The Interview

Ongoing roleplay and fiction.
Malfaer
Patron
Patron

Re: The Interview

Post by Malfaer » 03/24/10

1. What is your name? What do people call you? Have you ever gone under an alias?
My name is Malfaer.

How do you spell that?
*Looks at interviewer's papers, and points*
No--f...a...e...r.

Mal-fair?
*Sighs and rubs the bridge of his nose between his eyes*
I just pronounced it mal-FEER, did I not? Or do you think I made a mistake?
*Shakes his head*
Oh, we're off to a brilliant start, aren't we?

Most people who have known me and are still alive probably know me as Willan, or Wil. I'll let you work out the spelling on that one yourself. I no longer use this name, but there was a time when I knew of no other name to use.

2. Where were you born?
I'm not entirely sure. As near as I can figure, somewhere outside of but close to Freeport.

3. What is your family like? Did you have any siblings?
I have a twin sister, Amaera.

4. What was your childhood like?
It was like perpetually running for one's life, and then one day finding you did not run fast enough. How was yours?

5. What sort of education did you recieve? Were there significant role models?
I was taught all I know by a man named Corren. I think he'd be proud of the progress I made. He certainly seemed impressed when I gave him a first-hand demonstration.

6. What sort of exposure did you have to outside events? Other races? Other cultures? Other religions?
I certainly saw quite a mix of various races and cultures in our constant travels, but never stayed anywhere long enough to care about any of them in particular.

7. What do you believe in?
Nothing.

8. Why did you leave home - or why do you stay?
I've either had many homes, or else no true home, depending on your perspective. I suppose if you're asking about my most recent change of address...well suffice it to say that what little hospitality Freeport once offered was gone when I attempted to kill D'Lere. Seems they don't look kindly on things like that.

I currently own a house in Qeynos, though I feel more at home in the wilderness away from people and their nonsense.

9. What is your position in society? Has this changed over your lifetime?
My position? I don't know. I'm not royalty or nobility or anything like that if that's what you mean. Despite my sister's best efforts, I desire no "status" or "standing" so I can pointlessly compare myself to others.

10. How do you make money? What sort of skills do you have? Who taught them to you?
I used to make money the old-fashioned way...by killing people and getting paid to do it. Now, I don't have much use for money. What I bring back from my excursions into the wilds and the modest profits I make woodworking are sufficient.

11.What do you do to relax? What hobbies do you have?
Any time spent in solitude is relaxing. Whether it is stalking a target or traipsing through the wild.

12. Under what circumstances would you kill?
Any which call for it, of course. Perhaps a better question would be asking under which circumstances I would not kill. But for that I'm afraid I have no answer. I do not kill for pleasure, but if it needs doing I will do it without hesitation.

13. What would you die for?
I don't...quite know how to answer that. Not that I...haven't...given it a lot of thought. I've already died twice...or near enough. I suppose, upon reflection, I'm not a fan. For now, existence is mildly preferable.

14. What frightens you?
The capacity for evil I have inside me...and the fact that I don't believe I've seen the full extent of that capacity thus far.

15. What is your most prized possession?
I don't know that I possess anything particularly noteworthy.

16. Who have you loved?
Two people.
*Stares off into space*
One who didn't deserve what I brought upon her.
*Pauses*
And one who deserves that and more.
*The corner of his mouth curls up ever so slightly*

17. What are your goals?
*Shrugs, then pauses*
I once entertained thoughts of...redemption, vindication. Utter nonsense, of course. I suppose I will just have to see what happens.

18. Where do you see yourself in the future?
I don't have anything more to add on this topic. I will be where I will be.

19. If you had a free day with no responsibilities and your only mission was to enjoy yourself, what would you do?
What a frivolous question. I suppose it would involve being far from anyone likely to ask such a question.

20. What impression do you make on people when they first meet you? How about after they've known you for a while?
I don't know; you'd have to ask them. I prefer not to make any impression, but if I had to speculate...I imagine I have few fans. I can count on one hand the number of people who have..."known me for a while."

21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that'll happen in your life?
*Laughs heartily*
Certainly not.

22. What are you most proud of about your personal life?
Heh. Nothing.

23. What are y--
Wait, no, I take that back. I have killed many people who most desperately needed it. Many of those you'd probably call "evil." *Nods* Yes. Continue.

23. What are you most ashamed of in your personal life?
How much time do you have? Not enough, I'm sure.

24. If you could spend the day with someone you admire (living or dead or imaginary), who would you pick?
I suppose I have quite a few questions I'd like to ask my mother.

25. Do you think you've turned out the way your parents expected?
My father, most assuredly not. My mother, well...no. No, I suppose not.

26. What do you believe about gods?
I believe they are petty, bickering children. They demand our subservience but do not conduct themselves in a manner deserving of it.

27. Is there anything you've always wanted to do but haven't done? What would happen if you did it?
Anything I've always...? No, this is idle foolishness. Move on.

28. What's the worst thing that's happened in your life? What did you learn from it?
*Sighs*
I learned that life is ultimately meaningless. We simply struggle on until one day fate decrees that we are no longer necessary.

You didn't answer the first question.
Indeed.

29. Tell me about your best friend.
Anyone I once called "friend" is long dead. Except my sister, I suppose. She was...well my childhood would have much worse than it was if not for her.

30. What's the worst thing you've ever done to someone? Why?
*Muses*
There was someone so...sweet, so good, you'd think she was a character from some ancient fable. All she ever wanted was to help people. All people. Everyone. And then she met me. And because she refused to let me go, let me pull away, she ended up dead. A most...unpleasant death.

Is there such a thing as a pleasant death?
Comparatively speaking...absolutely. Take my word on this.

31. What would you like it to say on your tombstone?
At that point I will hardly be in any position to care.

32. Describe your ideal mate.
She would have to be strong. Independent.
*Begins muttering* ...with a little...birthmark...right above her left...
*Notices interviewer listening intently*
Ahem. Yes, strong and so forth.

33. What are you most afraid of?
Did you not already ask me this? *Annoyed, sighs* I shouldn't have told you as much as I did the first time; don't press your luck.

34. What's the most important thing in your life? What do you value most?
Everything I once valued is long gone. Most everything.

35. What do you like best about yourself?
Nothing.

Least?
*Appears lost in thought*
Everything.

36. How do you feel about your life right now? What, if anything, would you like to change?
*Still lost in thought*
Everything. Gods, everything.

37. Are you lying to yourself about something? What is it?
*Appears to notice the interviewer again*
If I am lying to myself about anything, I'm sure I have a good reason for doing so. That is enough. No more questions.
*Gets up, leaves*

Eryse
Visitor

Post by Eryse » 03/24/10

1. What is your name? What do people call you? Have you ever gone under an alias?
I am Man-at-Arms Aryssia Neraxis. A select few call me Ary. You may call me Sir, or preferably not at all.

2. Where were you born?
Neriak.

I have no family. I had two sisters, but they proved themselves weak in the end.

Fairly traditional for a Tier'Dal family. Up until my mother died, my father went mad, he sold the lot of us into slavery, my sisters died, one by her own hand, I escaped, and I destroyed my father, anyway. But before that it was rather non-descript, really.

5. What sort of education did you receive? Were there significant role models?
Hah, "education." I suppose it was an education, at that. Suffice it to say that it was all learned by doing, and by necessity.

6. What sort of exposure did you have to outside events? Other races? Other cultures? Other religions?
I was exposed to nothing but Tier'Dal culture...and then I witnessed the true Tier'Dal culture.

Strength. Power. Myself.

You ask why I did not remain in Neriak after what I just told you about my childhood? Would you remain?

I am a Man-at-Arms in the Freeport Militia. Obviously I was not always so.

10. How do you make money? What sort of skills do you have? Who taught them to you?
I make my living performing my duties for the Militia. My "skills" I taught myself.

Complacency is weakness. Any time not spent proving oneself should be spent preparing for the next time one must prove oneself.

Too many to list here. *Smiles wickedly*

Nothing. In fact if it can be said my life has been "about" anything, it would be doing precisely the opposite, no matter what.

14. What frightens you?
Nothing. Fear is weakness.

My experience, which has made me strong.

16. Who have you loved?
*Stares off into space for a moment, pondering, then shakes her head slightly*
Love is weakness.

17. What are your goals?
To learn the limit of my strength. One day I will find it, and shall go to my death contented. But not one moment before.

I will not speculate, other than to say wherever I am, it will be where I deserve to be.

19. If you had a free day with no responsibilities and your only mission was to enjoy yourself, what would you do?
*One eyebrow rises slightly*

20. What impression do you make on people when they first meet you? How about after they've known you for a while?
The impression I make is most often boot-shaped.

21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that'll happen in your life?
What do you think?

I have endured more than most people could dream of.

I have no regrets. Shame is--

Weakness?
*Smiles*
You can be taught.

24. If you could spend the day with someone you admire (living or dead or imaginary), who would you pick?
Spend the day? Having a polite conversation over tea, I suppose? Or perhaps a picnic! Oh, wouldn't that be splendid?
*Sneers*

Obviously not.

I believe they are largely irrelevant. The teachings of Rallos Zek have some merit, however.

27. Is there anything you've always wanted to do but haven't done? What would happen if you did it?
What I want is of no consequence. I deal with what is.

28. What's the worst thing that's happened in your life? What did you learn from it?
Slavery, torture, rape. Take your pick. The result was the same. I learned there is nothing I cannot survive.

Oh, but of course that would be you, naturally! We are getting along exceedingly well, don't you think? Perhaps later we can paint each other's toenails and braid each other's hair!
*Sneers again*

*Sits back, pondering*
Ooh, now that is a difficult question. Hmm...there are so many, but if I had to choose...well I doubt you would want to hear the details, but it involved a rather innovative use of a red-hot bar of iron. *Chuckles softly* That can't have been pleasant.

I don't care.

*Nods approvingly*
Perhaps you are not as foolish as you appear. I see you have learned to leave nonsense like marriage and love and friendship out of it.
All I will say is he is--err, should be--
*Glances darkly at the interviewer, who wisely pretends not to have noticed*
...rather...durable.

You don't happen to have any birthmarks, do you?
Tread...carefully.

Nevermind.

Hmm. On second thought, I believe I had it right the first time after all.

Myself. All we truly have are ourselves. Some don't even have that.

I have been tested, and I have endured. And I will continue to endure.

Least?
Nothing. Any weakness I once had has been stripped away, like so many impurities in a blacksmith's steel. Pray you never have to feel the heat of the forge.

36. How do you feel about your life right now? What, if anything, would you like to change?
I think that from now on, I shall endeavor to avoid indulging simpering fools who wish to "explore" my "personality" and "get to know me." Yes, this is something that must change.

You are either extremely bold or extremely stupid. I am strongly leaning towards the latter. Either way you should count yourself extremely lucky that you still draw breath.
*Leaves abruptly*

Maerien
Visitor

Post by Maerien » 03/24/10

I am Amaera. Pleased to meet you. I've never used an alias.

2. Where were you born?
I wish I knew. We think it was in the Commonlands somewhere.

I have a twin brother, Malfaer. Our mother died when we were young, and we never knew much about our father, aside from the fact that he was an elf. High Elf, we think.

It was...hectic. We moved constantly. It was like we were being hunted almost, though mother never told us much. I think she wanted to protect us, from whatever was after us of course, but also from knowledge she thought would only frighten us needlessly.

We never had much chance to make friends, so it was just Mal and me for the most part. And one day...whoever it was caught up with us. We were on a ship, sailing for the next village. There was a commotion...intruders on board. They tried to take Mal, but the crew got them cornered. They used magic to escape and destroy the ship. I saw Mal...he was injured...he went under. We all thought he died. Mother died too.

I learned from those around me. We've probably lived in every village in the Shattered Lands for at least some length of time, and they all had a different way of looking at things.

After what happened on the ship, the surviving crew and passengers were fortunate enough to be picked up by a passing vessel some time later. I made my way to Qeynos and became a Paladin with the Qeynos Guard.

Antonia herself was--and still is, I suppose--a role model. She is hard as iron, but has not forgotten that she is a woman. Some would insist that one must choose between the two.

Like I said, we lived everywhere, or that's how it felt anyway. I must have seen every imaginable combination of race, culture, and religion. Although it was hardly what I would have chosen for a childhood, for that much, at least, I am grateful.

The basic goodness inside of everyone. Sometimes it is twisted beyond all recognition, often past the point of redemption, but that does not change the fact that it is there.

I also believe in the power of Growth. No matter how we Norrathians strive to destroy Norrath and one another, there is always Growth. Nature, if given enough times, will heal all wounds.

I've not moved from Qeynos since I arrived. I love it here. And, I must admit, it feels nice to stay in a place for more than a year or two at a time.

I am a Private within the Qeynos Guard. I hope to attain the rank of Sergeant-at-Arms soon. My days as a Squire were difficult, but I'll always treasure them.

I am paid for my services to the Guard. I dabble in alchemy in my spare time, but I wouldn't say I am very skilled.

11. What do you do to relax? What hobbies do you have?
Well, like I said, I find alchemy strangely fascinating. I'm something of an introvert, I suppose. If not alchemy then a good book and a warm fire suit me nicely. I do try to mingle, though. There are so many wonderful people in Qeynos.

