some tried coverting us to faiths, but we only ever turned up for the free food.

Take what you can now, cause you might get run over by a cart, or something in armour tomorrow.

Started a band.. Came across a dead group of adventurers once and no one wants to buy the instruments.. So me and a few of the other kids started messin about with em. Suprising how it confused the Gnolls in the Canyons. Anyway, we got pretty good and started making money that way.. Buskin first and then we got hired to play some places and moved away from Highpass.

Well people call me a guide at times, but that isnt what I do. I call myself a lifetime contract sofa tester.. But really I just do whatever I feel like. Come a long way since stealing pack lunches from Guards. I seem to rub shoulders with some pretty important people.. And gods knows how that happened.

All of my skills are self taught, from sneaking into houses to swinging a sword.. Making money is easy, people just leave it laying around all over. Why just the other day a fella was sat by the side of the road with two gold sitting in a hat. Clearly he didnt want it.

Fine cigar, a hot bath and a locked door.

Oh, plenty. If we are talking what is the minimum provocation, well hmm.. That is all pretty relative really. Too hard to answer.

A Mistake think about it!

14. What frightens you?

Barbarian Lady Boys

My eyes.

16. Who have you loved?

Fizzy and Lyssa.

17. What are your goals?

Live as long as possible.

Running for my life.

Aint that a normal day?

I guess you would have to ask them, but it seems that most people tend to like me. I am not aggressive or in your face.. Just happy where I am and I hope that shows.

21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that'll happen in your life?

Waking up next to that certain person and being happy that they are there.

I am easy going.

I never used to be easy going.. Very bad man, done some very bad things.

Living please.

I have absolutely no idea

26. What do you believe about gods?

That they feel they need to be worshipped. They gain power from that. Without us they are nothing.

27. Is there anything you've always wanted to do but haven't done? What would happen if you did it?

Mudwrestle three naked Valkyries. Would probably end up sleeping on the streets again.

28. What's the worst thing that's happened in your life? What did you learn from it?
Hmm My first love turned me into a monster, cheating bitch.

29. Tell me about your best friend.

She is funny, kind, wicked, helpful, bah, stop or I will get all soppy.

30. What's the worst thing you've ever done to someone? Why?

Taken their dignity, mind, body and life cause I could

If you can read this your standing on me.. So get off.

Small, dark skinned Ayrdal. Skinny but warm someone whw makes me smile.

Didnt I already answer this? Barbarian Lady Boys.

Contentment and Freedom

My ass best... least.. I am lazy.

36. How do you feel about your life right now? What, if anything, would you like to change?

I am pretty happy with my life.. Always have been mostly.. Even during my bad days I was happy with my life. I was angry and hateful, but that was directed. Sounds odd doesnt it.. But it is true.

I am a good liar, so I have probably convinced myself I am not lying to myself.. Theres a paradox.

Pyxie
Resident
Resident

Post by Pyxie » 02/28/07

Wow, did you see them carrying out the last guy? Mister Axxon done did him in good. I hope y'all are getting paid pretty well! Do they make you provide your own ink and paper? That could add up.

ah-hem

Oops. Sorry. Hee. I'm Pyxie. Nice'ta'meetchya. Folks call me all sorts o' things. Alias? Sure sure. Urdis Bo'Burdis to get into the Soulfire...and to order things in Freeport when I don't want folks ta know I live in Qeynos.

2. Where were you born?

On an island! Nice place. Somewhat small but good for runnin' around. There was a cave where I could read all day long while Grandpa fished.

Don't know really. I have a Grandpa, but he was human. He's probably dead now cause, as ya know, humans get old. I guess he was watchin' over me for my real folks.

Fun! Quiet. Grandpa wouldn't speak much even when he wasn't out on the boat fishing, so I'd generally spend my time runnin' around screamin or reading. I would never recomend runnin' around reading as it leads to broken bones.

Hee. Ya know the saying that a person who acts as their own representative in court has a fool for a lawyer? No? Hee.

In that case, put down I taught myself! I read a lot so am minored in book learning. Once I got to the mainland I had doubts I could make it pay off so switched majors to street learning.

Well when I could get Grandpa to talk about such things, his usual response was \"G'damn it, you're burnin' the fish while you're jibber-jabberin' about imaginary places. Ya sound like a bleedin' gnome!\" So I think that covers religion, culture, and other races.

My clothes? Oh...you mean what do I believe? You really shouldn't end questions in prespositions, cause it sort of leads it up in the air. I could have said a church or a building and just left it at that.

ah-hem

Hee hee. Well I believe in what I can see. And what I can't see. Pretty much until you prove to me it doesn't exist I'm willing to believe most everything. It's a big dang world out there!

Grandpa got old. Decided he best drop me off with the other exiles and took me to the island. He didn't stick around though, just left me at the wharf and sailed the other direction.

Hee. I've gone from crawling to standing, to most points between. No no, don't go wriggling your eyebrows...though it's rather cool.

Okay..me being serious. Ah-hem, ah-hem.

I'm a free-spirited slave and enjoying every minute of it. What? No I am serious! Aw c'mon, don't go to the next question.

I make it just a little bit faster than I spend it. I like to keep my options open so have been workin' hard at doing all sorts of things. Some things I pick up easy, other things I just can't manage. Nobody has ever really taught me stuff. It just comes natural...or not. Tinkering? Natural. Whittling? Unnatural affront to nature.

Hee hee hee ha ha ha...hah! Hee-hee...oh...hee hee hee...no no, can't say. Pretty much I'm relaxed most o' the time. Thoughs times I'm anxious it's usually..hee hee..no no, next question please.

Well... Death is pretty common in Norrath. That's both an easy question and hard one to answer. I really don't think much about death or life when it comes right down to it. When you need to kill a bunch of bandits cause an old man forgot to pay his gambling debts...or just wants a sammich...you get pretty...what's the word for it? Umm. Numb to it.

On the flipside you gotta figure everybody else out there is numb to it also. Norrath is a dangerous place.

An over confident cleric! Hee hee hee. Sorry, adventurer joke. There's a few people out there that I'd die to save. Wouldn't really wanna mind you but if it came to me or them and a pit o' infinite doom? I'd take the plunge to let 'em live.

14. What frightens you?

I can't burp.

No! I am serious! Phah. You can't understand. You can burp.

My feet. Hee. So long as I can run and feel the wind in my hair...okay my hair also you can add that can't you? Then I'm happy.

16. Who have you loved?

I...I fall in love easily. So I try real hard not to do so if that makes sense. But I still do. Hee. I could spend a while saying who I love and love even now. We'll pass pass.

17. What are your goals?

To build the biggest, baddest, supperest refined troll snot flinger in the world! Hee. Hey! Don't look at me like that. Okay okay fine. Put that I have lots of small goals. They keep me happy and they change a lot and often. Ask me tomorrow and I'll say my goal is to paint a really good wall or something.

I looked in this mirror at the Raven-Mythic once. Supposed to show you what you really want in the world and what would make you happiest in the future. Me? It had me painting a wall. Hee. I painted a LOT of walls and while I had fun it was no life alterating experience. I don't think anybody can predict the future so I don't spend my time worrying about it.

Hee hee. Well today it's talk with you!

Shouldn't you be writing that one down? Hee. I'm pretty sure your first impression is \"damn she talks a lot!\" That'll be second thru third. I hope at the end o' it they think I'm a pretty good person to be around.

21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that'll happen inyour life?

I'v seen very few good marriages to know what they are like. I'd imagine they'd be where the people are happy. I can name the samples off of one hand, hee. Right now I'm happy, so I don't think marriage would take away or give more to that. Nobody's ever asked me to marry them!

Hmmm. I enjoy life.

Hee. Sometimes I have these...urges...No no. Hee, best to pass on this question. Not really ashamed, just don't understand half the time.

hee hee. Imaginary. That'd be a riot!

Not sure to be honest. I'm pretty sure I'

Revenent
Patron
Patron

Post by Revenent » 02/28/07

1 . What is your name? What do people call you? Have you ever gone under an alias?

Revenent of the House Ales't, once of Neriak. People usually call me Knight, Dame, or Disciple. Occaisionally, people who know me well call me Rev'. Once I was known as 'The Scythe' to my enemies. I've gone under an alias before, yes; though I will hardly reveal that to you.

2. Where were you born?

Are you sure this interview was ordered by the Blessed One? *Eyes the Interviewer with distaste* I was born in Neriak ... yes, yes, I know my age seems to make that impossible. You would have to talk to the Lord Innoruuk if you wish to understand why it is true, however.

The House Ales't was a house of the Third Gate, closely aligned with the Dead of Neriak. My father was a Shadowknight and my mother was a Priestess of Hate. I had several siblings. My brother Vanathar and I were the youngest and were given to the Dead at a young age.

I lived to the age of six in my father's house, then I was give to a Knight of the Dead to serve as his page. I lived in the main hall and learned the ways of Innoruuk and the Honor of Hate. I became a quire to one of the Dreadlords when I turned thirteen. At seventeen I received my spurs and blade. I do not think my childhood lasted past the age of six, really. Among the Dead, one has no time for such things.

My Lord Father taught me bladework even after I was given to the Dead. My brother and I both learned our skill from him. My mother taught me my faith, and, later, certain priests at the temple. When I was eleven I was betrothed to a knight of another noble house whose name was Nevix. I thought he was the perfect knight of hate. Unfortunately, he served Lanys and died in the battling in Kithicor. *smirks* I did tell you I was born in Neriak, you know. Don't look so shocked. No, I am not very old. No, I am not going to explain why.

*shrugs* What my elders deemed necessary. I was a member of the Sigils guild, due to my mother's influence. Anyone of any faith or race can be a Sigil, so long as they live fully their chosen aspect of Norrath. That was the extent of my exposure as I was not often able to attend their meeting or even meet with any other Sigils.

My Lord Innoruuk and Honor.

I left home at the request of my god. I stay in Freeport because the Discipleship is in Freeport.

I am a knight of Innoruuk, born of a high house. When I first came to Freeport, I was an invalid, and was treated as such as few knew my past at that time. That was the only period in which my position has changed over much. Now I am a member of the Discipleship, where my faith - rather than my brith is rewarded. Still, among other Tier, both are recognized.

I serve my Lord High Consul Axxon and the Lady Regent Urdis, and through tasks they set me I earn enough. The Blessed One also gives me tasks, much to my honor. I hope to become an armor or weaponsmith eventually.

Relax? *blinks at the interviewer* Of what consequence is that? As to hobbies ... *shrugs* I practice my blade, collect objects of significance, and practice certain skills my Lady Urdis has taught to me in regard to poisons and anatomy.

Should anyone threaten me or those I serve, I will kill them. Should anyone fall from the service of my Lord Innoruuk, I will slay them. Should any serve the whore, I will kill them. I am not a peaceable creature seeking the good will of any. As a knight, my purpose is justice and the honor of my blade. Those who do not serve hate ... *looks at the interviewer* Do you serve hate? *lips tilt*

Hate and Honor.

14. What frightens you?

Nothing I can think of. I am not, after all, a servant of Thule.

My altar, my blade, and the books my brother left to me when he died.

16. Who have you loved?

I have little experience with love.

17. What are your goals?

To become a master of the blade, to hone my skills, to serve the Discipleship and the Blessed One, to please my Lord Consul and Lady Regent, and to spread Hate to every corner of Norrath.