When there is no other way. If there is any hope for a person, I will try to the best of my ability to help them realize it. If not, then...well what must be done must be done. And sometimes there is not even a question...for example I will never hesitate to destroy the undead. They are vile perversions of nature.

I have dedicated my life to defending those who cannot defend themselves. Tunare willing, when my time comes, it will come in fulfillment of that pledge.

14. What frightens you?
Sometimes Mal, he...worries me. He has left his old life behind; I am confident of that. And yet, sometimes, I see this darkness, this anger, in his eyes. I'm afraid of what might happen if I am not there for him.

Oh, I don't know. I've never placed much importance on belongings. Life is what matters.

16. Who have you loved?
My mother, and Mal. Outside of family...well, I find many people are put off when a woman owns a sword nearly as tall as they are.
*Laughs nervously, blushing*
But no, I...I would hardly have the time for anything like that.

17. What are your goals?
Only to see Qeynos prosper and to do what I can for the cause of good. I want the world to be a better place for my having been here.

Maybe, one day...oh, but it is such idle fancy. It's just...the ladies of the Royal Antonican Court are so elegant and lovely. The first time I saw one I wanted to be one of them.
*Laughs*
For now, I am more than satisfied getting my hands dirty, so to speak. I think I would go mad having nothing to do but curtsy and chatter all day.

I can hardly imagine such a day. It would probably involve a good book, a hot bath, and a bottle of wine. *Smiles* Whether I could keep that up for an entire day sounds like a challenge I wouldn't mind taking on.

I'm afraid I'm not very complex. I think most people have me figured out fairly quickly. I'd like to think they see warmth, but also resolve. As I said, I have few surprises, so after time has passed, they see that it is not just a front, at least.

I think a good marriage requires two people who are totally and utterly committed. There is no show, no secrets, no false efforts. Just two people who are meant to be together.

I certainly hope there is someone like that out there for me.

I have had the opportunity to effect positive change for a great many people, something I am very grateful for.

*Takes on a somber expression*
I wish I could have saved my mother. And Mal.

I told you how we thought he died? Well, he didn't, but things...did not go well for him. He is convinced it was our father's doing. He had his memories blocked...and the things he went through.... I can hardly blame him for coming out of it with some...bitterness. I am lucky he came out of it at all, not to mention that I found him again. And that we were able to figure out a way to restore those memories. Without them...who knows what he'd be doing now.

But still...if I had been closer when they attacked...if I had saved him from going under. None of it would have happened.

Oh I'd love a chance to meet Queen Antonia, not to mention spend a whole day with her.

Yes, I think so. The way my mother expected anyway. She always told me I was born to protect people. I was always trying to save my brother, she said, even when he didn't need saving. *Smiles*

I know almost nothing of my father, so I couldn't speak for him.

I believe Tunare is the one this world needs the most. For what is life without Growth?

I have always wanted to see inside the Queen's castle. *Chuckles* If I did it without permission I expect I'd be arrested, at best.

That day on the ship, of course. It was horrible. But it taught me the importance of vigilance. Not only because evil can strike at any time, but also because even though everyone and everything told me Mal was dead...I never believed it, in my heart. I never gave up the search for him.
*Looks abashed*
Although it was not by any effort of mine that we were eventually reunited. It was simply a chance encounter. And what an encounter it was. He sort of, well...killed me. *Grins weakly* But never mind that, it all worked out in the end.

I have friends in the Guard, and in the Willow Wood. I'm not sure I'd call any particular one my "best" friend though.

After I found Mal again, I searched for ways to get his memories back. I enlisted the help of some of the Tower's best mages, and one of them came up with a plan.

But Malfaer, he was...reluctant. In fact he simply refused. He said the past was best left in the past, and that remembering now what would forever be lost and what he could not change was unnecessary. But I wouldn't listen. That he would by choice have no memories of mother, or...of me...it was unfathomable.

I hate to say, I... *Blushes* I tricked him. I waited until he was not in a position to resist, and I had it done. Against his wishes.

Oh, he tells me now that he's glad I did it, and it certainly has changed him, for the better. It feels nice to have a brother again...one who thinks of me as a sister, I mean. And if I had the choice to make again, I'd probably do it again. And yet...it was a betrayal. It was deceitful. If I were him I'd have no reason to trust me.

Oh, I'm not very good at this sort of thing. Something simple, not overly flowery or poetic.

Interesting change of subject. *Giggles*
Well, naturally he'd be good-hearted. Brave. Devoted. *Laughs* I suppose he'd have to be good at climbing out of storybooks.

That I will fail someone when I am their only hope. That I will not be there for Mal if he should ever...stumble.

My brother, and my vows.
*Mumbles quietly* ...in that order.

35. What do you like best about yourself? Least?
I am devoted to my duty, and loyal. At times I think I need to be more practical and grounded. In some ways I'm still like a little girl daydreaming.

I enjoy my life. I feel fulfilled by the work I do, protecting that which I value. If I could change anything, though, I would have my brother back to his old self. Still, I'm confident that he'll make it there one day.

Me? Lie? Perish the thought! *Smiles*

Teaeran
Honored Patron
Honored Patron

Post by Teaeran » 04/02/10

Teaeran Sayer. I go by Tea most of the time.

2. Where were you born?
Qeynos

I wasn't belched onto this world, I have parents. My birth parents died and I have no recollection of them. My uncle became my father and he died shortly after I became his ward and my aunt was basically a wandering wreck as far back as I can remember. My uncle left her scared, alone and pregnant while going off to save another woman from peril and never returned. She hated and loved me at the same time especially when she lost her child own during the birthing. She burst into tears daily as I grew older and grew to take on the appearance of my uncle. I don't think much of her and never bothered to attend her funeral.

I was raised by my uncle’s friends who looked after me and I would only return home to sleep or eat. My aunt was hysterical when I apprenticed to become a ranger like my father and uncle were. I was young back then still a child and barely able to even remember the exchange. All I can really recall is constant training, travel and always being compared to my uncle’s exploits to which I would never be able to match up to.

I apprenticed as a ranger for decades before my master was slain and from that point on I traveled near and far on a constant search to out do the deeds or my father and uncle. No matter the company I kept, the artifacts I uncovered of demons slain I could never live up to their record of success.

I spent time with enlightened individuals, brigands, Freeportian assassin guilds, Qeynos guard and the despoiled remains of Kelethin. No matter where you go there are both cowards and villains no matter the company kept. As to religions and the gods. We got along just fine before the gods returned so why don’t you pray for a bar of gold in one hand and crap in the other. Let me know which one fills up first.

Power

To escape my aunt

I have a home in Qeynos. But I prefer to spend my time in the wilds. I may spend a few days or a few years in the city depending on how I feel.

I’ve amassed more coin then I will need for the rest of my life while adventuring in addition to my inheritance left by my aunt. I don’t need to do anything. To help my friends or for fun is when I head out. If I just sat around then I’d accomplish nothing and my skills would dull with time.

I make extra arrows, drink, cause trouble for the local militia anything to pass the time really.

Under what circumstances would I not kill would be a much shorter list. For instance I wouldn’t kill someone for asking me a series of questions.

Love *laughs* you should have seen the look on your face when I said that.

14. What frightens you?
Being powerless

My bow and armor; well at least they are until I find need or warrant to upgrade them.

16. Who have you loved?
Few, but none still amongst the living.

17. What are your goals?
To surpass my father’s and uncle’s deeds during the shattering.

Dominating the entire world

kill something or practice my bow

That I’m an jerk and after awhile I think they’d say that I’m still a jerk but I have merits

Not being married would be my idea of a good marriage. I’ve seen only heart ache and wasted lives come from such endeavors

My time spent with the guild ‘Eternal Chaos’ purging the world of those unfitting to continue their existence.

*blushes for a brief moment before the scowl returns to his face* Nothing

24. If you could spend the day with someone you admire (living or dead or imaginary), who would you pick? my uncle or father. Then I’d kick the snot out of him and prove that they were no where near as godly as I’ve been told my entire life.

Screw them

If their avatars are as weak as they are then they’re completely useless other then the trinkets they occasionally carry on them.

What is the point of wanting to do something then not doing it?

Being born. That life is the cruelest joke played by the gods.

She’s dead

Besides killing them?

That you’re wasting your time looking at it

Someone who would care more for my armor and weapons then I do. But it is not like that will ever happen.

failure

*scowls*

*Tea’s scowl deepens*

I exist if I could change that then what would be the point.

That I’m not even half as hard as I pretend to be and that I do actually care. Oh crap I should have said that out loud. *pauses* I’m sorry but I am going to have to kill you now.

Kaylia
Visitor

Post by Kaylia » 04/26/10

I've always been Kaylia, I don't remember my last name – not because I was never told, but because no one ever called me by it! If they are closer to me, people sometimes call me Kay.

2. Where were you born?
I was born in a little village near Freeport,on the coast. It's probably been destroyed or abandoned by now.

The closest thing to a family for me now is the other kids I grew up with, and Teaeran. My grandparents took me in after my mother was killed, and they gave up everything to send me on a boat to Qeynos. *pauses and thinks* I don't have any biological siblings, I suppose, but I do have lots of brothers and sisters.

My very early childhood wasn't the best or the easiest, and I try not to recall too much of it, and I was very very young, so most of it I cannot recall regardless. We were very poor, and living in a small village which wasn't wealthy to begin with. From when I was too young to do much but old enough to remember, I was living with Tea in Qeynos, and it was happy from then on, mostly.

I got a good education, tutors and teachers were around all the time to give us lessons. It wasn't my favourite part of the day, and I'm definitely no scholar, but I am now well educated and glad of it.

In Qeynos it is fairly mixed, and while I was a little sheltered, I did become exposed to the outside world. I can remember several times where I saw people killed in the street in panic or fights over money. Other cultures get very blended and fuzzy in Qeynos, even with the quarters devoted to certain races. The gods of the wood elves held no interest to me, so why should I dabble in the gods of others?

I believe in myself, and in my blades, and the skills I've learned. I believe in the people I love and trust too, for better or worse.

I left because I was sent. I was sent because my home was in danger. I stay because I have no reason not to, and I enjoy my life here in Qeynos.

My position has remained relatively the same. I has improved since my earliest years, but still among the lower classes, working hard every day to earn a living... I like to view it as a challenge. Not to rise up and over, but to earn what I need.

Mostly, by working in the tailors store I help to run and collect hides for, though it gets very boring sometimes. Ocassionally I make my money by doing casual healer work – following adventurers around to keep them on this side of deaths door. I like to play the lute but I'm afraid my singing voice isn't the best, so it is usually unaccompanied by a sung melody. I was largely self-taught in the lute, though I picked up a few hints and tricks from passing bards.

I play the lute, visit the market, or go hunting. I remember, when I was smaller, I used to beg to go out hunting and practice with my bow, but naturally, as I was unskilled, I was never allowed. *chuckles* I suppose it is myself being defiant that I choose now to hunt alone and regularly, whether people agree or not.

I do not enjoy killing. I am not an evil person. I will kill only when an innocent, or one that I love is in danger, and certainly not on a whim.

Not a great deal, to be perfectly honest. I value my life. My family, a select few among my friends, perhaps Qeynos, if I was truly called to do so.

14. What frightens you?
*frowns slightly*..Disappointing those I care about, I suppose.

*reaches under the shoulder of her armour and fishes out the fletched end of an arrow, holds it before the interviewer andthen replaces it, smiling absentmindedly* Next question?

16. Who have you loved?
Far more people than I should have, according to some people, and to others, far too few... and then, there are the people I can't decide whether I love or not.. *rolls her eyes and grins*

17. What are your goals?
To make the people I love proud, however impossible that may be.

Exactly where I am, but perhaps looking a touch older.. one can hope, anyway.

I would sleep all morning! And then I would spend time in the garden, planting and tending to it, and maybe after that I would take another nap. Truly, if I could, I would sleep all day like a house cat!

people think I'm headstrong, willful and stubborn initially. So far, I have never met anyone for whom that impression has changed, and I like it that way. I like to think of myself as a challenge.

I've never seen a good marriage from any particular vantage point.. it all looks rather dreamy and wonderful, but then, so did many things. I am truly unsure if I shall marry, I can't really see anyone being willing to tolerate me for much longer than they must. *grins*

I am not so much proud of myself as proud of what I've witnessed. Living in the orphanage, I have seen so many children grow up into things that flourish and thrive, despite the hopelessness to which they were born. I am proud to have seen it in my lifetime, and I am proud of them for achieving it.

I doubt myself far too often. I need to be more decisive, and in control.

My mother, I would like to meet her and see what traits I have inherited form her. All I remember is what my grandparents said of her, and that was very little, for the passed from this world in a violent, gruesome manner.

I don't think so, somehow. *smiles wryly* I can't imagine they expected me to become quite so independent, or even to have left the island I was born on.

I believe that for some, the gods exist, and for others they do not. If any particular god wants my attention, they shall have to seek it themselves, for I shall not be seeking any of them! My grandpa didn't speak much, but he said once “Gods bring more problems than they solve.” and I stick by that, to a degree.

*blushes* I'm not sure. I don't think it would end well.. I would probably suffer some verbal abuses, at the very least!