You just asked me that.

*brow goes up* I am not a layabout, if that's what you are insinuating.

I have no idea. I am not other people.

*shifts uncomfortably* A good marriage is one that pleases my Lord Innoruuk. As a Tier of the House Ales't, the last of my house, I must marry another Tier'dal. I believe it will happen in this lifetime.

22. What are you most proud of about your life? (If they answer with something other than a personal statement, like a business achievement, ask \"What about on a personal level?\")

Pride is an emotion I try not to indulge.

23. What are you most ashamed of in your life? (Again, if necessary ask \"What about on a personal level?\")

This is beginning to feel more like an interrogation than an interview. *hand goes to blade hilt for a moment, then leaves it as the interviewer sputters* Be careful of what you say.

I often spend time with those I admire. However, I miss my father and his wisdom. He was a most excellent knight.

Not entirely. They expected me to be dead at this point in time. *Smirks*

26. What do you believe about God? (If they believe in God, ask \"What do you suppose God thinks of you?\")

It is unwise to draw the attention of the Lord of Hate to oneself, but to bring others to his attention is a most worthy goal. He enjoys our faith and praise.

There are many of these things. Most of them revolve around the decimation of my enemies in Norrath. If I did accomplish it, the Tier would rule Norrath.

*looks uncomfortable and glares at the interviewer, who hurriedly goes on to the next question*

29. Tell me about your best friend. (If you think it might be interesting, ask \"How did you meet? What do you like about this person? What do they like about you?\")

No.

I killed one of the Fallen and burned his village about his ears with the inhabitants alive in the houses. I also spitted his lover on her body guard's spear before I brought him the blade he'd crafted for her. I used it to kill him. There are probably worse things, though ... I can't recall.

Here lies the Faithful of Innoruuk.

Strong, dedicated to Hate, wise, capable, intelligent, *waves her hand* This cannot be new to you.

You dare ask that again? *half rises, interview changes cours

Faeina
Patron
Patron

Post by Faeina » 02/28/07

*taps on her chin and thinks, before pointing to herself and then pointing to her shaking head*

2. Where were you born?
*reaches into a pouch at her side and pulls out a large leaf*

*thinks and thinks and thinks before shrugging*

*smiles brightly and flutters about doing flips in the air, before giggling hysterically, sounding a lot like little silver bells*

*thinks and thinks and thinks, before pulling out a phoenix feather from her pouch*

*points to the room all around her*

*smiles brightly, and tries to give the interviewer a hug*

*flutters in midair, sitting in place, staring staring staring, looking obnoxiously bored*

*points to the rafters*

*reaches into a small pouch at her side and pulls out a large harp*

*points to the harp*

*thinks and thinks and thinks and shakes her head, looking confused*

*looks more confused*

14. What frightens you?
*reaches into her pouch and pulls out a big doll that looks like a white kngiht*

*holds up her phoenix feather*

16. Who have you loved?

17. What are your goals?
*looks confused and shrugs*

*points to the rafters*

*points to her harp and then giggles, sounding like little bells*

*thinks and makes a frumply face* *a little later, the frumply face goes more frumply and then not frumply*

*looks confused and shakes her head*

*points to her harp and smiles brightly*

*thinks and thinks and then nods vigorously*

*gives herself a big hug*

*thinks and shakes her head*

*holds up her phoenix feather, looking very sad*

*holds up her phoenix feather and dances with it in the air for a little bit*

*thinks and thinks and then pulls a large inflatable hammer out from her pouch, before giggling a lot*

*looks confused*

*shrugs and looks even more confused*

*holds up her phoenix feather and then blows on it, still holding onto it really tight*

*hugs herself tightly and smiles brightly*

*hugs herself, but then holds up her feather and makes flying motions with it*

*looks confused*

GloomPixie
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by GloomPixie » 02/28/07

OOC: Ok...I'll bite. *grin*

My name is Euryale, of House K'Eris. Most people do not have the audacity to call me anything else, and if they do, it is out of my hearing. The only time I went under an alias was on a mission to winnow the Faithful of Qeynos from those who have betrayed their heritage. That persona and that name are both dead, having served their purpose.

2. Where were you born?

Irrelevant question, as I neither know nor care.

My \"family\" consists of those who make up the ragtag odds and ends of what I could call a reconstituted House. They number two...at best. I am unaware of any siblings and I only know my parents through the words of others and the printed page.

Regimented, if you really must know. My time was divided between study of theology and philosophy and the arts militant. There was little space left over for frivolities.

I would hope that my education was one proper for a young woman in my position. If it was not, then so be it. It cannot be changed now and it has served me tolerably well to this point. My role models were in print and in the persons of my guardians and tutors. I have not yet found many who could match them in faith.

*waves away the question as irrelevant*

Must you ask? Of course you must...you are unable to infer anything on your own.

I did not leave my \"home\" so much as I was kidnapped by meddling Militiamen \"for my own good.\" Useless curs.

I am not interested in my temporal position. Kings fall and empires fade.

I learned everything that has kept me alive from Bellona. The rest will likely bore your eventual readers.

Hobbies? Oh...you mean like developing new recipes. Care for a candied fairy wing, by the way? *offers a smallish tin full of what appears to be sugar-coated dragonfly fairy wings*

The right ones, of course.

My god and my people. No other cause is worthy of my blood.

14. What frightens you?

*merely quirks an amused eyebrow and smirks*

My father's journal.

16. Who have you loved?

Love is not a term I would use. And regardless, it is none of your business, whatever you choose to call it.

17. What are your goals?

I hope to be an example of devoted service and to see the reunification of my people in faith and purpose.

The answer to this cannot interest either you or your readers. I have simple goals in life and do not seek to be anywhere other than where Innoruuk intends me to be.

Such days do not exist. I am never without my responsibilities as a knight and my duty to Innoruuk.

I have little care about what others think of me. They can take me as I am or eat several inches of my steel. Those who seek a third option would be well-advised to meditate upon the fate of those who do not accept what they cannot change.

*amused snort* I am wed to my blade and my faith. What else is there?

*dismissive wave* All that is praiseworthy is Innoruuk's.

That is none of your business.

Another useless question. I have already spent days in the company of those I admire -and have once admired. They are days like any other in the grand scheme of things. Either I learned what I needed to learn or I did not. Time will be the judge.

I could hope I am at least half the knight my father would wish me to be. Half his worth would be more than many have achieved.

Have we not covered this question already?

More frivolous hypothisizing.

I learned that there is, in fact, nothing beyond bearing so long as my will is strong enough to believe it bearable.

*blank stare*

Why would I tell you?

I do not wish a tombstone. It is not necessary to immortalize my resting place to the ages.

You must be joking.

*another dismissive wave*

I am growing impatient with your ceaseless questions about ephemera. Is there not something more profound we could be discussing?

Tcha! I am as Innoruuk has made me. To pick and choose among the various parts is to question His wisdom. I am not so vain or bold as to think myself able to commit an act of hubris of that magnitude.

Today, I live. Tomorrow I may die. *shrugs* What is there to change?

Likely. We all lie to ourselves about the things we care most about.

Modesta
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Modesta » 02/28/07

Modesta Teapot. Moddie. Mause, the Rat, Modzilla

2. Where were you born?

Temple Street

My family was rather small. I imagine I probably did, but I was too young to remember.

Brave and odd. My family was killed in a gnomish snapping device one day when they were foraging for food. I stayed home because I was too little to go and they never came back. I wandered from inn to inn singing and making jokes and stories to earn my food and have gained a following for my entertaining skills.

My education was purely in the taverns of Freeport. Tough or mild, I watched as all the races interacted. I learned etiquette and proper language from the elves, a love of food from the Ogres and Barbarians. I learned carpentry from other Ratongas that showed me how to gnaw the wood to file my constantly growing front teeth.

All of my exposure was in a casual or formal manner. I do not have understanding of religion outside of discussions I have overheard.

I believe in making the best of my life before it suddenly ends.

I left my families home out of hunger.

Many look to me to forget their woes. Perhaps I am like wine. I seem to get better as I age. More recently, I have been praised for my tarot reading skill which is also getting better as I age.

Ahh money, I fight tooth and nail for every copper and I rarely spend what I find, hunt, receive from sales, receive as tips or payment. I have introduced a rather intimidating Ogress to watch over my hoard and in return I pay for her modest home. I told her that if she watches long enough she may become a dragon. *chuckles*

I love a good pot of tea and to tell a good story or sing a good song. My entertaining is not only my trade, but the love of my life.

There are many, self preservation, money, self promotion.

My own mistakes.

14. What frightens you?

The thought of being hungry without means for food. Being alone.

A gnomish candy machine given to me by Duvessa.

16. Who have you loved?

Jqaea, my mockingbird Avi, my friends.

17. What are your goals?

To survive comfortably, surrounded by my friends.

Singing for my friends in a tavern.

Play practical jokes on someone that takes life too seriously. Perhaps ask Duvessa to brush my fur.

I imagine that they think I am sweet and rather harmless. I think they realize later that there is a little more to the rat than song and dance.

Two people that love each other. No, I try not to think about that.

Eating an entire gingerbread town.

Leaving the Harvest.

Bristlebane. We would play crazy 8's.

I am not sure.

I believe that the faithful are rewarded for their work, but that none of the gods have interest in my talents.

I have not thought of this before, I suppose to sing a song so well that I get a standing ovation. If that should happen I think I would faint.

My love was not returned. I learned that life alone can be as full a spectrum of feeling as a life with a partner.

I trust Duvessa with my life, I suppose that is a dangerous thing considering her past, but my instincts tell me it will be worth it. We each want something from the other that cannot be given.

I spend quite a bit of time with Qiaje. She is terribly fun to prank, unless I run too slow and she gets a punch in.

Thaevek yearns for a dangerous hunt just as much as I do. I cannot begin to count the many times we have left our blood on the floor of some godforsaken place. I find it quite comical that a Kerra and a Ratonga should enjoy killing together side by side as we do.

Callandra and Emeraven have been there at my side as a calming and simple confidante in my dark and bright times.

It is difficult to choose just one as I love people equally for their differences.

I have killed many people in order to gain profit and fame. I am not proud of it, but it does make me more powerful and gives me more ability as an entertainer. Boons always come with a price.

Buried alive!

Quiet, enchanting, scholarly.

Being hurt emotionally.

My life.

I love my voice and song the most and I like my greed the least.

I feel it is stable and I like that. The Raven Guard treats me well. Perhaps if I could change anything, it would be to get a certain someone's attention.

If I am lying to myself, I am a good liar because I haven't caught myself in the lie yet.

Kalyria
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Kalyria » 03/01/07

Me full name be Kalyria Sel'Valeth . People call me Kaly or Kitten *nods*

2. Where were you born?

In a faraway land *nods slowly*

Me got a daddy an' a mommy iffen they not dead yet . Me not seen them fer a hunnerd years *sighs* Loved

me mommy lots but daddy not so much after what de tried ta do ta me daughter .

Been otay me guessin' . Been spendin much time close ta our village nott wanted ta go out much an' all .

wanted ta be a priestess *nods* An' then me had to take care o me daughter early after me adopted her .