The worst thing was having to make a decision based upon instinct. I learned that my gut instinct can be very, very right, and I trust myself and my instincts even in the tightest of spots. Choosing to jump off the boat.. that was definitely the hardest thing. I was only young, but I remember every breath I took, every sound, every feeling.

My best friend.. I don't really have one. I have a small circle of girls I know in the orphanage, who I trust and care about, but I'm not really one for best friends.

Once, I stabbed a man in the crotch because he was trying to take advantage of him, but once the guard got him, he was barely recognisable. I think I did the most permanent damage though.

I would really prefer to live! But if you insist, I suppose I would like it to say “she didn't listen again.”, because it will probably be true!

Well, he would need to be kind, but not pathetic. Independent, individual,educated, and not speaking too much. A man of more actions than words, for the times when I am more words than action. We would need to be balanced, if not completely opposite.

Being weak. I cannot be weak, I have so much to be strong for.

*ponders* The most important things in my life are the people in my life, and that scares me far more than I had ever thought possible.

I have learned, not only form my own mistakes, but from others. Despite what I know, I am not cynical.
[/b]Least?[/b]
I make decisions without thinking. I speak my opinions far more often than I am asked for them.

I feel pretty good about my life. I have much to live for, even if I have no real direction. If I could change anything.. no.. I would not change anything.

I would not change anything. Nothing at all. I am perfectly content.

Amhe
Visitor

Post by Amhe » 04/29/10

My name is Amhe. I've been called Nyme, and also "The Damned"

2. Where were you born?
I was born somewhere in the Faydark. Its been a long time ago, and while I've gone back many a time trying to find my birthplace, I'm afraid its all rubble and overgrown now. I don't know exactly where it is.

I do not recall much from my family. But from what I do recall, I remember warm feelings, bright feelings. I do not know if I have any siblings or not, likely they have not survived this long.

My family and I, if I remember lived in a small village, that fended off many an attack. While we were not soldiers, we all would fight valiantly and defend what was ours. Other than that, it was a normal childhood, I guess.

My mother and father were my role models. As far as any education, my family believed in the art of singing. We believed that by bringing vigor and passion to everything you do, that others around you would be inspired to join in your cause.

I know not much of the land today, as it seems vastly different than when my spirit was young. Regarding other races and cultures, I've been around more, a lot more now, so I'm fairly well versed with those around me. Regarding religion, I believe I am defended and kept here by some higher power, though I do not know what it is.

I believe that we all have a place. I believe that your personal will determines your fate. There are many other things that tie me here, but since I've just met you, and since you won't be here long, I don't see much reason to share.

I will keep this short. I left not of my will. I stay because I have things to do here.

I'm called an "advisor" to Qeynos. I believe that this is just so they can keep an eye on me. Many things have changed over my lifetime and positions alter as well.

Money is of no object to me. I acquire sums of money in various ways. Friends that I have met along the way have tought me a few skills, and the others, I seem to have just "acquired"

I love reading. I really enjoy reading about the past, to find out more about this land and the history of Qeynos and Freeport.

I do not ask for much. Do not try to hurt me, or my friends.

Not of your concern.

14. What frightens you?
The unknown.

Nothing you'll find out here.

16. Who have you loved?
Those along the way that have befriended me, and given companionship.

17. What are your goals?
For here and now...I'd like to finish this line of questioning.

I do not know what the future is, only the past, and the here and now.

I do not have those.

I've been told that I'm not fun. I'm very focused, and task oriented. I dislike this opinion. I will aid my friends.

Many things are temporary.

I've helped a few friends. I'm not proud of a lot.

I've said goodbye too much.

My parents.

I don't know my family well, so I'm not sure what they would expect.

Not of your concern.

Yes. My story would end.

Its a long story. I've learned to cherish what I have, and that everyone can make a difference.

They're kind. They're trustworthy.

Its a long story, and likely something that would get me in trouble with the locals here.

I don't think I'll have one of those.

Well, shes pretty.

Losing my goals and becoming stagnant.

My friends and family.

The will to change. The fact that everything is temporary.

I feel your questions are too cumbersome, and that they are tiring.

I probably am. I guess I'll have to find out what it is.

Xalre
Visitor

Post by Xalre » 05/11/10

I am Xalre Do'Vaslyl. As a Teir'Dal, most Haeth'Uns tend to refer to me, in a derrogatory sense, as an 'inky'. Alias? Why, if I had revealed my true name to everyone I met, I would have been dead about two centuries ago.

2. Where were you born?
Neriak.

My family was an awful lot. Yes, I did. Three brothers, and a sister.

I spent most of it being reminded by my mother at how much better my sister was at everything compared to myself.

When not in the House Do'Vaslyl complex, I was out training with the members of the Indigo Brotherhood and Ebon Mask.

The ogres and trolls we had tucked away worshipped their own gods, particularly the ogres. Many an ogre returned to the ways of Zek, and a few ogre slaves rebelled against their masters.

That would be telling.

Neriak is the perfect place to cause chaos, of course. With the supporters of the Queen and her enemies, it is so amusing to inform one faction that a member of the other is actually their ally, while informing the other faction that the person has betrayed them in some way.

Once, I was a noble of the lesser Neriak house, Do'Vaslyl. Now, I am a rogue, a mercenary of sorts.

Smuggling, sell-sword work, the shrool dust trade, even the rare murder or two. And, of course, I am an excellent thief. Skills? Well, I am proficient in knowledge of magical artifacts, and rather brilliant at swordplay. I'd make a good scout, so says the Brotherhood, for I take well to the shadows. I have no interest in serving the military, however.

I go to a favorite bar and have a drink. Hobbies... I suppose pickpocketing and eavesdropping could be considered a hobby.

For enough money.

Nothing, aside to save myself, so long as I could be revived.

14. What frightens you?
Gigantic spiders able to eat dragons.

If it is on my person, it is something I hold very dear.

16. Who have you loved?
There was once a Teir'Dal who served drinks in a bar. She was quite enticing, and once I thought I might settle down. Then she was killed by a drunken elf during the course of a bar fight, and it made me remember exactly who I am.

17. What are your goals?
To eventually start or join a band of like-minded people and rise to the top of it.

Where I am now.

Oh, I'd probably go about framing someone in the Dread Guard for the murder of one of the Dark Bargainers. It causes such havoc and amusing infighting.

They tend to think I'm rather weird. After they've known me for a while, they think the same thing.

Marriage? Pff. I never let a contract hold me down.

I once bedded a high-ranking member of the Dead.

I once seared the face off a friend of mine by mistake. He still plots vengence to this day.

Why, myself, of course.

Hah! My parents expected me to be a warrior in the Dread Guard, a high-ranking mage and a powerful priest all at once.

I follow Innoruuk, though not as devoutly as my kin. I much preferred his daughter, Lanys T'Vyl.

I've always wanted to cause an utter, complete havoc, like what's going on in Freeport at the moment with the Overlord missing. It'd be endlessly amusing.

A large, emotionally-sensitive ogre once taught me respect. A noble of one of the more important Houses mentioned that the ogre's left tusk was chipped. The ogre went on a rampage, then, slaughtering that dark elf and five Dread Guard, along with one of the Queen's Royal Guard and a few other bystanders.

I have too many to count.

I once killed an elf woman named Ell'Alora, as part of a job.

Xalre. He should have kept a closer eye on those pressure traps.

One of the surface elf women. Preferably one that shares my sense of humor.

Spiders that could build a web big enough to catch a dragon.

What I do. I value my reputation above everything.

My wit. Least? Why, I adore every bit of me.

It's wonderful.

I have never been anything but honest to myself.

Ziasia
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Ziasia » 05/26/10

My name is Maeva Willowspring. I don’t use any kind of alias, usually. I’ve had nicknames, if that’s what you mean.

2. Where were you born?

The Commonlands.

My family is amazing. I have two adoptive parents who are very loving and give me all the attention and praise I could ever want, and probably haven’t earned. My biological family stems from Freeport. I have a twin sister whom I know nothing about, and I plan on keeping it that way. She isn’t very forgiving and seems to be angered life has turned out well for me when it didn’t for her. I also have a neice, my sister’s daughter, of whom I can’t discern if she holds the same intentions towards me as my sister does, or she honestly means to hold me in the same light as my parents do.

Very sheltered, but very loved. I had all that I wanted, though I was mostly kept inside Willow Wood until I turned of age to be of use to the Qeynos Guard. I have no regrets.

I received a good education from my father. He would be the best role model I had, outside of my mother. My father is very voracious, he loves to learn and he’s also a perfectionist. I like to think I inherited these traits from him, but the temperance my mother also shows.

I was pretty sheltered, so I didn’t know much about the world until after my exposure to it through my work with the Special Forces. There is still a lot for me to learn, but I consider it an asset that I am not as jaded as most that have known the world far longer than I have.

Peace, equality, love. Most of these are theories, as I know there is too much tension and opinions in the world to ever harness all of them completely, but I like to believe in my ideal world, we all can use them in shades of grey.

I left my home because it needed to happen. I needed to live on my own to grow as a person. Since I met my suitor, I’ve travelled to Faydwer a lot and left my home in South Qeynos behind to be tended to servants most of the time. Becoming more interested in wandering has allowed me many great friends and love, so I do not regret it.

My position within the normal status of citizenship within Qeynos is a special operative of the Qeynos Special Forces. Within that small Unit, I have held both the title of Major and Private. For now, I am a Private. It allows me more personal freedom with my private life, so it suits me well. Eventually, I hope to earn the title of Knight-Captain among the Guard, like my father. Granted, I am a monk, but I am still recognized the same.

I make money through the Unit, by way of a small pension dispursed by the city. I also make additional funds with adventuring and bartering my findings.

I am a monk, so my skills lie in my physical prowess. I am a very good fighter, in the non-traditional sense. I don’t use swords or fight with daggers in the shadows. I simply use my tenacity for mastering my physical form to fight. I was trained in the Elddar Grove by the monk trainers as soon as I showed a tendancy for the craft.

I spend time with my suitor, or I read. I’ve contemplated taking up a craft as a hobby, but as much as I like to think of myself as a relaxed person, I have a hard time sitting in one spot for too long. For the moment, I don’t have time for a hobby. Well, not anything that I would call a hobby, I suppose.

To defend myself, those I love, the city of which I owe allegiance to, or to defend and protect any of my Unit members.

For the same reasons for which I would kill.

14. What frightens you?

My dreams, being alone, feeling useless or stagnant.

I don’t hold much value in physical things. Strangely, I never have. I have a fondness of clothes, but I could do without easily if I had to. I would have to say my most prized possession is my family and my loved ones.

16. Who have you loved?
Besides my mother and my father, one man in particular – the Gypsy Prince.

17. What are your goals?

Enjoy life, find peace where it is needed, defend my city and my Unit. I used to want other things, but that’s changing. Surprisingly, once I accepted that, it wasn’t too hard to be alright with the adjustments.

I don’t know. Hopefully in the same way I am now. I am very happy with my life now.

Spend the day with my suitor. Simply being with him makes me happy on many levels.

I come across as quite shy when I first meet someone, usually because I just met them and am really unsure of what to say. When I get to know people and have more to talk about, usually they see my friendly side and see how deep my loyalties lie.

A good marriage is built on compromise and understanding. There will always be ups and downs in any relationship, but as long as your loved ones continue to want the best for you, things manage to work out. You just have to remember why you’re together, how happy that makes you, despite how mad you might be at the time. Life simply wouldn’t be the same without that person in your life.

Will marriage happen for me? I don’t know. I would like to think so, but I don’t hold out hope for it, so probably not. I’m ok with that.

My friends, my loved ones. My decision to step down and focus more on those I love.

Mostly when I get angry when people don’t see my side of things. I try so very hard to be considerate of theirs, it is very disheartening and hurtful when they don’t see mine. However, I can’t want people to be this way. Some people aren’t, and I think it’s wrong for me to expect them to be.

I would pick my biological parents. There are many questions there that I would like answered and they seem to be the only ones that could do that for me at times. However, that will never happen.

Yes. My adoptive parents raised me well, and I think I turned out like they wanted. My real parents, I’ll never know. That’s a mystery.

I know they gave us all life and created many wonderful and chaotic things for us. However, the more I learn about them, the more I begin to think they have nearly as many faults as us. They once forced us out of their planes and rendered Norrath into an armeggedon because they believed we were gaining too much power and would destroy them and their perfect images. In my experience, they don’t seem to do much better wielding these powerful abilities than we would.

Explore. I’m slowly working on that. I’m very curious by nature, and I hate not knowing something or figuring out a solution to a problem. Where ever you go, there is always something or someone with a problem. It’s quite a terrible habit of mine, honestly.

My capture in Freeport. Honestly, I am not interested in talking about that right now. I learned many things, including that not all my ideals were correct.

My lover is my best friend. He’s amazing, in every way. I’d spend too much time going over everything so we’ll leave it at that.

I used to have a four-legged best friend, but we’re just not getting back to mending a broken relationship. Many things have changed, so I cannot answer many things about him anymore.

The worst thing I have ever done to someone was take their life without mercy.

Considering I’ve had enough of death lately, I’d rather not ponder that right now. I don’t like to plan anything around death. I would rather it take me by surprise.

Loving, compromising, compassionate, sharing, beautiful. These are the most charming traits a mate could have, despite their physical appearance. People that have these traits are worth their weight in gold.

Didn’t you ask this already?

My loved ones.

I like best about myself is my ability to compromise. What I like least is my stubbornness. Sometimes the two traits don’t agree with each other, and it tends to get messy for both myself and those involved.

I am very happy with my life right now. I would change only one thing, but not with myself. However, that’s too personal to get into.

Yes. I’m not going to tell you what it is.

Savani
Resident
Resident

Post by Savani » 06/02/10

Savani Targaryen. People call me lots of things, most of them are terribly painful and they inflict deep, scarring wounds on me.

2. Where were you born?
The land of candy canes and chocolate. Formerly known as Kunark.

Before I killed them, they were devout Thulians. -After- I did that, they were very quiet. While I did it, they were very scream-filled and kept pleading for me to, well, stop stabbing them.

Fantastic. In the mornings, I'd get chased by tigers. In the afternoons, more tigers. At night? Dance parties.

Education is something that happens to other people.

Nnnoone, really. Mostly killing them. Lots of them. Because they were there.

I believe in what I can see. Also, I believe that if people don't pay me, I'm going to kill them in terrible ways. But that's not really what you meant, is it?

A particularly pretty dress caught my eye and I chased it across oceans. Not the woman. Just the dress.

I'm a killer. For hire. A mercenary. Not really.

I kill people. Lots of people. Looots of people. Anyone, really. Women, innocent, guilty, children, the elderly. Especially the elderly.

...kill people. Or brood. Brooding is a favorite. Oh, and I like to enter in regional singing competitions when they come up.

We need a reason? Are you talking killing innocent people, or killing people trying to kill me, or...well, really, it all boils down to 'no reason'.

I wouldn't.

14. What frightens you?
Old people. They're all wrinkled and unpleasant, and they tend to have a funk about them that isn't exactly appetizing.

My hand-sharpened and decorated, probably-sentient sword and gods I love this thing.

16. Who have you loved?
...my hand-sharpened, decorated, and rather snarky sword.

17. What are your goals?
Keeping myself free from boredom.

If I could see into the future, I'd probably be significantly richer.

Kill people.

20. What impression do you make on people when they first meet you? How about after they've known you for a while?People generally think I'm a complete lunatic who kills people for fun. It's not so far off the truth.

21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that'll happen inyour life?
Marriage is something that happens to other people.

My hand-tooled, polished, and bloodthirsty sword. Oh, are we talking personal accomplishments? Body count.

I'm... ashamed of things?

Ask again later.

...I think it's safe to say I didn't.

I believe it'd take a whooole lot of money for me to try to kill them.

I've always wanted to throw someone into the Great Divide. If I did it? They'd probably be reduced to a rather steamy smear on the ice!

Well, this one time I was trying to take this woman home, but a group of people who wanted to kill me blew up her place of work to try and get to me. That's probably the worst thing. Learn from it? Oh, absolutely. I learned that cloth related businesses burn really, really well.

It's a sword, that's hand sharpened, decorated, and glows read. I think I may have mentioned it before.

Well, I kill a lot of innocent people. Lots of innocent people. I'm sure there are some actually guilty people in the masses, but hey. Whatever, not my problem if the price is right. I go for 'quantity' over 'quality' with doing terrible things to people.

"Waiting for occupant"

Mates are something that happen to other people.

Didn't we already ask this? Old people. If I have to say something different, losing my swords. I love them so.

My hand sharpened, decorated, and glowing sword.

I think I'm awesome. There's nothing about me I don't like.

I love my life. I think I'd change how often I have to deal with people who don't have a sense of humor, though.

I'm lying to myself about not lying to you about just about everything.

Villance
Resident
Resident

Post by Villance » 06/02/10

Villance Dae Val`Garnex II ... or you can just call me Vill, and if you even -try- to call me 'Villy' I'll gut you.

2. Where were you born?
The Commonlands, close to Freeport's city walls.

No siblings that I know of, only a cousin who makes me sicker than all hell, and a dead mother.

Oh just peachy, my mother was completely mad and too paranoid to ever enter the city. -My- training suffered for it, so in the end I made -her- suffer.

The stories of my Grandmother, Villance Dae`Celeb, has always been my inspiration and role model. I never had the pleasure of meeting her but I have followed in her footsteps claiming an education in my 'art' with the Ebon Mask and taking Legacy as a home for some time.

The damn woman raised me around a bunch of filthy gypsies, it was not until I threw her into her shallow grave did I discover the -true- power of the tier'dal and The Father.

As I stated before I hold faith with Innoruuk... but above all else, -myself-.

I never had a home -until- I left... Now, I have -many- *smirks*

I have many - right now I am running a sucessful business, yes, I may have some 'questionable' people on my staff but lets not give into any rumors, shall we?

I make money through my tavern, Intrigue... and that is all -you- need to know.

I drink a lot of rum... a lot.

How much money you got?

*laughs* Really? I am not about to volunteer my life for -any- cause, what would be the point? I can't spend money when I am dead.

14. What frightens you?
Poverty?

My houses, my bar, my money, my blades... are you getting the trend here?

16. Who have you loved?
Next question...

17. What are your goals?
Power and wealth.

In a house on the beach resting on a bed of roses while... how in the hell do I know? Do I look like a gods damned fortune teller?

Drink a lot of rum... a lot.

20. What impression do you make on people when they first meet you? How about after they've known you for a while? I suppose that is a question you need to ask those who have met me and know me, hmm?

21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that'll happen inyour life?
I've got no idea what is involved in a good marrage... suppose I am going to find out though, we'll see. I've got to continue my line somehow, right?

Oh I am so proud of myself I could sit here all day and chat about that with you... but I've got better things to do with my time.

I would say wasting my time answering all these quesitons with you... I've got deals to make..

My grandmother, Villance Dae`Celeb, and my grandfather, Elendur Val`Garnex.

The way my -mother- expected... and no, I do not think she ever expected me to follow my grandmother's footsteps or kill her.

I believe they have the power to give and take... but so do I.

Kill my cousin, Miriella... and that is about it on the list of things I would like to do and have not. When that happens not much will change about my ways.

I would say being captured by a damned vampire and used as her blood cow was a particularly bad week for me.

Elexia, the -only- person I would trust with my life, -ever-. Not much else to tell except that if anyone were to attempt to harm her there wouldn't be enough coin in Norrath to keep me from spreading their body across the land bit by bit.

Once again, a subject I could talk all day on, and happily... but since I have things to do I will list my most recent feat... I kidnapped my cousin's adoptive son and corrupted him to be my apprentice... -just- to hurt her. *laughs*

People like me get a tombstone? Hah!

Male, teir'dal, handsome, and utterly obediant.

I feel like I've heard this already...

Myself and my money... oh and I suppose my business partners and my best friend *grins*

Everything... and nothing.

I feel absolutly great... optimistic. Business is good, I cannot complain.

*pauses a moment*... Can't say that I am.

Danasseus

Post by Danasseus » 06/13/10

My name is Danasseus, Most will call me Dan, Dana or Commander. No.

2. Where were you born?

I don't remember anything of my family. No, I didn't have any.

It was brutal, I was either training for what I was to become, or reading about was I was to become.

How to wield weapons, How to survive with the bare minimum. It was very tough, I still have the scars to prove it.

I had been with other races, Ogres, Ratonga and others, As for Cultures and religions. No.

I believe in the Order of Rime and the Warlords ways.

I left home because I was called away to serve the warlord.

In Rime society, I am a Commander. No, It hasn't.

If I make money on my own, It comes from looting, Rime normally supplies me with what I need. Skills? I'm a Commander, And I am a Warrior, I fight and lead. Who taught me? Several men, I was switched often so I wouldn't grow close to them.

To relax? I try to sleep. I play cards some times.

When I see fit, Which is often.

I would die for Rime, And only that.

14. What frightens you?
Failure.

A necklace.

16. Who have you loved?
I've loved my work, That is all.

17. What are your goals?
To Serve the warlord in till my death.

I don't know. Fighting on some other Island.

Sleep.

On most people? The normally hate me when they first see me for two reasons, I work for Rime, Second, I'm big and Intimidating.

Good Idea of Marriage? I have no Idea, I doubt I'll be married.

How long I've survived

Ashamed of? I cannot say there is anything that I'm ashamed of doing.

I spend time with the person I admire already, This question is useless.

I cannot say, I never knew them.

I find following the gods is only a simple reason for light in the dark. I've learned the gods have not created the Kerra, I hold no ties to them what so ever.

No, There isn't, Next question.

I was betrayed by a Brother in arms. I've learned not to put so much faith into people.

I don't have one.

I've forced four people to beat their friend to death with their hands to teach them a lesson.

"Here lies Danasseus, He went down fighting."

. . . Perhaps one that doesn't mind what I do for a living?

I thought you asked this already?

...Are you beginning to repeat yourself? This is the second time you've asked me nearly the same questions.

I'm stronger and bigger than most. Least? I'm bigger than most, Some things are not made for people of my size.

My life? It is good. I would change the hours I'm needed, Some extra rest would be nice.

Am I lying to myself? No.

Kraurog
Visitor

Post by Kraurog » 06/28/10

Name's Kraurog Skullhammer. Vin calls me Rog. Don't like fake names.
2. Where were you born?
Dunno.
It was me an' my father an' mother, is all. They're good warriors.
Good. Spent a lotta time in the Nektulous, wrestlin' bears.
Father taught me how ta fight, an' taught me Krombral. Mother taught me Common. Father used ta tell me of his ancestors. Got giant blood in me, ya know. There was a giant, Father's great great great great grandfather. Name was Gruntor Bouldercrush. Great warrior, he was.
Saw the Shatterin'. Saw my mother an' father get crushed by the rocks from the sky. Spent some time wit' Nightfall cousins. They made me my weapons, Mountainbane and Hillcrusher. They taught me the ways of giants. They taught me more of Rallos, of Tallon and Vallon. They spoke of the wretched Quellious an' dastardly Plaguebringer, of their followers.
Born in conflict, the world was. In conflict, it shall end.
Left ta Freeport. For work. For money. Made money from bein' a mercenary.
Was part of the Nightfalls. Then mercenary. Still a mercenary.
I crush things for coin with Vinny. I'm a warrior! Taught by my father.
I drink, an' if I'm not drinkin', I'm uprootin' trees.
If I'm paid ta. Or if they pissed me off.
Nothin'. 'Cept maybe Vin. If I wasn't pissed at 'im.
14. What frightens you?
Amygdalans. They're scary.
My weapons.
16. Who have you loved?
Mother. She was nice ta me, more'n father.
17. What are your goals?
Make some coin, ya know? Fight some. Get stronger.
Same place I am now.
Uhh. I dunno. Sleep, prob'ly.
They think I'm a monster. I am, too. Big as a giant, stronger'n mos' people I know. After they know me for a while... Well, look at Vinny. He thinks I'm pretty fun, ya know. 'Specially in battle.
Naah.
Uhh. Jus' about everythin'.
Not a lot.
Gruntor Bouldercrush! Great Nightfall warrior. I'd like ta fight 'em.
Uhh. Yeah, I think.
Rallos is the strongest! He warred with the Greater Elemental God, the Rathe! Killed 'em all, even if they came back!
Crush a mountain. By myself. Dunno what'd happen. Probably lots of destroyed houses from the rollin' chunks of rock.
Killed an employer. Smacked him off the edge of a spike pit. Got Dread Guards after me. I smacked 'em off, too. Learned not ta piss off the Guard. 'Fore I smacked 'em, their blades hurt.
Vinny! He's a sarnak. Big as an ogre, an' really spikey an' with horns on his face, an' a beak. He gave me my armor! All magma-made an' stuff.
Stepped on 'em. Accident.
Here lies Kraurog Skullhammer, Slayer of Vilucidae the Priest of Thule. Kraurog, the Slayer of Kaelfor the Dreaded. Kraurog, Son of Banetor Bloodguzzler, Great Great Great Great Grandson of Gruntor Bouldercrush, who slaughtered the Great Dragoon Kyl'Xal Syr'Vyl'Tas of Neriak.
Ogre woman. Big. Rallosian. Strong as two minotaurs.
Amygdalans. 'Specially Vilucidae. Heard about him from a Iksar. Want to conquer that fear.
Me.
Strong as five minotaurs, I am! I like my great size, but I can't fit through stupid human and elf doors.
My life is as good as it ever will be. Wish I could fit through the doors of the homes, though. Would like to buy one. Might have to get one in Neriak; doors are bigger, there. Maybe Gorowyn. Vinny's from Gorowyn.
Ain't lyin' ta myself.

Tealeanna
Honored Patron
Honored Patron

Post by Tealeanna » 07/10/10

Tealeanna Fairberry. Most people call me Anna or Girl now.

2. Where were you born?
I was born in the royal courts of Kelethin

I have a very large family. Four brothers and two sisters that are full blooded relations.

Fun mostly. Running around the courts and causing mischief

I would have gotten the best education, if I paid more attention. I hate school.

Only what my parents wished me to see.

I believe in many things.

I am not comfortable answering this question

I was born a Countess.

Crafting mostly. I learned by watching.