Me education been good me thinkin' . Had ta learn lots but enjoyed it lots . Bein the daughter o' A High

priest can be lots o' work but it easy ta get them fancy books *giggles*

Outside events ? Invasion o' me homeland by orcses ? Keepin a dark elf lass from starvin' ? Bein' in wars

?

Me thinking there some good in everyone . One just got ta wake it . Iffen nothin' helps -Fire does .

Because me daddy tried ta burn me girl .

*shrugs* Me gone from rich daughter o'er hard workin single mommy ta Lady o' Qeynos an' Mistress o'

the Arcane *smiles softly* Guess me went back ta me roots .

Me a seamstress an' a bardess an' a teacheress in the tower o' magic in Qeynos . Soo we makin clothes .

tis something that always been me hobby ... an' me learned magic when me been young an' later when me

had ta get money fer me daughter an' me . So me learned a lot by meself .. An' now i the tower me learned

lots , too . Oh and the singing me learned because me always been singing the magic in' me homeland . so

about a century o' practice me guessin *smiles*

Tehee well makin pwetty clothes , bathin' , swimmin' , readin ' , snugglin' an' other things me shouldnt tell

ye !

Iffen someone attacks me family or me home or me maybe . or iffen someone killin innocent people me

guessing . me not likin' them people who do that .

*pauses* Not sure .. fer me family me guessin' or me luv .

14. What frightens you?

Big smelly things . Bigger things even iffen they not smell . Men sometimes ...iffen they big and scarey .

Oh ! And scarey things *nods twice*

*blinks twice * Me guessin' rite now its me baby Luci *nods*

16. Who have you loved?

Me loved a couple people *smiles*

17. What are your goals?

Goals ? Me not sure . Me would like ta make a real family that lasts me guessin' an' havin' a nice peaceful

life be nice too .

Me not sure . Would love ta see meself sittin' on a couch at a fire leaned against me luv with kids playin'

around us *smiles*

*blinks and blushes *

Ye should ask em' not me 'bout tis . Me guessin people thinkin' me silly an' cute an' nice hopefully , maybe

*shrugs* hope it doesnt change much when they get ta know me .

Bein' happy tagether fer all time !... an' me would wish me knew *sighs*

Me proud me brought up a nice smart beautiful girl even tho me been all alone .

*blinks and blushes again* me so ashamed o' them that me not wants others ta know them things !

Tehee not sure really ... Me would luv ta spend a day with me first luv again ... or with one o' me two

fiancee's like in nice times ... *giggles* or Duvessa *giggles more*

Me thinkin' me mommy would be proud o' me ...

Fire keeps people warm . Love too *smiles*

Yepp there such things . And me thinkin' if people would find out there would be more naughty rumors

'bout me in Qeynos *giggles*

Lots o' bad things ... Me not sure me learned much from them . Just tryin' ta forget .

Me best friend ? Me wouldnt like ta say one o' me friends is the best me got a few me likin' . Like Kyrraa

Velshorn or Renita .

Me killed the man who let me an' me daughter live in his house because o' what he did ta me daughter .

Kalyria Sel'Valeth , our beloved mother .

She or he should be nice an' carin' an' open-hearted ..Not possesive but playful ... an' other things too

*giggles*

Losin' me love again ...whoever tis goin ta be .

Didn't me say tis earlier ? Tehee both me daughters .

Me likin' most 'bout meself ? Me thinkin' me likin meself fer not killin' meself yet . An me dislikin most that

me bein' depressive s often ...

Me lonely ta be honest .. would like ta have someone .

*shrugs* me not sure really . Iffen me does me got so used ta it me not seein' it as a lie .

Erithe
Dragon Bunneh

Post by Erithe » 03/01/07

I am Erithe Endiredre of the House Aluviel once of Felwithe, High Sigil & Sigil of the Autumn Woods, Wizard of Solusek Ro ... and several other additions that I very much doubt interest you at all. People call me Erithe, Eri, or High Sigil - if they are Sigils themselves. I've never had cause to go under an alias, so no.

2. Where were you born?

I was born on the shores of Faydwer at my father's estate near the city of Felwithe at the dawning of the Age of Turmoil.

My family was very warm and kind. My father was a paladin of Tunare, my mother an enchantress of the Keepers of the Art in Felwithe. My maternal grandmother was a wizard of the guild there, as well, and had lived in Takish Hiz before the fall. I had several siblings, though only one - Sapienti - still lives. We were separated after our parents were killed in an attack upon my father's lands. As I showed aptitude for wizardry, I was given to my grandmother, Firien Endiredre, and the others were given to other foster homes or guilds.

Later, I married and bore three children into this world. Unfortunately, I have survived them all, and my husband died quite young.

Before my parents' death, it was idyllic. Afterward, it was filled with study and court intrigues. Oh yes, children of the guilds were involved in the strategies of the courts as well as the adults. Still, it was an interesting time, and I do miss my grandmother terribly - even now.

I was trained among the wizards of Felwithe by my grandmother, who was a great sorceress and one of the counsellors serving the King. Later, after I left the city to make a name for myself and to expand my prowess, I had many teachers ... it would take to long to number them all.

I was encouraged to learn from other cultures and to study history and be involved in it - if I could. As High Sigil, I was involved in a guild that accepted anyone who sought to live more fully their place in Norrath - no matter their creed or bloodline. Suffice it to say that my explosure to other peoples has been extensive.

Once I believed in Tunare, the mother of all. I was raised to believe in her, as my father and my son were her own paladins. However, Tunare chose to abandon her children and, upon returning, has not aided them, but has asked instead for their devotion. I choose to align myself with Solusek Ro in her stead. It was he who has placed me where I am now, and he who has enabled me to become more powerful as a wizard .. and he promises nothing, asks nothing ... *shrugs* I find it a suitable arrangement.

I left home to learn and grow as a wizardess. If I stay anywhere now, it is because of those who stay with me.

Currently, I am a mercenary, High Sigil of the Society of Sigils, and ... as always ... wizard. Once I was also a member of the Keepers of the Art in Felwithe and a daughter of a high house, but Felwithe has changed since the gates closed long ago. Now I am more a wanderer than anything else. Neither Qeynos nor Freeport are anything more than resting places ... and Kelethin has changed since I once kept a home there.

I adventure and study. I am not much of a skilled craftsman of any kind.

I enjoy my time at the Raven-Mythic where I keep company with friends I have met there and while on journeys. Research keeps me occupied more often than not.

*lift of the brow* More often than not, I kill those who would kill me.

As I've obviously never been permanently dead, I couldn't answer that.

14. What frightens you?

The loss of my mind to dementia, disease, or accident. I have experienced it before and do not wish to do so again.

*puts her hand to her throat, where an aged rose quartz amulet nestles in the hollow of her collarbone* This was given to me long, long ago when I was made High Sigil. It has survived the Shattering, the implosion of the Spires on Luclin, and many other disasters before and since. It reminds me of who I am and where I come from.

16. Who have you loved?

You do not have time for the answer to that. *laughs* Suffice it to say that I love freely and with a will. Caution in love defeats the purpose.

17. What are your goals?

To become ever more powerful, to understand more of the world, to love deeply, and to die in the knowledge that I had given everything to my life.

Among friends and enemies, fighting to the end and learning all the secrets of Norrath.

I would ensconce myself in a bath of jasmine and rose, find a warm sun beam to sleep in ... that sort of thing.

I have no idea. I imagine they find me a little strange for a koada'dal. After they've known me a while, I think ... I hope ... they find me a warm and kind friend. I have no enemies of long acquaintance. *smiles*

Marriage is intimacy and companionship ... the closest of friends. I wonder ... perhaps? It seems unlikely at this age ...

I am still alive and have not lost interest in life. I have, in fact, become more enthusiastic about it.

Ahhh ... that would take a while, wouldn't it? I think, to be succinct, I would say: I would that I had been where I was needed when I was needed. Alas, I was not.

Possibly, Al'Kabor. I was ever following him about through my life and never once got to speak to the man! And ... maybe the man who built the Spires. I would, as well, have liked to speak to Veeshan and see through her eyes the world before any god knew it.

Other than the fact that I worship Solusek Ro, I do believe they expected me to live a life full of adventure, conflict and love ... so, yes. I think I did.

They are finicky, unpredictable, and strange. I do not care for them. Pyxie's ideas about the little gods is much more appealling. Still, the elder gods are necessary when

Jystana
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Jystana » 03/01/07

Jystana Mae'Ghym, I have never known another name.

2. Where were you born?

I have no idea.

I have never had a family.

I was raised by some members of the Ashen Order in a school and farming complex outside of Freeport. I had no childhood as others might have had. I was a student and from all the time I remember I was always such.

I was taught the ways of the Ashen Order with hopes that I would find tranquility. I was never able to obtain that, as it is against how The Father created me. The monks were excellent teachers in all else, they were just not able to change my nature.

Through literature I was exposed to everything. I was raised outside my culture, but I was given access to all the knowledge of such things that my teachers had.

The Father and Purpose.

The monks were slaughtered and the other students in the compound were taken as slaves. I was spared because I was not expected to be there. There was no reason to stay alone with the dead.

I am one of the Faithful. I have always been one of the faithful. There has never been a change in that.

I am most often a missionary. If I am unable to convert those that I am requested to convert, I send them to The Father to meet him personally to explain their refusal. They have no need of any of their valuables in The Father's realm. I also have begun to do some woodworking. It is a skill the monks that raised me valued, especially the beauty to be found in simple clean lines. I suppose it is something that I also value.

I meditate. I pratice Katas. I kill.

If the Father requests your conversion or death, so be it.

My life is The Father's, at whatever time he decides it is needed my death is assured.

14. What frightens you?

Grimgar's brine pot.

An old journal that was once a Transcedant's before the Age of Turmoil.

16. Who have you loved?

No one. I once thought there was someone I might be able to love, but nothing ever came of it. I am no sure even if the opportunity had presented that I would have given myself over to it anyway.

17. What are your goals?

To be a faithful servant of The Father for all my days.

Where I am today, but with the faithful stronger and the Father's Will being more fully realized across Norrath.

Meditate. Practice my Katas. *smirks* Kill.

I would not know. I suppose most find me detached and aloof.

I have no idea what a good marriage would be other then one sanctioned by The Father that strengthens both members in faith. I expect no such thing in my lifetime.

There is no personal life. My life is The Fathers.

Again, my life is The Fathers I have no personal life.

I spend my days close enough to the only people that I admire to such a degree. I am content enough that I am able to spend what time I may in their order serving The Father. I have no need or desire for any other.

My parents are Teir'dal. I hope that they were of the faithful. If they were, then yes. If they were not, then I would have been more then happy to extend them the invitation to explain that to the Father as I am to any other of his children who refuse his Will.

*raises her eyebrow* Have you been listening?

No. I spend no time on such useless thoughts.

*eyebrows furrow in anger* Having all of my teachers slaughtered. I learned purpose.

I have none. I do however spend a lot of time with a troll. *grins* He has a wonderful brine pot. You should come see it.

*shrugs* Nothing I have done is worse then what awaits those who defy the Father's Will.

Faithful Daughter of The Father

*shrugs*

You already asked that question. I'll be more the willing to show you Grimgar's brine pot however if you have this much interest in it.

Purpose is the most import thing in my life. I value that above all else.

I am driven. That answers both questions.

I am content with my life. Change will come as the Father see fit.