Drinking, Dancing, Reading, 'Relations', Crafting

Money.

Love.

14. What frightens you?
Heights

My body

16. Who have you loved?
I have loved and been loved. None was at the same time.

17. What are your goals?
Make a stable life and not to be put on the way side.

A mother and mate.

That sounds like my normal day.

What do you think?

I will never be married. I have been mated. But a good marriage is a hard working husband and a caring wife.

How far I have come

Nothing I would let you know

Tunare.

No

About the gods? They will be back, they are a driving force, though many dont see it.

Yes. I would probably hurt many people in the way.

I dont wish to speak on the subject.

He is the sweetest Dark Elf in Norrath. He is so silly and caring.

Tried to kill them.For my own gain.

That's a little morbid. I don't care as long as it makes me look good.

Powerful, strong, brave, and handsome.

Being alone

The most important thing in my life right now is my new family.

I like my looks and dislike..I dont know..

There are things I would like to change, but it's not my place as a woman to change them.

If I'm lying to myself, how would I know the truth?
Last edited by Tealeanna on 07/11/10, edited 1 time in total.

Torryn
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Torryn » 07/10/10

The over-sized Feir'Dal takes a seat, a large tankard of warm mead cradled in his hands...

Torryn Woodsrunner. Friends call me Tor. Others have called me The Jade Tiger, The Night Ranger of Kelethin, Scion of Growth, and the Last Faydark Champion, among other things. No alias'...not that I'd give them up if I had any.

2. Where were you born?
I was born in Kelethin, Greater Faydark, during the Age of Turmoil.

My family was typical for Feir'Dal. I had an older brother, who died far too young defending Kelethin from the Crushbone.

I suppose it was typical also...learning the ways of the forest without falling out of the trees, that sort of thing.

'Formal' education didn't exist in Feir'Dal culture of my day. We learned from each other, wherever knowledge could be gained. Spend one day with a huntsman, another with a tailor. When you found what you were most interested in, there was usually someone around to teach it to you. As far as role models? I suppose my greatest role model was Maesyn Trueshot, leader of the Faydark Champions.

Greater Faydark was something of a merchant haven back then, so there was always an influx of other races and cultures. You had a diversity of religions just with the native races of the Faydark...Tunare, Mithaniel Marr, Brell, Bristlebane...always a mixed bag.

That's a pretty vague question. So here's an equally vague answer...Balance.

The path of the Ranger means you're on the move. While you may have home territory, and you may have a home, you're never stationary for very long. That's why I left...because it's what I was meant to do.

My position is oft times outside of 'society'. Rangers aren't commonly comfortable in cities for long periods. Was true back then, still rings true now. At least for me.

What little coin I need, I can make either hunting or by selling hand-crafted furniture. The skills I have are primarily self-taught this time around. I didn't have the advantage of the Kelethin dynamic this time, so I learned by doing things for others around Qeynos and her outlying districts.

I read, I explore, I learn. A sure path to stagnation is to not be learning something all the time, because there is always something else to learn.

Again, too vague a question. There are many circumstances where I'll take up sword or bow. So again, I'll give you a vague answer...under justifiable circumstances.

They give you a class in 'vague'? Let me tell you something. If you're gonna be willing to kill, you have to be willing to die for the same thing, because it's not guaranteed you're gonna be the one who walks away. That being said...there's quite a lot I'd be willing to die for.

14. What frightens you?
Blind ignorance, unabashed arrogance. I've seen firsthand what they lead to.

My intellect, and my principles. As long as I have both, I can replace damn near anything material.

16. Who have you loved?
What, you want me to name names? Not without their permission, sorry. There are, however, those I love...and I would hope they know who they are.

17. What are your goals?
To balance myself out of a job. To be able to retire relatively whole and intact, with a family that can tolerate a Ranger who's rooted.

I don't. Picturing myself in the future doesn't make things happen. It doesn't keep things from happening. That's done now, in the present.

Sit under a tree near a rushing river and read. Maybe fish a little. Nap out on a limb. Little things.

How the hells am I supposed to know? Not like they rush up and tell me. I suppose if they're hanging around, it must not have been too bad, huh?

21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that will happen in your life?
A good marriage is built on respect for each other and your individual ideals. It's already happened for me once...I'm fairly confident it will happen again.

A son and a daughter.

Falling victim to the arrogance that ran rampant through the Age of Turmoil, and allowing that arrogance to cause my separation from my family and my colleagues.

I refuse to answer that question because I have that opportunity frequently, and am not inclined to screw it up by making them a media celebrity.

Yes.

They exist. They are just as fallible as we are, just operating on a higher frame of power. No one is any more or less powerful than another, nor is any one more or less important. A wise individual will learn as much as they can about all of them, and how they all fit into their life.

Nothing really comes to mind, so I've either done it, or haven't thought of it yet.

I won't drag out the full details. But I learned the folly of overconfidence and arrogance.

Not if I'd like to keep them, which I would.

I left a group of slavers in the hands of their former captives, who I armed. Need I explain why?

"Don't think for one minute that I'm not getting up. Make it five minutes."

One that can tolerate me. Enough said.

I'm not 'afraid' of anything. Do I have fears? Certainly, though I'm not about to share them. There's a difference between having fears, and being afraid. Having fears keeps you alive. Being afraid gets you killed.

What, so every random gnoll-brain looking to make a name for themselves can go after it, and by extension, me? Do I look that stupid?

My ability to dodge inane questions. My inability to avoid inane interviews.

I'm good. I'm where I need to be, doing what I need to be doing, with people I enjoy being with.

Now if I were lying to myself about something, do you really think I'd let myself know about it? I'd be incredibly pissed at myself if I found out I were lying to me. I mean, what have I ever done to me to deserve that kind of treatment?

Tseraje
Visitor

Post by Tseraje » 07/24/10

Hi :)

I took some liberties with the interview and made it more of a dialogue exchange in places. Just for fun. Hope you guys like it!

I am Tseraje Innurae Dorath’Ka, born of V’Taris. I think that should suffice for the purposes of this question.

2. Where were you born?

Which time?

2b. I don’t follow…

Then I will not venture into that territory. Neriak. Continue if you wish.

I had a pupil. And a mate. They are no longer mine.

Expedient.

The best of its kind. In fact, my education was the only thing of quality I ever truly possessed.

My role models… they did not turn out to be as I had revered. Naming them would be pointless. Continue.

I don’t believe that you have enough time for me to provide you with an accurate account with its proper context, but I will do my best to summarize with clarity: I’ve been around.

That beliefs are foolhardy substitutes for knowing.

I didn’t have a choice.

8b. Would you care to elaborate?

I would not.

I am a gladiator, and a servant to my lady. I have worn many mantles and been deemed many things.

I have no need of money. My lady provides everything I need, and no more.

I am a warrior and a rarely defeated gladiator. I do not mean to boast, nor am I arrogant in this declaration. It is a simple fact.

Every day, every moment, every action has something to teach us. I will never close my mind to their constant tutelage.

I used to dance.

11a.And now?

I provide vague answers to strangers asking prying questions.

11b. Do you want to stop? We don’t have to continue if you’re uncomfortable.

No. I find it an acceptable temporary distraction. Please, continue.

Any, should they prove ripe and necessary for it.

My lady.

14. What frightens you?

Eternity. And small spaces. Crowds are also unpleasant, unless it’s on a battlefield.

Tseraje instinctively reaches for the small amulet hanging just above her breast. “I don’t have such things.”

16. Who have you loved?

Those who are now and have been dead.

16a. Uh, would you mind clarifying that?

I don’t know what you mean. The answer is what it is. It wasn’t a riddle.

17. Ok, moving on. What are your goals?

To end.

I try not to.

I would… I’ve never had such a thought before. Nevertheless, I’ll never have that luxury. Your question is moot. Continue.

I would not presume to know their answers to that question.

20a. Fair enough. But what do you think their first impression is? How do you perceive others’ perceptions?

I think they see the thing I was, and the shadow I am. As time carries on, I believe they come to see the hollow in me, but it is impossible for them to understand.

Your questions are getting better. Please, continue.

Perhaps I was too quick with my praise, hm?

There is no such thing as a good marriage. It exists only in human fantasies and poems.

I was proud of my pupil.

My continued existence.

Nauria D’Lurian. She… I miss her counsel.

At this, Tseraje cracks a smile that escapes her stoic poise as hearty laughter. The warrior quickly regains her composure.

“Continue.”

I believe nothing. I know they aren’t able to be known, and thus incapable of being trusted. They are to be feared and regarded cautiously.

Are you really so obtuse?

27b.Excuse me?

I’d cease to be.

Tseraje seems genuinely taken aback by the question. She shakes her head seemingly to deny the question then unexpectedly speaks.

“I loved and trusted… It was my undoing.

“I learned the greatest lesson. Nothing is ever meant to be bound and unchanged.”

It’s been so long since I have seen or spoken with her. I wouldn’t know if what I said was true or false in this time. I will not betray her with baseless assumptions.

I loved him in return. No—not him, a different man… nevermind, it’s complicated.

30b. Oh no, complicated’s good. Complicated’s juicy. Go on.

You’re most fortunate that I am bound by an oath of non violence in this hall.

31. Okie dokie then. Let’s move on, shall we? What would you like it to say on your tombstone?

A lingering reminder of my existence to withstand ages more… I’d rather not.

31b. Rather not what?

Leave a demi-immortal mark of myself in stone, as I’ve already lived long enough to want death, which I believe I clarified quite thoroughly…

You stopped listening, have you?

Am I really that dull?

Oh, delirously handsome with eyes that shine like the ocean under a full moon, a heart of eternal gold, and a true connection to himself that renders him courageously unafraid to cry when hurt, or weep when overjoyed. Such a man could melt the icy shell from my heart and open my eyes to beauty of life and the fortune I have been bestowed to still have it, long after everyone I have ever loved or cared for have all perished into the dusts of war and rotted in natural decay.

32b. The sarcasm’s a bit thick, and unnecessary.

I thought it was rather amusing.

33. Well, that explains why you’re still single after all this time. Moving on! What are you most afraid of?

Not what they’d do to me if I broke that oath, just this once.

33b. Hehe, ummm… I’m sorry?

The blood.

33c. Excuse me?

The answer to your question regarding my fear. I’m afraid of the blood.

34. Nope, no further explanation needed there. Let’s see, “what’s the most important thing…” You know, I’m not really sure you want to even hear the rest of these questions so why don’t we call it and I’ll just be on my way, ok?

Aren’t we near the end of your interview? Let us finish what we’ve started.

34b. Uh, all right, if you insist. What's the most important thing in your life? What do you value most?

My life.

34c. What?

Tseraje gives the faintest of smiles, playful as it is able to be.

“I was just amusing myself again. I value those who have cared in spite of knowing the consequences.”

I like myself in equal parts, in equal sums.

35. Truly? I mean, there’s nothing of yourself you’d like to improve?

It’ll be winter soon. My bones ach in the cold, and my joints stiffen slightly, affecting my agility. I could stand to improve my weather tolerance. There are no snow days in war and combat.

36. Well, that’s not really what I meant but hey, it’s something! I think that last line could be the northmen’s motto… How do you feel about your life right now? What, if anything, would you like to change?

You’ve endured this very admirably, so I’ll disregard the irritating redundancies in your questioning.

I’d change my past, so that I died when he… left. The first one, I mean, not him that I cruelly loved.

Yes… and no. Everything and none of it. Them-how I came here, as I am, what I am…

I look to place blame elsewhere—and I am not beyond my justification to do so—but it is mine twice fold to bear, for I agreed, I abdicated, I allowed… all of it.

Forgive me.

Yezra

Post by Yezra » 07/27/10

For Sirreth

Sirreth Yez'Ra. Known to the performing world as the Black Bard. Though sometimes my parents called me Naam. I don't know what it means; it's not Thexian.

2. Where were you born?

Neriak.

My blood family? Only one I really know is my father. No siblings, unless you count Tiichi...my blood mother left once I was weaned. She only had me for political purposes, you understand. The House had to have an heir. And since I was male, there were no others.

Father is father. Doubtless you've heard of him. He was often busy with his work, but somehow he found the time for me, too.

Lonely. I was the heir. I wasn't supposed to associate with those lower than me, so I was usually off on my own somewhere. At least, until I was given a personal slave. We got in a lot of trouble together. Those were good times.

I was trained in what my father was trained in. Martial combat, sneaky stuff. Some politics, too; I hated those classes.

No role models among the teachers. They were narrow-minded. Cruel. My father, now...I admired him, but now I know I barely knew him. I still admire him, though. Just a little.

Not much. My father would tell me stories about Faydark when he wasn't busy...but he was busy a lot.

Believe in? ...life goes on. It's shit for a while, but then it gets better. ..It always gets better. As long as there's good somewhere in the world, I can go on.

The certainty...that something is inside every one of us, that's greater than all of us. And it's that part that makes us do great things, for good or evil. Makes us who we are. Important, but only as threads are to a tapestry. I-I can't explain it. It goes beyond words. It's so much larger than I think any mortal could imagine. It's what keeps me going.

It got to be too much. But it's not something I share with strangers.

I was born into the lower nobility. Never knew the nobility had only started with my father, and wasn't part of a long family history, like it is for most nobles. When I left...I had nothing. Knew nothing. It was rough. Still is sometimes, but at least I can support myself now.

I work at the Wayfinder's, and wherever else I can get a break, as a storyteller. Sometimes I run messages, or wait tables, things like that. I don't sing.

I always had stories running through my head. The only thing I had to learn was how to make them more interesting for others.

I read, I write. Sometimes make music. But mostly, I just sit and think.

If they were going to kill me. If there was no other way.

I'm not afraid of death, only of bad endings...so I guess the answer would be, "a lot".

14. What frightens you?

Manipulators. Liars.

I keep everything in my notebook. Stories, thoughts, notes, anything that can be written down. If I lost it, I would lose years.

16. Who have you loved?

A viper and three birds.

17. What are your goals?

Being alive tomorrow is a good one, I think.

Same place I am now. But maybe with a family. Maybe.

Mm...I'd take a hot bath, go walking, write a story. In no particular order.

Quiet waters run deep is the phrase, I believe. Some people think my quietness is from arrogance. Or weakness. I don't waste words, but the warmth is there. And those who know me well know where to look for it.

Giving and taking equally. Looking out for each other. I won't get my hopes up.

I don't know. One of my stories, maybe.

I once broke a friend's heart, by being blind. Destroyed more, in the same blindness.

A friend. Or family member. I wouldn't want to spend a whole day with a stranger, no matter who they are.

I don't know what they expected. I'm not who I was a few years ago. And I won't turn out like they did, I don't think.

They're all part of the same thing. Like a mortal, split into pieces. When we follow a god, they are not us. They only can teach us things we want to know...things we want to change in ourselves. They're like a book, not a master or a mirror.

Can't think of anything off-hand.

I don't want to talk about it. I learned many lessons, most of them painful.

Stubborn jackass of a feir'dal. ...but a stout friend. He's there when I need him, but he never pries.

I didn't kill them. I tore their reputation apart. I saw their fears, climbed up them to their heart, and shattered them there. It wasn't out of revenge; I never wanted what they did to me, to be done to anyone else, ever again.

As long as they get the names and dates right...

Forgiving. And...deep. Complex, you know, like a story. But never cruel.

You asked that already. I'm not repeating it.

Spirit. Mine or others. It never breaks.

Ironically, it's the same thing. My capacity for emotion, to see a soul. I see what others don't. But then, most think I'm crazy for it. And sometimes even I wonder.

I'd change the past. But I can't. So I prefer not to think about it.

My worth. In what direction, I couldn't tell you.
Last edited by Yezra on 09/09/10, edited 1 time in total.

Vadia
Visitor

Post by Vadia » 08/13/10

My name is Vadia K'Shyyk. I don't bother telling most Qeynosian, nor would they have reason to care, I suppose. They usually just call me Darkskin.

2. Where were you born?

In Neriak.

My family... it's complicated. I have a mother and a father, and I had a brother. No use talking about him, however. Not much use talking about any of them now. They may as well be dead to me, and I'm sure they feel the same.

It was... I'm not sure how to describe it. My brother and I were rivals of a sort. Our parents were present, but I got the most attention. I don't think my brother liked that much. I didn't care much either way. I only really cared about fighting from the moment I found out I was good at swinging a weapon.

I had a good education, depending on your perspective. I learned a lot of the world, I was taught of the dirty surfacers and all those kinds of things. I know it's not like that, of course, but my family was wealthy, and I got the best they could afford. Not that I was particularly interested in much of it.

Not much. Apart from the things taught in my classes, mostly distorted by the Tier'dal perspective, I didn't really see much of the world or races.

I... believe in myself. I hold no particular devotion towards any deity, if that's what you mean. I know they've returned to us, but... I don't revere any one. They all have their place, I suppose.

I had my eyes opened. It's not very long ago, so it's not very pleasant to talk about. Let's change the topic.

In Neriak's society? I had a fairly high standing, both because of my family and my skills with weapons. Nowadays, I'm a carpenter. I don't mind. I miss the expensive clothes a little, but... I'll survive.

I'm a carpenter, as I said. I make simple furniture, and sell it for a bit of coin. The materials are usually easy enough to come by. Weapon skills, I was taught the basics by some teachers. But most experience and practice taught me. The carpenting... Let's just say I'm still learning.

I read. I have a few books I enjoy reading. Other than that, I found out I enjoy carpenting. I was quite surprised by that. It passes the time and practice makes me better.

Is this really important? I'd kill if I found it necessary.

I don't know. I could say I'd die for love. I could say I'd die for money, for justice, for peace... but I don't know. I'd die if I was meant to die.

14. What frightens you?

Ratonga. There's something about them... I don't fear them as such, but they make my skin crawl. Beyond that, plenty of things. But it's the ability to steel yourself that's important.

My old sword, I think. It doesn't look like much, but it's the best I've had.

16. Who have you loved?

I'm not sure I've loved many. I've loved my family. I've had a few affairs... but those are more lust than love, I suppose. Not many.

17. What are your goals?

I just want to settle down, really. Qeynos is one of the best places to settle down for one like myself. While not everyone is equally welcoming, it's a relatively peaceful place to live. I enjoy the quiet. Mostly.

In Qeynos. Possibly traveling, who knows. I doubt it'll be very different from now. I may become a renowned carpenter! *brief laughter* Probably not. But who knows what the future brings?

I'd go into the sun, wear something white to avoid baking, and then I'd read a book. I'd probably enjoy a good, warm halfling meatpie as well. I may go watch some of the kids play. But then again, I'd probably get run off by angry parents. *another brief laugh*

I'm assuming it's something along 'dark elf spy' or something like that. I don't know. I haven't really asked anyone. I suppose that's a good question.

The ceremony? Excuse me while I get sappy for a moment. In the middle of the night, with the bride and groom wearing whites. They should be illuminated by the flickering light of candles for all of the audience to see. The audience should not be more radiant than the ones getting wed, so there should be considerably less lighting for them. Then, there should be food and dance, preferably with the food halflings cook, and with pleasant music.

As for the marriage itself... passionate. As long as it's only occasionally of the tempestuous kind. Marriages without an occasional fight are simply not passionate enough. And from what I've heard, those without may get boring quickly. So yes, passionate in any way, and caring, of course.

As for me? I don't know. I've never felt a particular need to settle down with any one person yet.

That I left Neriak. It was a good decision, I believe.

That is a personal matter.

Someone I admire... I don't know. I don't know many people here. And none are worthy of my admiration in Neriak that I know of.

*Laugh* Not at all, not at all. They had probably initially expected me to be a doll. Then, I turned out to be a warrior. -Then- I turned out to be a traitor to their way of life.

They're... not of our world. I don't know what else to say. They're significant, but in a distant way.

I always wanted to slay a dragon or some other great beast that would really peak my fighting skills. I'd... I don't know now. I'd probably just make a trophy out of it and let it be that.

Again, this is a personal thing that I'd rather not talk about. I had my eyes opened, and I learned that Neriak isn't a place for me. Let's leave it at this.

I don't have any. Not yet, at least.

I left someone to be devoured by vampires once because he crossed me. I don't feel bad about it, however. I never did then, and... well, I know it was wrong now, but I don't feel bad about it. I wouldn't do it again, however.

That I was a skilled warrior who had a long life and a good death.

Oh. I... I don't know, really. I'd say it was to be a... an attractive person. And with fear of sounding sappy, someone who would make a good counterpart to me. Not necessarily someone who shares everything with me, but someone who can support me on most, and oppose me on a few things. As I said, it has to be passionate and passion shows itself in opposition as well as support.

What I'm most afraid of? I don't know. Nothing stands out more than the rest, that I can think of right now.

I value my life. Now, I'm not a narcissist or anything in the sort, but I have nothing else to value, except my skills, I suppose. I enjoy being alive, and I prefer staying alive, if given the choice. Not at any cost, however.

I like my skills, focused on killing as they are. I've trained hard to get them, and just because I'm in Qeynos it does not mean that I'm not proud of them. I'm a fighter at heart, but I'm trying to settle down.

What I like least... I hate my temper. Though I keep it inside, it's there. And it begins boiling too easily. I do my best not to act on it.

I feel... I feel good about my life. As it is, it could get improvements, but it can't easily get worse for me. I'm somewhat poor, I'm an inexperienced carpenter... it can only really go up.

I'm not. I don't know what I'd be lying to myself about. I admit to myself freely that I enjoy fighting and what comes with it. But I don't do it wantonly.

Sibelle
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Sibelle » 08/25/10

Sibelle Vallo.

Sometimes people call me Sibby (my mother did) or Belle. I don't mind either, but I've only ever really used an alias once.

2. Where were you born?

Freeport, halfway in an alley, and halfway in a shack as I hear it.

None.

My mother took care of me as best as she could, until I was eleven and her life was taken. My father walked out before I was born, and they weren't married.

Miserable.

When I was eleven, I had the benefit of learning from a Necromancer who was quite skilled, it saved my life ironically.

I spent a good deal of time in Neriak, so you could stay I understand -their- culture very well.

I follow Anashti Sul. It's hard for most people to understand the connection that I feel, but I believe, were I a goddess? I would be very much like she is. Considering the threads of my life were woven to be short, and end tragically.. I find my appreciation for death, and life itself is far greater than some.

For life, though I wouldn't say I exactly -had- a home.

I would say it has scarcely changed, if it has changed at all. I went from being a small parasite, seeking life and finding death to becoming a larger parasite, who seeks life, and brings death.

Occasionally I do odd jobs for people, I once worked as a scribe for a Nerian scholar. I have also facilitated the romance of several Nerian citizens, and mended the tragic affairs of already existing couples.

I read when I can afford to, mostly romance.. I also study, and keep a record of things. That helps relax me, and keep a focus on things.

Really? You have to ask this question? Sibelle pauses, laughing loudly for a moment before covering her mouth and looking embarassed.

Nothing, no one. Although, I do know that it is very likely inevitable. But I will do my best to prevent it as long as possible. Through whatever means.

14. What frightens you?

I would prefer not to discuss that.

I would also prefer -not- to discuss that. Are you trying to rob me?

16. Who have you loved?

Um.. The human girl looks off, nibbling her lip in a genuinely uncomfortable manner.

Next question?

17. What are your goals?

I don't exactly see the point in advertising these. They're private, and none of your Ro-be-damned business.

Much the same as I am now, perhaps richer and with more resources at my disposal.

Read.

That I am terrifying, disgusting, a crime against nature.. Need I go on?

Sometimes I am still terrifying, disgusting and a crime against nature. But usually they learn I am very polite.

21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that will happen in your life?

I dream of such a thing, but I doubt it will. I believe each marriage is unique.

Um...

Is that really worth asking? Doing what I do has a rather large impact on one's socialization and any 'personal life' I might have is a fantasy in my head.

Anashti Sul, possibly Mayong Mistmoore, just for the sake of curiosity. Then maybe, some Authors. I wouldn't mind seeing my mother again, I have a feeling she would be horrified.

Or proud.

Ahahaha.

I believe that we mere mortals (and some of us Immortals) are without the ability to operate without their influence, even when they are gone, or we worship another. Love transcends the boundaries of hate, and so on and so forth.

Yes, but I'd really prefer not to go into detail about it.. It's embarrassing.

.. Do I need to answer this? It's not like it's a big secret.

Cordelia is a wonderful companion.. But she doesn't talk much.

..Um, not answering this one!

"Pray to Sul, I do not wake up." - Sibelle Vallo

I.. Ah. Well he would be handsome? Her cheeks flush a bright rosy color, and she covers her mouth..

Next question please!

I already told you I am not answering this.

Life itself.

I think my hips, maybe. That or my hands, or maybe my breasts.. I mean, not to be vain or anything. But if I had to pick something..

I feel..good. I am alive, aren't I?

Yes. Not going to tell you, that would be being honest with myself.

Radwan
Honored Patron
Honored Patron

Post by Radwan » 08/25/10

Radwan. *He smirks a little.* Plenty of aliases, plenty of other names, but none that need to be dug up at current. It's just Radwan for now.

2. Where were you born?
I hardly remember, and I think my mother enjoyed changing the story when she told me. I assume I was born in some random village outside of Qeynos, or possibly the forest outside such a village. No where extravagant, in any case.

No siblings, nor do I consider myself to have a family at current, as it were.

Peaceful and generic.

*He holds an amused smile briefly, though it becomes increasingly more bemused as he taps his lips thoughtfully, finally fading with a look of uncertainty as he shifts somewhat uncomfortably in the seat.*
People will always have an effect on you. Certainly, there were role models in my upbringing and education, but I don't care to discuss that either really. Let's move on?

*He chuckles a little* I made it a mission to expose myself once I was independent. I enjoyed getting to experience new things and meet and understand new people and cultures. I still do! I love finding oddities.

What do I believe in? *He arches a brow.* Plenty! I believe in what I can feel and see and hear, and even a bit of things I can't. You'll have to be more specific really.

I left because I found it too confining. Peaceful, happy, yes, but confining. I know that while I was sheltered with good intentions, I simply didn't want to be sheltered. Granted, I've taken a good deal of punishment and sadness out in the world, but I think it's worth it for all you get in return. I still highly recommend getting out of one's shell, just keep a bit of responsibility in tow. I didn't. *He grins almost proudly.*

As matters of society and status go, I'm no one. I always have been no one, and I imagine it will continue that way, to be honest.