If I am lying to myself, why would I tell you?
Last edited by Jystana on 02/03/09, edited 4 times in total.

Sinann
Visitor

Post by Sinann » 03/06/07

Sinann Bridgit Cionaoith

2. Where were you born?

A little island not far from Faydwer

My family? Obsessed. Well, my Da at least. I had a brother named Larkin, an maybe he would have been obsessed too, but he didn't have half a chance to. Died young, like most do in our line.

Peaceful til Larkin passed. Like, no one talked to me or concerned themselves none. Da were busy trainin the favored son an I were left alone. When Larkin died that all changed an then I were center of attention, may the Gods help me.

Education? I can read an write, like most I know...an I can carve a stake, fight, dust a vamp, sneak up on most kinds of stuff. Y'know, the usual. Me Da were my only role model really. Other hunters...they can be a scary sort, y'know.

Outside? If it didn't have to do with destroyin vampires, Da had little time for it. He taught me a bit bout demons an werewolves an such, an told me to steer clear of them Inny people, they ain't right in the head sometimes.

Myself. What's right, mainly. Protectin folks. Fightin for what's good, cause if everyone thinks someone else'll fight, ends up no one will. An on that day, the world will be a sorry place.

Don't know much bout havin a home; we moved around so much. I'd like to find one now, put down roots. Have somewhere to come where folks know me, an maybe will notice when I pass.

Position in society? Ain't sure I really have one. Sorta always on the outskirts of any place an community we may visit.

Make money... that be a tough one. Sometimes when I help folk, they give me coin in thanks. Sometimes I do tasks for folk, take jobs to keep coin in my pocket an food on the table. Other'n when somethin rips or breaks or I outgrow it, not so worried. I can usually get by.

I whittle. As in wood. Course, I don't got an artisitc bone in my body, so I just make stakes. For workin. Guess that's not much of a hobby. I like talkin to folk an readin lots too. Relaxin is easy. Hot drink, nice warm fire an good comp'ny is all I need.

Depends on what I'm killin. Vampires? Guess most any circumstance. People? Only if they be evil...tryin to kill me or someone else, like as not. I aim to protect folk, not kill em.

To protect the innocent. Children most of all, though, gods willin, I can find a way to save both them an me...I ain't exactly in a hurry to meet my makers.

14. What frightens you?

To be honest? Most things do. I'm a coward, an I know it. Gods know, me Da spent enough time lamenting about his spineless daughter, how I were scared of everything: the things I hunt, knowin I may be next if I ain't fast enough or smart enough. Things that go bump in the night, I guess, like most folk. I just know I can't let it change what I do.

*her hand goes to a pendant hanging inside the neckline of her shirt* Me talisman. I protect folk, an this protects me, gods willin.

16. Who have you loved?

Loved? Me Da, I guess. An Larkin, me brother. I loved him dearly.

17. What are your goals?

Goals? To keep doin what I do, I guess. An maybe to...find a home, a place to belong when I ain't.

I guess still wanderin, or in my grave. Life expectancy for a hunter ain't always all that long. Used to dream of kids, but ain't bringin another soul into this business, not after losin Da an Larkin.

Ohhh..take a long hot bath. It's sick I am of cold streams or small washbasins to clean up in. Then I'd curl up by a fire with a good book, or maybe some folk to talk to an something steamin hot to drink. That's a perfect day.

Impression? Ordinary, I guess. Unless they know I'm a hunter, then it's fear. Too many hunters, they forget they be protectin folk an just start doin whatever they can to get the kill, not carin of the folk they hurt to get it. Once folk get to know me, I hope they realize I ain't like that. I ain't nothin but an ordinary girl saddled with a family tradition, y'know.

A good marriage. Ain't sure I know what one would be, good or bad. I'd think it would be two folk workin together to take care of each other, lovin each other. Maybe bringin up kids, fat an happy an safe, not a worry about what happens when it gets dark. Leastwise I hope that's it, seems like a good thing to fight for.

I won't see that myself, though. None of my line ever has.

I don't really have a personal life outside of hunting. Me Da never allowed it, it was who we were, what we did, what we slept, ate an breathed. I'm proud of the folk I've helped, leastwise.

The folk I've failed...me Da most of all. I couldn't save him.

Me Ma, don't know her really. Da took us away when we were small an she said good riddance. She didn't like the fear an danger, I don't think. Da, he were always disappointed, up til he died, but I hope in the end, I proved myself to him.

The gods always be watchin an waitin, even when they were silent. I believe that when I die, the Tribunal will judge me, but other'n that, I don't follow any one deity.

Fall in love. But if I think on that, I won't be able to do what I must. My life is full in many ways an I have to dwell on that instead.

*touches a thick leather choker that obscures most of her neck* Me Da, he weren't fast enough one night. We found him, dead from his wounds an they buried him. But I knew... I knew he weren't gone. I told the townsfolk an they laughed at me, told me he were dead. So I went to the little graveyard an I waited that night. Alone. An I

Emeraven
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Emeraven » 03/12/07

Most know me as Emeraven Stormrose, I tell them to call me Eme. Those are my alis, I was born Aurum Penna Immortalis.

2. Where were you born?

Near Highbourne

WEIRD, I dont know what else to say, such a mix of ancient power and odd blood, even though I dont know them well, I love them.. I have a half sister, that I know of..

A struggle between my father wanting to train me to be a diplomat and my own nature wanting to go climb trees, or rocks, or.. there was that cliff...

Euridan teachers mostly. A Ranger from Surefell changed my life, I own him everything.

We would often have diplomates from other races and ways of life at the house. We always heard about outside events, with both our fathers involved as they were.

You, next question.

Our parents went missing and we feared for our lives.

Now, Im really not sure. In the past it has been everything from war general to wise old woman.

I poke things till they give me money or they drop something I can sell. I do it a lot. Mostly the Rangers of Surefell, but Im self taught.

I work my wood, I like making shapes. Other than that, I like to explore, it relaxes me.

You hurt me or anyone I care about, or you just look easy prey -smiles-

Just one woman

14. What frightens you?

Ending up alone

I have a shard of luclin around my neck, it never leaves me, even if you cant see it. It is not what it is, but who gave it to me.

16. Who have you loved?

I have loved three woman, I hope this will be my last

17. What are your goals?

Not sure, I never make plans, I have a few things I want.

Hopefully a mother.

Grab my love, take her out and run with the wolves.

Prolly a silly girl, or a know it all. I surprize them, they often look up to me.

Marriage, not sure, Ive been married three times, and I think having a idea before hand spoils the suprize. I dont know if it will happen again.

Opening up to someone fully, being surprized and happy.

Almost loosing that someone, just because I wasnt the big fish in the pound anymore.

My Mother

Gods, what a question, I think they have been shaping me since the day I was born, I suspect they got a few surprizes, but they also know me well.

To believe in something is to give it power, so I just know the gods, far safer.

Become a goddess, the world would end..

I lost my faith, and learned that no cursades are worth it.

Shes a half crazed, scarf weilding assasin come barmaid, I love her so much -grin-

Oh no, not again.

If I knew that, I wouldnt have spent all that time looking for her. Silly to have ideals you just dont konw yourself that well.

Didnt we just talk about that?

Last edited by Emeraven on 03/21/07, edited 5 times in total.

Desideria
Patron
Patron

Post by Desideria » 03/13/07

The subject of true names is a matter for philosophers. The masses here know me as Desideri or any variation thereof; In my previous home it was Caprice but apparently someone's already got that name here and Freeport dislikes repetition.

2. Where were you born?Can I get away with saying \"not here\"? No? Let's just say I was born somewhere you will never reach by boat and leave it at that.

3. What is your family like? Did you have any siblings? Power mad, vicious and exceptionally self centered. I have an Uncle who was key in sending me to this place and I hope he lives in excruciating pain and humiliation for the rest of his days, and I have a sister by the name of Lux that I doubt I'll ever see again. Shame really, she at least was tolerable.

4. What was your childhood like? Where I'm from, you are born clawing your way up and out to survive. There is no love, only desire. No praise, only mockery. The strong survive and live and the weak are eaten alive, sometimes literally. So...yes, my childhood was not sunshine and butterflies.

5. What sort of education did you recieve? Were there significant role models? I learned by example both good and bad til I was of age to begin training for my role in life. My...family...were what you'd consider slaves, indentured servants to be called upon for any and all reasons. My first Master was an elderly wizard who was uncharacteristically interested in educating me, and it was he who taught me language, writing, and most of my civil manners. He is also the only wizard I've ever trusted.

6. What sort of exposure did you have to outside events? Other races? Other cultures? Other religions? Growing up, the people I'd see from other places were generally what you'd consider prisoners of war. It's rather hard to get a feel for someone's ways if all they're doing is begging for mercy. With my Wizard, he at least was influental enough to have aquaintences of all sorts, and that rather helped form me into something more refined than shit. As an adult, I've been a wanderer, with all the exposure that entails.

7. What do you believe in? That nothing is forever and love is it's own punishment.

8. Why did you leave home - or why do you stay? I left the place I was born because my Uncle threw me out for my radical and heretic beliefs. I left the lands to come here because he used his power to throw me out of his own damned realm of influence, the bastard. I'm not here by choice in any way, and I resent being here.

9. What is your position in society? Has this changed over your lifetime?Right now? I'm nothing. A faceless minion of nothing. I have been everything from slave to pet to damn near a guardian goddess, minor but with power...now I'm just as mewling as most of those sods you see cluttering up the streets but this will change in time.

10. How do you make money? What sort of skills do you have? Who taught them to you? I have a private broker who sells my finds in my travels as well as what jewellery or runes I make then funnels the money back to me minus her own cut. Skills? No lady ever tells all. As for who taught me? Heh...life, sugar, life.

11.What do you do to relax? What hobbies do you have?I enjoy people watching and taunting impossible targets. Which reminds me, I wonder where Averaen has got to...

12. Under what circumstances would you kill?Death. It's a part of life is it not? Anyone who tells you they would never kill another person is lying. We all do what we must to survive.

13. What would you die for? Nothing here. I don't know if I'd die for anything, really. It takes more balls to live for something. Or someone.

14. What frightens you? Next question, and don't give me that look or I'll have to forget I'm civilised for a moment.

15. What is your most prized possession? They ~were~ my daggers. Unfortunately when I arrived here, they did not, and I've no way to get a new pair. Now? Nothing tangible, I suppose. Does tenacity count?

16. Who have you loved?The wizard, my spellja-- ship captain, and the only man to ever want me so badly he gave up everything for me. Everything. Oh leave me the fuck alone!

17. What are your goals?Not telling, next.

18. Where do you see yourself in the future? Still chipping out a place in this land and wondering why in the hells I even try.

19. If you had a free day with no responsibilities and your only mission was to enjoy yourself, what would you do? See, this is every day if I want it to be. I'd rather have a day where my actions would have no dire consequences. Then I'd wreak all sorts of havoc.

20. What impression do you make on people when they first meet you? How about after they've known you for a while? I imagine they think I'm a slut who's out for nothing but drink, a crass laugh and a fuck. I hope they do, actually. After a while? I don't know, the ones who've gotten that far aren't here to ask now, are they?

21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that'll happen inyour life? No. Just...no.

22. What are you most proud of about your personal life? That I haven't given up and turned into a hand wringing, wailing maiden.

23. What are you most ashamed of in your personal life? Fuck off.

24. If you could spend the day with someone you admire (living or dead or imaginary), who would you pick? Tough question. No one you know. What the hells...a bard called Fender and his..assistant Alias. Things change, not a damn thing you can do about it, and they are the embodiment of that, so...they are the ones I'd like to spend a day with.

25. Do you think you've turned out the way your parents expected?I know I didn't. I'm a disappointment to them and I'm proud of that.

26. What do you believe about gods? They are spoiled children and their people are the toys.

27. Is there anything you've always wanted to do but haven't done? What would happen if you did it? I'm not answering that! If my life were how I wanted it, it would require an act of the universe itself to allow me to KEEP it. I'm not special enough to warrant that big of a miracle, and if it DID happen, I'd forever be driving myself mad trying to figure out why. So it's really a moot point.

28. What's the worst thing that's happened in your life? What did you learn from it? I was torn from my life and sent here. I learned fate has a really sick sense of humor.

29. Tell me about your best friend. I have no friends.

30. What's the worst thing you've ever done to someone? Why? I lied to a true knight. I was too proud to admit the truth to him, now I never can.

31. What would you like it to say on your tombstone? Who the hell was she?!

32. Describe your ideal mate. All I could give would be superficial and probably erroneous wants. I don't know who's perfect for ~me~.

33. What are you most afraid of? Finding the answer to #32.

34. What's the most important thing in your life? What do you value most? Surviving des

Elloria
Visitor

Post by Elloria » 03/20/07

My full name is Elloria Greenthorn, though you can call me Lorie for short. I don't have an alias, never had a reason to develop one.

2. Where were you born?

I was born in Kelethin, where I was raised until I was a young elven girl. That's about when the war started, and after my father perished in the war, we moved to Qeynos. Too many bad memories there.

Well, that depends on the timeframe, you see. Things were a lot different before the war. Now, I guess you could say my family's haunted. I do have a brother, his name is Jendan. He's an archer for the Qeynos Guard.

Very good, for the most part. I miss that a lot, now that I know how different things would have been for all of us had certain events not played true.

I had rudementary education in Kelethin, though I was far too young by the time we moved to take up any serious kind of learning. I knew what most children did back then; basic survival skills, a few incantations, the pattern of the forest floor. When we moved to Qeynos, I became a headmistress for a few households near our small rented suites in Willow Wood, at the urging of my mother. Luckily, that doesn't require much beyond social skills and organizing. Recently though, I've tired of that life and moved on, recently becoming a monk in training. That requires a lot more skill than I would have imagined, but luckily I have a knack for it. No role models yet, though. We'll have to see.

I witnesses the fires and the acrid smell of dead flesh in Kelethin, but I left at too young an age to remember much of the war. My mother, however, remembers everything. She hates tier'dal with a passion bordering on the fanatical, though oddly enough I've not held the same passionate distaste as she does, much to her dismay. I've learned through observation to hold judgement until all the cards are laid out on the table.

Tunare, that people are generally good beneath it all. I know I speak with a sense of naievity, but then I've never been much outside of Qeynos since I was a little girl. I'm sure there is evil out there, but I like to think that in the end, good will prevail. Perhaps I'm secretly a worshipper of Quellious, who knows?

The war was encroaching into our homes and society, and we had kin in Qeynos. After my father, our protector died, we saw little choice. Jendan, my brother, was still young as well. My mother felt she di not have much choice. I have to wonder what would have happened had we stayed, though. So much has changed after all these years have passed. I'm not brave enough yet to see my homeland. Cowardly, maybe, but I'm not ready to tear open that wound just yet.

I am now in training to be a monk, and if offered, I will work myself into the service of the Queen. I wasn't happy organizing tea parties, I wanted my life to make some difference in the world. My mother is not pleased, saying I could end up like my father, but I can't live in a shadow of fear all the time.

I run errands for the older kinsman in Willow Wood, and I'm an amature carpenter. I don't need much, and the small tasks keep me fed and clothed.

I make furniture. There's something immensly satisfying about creating something beautiful with your hands.

While I'm generally not prone to such things, I do believe in an eye for an eye. Hurt me, and I'll hurt you right back.

Those I love, without question. Loyalty runs bone deep in my family, something that makes me proud.

14. What frightens you?

Loosing control, of anything. I would hate to be blind, as that personifies the fear I have at having to depend on someone else.

Honestly, my judgement and memories. I'm not much on material possessions.

16. Who have you loved? '

My family, deeply. My father, may he rest in peace.

17. What are your goals?

To do something successful, challenging, and worthwhile with my life.

Hopefully I'll have a family, and a position in society that allows me to benefit the progression of what I think should be right in the world.

I would make furniture. It really does soothe me.

I'm generally a very pleasant person, who likes to talk perhaps a bit too much, as I am sure you are aware of at this point. Though, generally I guard myself well, even with my outwardness. In a lot of ways, I'm a very private person.

Respect, mutual love, someone who is a companion you can enjoy and be yourself around. Yes, I'd lik to think it will.

That I have no regrets.

My mother, bless her soul. She never has been the same since the war, and while I cannot blame her for that, I cannot help but hate it as well.

My father.

I'd like to think so.

I believe they're in everything, and we are reminded every day for what they have given us. Many speak of them as having vanished, but I know different. I like to make my creator proud for having breathed life into my race. Just because you don't see them doesn't mean they're not watching you.

Explore outside the city, have a little bit of adventure in my life.

Luckily, I can't say I've experienced such a thing yet.

Her name is Shelly and she's a pie seller in the Baubbleshire. She's an amazingly cherful woman, and despite her simple views, you can tell she has a keen wit.

I've yelled at my mother for her illogical motives. Sometimes, I wish she could see the things she does.

31. What would you l

Astald
Regular
Regular

Post by Astald » 03/21/07

Astald El'Norn. I've been called Sir Astald or Sir Knight but to be honest i dislike it. I feel like those addressed by such titles are great people, heroes of the past, like Sir Aradune of Knights of Thunder. I dont feel i compare.

2. Where were you born? A small farm outside of Felewithe

We were poor. I dont belive my parrents ever had any other children, though i suppose ic an't be sure anymore.

4. What was your childhood like? Hard. Mother and father worked hard to put food on the table but if it were not for the help of the church on many an occasion i dont belive we would have eaten as much.

5. What sort of education did you recieve? Were there significant role models? When i was a child my parrents entered me into the service of Lord Marr, as a way to get me an education and a life where i did not have to worry about food or money. I think it was supposed to be a 'Final gift' from them. I was educated by some of the best priests in his service.

6. What sort of exposure did you have to outside events? Other races? Other cultures? Other religions? While i read and studied each of these subjects i did not have much dirrect exposure to them. I understand, speak and write most languages of the currently known world, but i have never actualy spoken most of them with their own races.

7. What do you believe in? Love, Valor, Honor and Purity of heart. Lord Tarrew Marr, Lord Mithanael Marr and Lady Erollisi Marr.

8. Why did you leave home - or why do you stay? The Shattering destroyed the monistary i was living and training at, and killed many of its occupents.

9. What is your position in society? Has this changed over your lifetime? I am a simple smith and a knight.. i dont belive i'd like that to change. I dont have dreams of grandure, no wish to be a king or lord.

10. How do you make money? What sort of skills do you have? Who taught them to you? Learning the basics of each trade was tought to all the students of the monistary, after leaving i decided to focus on blacksmithing. I'm a fair hand as a tailor and a good weaponsmith, but armoring seems to be my specialty.

Smithing relaxes me. I occasionally visit the raven.. and i enjoy helping people where i can. It feels good to improve someone elses situation with alittle hard work.

12. Under what circumstances would you kill? To save another life. I do not enjoy killing but i will raise my sword for another.

13. What would you die for? I am prepared to lay down my life for what i belive in, for my loved ones, and for the safty of others.

14. What frightens you? I sometimes get angry at how parts of my life are turning out.. i feel hatred boil up inside me, i feel the need to shout curses to my own gods, and it scares me to my roots.

15. What is your most prized possession? My armor. Its a sin i know, to value possession and take so much pride in something i created, but i can't help it.

16. Who have you loved? Sara... and.. i think i've.. met someone..

17. What are your goals? I have three. Marrage. Children, and a wish to open a public house.. A place where those who have no home can go to rest in peace and get a real meal.

18. Where do you see yourself in the future? Working hard at my goals.

19. If you had a free day with no responsibilities and your only mission was to enjoy yourself, what would you do? Create as many suits of armor as i could!

20. What impression do you make on people when they first meet you? How about after they've known you for a while? I would like to think i'm considered a fair and good man, both at first meeting and after some time, but who can truely say how others feel about them?

21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that'll happen inyour life? Love, Trust and a wish to grow together. I pray every day that i'm blessed with that.

22. What are you most proud of about your personal life? Being able to say that i have not refused to help someone in need.

23. What are you most ashamed of in your personal life? Those darker feelings that sometimes build in me.. The day Sara left, when i actualy threw an accusation and question at my goddess.

24. If you could spend the day with someone you admire (living or dead or imaginary), who would you pick? I would love to see my parrents again.

I do hope so, i would like to think they would be proud of me.

26. What do you believe about gods? Everyones religion is their own personal choice and i do not feel that any one religion is \"wrong.\" I dont have the right to look at a divine being and tell them their wrong and i'm right. The world works because it is ballanced, there is no Honor without Shame, no healing without disease, no love without hate.

27. Is there anything you've always wanted to do but haven't done? What would happen if you did it? I think if i opened up a public house i would help to ease some off the stress to refuges that the shattering and various wars have caused.

28. What's the worst thing that's happened in your life? What did you learn from it? I would rather not answer these questions any more, i feel keep my saddness private.

29. Tell me about your best friend. I.. can't say.. that i have one... Oh my, i didn't realise that...

30. What's the worst thing you've ever done to someone? Why? I have killed people, mostly because they were doing things that needed to be stopped, but no matter what the reason, killing someone is always a bad thing.

31. What would you like it to say on your tombstone? That i lived with Honor and Valor, that i loved.

32. Describe your ideal mate. Loving, kind and funny. Someone who does not mind giving of herself to help others.

33. What are you most afraid of? Losing loved ones.

34. What's the most important thing in your life? What do you value most? My code.

35. What do you like best about yourself? Least? Physical? I like the color of my eyes, i dislike the burnmarks on my hands.

36. How do you feel about your life right now? What, if anything, would you like to change? My life is going well, i think perhaps i'm alittle embaressed about not being able to answer the friends question.. i should work on that.

37. Are you lying to yourself about something? What is it? I... dont know?

Marii
Visitor

Post by Marii » 03/21/07

Marii Winterbourne; most call me Marii, the first thing a novice loses is the right to use a surname.

2. Where were you born?
Qeynos

My family was very involved in the fight against the Plaguebringer. They had me, but did not want any more children to distract them from their calling. My father was a paladin and my mother a battle-priestess--they were killed by the Bloodsabers when I was still young.

My childhood was peaceful. I was left mostly on my own with my nanny until my parents were killed when I was nine years old, then I ended up under the protection of their religious Order. Our house and possessions were sold as a donation to the church for caring for me. Instead of toys I was given textbooks and my pretty clothes were replaced by somber dresses for mourning. They sent my nanny away then and my care was handled by the nuns and priestesses.