*He smirks a little smugly even.* Probably best not to answer that. Don't want to get arrested today really.

Relaxing is a very easy thing. An interesting conversation, a pretty face, a good drink. As long as you have somewhere to sit and think, one can find relaxation I think. But people always make it better.

*He perks a brow once more, taking just a moment to consider.* To defend myself, or otherwise preserve my life, without a second thought. Or if there was enough money on the line. I don't generally do it for fun, it can make people angry, and I don't like that sort of trouble. But I wouldn't say I flinch at the idea all the same.

*He drags his tongue over his teeth briefly, his expression seeming to suggest the question is slightly absurd. He responds with a vaguely sarcastic tone, though more serious and less playful this time.* I'm sorry, was that a trick question? No, I honestly can't think of anything, sorry.

14. What frightens you?
Spiders. *He says this with utter seriousness, quite deadpan. A casual smile quickly breaks out again after a moment's pause however.* No really... another silly question I think. Do people really just spill all those details? No thank you, give me another question!

*He arches a brow again.* My life, I suppose?

16. Who have you loved?
*A smirk, rolling his eyes.* Next question.

17. What are your goals?
Nothing big... I'd love to be wealthy and loved without having to work for it, or have any responsibilities attached... *He grins cheekily.* Nothing big, as I said.

Probably not independently wealthy and loved, unfortunately.

Are you kidding? I'd like to think of every day as such! *He beams* If you're so curious, you can always join me and find out exactly what that entails. *He smirks.*

I'd like to think they find me charming and enjoyable to be around. I certainly try to be open and easy to get along with, though it's hard to do so if the folk are overly... moral. *He chuckles, coughing into a hand.* I can't say... I don't have many long-lasting acquaintances to ask. I suppose that means I'm too much of an annoying sod to stick around with? *He shrugs amiably.*

*Radwan just throws back his head and cackles loudly in amusement.*

Oh? A slightly more interesting question.. I'm proud of all the beautiful women... and men... I've had the privilege of getting to understand on a more intimate level. *He smiles cheekily.*

*He snorts a little waving a hand dismissively* I wouldn't dream of discussing that!

*He bites his lip, actually looking momentarily flustered and even shy.* I, ah... well, probably shouldn't answer that. Next question, please?

*Again, he laughs heartily, though manages to stop himself after a moment, still snickering a bit.* Nooooooo... no no. Definitely not. I'm not sure what they expected, but I'm sure it wasn't this.

I... believe they exist? For better or for worse. I believe I don't want to be on their bad side. *He smiles a little, suggesting that's about it.*

I'm sure I could think of something. It would probably be best not to mention it in polite company however. I'm sure nothing earth-shattering would happen if it did go through though. *He grins.*

*He smirks a little.* Ah yes, this is the part where I'm supposed to give a little lecture for the readers, a 'don't do as I do'? Hmm.... I've done a lot of bad things... lots... for not very good reasons. Had bad things happen too, just bad luck. I could pick something I suppose... but let someone else answer this, let's move on.

Can't even name a mediocre friend, unfortunately.

Hmm, ruined their career, broke up their marriage, and made them ostracized by society, all at the same time. *He beams proudly.* Why? Because he was a jack ass, that's why. Do I need a better reason? He deserved it, and that's that.

*He shrugs a little.* 'Here lies a handsome m***** f*****, don't you feel sorry you never knew him' how about?

Sexy, daring, exciting, playful, sensual, powerful, wealthy, spontaneous, unafraid, witty, sharp, good in the sack... wait, why are you stopping me? I thought you liked detailed answers! And I have so much more to say-! Oh, you realized I wasn't going to stop, did you? Very well, let's move on, I'll write up a list for you later...

That's not- wait, didn't you already ask that? Cheeky monkey! -Next- question. Please. *He laughs.*

I thought there was a similar question to this earlier as well... Ah well. My own life, of course. The ability to still be living it. *He shrugs.* Everything else is included in that, but second to it all the same.

I look great in leather. Really, you should see my ass! Or did you mean in general, not just physical? *He grins, looking off thoughtfully.* Sometimes I wish I was a little taller, but that's not really important. *A pause* I'd like to be able to use magic too... it just seems fascinating and wickedly powerful... I'd miss the leather though. *He sticks out his tongue, grinning.*

Again, as I've said before, I'd like to be independently wealthy. I'm not sure that's something you can just change though. *He smirks.* I wouldn't mind being spoiled by someone else who was wealthy though, that would be a good substitute as well, perhaps easier to find. Why are you looking at me like that?

*He perks a brow, his 'silly question' expression returning as he tries to gauge whether the interviewer is serious or not.* That's the question you end this with, really? Shame... Of course I don't lie to myself. I really -am- just fantastic. Some people just can't see it. *He grins broadly, though it's obvious he might not be wholly serious either.*

Arishai
Visitor

Post by Arishai » 08/26/10

The dark elf smiles, her eyes glimmering. I have many names, most of them unpleasant. Commonly, I am called the Silent Falcon. Those who know me well may refer to me as Arisha Kyri'Orn.

2. Where were you born?
"Neriak. I will say no more on the matter."

"My family history streches far back, to the days of Old Neriak. We are a family of mages and assassins." She pauses, before changing to the subject of siblings. "I had none growing up, and I count none not related as a sister.

"Harsh and unforgiving. I studied the ways of my ancestors, and trained in their arts. I live, and lived in a dangerous world, and I acted as such as a child."

"I recived little education, as my parents believed I was smart enough to teach myself. They were right. As for role models, I always looked up to the assassins of the Ebon Mask, and followed their teachings."

"None. I wasn't allowed to leave Neriak until I reached adulthood."

"Myself, the Tribunal, and doing what you belive is right. Note that I didn't say right. What you belive is right."

"Something I would rather not ask about. Next question." She glares irritably as she says it.

"Outside of my family, I am nobody, and never have been. Inside the family, I am their last heir."

"I am an assassin, trained by myself. Along with... er, certain abilities, I am no more than a simple assassin. Some have told me I have skill with alchemy."

"I enjoy alchemy and poison making. If I have nothing better to do, I study."

She rolls her eyes. "I am an assassin. Do I need another reason?"

"Nothing, at the moment. Maybe someone I care about, but nothing else. After all, if you give in to death, you have truely given up, no?"

14. What frightens you?
"Idiocy. It causes more problems than anything ese in the world."

She rolls up her sleeves, revealing tattoos in the form of vines with thorns. "These. They give me a gift, and they remind me of my family."

16. Who have you loved?
"I cannot afford to love, as it would hinder me."

17. What are your goals?
"To find a true place in the world."

"If I could see the future, my life would be one hell of alot better."

"These days never happen, y'know. But I suppose I would relax, and enjoy life."

20. What impression do you make on people when they first meet you? How about after they've known you for a while? "Ask them, not me. They're the ones with the impressions of me."

"Marriage happens to other people, not me."

"Nothing. Pride is often ones downfall. If I had to say something, it would be my dedication to my work."

"The reasons I fight. They are selfish."

"I couldn't tell you, as I wouldn't be able to choose."

"I dedicated my entire childhood to the perfection of what my parents wished me to be. I think it's safe to say thy''d be proud."

"I think they deserve respect, and nothing more."

"Cant think of anything."

"My... erm, departure of Neriak. I learned that carelessness can get killed."

"Friends... something I could use alot more of."

Her mouth curls into a horrible smile. "You don't want to know, let's leave it at that."

"Her death was a mercy. Let her rest here, in peace."

She blushes, her cheeks turning a dusky black. "I would not care, so long as they loved me and accepted me."

"You asked already, right? Next."

"Currently? My life."

She shrugs. "I dunno. My wits best, and my body least, I guess."

"Why don't we say I'm not a fan of my current state, and leave it at that."

"What's the point of lying to yourself?"

Lasuru
Resident
Resident

Post by Lasuru » 09/08/10

Lasuru Maral'Cryso, I tend to get called Las, which is fine, but lassy will not be accepted. This is my alias.

2. Where were you born?

Neriak, Indigo Brotherhood Barracks.

I have a sister, my father was a highborn noble, my mother was of the same house. They are very good at what they do.

Full of instruction an training, I was taught well.

Mostly Erudite or Teir'dal teachers, classical education, affairs of court, etiquette an the like. I remember my tactical tutor fondly, he had a great mind.

The erudite affairs around Higborne were a part of my early memories. But my step father often had visitors from most of the cultures of that time, I would often go to court with him, an listen.

A believed in a woman once, she went away.

My parents had to leave, I chose to stay.

I was at one time a Illharess, but that house no longer exists. I maintain the role of Commander of my forces.

Much can be made of a keen mind, a skilled body an a strong soul.

I enjoy Iksar history.

When its needed

Very few, most of them family in some form or another. Life should not be wasted, an death I know too well already.

14. What frightens you?

Hate

My Red Armor

16. Who have you loved?

Audina of course, Taslar in spite of it all.

17. What are your goals?

Raise my family, protect those I need to.

On a throne, always have.

A hot bath, with a good book.

A scholar perhaps, or a teir'dal noble. Most think I am a mother or a submissive personality.

Equals, it has not happened yet. I have a long time live, so its possible.

My forces, shaped by my hand, my house while it stood.

My early years, the blood pain an tears spilled in my name.

Probably one of the ancient Iksar warlords.

Yes, thankfully.

I dont, they exist, some are easier to deal with than others, to give them belief, is to give them power.

I wish I had come back earlier, I would have take Audina for my own.

Being a slave in Halas, I learned just how strong I was.

Audina was a joy to be with one of few I could be myself around. She had a great mind, quirky as it was, a heart, an a wicked imagination

I corrupted my own sister, it was fun at the time, I enjoyed her screams

Come back later

Deep of heart, keen of mind, an equal to meet me at my own level.

As I said before, hate.

My children, I value their life most of all.

My Strength. My Temper.

Life is unpleasant at best currently, I cannot change what happened to my children, I just hope they will heal in time.

Yes, this interview.

Eramacia
Resident
Resident

Post by Eramacia » 09/08/10

1. What is your name? What do people call you? Have you ever gone under an alias? Name's Mace. People call me Mace. I have gone under the alias, "Mace."

2. Where were you born? In an alley behind a Maj'Dulian restaurant.

3. What is your family like? Did you have any siblings? My parents were Far Seas Traders - all their kids were named after spices. I have a twin sister named Nutmeg; we call her Meg.

4. What was your childhood like? I sailed the high seas and had all sorts of adventures. My first love was a dashing pirate captain with one leg and surprisingly excellent dental hygiene.

5. What sort of education did you recieve? Were there significant role models? I attended a finishing school in Neriak, where I learned not only the fine arts of opera and embroidery, but the arts of love. They like to cover all their bases.

6. What sort of exposure did you have to outside events? Other races? Other cultures? Other religions? I worked in a traveling circus that hired all kinds of people. Animals too. I learned to tolerate all kinds of cultures and religions. Don't get me started on the Innoruukian elephant.

7. What do you believe in? Myself.

8. Why did you leave home - or why do you stay? I fell tragically in love with the ringmaster, and also his daughter. Then found out both of them were cheating on me with that damned elephant.

9. What is your position in society? Has this changed over your lifetime? I am a superstar. But that's nothing new. From the moment they found me as a baby in that basket, floating in the Dog Pond, it was obvious that I-- what? Far Seas Traders? Oh yeah. Um they... adopted me. Was who, what now? Oh Meg, right. I... she was in the basket too. Underneath. I nearly squashed the poor girl. Anyway, next question.

10. How do you make money? What sort of skills do you have? Who taught them to you? I get tips and gifts when I perform. I sing and play piano mostly. I also clean up at poker, unless I play against elderly dark elves. I am very skilled in the arts of love, which I learned at... whatever that place was I said earlier. But I don't make money with that, that's just for fun.

11.What do you do to relax? What hobbies do you have? To relax, I get naked with somebody and roll around until I fall asleep. Or drink until I pass out. Or some combination of both. Hobbies? I mess around with brewing some. Also, I tame lions.

12. Under what circumstances would you kill? If I wouldn't get caught, and it was humorous in some way, or there was a lot of money in it.

13. What would you die for? Uh... old age?

14. What frightens you? Old age. Boredom. Children. The idea that I might be nobody special.

15. What is your most prized possession? My heart. Heheh.

16. Who have you loved? Physically? Might be easier to start with who I haven't. Emotionally? Oh damn, do we have to...? Gondorff, all right? The damn poker dealer. We were married for like a month and a half. We were young. I don't wanna talk about it. Also that goddamned elephant.

17. What are your goals? To become a deity. Eramacia Ro, Goddess of Fame. ...why are you laughing?

18. Where do you see yourself in the future? On the Plane of Fame! Giving awesome concerts to my dead worshippers.

19. If you had a free day with no responsibilities and your only mission was to enjoy yourself, what would you do? Roll around naked with someone, get drunk, play some poker, get naked with someone from the poker game, drink til I pass out.

20. What impression do you make on people when they first meet you? How about after they've known you for a while? On first impression they either find me horrifying or alluring. After they've known me for a while they change to the other one.