I received lessons in the teachings of Rodcet Nife and in the ways of healing, as well as in the history of Norrath. They also taught me about the evil Bertoxxulous and how we must strive to prevent him from spreading disease and decay over our world. In addition, sums, sewing, scribing and cooking as befits a proper young lady.

Until I...left the Order? Very little. I was allowed to walk about Qeynos with an escort. My caretakers felt it best not to teach me about other religions as it was my parents' wish that I be raised to follow the Prime Healer, and I've only recently seen my first dark elf and my first ogre. It's not easy to pretend that you are not startled at their appearance, but I had at least had those races described to me. My teachers taught if I saw one of those races hurt or injured that I should let them be and only take care of those who followed the correct path. That is the first thing I disagreed with them on. Should I see anyone injured, no matter who, no matter their race or sin, I must aid them. It is in my heart.

I believe in Rodcet Nife, the Prime Healer. I believe that we are all the children of Norrath no matter what we do and who we worship--or don't worship. I believe that all lives hold value and should be saved. I believe the fight against violence, death and decay will not be won with more violence, but with love and understanding.

There was an...incident at the Celestial Watch, when I first went there from the Order. They said my teachers at the Order had warned them about me. I was required to leave and not return until I had properly paid for my transgressions. When that will be, I am not sure. The Order has said that they would take me back and that I should have never left in the first place, but the Celestial Watch is the only place where I can continue my learning--and it allows more freedom for me to minister to the people than does the Order.

Well, I used to be a young lady of society, I suppose, though I was too young to appreciate that. When my parents died, their wealth went to the Order that took care of me in a trust. When I was asked to leave, the money stayed with them, so now I suppose I am penniless. Somehow it doesn't really matter as long as I have a roof over my head, basic clothing to wear and food to eat.

Money? Right now I work for Milady Duvessa, at the Raven-Mythic Inn. I am a serving girl there, and healer when needed. As for skills, I have what the Order taught me. Healing, sums, sewing, scribing, and cooking.

I don't really have any. When I was not busy with work or studies they gave me at the Order, I was required to kneel and pray in my room. I suppose it's a habit now.

None, I would hope. All life is precious.

To save another life.

14. What frightens you?
Too much. Speaking with people, shaming myself, hurting another, being hurt, violence. Letting my God down. Failing. It all frightens me. I'm afraid I'm the worst sort of coward.

I have learned not to value possessions. I own very little now. A few serviceable brown dresses and several headscarves, my unmentionables, shoes and an old cloak. I used to have a storybook I valued greatly, but the Order took it away. They said it filled my head with nonsense and I needed to study.

16. Who have you loved?
My parents, though I spent very little time with them. Nanny Benson--she used to hug me, read me stories and tuck me in at night. She is what I think a mother should be. All of Norrath, because all of our lives are precious.

17. What are your goals?
To do my best to take care of Norrath's children--that is, all life.

Doing what I am now, I suppose. Perhaps not the serving part, but healing and comforting others, definitely.

I... I'm really not sure.

I'm not sure. I know I am not good with people. The Order has known me the longest and they believe I am wicked, selfish and headstrong. They used to tell me that daily, and I suppose they would know best.

A good marriage? I suppose a loving partnership, but I wouldn't know. I think my parents had a good marriage, but I was not around them much. The Order felt that my dowry and I were best served by remaining with the Church, so I am a celibate priestess and will not marry. They said if I do get married, my husband could force me to stop helping people and take money from the Church so that its ministries would have to stop, and I can't allow that.

There is nothing for me to be proud of, I simply do as I must.

I'd...rather not speak on that.

I would like to spend the day with my Lord, the Prime Healer.

I am not sure, probably not. I am not willing to fight the way they were; rather, I regard all life as precious. They would likely have been disappointed in me and in my choosing to leave the Order to try to learn from the Celestial Watch, as the Order only follows Rodcet and the Watch encompasses all of the pantheon.

I beli

DeFafnyr
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by DeFafnyr » 04/07/07

1. What is your name? What do people call you? Have you ever gone under an alias? I am Danzryil Tr'Gallas deFafnyr. My nickname is Danz.

2. Where were you born? I was born at home, at the deFafnyr Manor in the deFafnyr Vineyard estates, which is centuries old. It lies in a hidden valley in Thundering Steppes.

3. What is your family like? Did you have any siblings? I have no siblings that I know of. Mother always considered children \"terrors.\" I imagine I was only allowed to be created to give the family an heir. My mother, Amulette, had no other children, at least I don't think she did. As for my father...who knows what was in his past.

4. What was your childhood like? I wanted for nothing, being the only heir of the deFafnyr Winery and Spirits. Our land bears vineyards that date back to before the cataclysms, to a time when Norrath was whole and Luclin rose full in the sky.

5. What sort of education did you recieve? Were there significant role models? I had good teachers, learned almost every language there is. My mother was illiterate and taught herself to read, and so it was very important to her that I received an education.

6. What sort of exposure did you have to outside events? Other races? Other cultures? Other religions? I traveled with my parents on business and was exposed to many races and their cultures. Myself, I am feir'dal and human on my mother's side, and teir'dal and human on my father's side. My mother is a follower of Innoruuk. My father is an atheist I suppose.

7. What do you believe in? As far as which god? Tunare. I figure whenever I'm in a situation where I'm going to die, my \"Oh Shit\" prayer should be to the one that can suddenly heal me in a pinch. I'm a bit practical that way. And she is the goddess of growth, one of the two major forces that bind all life, those being growth and decay, order and chaos, positive forces and negative forces. There is a balance where they are both required for everything to exist. I try to channel that force in my meditations, try to find the balance within myself.

8. Why did you leave home - or why do you stay? My parents journey and our family business mostly runs itself now with very capable managers and overseers. This leaves me free to leave the shelter of our hidden valley to strike out on my own. The managers send me ledgers to approve of and other assorted paperwork while my parents are away, but otherwise I am mostly free to train in my path as a Monk.

9. What is your position in society? Has this changed over your lifetime? I am the daughter of a land baroness and grandaughter of Baron Janthin deFafnyr. I sign and oversee for my mother during her absence and will eventually inherit our lands.

10. How do you make money? What sort of skills do you have? Who taught them to you? My personal spending money, I like to gather and collect things, I sell them at auction. I bottle special bottles of wine and sell on auction. This is a hobby that supplements what the vineyards bring. I am considering adding a new product to the vineyards, but it is still in the planning stages. I want to research it more before implementing it.

11.What do you do to relax? What hobbies do you have? I like to cook, enjoy a good bottle of wine. I meditate.

12. Under what circumstances would you kill? Sometimes killing is necessary, it is a fact of life in our times with so much injustice about. I find that good and evil are very much a matter of perspective and I try to make sure I see both sides of a plant before I judge it a rose of beauty or a weed that must be destroyed.

13. What would you die for? A very difficult question. I would like to say I would die for worthy and just causes, but in honesty, I have a strong sense of self preservation. Should I sacrifice myself in a moment of heroic justice, or would it not be better to save my neck so that I can repay the debt of life twice the next time?

14. What frightens you? Oh good gawd, it's birds. Give me spiders and snakes anytime, but I do not like birds flitting about my head, poking at my eyes.

15. What is your most prized possession? It is a great, large mirror. Simply a mirror, and that's all I will say of it. Some things are best not to boast about or it only invites trouble and those who would covet what you have.

16. Who have you loved? My parents, certainly. Of lovers, I have had none. If your father was Artigan Tr'Gallas, would you be allowed to date? Maybe now that he and mother are...abroad...traveling, perhaps I may find someone. Who knows?

17. What are your goals? To spend time learning who I am underneath all the deFafnyr gilting.

18. Where do you see yourself in the future? I've really, really no idea at all.

19. If you had a free day with no responsibilities and your only mission was to enjoy yourself, what would you do? *laughs* That is what I do everyday since moving into Kelethin. I spend everyday doing whatever I want. It's rather lovely.

20. What impression do you make on people when they first meet you? How about after they've known you for a while? *shakes her head* Of that I've no idea. What impression am I making on you?

21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that'll happen in your life? I'd like a marriage like my parents. Mother always said, \"An angel in the kitchen, a slut in the bedroom.\" Oh, I'm sorry. Did I embarrass...it's just, well you'd have to know my mother. *chuckles softly*

22. What are you most proud of about your life? I've nothing really to be proud of yet, I've done so little. I hope to have something to be proud of in the future.

23. What are you most ashamed of in your life? Nothing as of yet. Even embarrasing moments have things to learn from them.

24. If you could spend the day with someone you admire (living or dead or imaginary), who would you pick? Hmm, that would be my ancestress, Danyxa. Of my family history, she is my favorite. Danyxa was actually a slave that was purchased by Baron Janthin, the first. Baron Chathwund. He owned her life but then she possessed his heart. It is said that their love is eternal. I would like a love like that someday.

25. Do you think you've turned out the way your parents expected? *laughs* My father I think would say yes, but my mother would say no. First, of course, she expected her child to be a \"terror\" and yet she succumbed and found she loved her child, me. Secondly, I do not follow her to the altar of Innoruuk. She thinks my following of Tunare is just a rebellious phase I'm going through.

26. What do you believe about the Gods? *looks thoughtful then shakes her head, coppery blonde curls bouncing* What is between my god and me is private. And besides, if this is a public interview, it would be bad for business if I started spouting religion or politics. I do have the winery to think of. *bites her lip*

27. Is there anything you've always wanted to do but haven't done? What would happen if you did it? Someday I want to see the Estate of Unrest. Our family journals always speak of that place. It was a favorite if my ancestress Danyxa's. In fact, the journal of my oldest known ancestress, Eisabeau Willows, writ

Shtoonae
Visitor

Post by Shtoonae » 04/10/07

My used names are Shtoonae T'larl Anammi Starfall, or just Shtoonae. People in the Reclamation project call me Lady Shtoonae and some day I hope to make that title real. ::she hesitates:: What is an alias?

2. Where were you born?
Greater Faydark

I grew up, in a way, in a small settlement where everyone was family to everyone else and most strived to get along. There were three others I lived with who treated me as a younger sister, or as their child.

Life was good then. There were many games to learn and even more Fae to play them with. The food was good and enough fizzlepop to make a boat float and a party was started for almost everything. I could have lived there forever, but Tunare had other things in mind.

Home schooling at first, then sent to find a scholar willing to share some books and answer my many questions. Some held open lessons where anyone interested could listen as they read from their books like a bedtime story, then answer questions for as long as they wanted.

Stories, mostly. A few memories from past lives war and peace and strange creatures living together. There were many small, and not so small, conflicts stemmed from misdirected jokes as much as differing religions and upbringing.

I believe in living as one as best we can, and of protecting the land's beauty for those not yet with us.

I left because it was destroyed.

I am a wanderer, an adventurer, and I probably will always be one. In past lives I have been one as well, though also dabbled in other things for short periods of time.

Usually I just find books and sell them on the market. As far as skills go I enjoy cooking and building. Most of what I learned came from crafting instructors as well as books.

Well, either I read or watch the sky or jump from high places. Whatever my free spirit guides me to do. Other than that I collect art and books and other things for my house.

I would kill to defend my self, my home, my friends, and for the preservation of nature.

I should hope I'd never be in such a position; but if things only go from bad to worse, I would give up my life so that those I care for may get away.

14. What frightens you?
Lack of caring. If everyone were to stop caring about things, and for one another, the world would become a very boring and lonely place.

::She opens and closes her mouth a few times:: I don't know.

16. Who have you loved?
Well that depends on what kind of love you speak of. Love for friends or family? More than two dozen in this life alone. This si truly the strangest question anyone's asked.

17. What are your goals?
Right now my goals are to make my home a safer place for treant and fae alike.

In the near future? Still in Faydark. Beyond that? I do not know.

Maybe a good steam bath, drink as much fizzlepop as I can, and send feshly baked food to anyone who may want some.

::shrugs:: I don't usually ask how people think of me. Either they do, or they don't. They may think the same way after a while, or they may not. It's not like I can read minds, you know.

Marriage? What is that? Is that like an alias?

Hm... I can cook and build furniture pretty well?

::thinks for a while:: Another hard one. Can we talk about something easier?

::blinks:: Probably one of the Queens of past rings.She could tell me of how things are like, and I could tell her of how things will be.

I don't think Fae have parents like other races do, but if the people I lived with were still around I would hope they'd be proud.

They have reasons for doing what they do, including pulling away from us. Perhaps they left to see how we do on our own. Perhaps they left because thier children had forgotten their creators and decided to start again somewhere else. ::shrugs and smiles:: Or maybe they're just taking a nap.

I've always wanted to see that great smudge in the night sky a bit closer, but I can't fly that high. If I could get close enough to really see it I may not be able to come back, or I may not want to come back.

::She closes her wings and bows her head:: I'd rather not talk about it.

::Still sad:: He only ever talked a few days every month or so, and very slowly too. He never said his age, but he'd been where he'd always been since bevore the town's founding. He was the wisest of everyone and everything he said was interpreted differently by everyone which made him laugh at times of all the silly conclusions we came up with. ::sniffles:: I miss him.

I'd have to say slipping a slice of pie on their seat. ::giggles:

::blinks:: What is that?

::shakes her head:: You talk funny.

Making somebody sick with my cooking.

You asked me that already, didn't you?

I like that I try to be positive and nice to everyone, even if they don't want to be nice back. I guess the problem with that is I'm too nice and forgiving at times... I'll work on that if you want.

This life may never be as good as i

Ariakis
Patron
Patron

Post by Ariakis » 04/12/07

Ariakis T'koraxx, often simply as 'The Priest' and also on occasion as 'Applebearer' **he smiles then and reaches into his pack, taking a deep red apple and offering it to the interviewer** do have one my dear, you look like you need it.

2. Where were you born?
I was born in the Thundering Steppes in a ragtag refugee caravan, making it's way towards Antonica

**smirks** Firstly I have no siblings I am aware of. My family, a young teir'dal couple, were part of a breakaway movement of Tunarians, the entire sordid little colony of them made for Qeynos, the Qeynos Guard, upon discovering a group of teir'dal in the Antonican highlands, immediately ran them down and massacred the entire hapless band, you can appreciate the irony no doubt **chuckles then, like dirt falling onto a coffin**

**looks distant** I was the only survivor of the caravan, a tribe of nomadic kerra discovered me and took me in, for my first six years of life, I was raised by that people, they were good times and I knew what it was to have family amongst them. But the kerra had to trade with the villages and towns, each time I was discovered amongst them, the tribe were expelled, even attacked, eventually the tribal mothers decided I should be returned to my own kind. **he frowns then** Eventually they found the priest Tanzal N'Char, and I was passed into his care, to be raised in the ways of the Spires, in the Ways of Innoruuk, my childhood ended on that day and my duties began.

I was taught to hunt and run and track as a youngster amongst the kerra, I learnt much of how to understand the changes of the weather, foods to eat and game to chase. When I came into the service of N'Char, I learnt obedience, silence and the magnitude of the Will of Innoruuk. I learnt to Hate.

My time spent amongst the kerra has left a great sense of respect for that race ingrained with me, they are truly the noble savage and it would most certainly be pleasing to know them taken into the Unlight of His Will. I have have interests in many of the races I have come to know, only humans still fail to impress in any real way, I have known some outstanding individuals, but they simply highlight the inherent weakness of the majority of that short-lived, unlovely, graceless, simple-minded and unresilent species.

The manifest destiny of Innoruuk to rule and all to know His Truth.

I left the hovel of N'Char, deep in the Nektulos Forest and journeyed to Freeport after his death, seeking others of my kind, seeking new experience and seeking to fill others with the knowledge of The Prince of Hate.

I am first and foremost a Priest of Innoruuk, some in the community come to me for advice. I have served as ambassador to the Court of the Overlord on behalf of teir'dal Houses in the past, I now serve the Overlord's Court as ambassador to other lands, especially Maj'Dul, I believe it amuses Overlord D'Lere no end to send me to a city almost entirely populated with humans...and such a hot city...how they sweat in the festering sun...filthy, stinking.... ah, apologies, next question please **flashes his smile again**

Mother Church pays a reasonable amount towards my housing, The Overlord pays a generous amount to his ambassadors, in our wealth does Freeport show her power to the world. I am also free to persue independant adventures when time allows for the recreation.

Reading and deriving knowledge are always a passion, as an inquisitor it is also a great interest to perfect my questioning arts and a good deal of time is devoted to that, in both the application of the physical and psychological in order to obtain ones prize, whether confession or conversion. **pauses to sips his brandy and smiles, nodding to the interviewer to ask further**

Whenever I have exhausted any arguments for keeping the subject alive. Well, that or I'm really pissed off.

My God, My Bride, My Son

14. What frightens you?
The apathy and aquiesence of the Teir'dal people.

My Faith

16. Who have you loved?
I love my wife

17. What are your goals?
The elevation of some kind of drive amongst my people, I have no objection to our kind enjoying themselves with les... with other races, but only the other day I was joined at my table by a teir'dal woman who was married to a barbarian, it turns out this man is married to two daughters of Innoruuk, and then she fetched his drinks and smiled meekly whilst he pawed her and boasted to me of his conquests amongst my race's females. Even though he carried the mark of Innoruuk, the temptation to take his eyes from his gloating moronic face was overwhelming, greater still was the desire to eviscerate her for her meekness...

I wish to speak with others who are concerned with the continuing malaise of my race, I would see myself as part of the reunification of the teir'dal.

I would take my bride someplace and spend a full day together, when neither of us is called by temple or academy.

I am pleased to say I seem to make a different impression on many people. Some loathe me, others return to talk further. I do make an impression however which is better than none at all.

I am living it. I could ask for no more than has been provided, she was sculpted by Innoruuk himself and sent to me to instil in me awe and wonder for his creation. She is my reason and wellstream of all my dreams.

That this woman should still look upon me and chose me, that our son grows strong and noble, a guardian of the chosen of Innoruuk.

My inability to duel well, there have been many encounters when I have been bested due to my lack of matial prowess. That may change soon however... **smirks then**

I should like to speak to Nagafen, I would be interested to sit and speak with a creature who's plots and plans stretch millenia.

**laughs very loudly shaking his head**

26. What do you believe about gods?[/b:22bac8cfa

Averaen
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Averaen » 04/12/07

Averaen.... Why on earth would i need an alias? Goodness.

2. Where were you born?
The Demare easte.

Oh... I loved my mother. She was a wonderful priestess. I wish I could be as wise as she was.

I... like my father. Yes. I do.

Wonderful. Nothing wrong. Absolutely amazing. Yes.

Oh, my mother taught me all she knew before she passed on. And then when I was of age, I went to the temple to trian.

6. What sort of exposure did you have to outside events? Other races? Other cultures? Other religions? I had many books. Lovely books that never lied to me. Oh, they were a delight to read. I devoured all that I could.

Life, Peace, Faith.

Oh, who wants some declious cookies? I forgot to offer you some, didn't I?

I'm a priest. It has changed little really, in all save title.

10. How do you make money? What sort of skills do you have? Who taught them to you? Cookies! I'm a baker and confectioner of course. The money is enough to pay for my costs, pay for the infirmary, and leave a little extra to tithe.

I bake.

Goodness!! Never!

Life.

14. What frightens you?
Being unable to heal those who need me desperately.

My mother's music box.

16. Who have you loved?
Too few.

17. What are your goals?
To achieve transcendence, to heal those who need it, to inspire and protect others.

Helping.

Bake and care for others. It is a silly assumption to believe that what I do every day is something I dislike.

I hope they find me kind.

A loving union with few fights and kindness shown every day.... Are you sure you don't want a cookie? They're quite fresh.

Helping orphans.

Come now! Those cookies are delicious. Can't you smell them?

My mother, of course.

Really, I can't believe that you don't want a cookie.

They are all still listening. Some are now back in our world, showing us their love. Others shout down at us how much they care but wonder why we cannot hear.

Goodness, I don't know. Perhaps it would be fun to write a book.

Cookies!! Yes. You must have some of these cookies.

I, ah, well... I haven't got one, you see.

You really ought to try the cookies. They're so delicious, and chewey, and creamy.

He gave his life protecting those who could not protect themselves.

Loving, caring, charming. Someone who surprises me... Someone with whom I share a connection, I can talk to and can talk back.

Spiders.

Life itself.

I am kind... I suppose I need to act more and react less.

I enjoy my life right now.

Goodness, I think my cookies are done. Yes. Yes; I can hear them finishing. You must have one-- Really, you must.

Zorgin
Honored Patron
Honored Patron

Post by Zorgin » 04/27/07

OOC: I filled one of these out a while ago. Things have changed. Lesse how he responds to the same questions...

Zorgin shifts in his seat, puffing his brown hair away from his eyes and surveying the interviewer carefully.

My name? Zorgin Zalephres. That's Z-A-L-E-P-H-R-E-S. Got it down? Good. People call me a v'riety of differn't things. Z'll suit me just fine, thanks. I have gone under an alias, but tha thing is... If I do tell ya, it wouldn't be the most 'ffective Alias, now would it?

He chuckles happily and rolls his wrist, gesturing for the next question.

2. Where were you born?

Zorgin stares at the interviewer for a long moment, his gleaming eyes losing a bit of their luster.

...Not here. I was born on a differn't planet. A realm, or plane, or wha'ever ya wanna call it. I was sent 'ere by some...not-very-nice people.

Zorgin begins fiddling with a Gnomish contraption of peculiar design.

...I think tha's all ya needta know.

Zorgin quirks a brow.

Yer pickin' at awfully old scabs there, Bud. Heh. Aye, I got family. Only one is alive.

Bloody. I'm s'prised I am tha way I am.

Zorgin shifts his position in the chair and puts the Gnomish device away, looking up with renewed eagerness.

Continue.

I was self-taught what little I was educated. I learned most o' what I needed ta know by reading tha minds o' those 'round me. My grandad, Zenzei Zalephres, is my biggest Role Model.

He seems reminiscent, happy. He laces his fingers and listens eagerly with somewhat mischeivous eyes.

Zorgin smirks broadly.

I know yer Norrath inside an' out now. I spent a long time wanderin' and discoverin' everythin' there is ta know 'bout this place.

He smiles, giving the interviewer a thumbs-up.

That everyone deserves a chance to walk in the light.

Zorgin does not damper at this reminder of his past.

I had no choice. Wha' happened, happened. Nothin' I coulda done.

My family used ta be o' the highest nobility. Now I'm dirt, heh. Life changes. I don't pretend like its a bad thing, in fact, I'm glad I wasn't raised like those there hoighty toighty Koada'Dal.

I taught m'self everythin' I know. It makes ends meet, and I'm now wealthy 'nough ta buy a Manor. Heh. Life is good.

Zorgin shifts again and smirks.

Anything that makes a nuisance o' m'self. Like...uh. Ah, playin' with magnets near tha Qeynos Guards. Tha plate armor makes their life..er...unpleasant. Heh. I also like ta pants people.

Zorgin falls very still. He eyes the interviewer for a long time.

I would kill to defend anyone who could not defend themselves. I would kill anyone who would seek to crush Qeynos and the hope it provides, and I will kill Axxon of the Discipleship.

Qeynos, Hoshi, and Spindel's gang.

14. What frightens you?

Zorgin relaxes a bit.

Dragons. They scare tha HELL outta me. They are tha largest, mos' powerful things 'round.

My most prized possession isn't mine to call a \"possession\". It is a person, and her name is Hoshiko.

16. Who have you loved?

Zorgin just gives the interviewer a look until the next question is asked.

17. What are your goals?

Heh. My goals?

Zorgin brightens up and takes on a mature tone.

Ta better tha quality o' life on Norrath and ta end the feud of Qeynos and Freeport peacefully.

Accomplishing those goals.

I'd take Zaladin, Hoshi and tha brat out ta a picnic.

Zorgin takes a moment to roll the question over in his head.

Well. I rightly don't know. I guess people take me fer a right-out idiot, but I hope when they get ta know me more, they see somethin' else. Under tha surface.

Zorgin gives the Interviewer another look.

My wife. She's gone through a TON, and she's still a'kickin'.

Zorgin looks down.

Prob'ly Spindel. I always looked up ta him as though he were some amazin', untouchable, famous man who never has time fer tha lil' people. I wanna get ta know 'im better.

Aye. I firmly beleive I do.

They all exist. That's as far as I can say.

Zorgin laughs. He laughs hard and long for about 10 minutes.

That list is too long. They don't pay ya 'nough fer me ta list it. One main thing'd be to kick Lucan D'lere hard in the undead balls.

The Interviewer snerks quietly.

Then I'd prob'ly kill 'im. Heh.

Ya gotta drop that stuff, man. Its gettin' irritatin'.

Zorgin smiles.

Zaladin Shadeclaw, Rogue Shadowknight. He's whatcha call a \"prototype\". Ya know tha Sarnak, right? Zal was tha first one. He was their prototype breed, before they came out with those things they had a long time ago. Zal's immortal by Elven standards, so he's been with me ever since we met. Anyway, he used ta be nefarious fer his torture methods. I confronted an' bested 'im in battle, and taught him that fear isn't tha strongest force out there. He's followed me ever since
Last edited by Zorgin on 05/14/07, edited 1 time in total.

Chath
Resident
Resident

Post by Chath » 04/27/07

Chath Nar'Thex. Depending on the speaker, I can be called Lord Confessor, Lord Nar'Thex, Wraith, or a variety of unflattering names.

2. Where were you born?
Nektulos

Unmemorable. I am not close to my siblings. Some died, others survived despite my dearest wishes.

The upbringing you might expect of a Thexian in Nektulos until I began to hear the voices of the dead. Lived in a fugue state for a while when they were overwhelming. Shipped to the Dismal Rage at a young age to be trained. An unpleasant period.

The teachings of the Dismal Rage, which was of profoundly little interest to me, and the tutoring by long-deceased and highly untrustworthy ancestors.

All within Freeport.

Power.

I was disowned by a family that had no idea what to do with me and no interest to learn. I owe them nothing.

I have risen from a peasant ward of the Temple of War to Lord Confessor of the Bloodthorn, and a position of importance within the Dismal Rage. With skill and Innoruuk's indulgence, I will rise higher still.

Funds from the Dismal Rage or Bloodthorn operations. Spoils of war. Selling artwork. I am a competent defiler and an adequate strategist. I am self-taught.

I paint. I incorporate the souls of victims into my work to give them greater vibrancy.

Most of them.

Lady Avarice Nar'Thex.

14. What frightens you?
Anything that should. To believe there is shame in fear is remarkably stupid. To allow it deviate you from the proper course of action is shameful.

Spite. A one-time adversary I resurrected and twisted to serve the aims of the Dismal Rage. She's delightful.

16. Who have you loved?
Next question.

17. What are your goals?
To advance the aims of the Dismal Rage and its swordarm, the Bloodthorn. To see the streets run red with the blood of the infidel, to lay waste the false temples, to obliterate all memory of weak and decadent societies that oppose the will of our gods. Personal goals are secondary.

Much the same, but with a more impressive title and a longer list of victims.

Some consequence-free murder with Avarice, most likely.

I am a singularly dull and unremarkable individual.

Next question.

My contributions to the developing powerbase of Avarice.

A few humiliating defeats.

A being with the ability to grant wishes and the poor judgement to give them to me.

No.

I believe they are useful for controlling the mob, and one of the easiest routes to power is to serve the will of the gods of the Dismal Rage.

You wouldn't be reading this if I had.

A few occasions where I thought I lost the one I serve. Mistakes have been corrected.

The Dark Lady Avarice, Sovereign of the Bloodthorn. All Serve her will.

Hmm. A man once killed his wife to save her from my influence. I stole her soul and resurrected her as a perfected creation of Hate. I then deceived and enslaved the husband, and gave him to his newly Hateful wife, serving her as an extremely abused slave. He's now ordered to kill his former friends. May take me a bit to top that one. As to why... well, it was very funny.

Not For Long.

Next question.

Failure.

My service to Avarice.

The fact I'm still alive, and that I haven't yet killed some of my enemies.

Satisfactory. Unsurprisingly, I'd have more power if I could.

I may tell myself, in my heart of hearts, that my penmanship is better than it truly is.

Kyth
Visitor

Post by Kyth » 05/13/07

1. What is your name? What do people call you? Have you ever gone under an alias? My name is Kyth Silverscale, I have gone under the alias of Gerrek before - but don't tell anyone.

2. Where were you born? I was born in North Qeynos.

3. What is your family like? Did you have any siblings? My family was well to do, and thought highly of themselves in society. I was often pressured to continue their legacy of the arcane arts, but I was simply unable to. I have one brother, Dalliker.

4. What was your childhood like? Well, as I stated above, I always felt a little out of place. But that is all right, I found the true path on my own.

5. What sort of education did you receive? Were there significant role models? I received much of my practically knowledge within the Concordium, before I left. My only true role model was a long dead ancestor, Gerrek Silverscale. I only hope that I can aspire to be half the man that he was.

6. What sort of exposure did you have to outside events? Other races? Other cultures? Other religions? I had little interaction with races outside of Qeynos until I started my adventures in my late teens. As for religion, I picked that up after learning of Gerrek. I practiced it based on whatever I could find out about Erollisi.

7. What do you believe in? I believe in love, honor, courage and peace. There is no glory to be had in death or war, but I would rather suffer a thousand arrows before letting an innocent be harmed.

8. Why did you leave home - or why do you stay? I left because I had no place there. I wished to follow the path of the Knight, not the Sage.

9. What is your position in society? Has this changed over your lifetime? It has changed dramatically. I never thought I would have been given the chance to lead an influential organization. While my status has lessened slightly in my absence, I believe I can repair whatever damage has been done.

10. How do you make money? What sort of skills do you have? Who taught them to you? I make money through donations and campaigns. I have great skill on horseback with a lance. I was taught these skills by various Qeynos Guardsmen.

11.What do you do to relax? What hobbies do you have? I like to read fiction and history aside a comfortable fire. I also relieve stress by metalworking and sparring.

12. Under what circumstances would you kill? If an innocent was in danger, or I was at a fully declared war with the said party.

13. What would you die for? I would gladly die in the protection of something, or someone that I loved. There is no greater honor than selfless servitude for the innocent.

14. What frightens you? How corrupt Freeport has become without the Knights of Truth.

15. What is your most prized possession? Dyshieva, and Gerrek's pendant of Erollisi.

16. Who have you loved? Dyshieva, with all that I have to offer.

17. What are your goals? To spread the teachings of the Twins of Marr, and remove the stain of corruption from Freeport. If given the chance, I would slay the \"Traitor\" and bring honor back to my ancestors.

18. Where do you see yourself in the future? I'm not sure, actually. I hope to see myself well, and at peace with the world. Spending time with those I love, I suppose.

19. If you had a free day with no responsibilities and your only mission was to enjoy yourself, what would you do? Read, socialize with loved ones, or go horseback riding. Maybe fishing, but I'm not very good at it.

20. What impression do you make on people when they first meet you? How about after they've known you for a while? I'm not quite sure. I suppose I come off as prudish, but I hope others know I am only reserving myself for a good purpose.

21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that'll happen in your life? A good marriage is one in which both parties can completely trust each other, and love deeply. I have already achieved such.

22. What are you most proud of about your personal life? That I have done so much good in my life, and I still have a lot of time to continue what I do.

23. What are you most ashamed of in your personal life? I am ashamed at how I lost the Divine Rose due to mismanagement. I will never let such happen again.

24. If you could spend the day with someone you admire (living or dead or imaginary), who would you pick? Gerrek Silverscale, I would love to know what he would have thought of me. If I were to receive his blessing, I think my life would be complete.

25. Do you think you've turned out the way your parents expected? No, not really. I hope they are still proud of me, though.

26. What do you believe about gods? The Twins of Marr give the greatest gifts to Norrath - love, and honor. I do have my preference for Erollisi though. Love is the most powerful force in this universe.

27. Is there anything you've always wanted to do but haven't done? What would happen if you did it? Sure. I've always wanted to see what really happens behind the scenes in the Pawnshop. However, I think I would claw my eyes out if I did. Some things are best left secret.

28. What's the worst thing that's happened in your life? What did you learn from it? During the battle of the Castleview Wedding, I failed in protecting one under my charge. I will take better care in whom I give my trust.

29. Tell me about your best friend. My best friend? I'm not quite such I have one. Most of my friends tend to be family now. I might say Aerryn, but I'm not sure that I trust him completely.

30. What's the worst thing you've ever done to someone? Why? I put a \"scare\" crow in Dalliker's apartment once. But it was only because he did it to me first!

31. What would you like it to say on your tombstone? Sir Kyth Silverscale - honorably slain in the protection of the innocent.

32. Describe your ideal mate. Trustworthy, attractive, and shares my interests. But I've already found that.

33. What are you most afraid of? Losing a loved one. There is no greater pain.

34. What's the most important thing in your life? What do you value most? My friends and family. My faith in Erollisi, and most importantly, my mate, Dyshieva.

35. What do you like best about yourself? Least? I like that I have been honorable and truthful for most of my life. I dislike the moments when I fail the previous traits.

36. How do you feel about your life right now? What, if anything, would you like to change? I am comfortable with my place in life. If I could change something, I would like to erase the memories of my failures. They give me much regret, even now.

37. Are you lying to yourself about something? What is it? I tend to think I am more perfect than I am. I'm human, after all.