21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that'll happen inyour life? The only good marriage is a short one. Been there, done that.

22. What are you most proud of about your personal life? How much everyone wants to know about it.

23. What are you most ashamed of in your personal life? That thing with the elephant. I was young.

24. If you could spend the day with someone you admire (living or dead or imaginary), who would you pick? If I could spend the day... uh. It can be someone imaginary? Okay then, my incredibly handsome and witty Barbarian lover, Haggis McLongshaft.

25. Do you think you've turned out the way your parents expected? I've turned out a lot like they warned. Does that count?

26. What do you believe about gods? That Bristlebane needs to teach the rest of 'em how to have a good time.

27. Is there anything you've always wanted to do but haven't done? What would happen if you did it? I've always wanted to make love with a fae. Just for the weirdness factor. But I suspect I'd be disappointed.

28. What's the worst thing that's happened in your life? What did you learn from it? The worst thing that ever happened in my life was that my dad slept with my mom. From then on it pretty much got better.

29. Tell me about your best friend. What do you think I've been doin' for the past twenty minutes?

30. What's the worst thing you've ever done to someone? Why? I once killed a man just to watch him die. I probably should have chosen a method other than dropping a piano on him, though, because there wasn't a lot to see, in the end.

31. What would you like it to say on your tombstone? HPOA.

32. Describe your ideal mate. Smart, athletic, funny, powerful, talented. Looks awesome standing next to me. A talker, good with words. Insatiable. Not caring too much about what I do when he's not around.

33. What are you most afraid of? Redundant questions.

34. What's the most important thing in your life? What do you value most? The show.

35. What do you like best about yourself? Least? My attitude. My nose.

36. How do you feel about your life right now? What, if anything, would you like to change? My goddamned nose. Aside from that it's pretty perfect.

37. Are you lying to yourself about something? What is it? I can't keep track of the lies I tell to others, but I never lie to myself. Not ever. Everyone needs at least one person she can trust.

Xulia
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Xulia » 09/08/10

1. What is your name? What do people call you? Have you ever gone under an alias? I am called Xulia Spirestone. They often refer to me as luggage, while I refer to them as the filthy, scum-guzzling, softskin weaklings they are. And no.

2. Where were you born? Cabilis. A city that dwarfs any construct of your meager existence.

3. What is your family like? Did you have any siblings? I have...-had, sisters. A mate, and a daughter. I do not like talking about it. Next question.

4. What was your childhood like? I hatched from an egg, was subsequently beaten senseless for years, and made to serve a faceless god of terror by killing my other clutch-mates. How was yours?

5. What sort of education did you recieve? Were there significant role models? Were you not listening during the "beaten senseless" part, you insufferable softskin? The only education you receive in Cabilis is how to survive in a world that wants you dead every second of every day. My role models were the Iksar of old scale, because they had clearly put their education to good use.

6. What sort of exposure did you have to outside events? Other races? Other cultures? Other religions? Events? My sisters and I participated in the Trials of the Crusaders. This is where the other races and cultures and religions come in. We went to Firiona Vie and proceeded to slaughter the inhabitants for encroaching on our land. I kept wondering what a Tunare was and why they thought it was going to save them...

7. What do you believe in? Power comes from control, and control comes from fear. I can make people fear me easily enough, so they have willingly made me into the wretched form you see before you.

8. Why did you leave home - or why do you stay? I left because your gods grew envious of our might and destroyed our city. It figures that they would, though. You can't even handle gnolls, ogres, and orcs. We scare the dragons.

9. What is your position in society? Has this changed over your lifetime? I am evil. I play the part of the villain, I suppose, and I enjoy this. If this is what your kind wishes to name me, so be it. I am simply being what I am: Iksar.

10. How do you make money? What sort of skills do you have? Who taught them to you?My coin is my business, and unless you want to suffer a most agonizing demise you will cease further inquiry. All my skills I learned from my instructors in the Crusaders and my sisters.

11.What do you do to relax? What hobbies do you have? I sleep in a coffin and my hobbies often involve the death of those you care for.

12. Under what circumstances would you kill? If I'm bored, if I feel slighted, if I feel irritated, if you smell bad, any reference to my family at all by anyone, -the list continued for a good twenty minutes-

13. What would you die for? Nothing. Dying for something is pointless.

14. What frightens you? That somehow your kind has managed to endure this long...

15. What is your most prized possession? I have none.

16. Who have you loved? No one.

17. What are your goals? To see your cities burn, your citizens trembling in fear at the mention of my name, and to see the Empire restored. Or to simply destroy all of it.

18. Where do you see yourself in the future? Enduring. I can't say the same for you.

19. If you had a free day with no responsibilities and your only mission was to enjoy yourself, what would you do? Burn a village.

20. What impression do you make on people when they first meet you? How about after they've known you for a while? Hopefully they learn to leave me to myself and keep their mouths shut. This should not change after any span of time.

21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that'll happen inyour life? -draws sword-

22. What are you most proud of about your personal life? -looks at sword-

23. What are you most ashamed of in your personal life? -looks at interviewer...still alive-

24. If you could spend the day with someone you admire (living or dead or imaginary), who would you pick? Lord Venril.

25. Do you think you've turned out the way your parents expected? I never knew them, so no.

26. What do you believe about gods? They bleed.

27. Is there anything you've always wanted to do but haven't done? What would happen if you did it? Yes, but your world would end.

28. What's the worst thing that's happened in your life? What did you learn from it? I watched my daughter get crushed by the ground, choked a sister to death, and blasted another one into the Void. I learned that this world is a nightmare.

29. Tell me about your best friend. -looks back down at sword-

30. What's the worst thing you've ever done to someone? Why? I killed Jhayel Kilndar's wife because he defied me.

31. What would you like it to say on your tombstone? Don't worry, I'll be back in a week.

32. Describe your ideal mate. -glare-

33. What are you most afraid of? Nothing.

34. What's the most important thing in your life? What do you value most? -another glare-

35. What do you like best about yourself? Least? the fact that I can stomach your presence and the fact that I have.

36. How do you feel about your life right now? What, if anything, would you like to change? I'm undead, what do you think?

37. Are you lying to yourself about something? What is it? Convincing myself to let you live...Perhaps it was a misjudgment.

Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Diera » 09/08/10

The interviewer looks up at the woman seated across from him and blinks. "Haven't I already interviewed you a few years ago?" he asks, rummaging through his older papers.

"Yes," Diera says quietly, crossing her legs at the knee, "But, as you said, that was years ago. Ask your questions now, and there may be new answers. Everything changes, after all. Even me."

"Right, and I bet you'll still be giving me answers that don't make any sense," the man mutters to himself and clears his throat to begin.

I am Diera Faeshadow. People simply call me Diera. I have gone under many titles in my time, and one time I pretended my name was Miryana, but on the whole...no aliases.

2. Where were you born?

*she chuckles* Well, this answer certainly won't change. I was born on a planet called Kormain, on a farm, to human parents. It actually isn't very far from here, but Norrath is so closed off, most of you think you're the only planet around.

They were good, hearty, honest farm folk. I had an elder brother, but I lost touch with him after I left home.

Looking back on it, it was peaceful and a good, solid life. I always had food to eat, clothes to wear, and a roof over my head. Of course, back then I thought it was dull and a bit *too* goody goody. *chuckles* I was a nasty child.

My parents tried to have me educated in at least the basics, but I usually ran away from school, and so my education didn't really begin until I left home. Trial by fire, as they say.

Very little. I lived in a farming village, and unless there was a party of adventurers passing through on their way to greater things, the only people I dealt with every day were people from the village.

Well, this answer hasn't changed. I believe in me.

A fae gentleman offered me the chance of a lifetime and I took it. My home was, in my opinion at the time, dull and boring and just too...good.

My position in society has changed immensely over my lifetime. Hell, it's changed immensely since I've been on Norrath, for that matter. As of now I have no position in society. At least, not officially. To most in society I am simply a relic of a bygone age, useful for a story or two, but not much else. I've learned to live with it.

Like many adventurers, I mainly live off the spoils of my adventures. I also do research and magical experiments for the Concordium. This is probably because, as an old relic, I'm expendable. That and I don't age, so I have plenty of time on my hands. *grins*

I travel, mainly. Sometimes I stop to have a chat in my friend's inn, but mostly I travel.

This is another that hasn't changed. I still try not to kill, except in the hunt like any other adventurer. What I mean is, I've seen how murder spirals down and down into revenge killing after revenge killing, and I've seen the wars and devastation this causes. I see no need in perpetuating such a thing myself. And as far as I'm concerned, killing someone because "it's my duty because they're evil" or "it's my duty because they're my enemy" is still murder and wasteful killing, no matter how much you pretty it up.

*realizing she's practically baring her teeth at the poor interviewer, she takes a breath and sits back* Like I said before, I'm Qeynosian by history, not by ideology.

Still the same answer...many things. I'm pretty sure they're the same things most people would die for, good or evil. Except ideology. Dying in the name of ideology is pointless. You don't die for your beliefs, you live for them. Your death only makes you useless to your cause, except as a rallying point for your comrades. And if that's the case don't they have a rallying point anyway, or why are they fighting in the first place?

14. What frightens you?

Cold Iron still frightens me, but it's been centuries since anyone has either tortured me with it or attacked me with it, so I'm a bit less twitchy about it's presence.

*she blinks, remembering her previous answer* You know...that amulet I spoke of last time was tossed in a lake as a symbol to my then-husband that I was leaving the past behind to start anew with him. Maybe I should try to retrieve it some day. It's not like my marriage lasted as long as that amulet did.

16. Who have you loved?

A few men. All knights, for some reason, and mostly of the darker variety. There was the father of my first child, millenia ago, named Mordred. As I said last time, he ran off to be reunited with his wife when she was freed from a stasis spell.

Then there was Faileas, who...well...I loved deeply, but still betrayed by sleeping with another man. *she raises a hand* I know, I know, it was such a boneheaded move. I was young -- well, younger -- then. In the end he married this detestable, untrustworthy woman named Envy, spouting some idiotic nonsense about it being his fate, or destiny, or some such rubbish. At least, I think they married. He said he was marrying her, and it's not like I was going to attend the wedding, was I?

And then there is my former husband, Latharos, a paladin of Tunare. *she chuckles softly* And normally I *hate* paladins. Self-righteous hypocrites, most of them...but not Lath. He's the only paladin I ever met that held to an honorable code and truly fought for *good* instead of fighting for "righteousness". In the end, when the gods returned, Tunare called him back to her. His duty to her was far more ancient than his duty to myself or our child, and so he went.

If there have been others since, I will not say. One or two lovers, but no true loves.

17. What are your goals?

*laughs* I'm too bloody old for goals now!

Dead, hopefully! I mean, I'm not suicidal, but I wouldn't mind the rest.

I...er...I don't know, really. It's been so long since I truly had *nothing* to do except enjoy myself, I don't think I'd know what to do with myself.

I seem to encounter a lot of people who judge me by how I look as a first impression, and so they assume I'm some goody-two-shoes Tunarean that loves bunnies and kittens and wants to see the world all green and full of butterflies and unicorns. *she rolls her eyes* After a while they're either confused by me because I don't fit that mold, intrigued, or they outright scoff at me for not fitting that mold. I'm not sure I understand people's obsession with that goddess anyway. She's one out of a whole diverse pantheon.

Not anymore, I don't. I had that life, and now it's over. And I don't presume to have any expertise in the matter, so I can't honestly tell you what a good marriage is. A good marriage is what works for that couple. *shrugs*

My children. *she smiles* Not that any of us have much contact with each other, and I have none at all with my son, as he's back on Kormain. All three of my children grew up to be independent, strong, intelligent adults with lives of their own. Sadly the younger of my boys died, cut down right at his prime, but he was a good boy.

Well...I can't say I'm ashamed of my hold on the past. I understand it's a roadblock at times, but it's *my* past. If I let go of it, it will fade from my memory, both the bad times *and* the good. So...it's something that can be a bother, but it's certainly not shameful.

However, I did once torture a paladin in revenge for torturing me. That wasn't the greatest moment in my life, I must admit. It's not like he died or anything, though. I only drowned him...a little. And whipped him once or twice. Yes, I know it was wrong, but at least he went on to live a long life after, right?

*ponders* You know...I'm not sure. I bet talking to that Al'Kabor fellow would be fascinating.

*she just laughs*

They should have stayed gone. I mean, it's not like their leaving changed anything in the minds of mortals. Think about it...what did mortals do when they saw the avatars of the gods? They attacked them, of course! Nothing changes. If a mortal thinks they can gain some wealth or power by attacking representatives of the gods or laying waste to their Planes, they'll do it. Five hundred years of chaos, terror and death on Norrath changed nothing.

Do you honestly think that after three thousand years, there's anything left that I haven't done that I want to do? *sighs as the man just stares at her* Bloody hell, just move on to the next question.

*glares* Yes, because I want to talk about the worst thing that happened to me to a complete stranger. Next question.

Gods, Duvessa and I go back *centuries*. Well, off and on. I tend to disappear for periods of time. And yet...when I return, she's still there. She is actually the one thing that has remained constant in my life in the last five hundred and some-odd years. See, now there's a truism for you. Lovers come and go. True loves break your heart and disappear, but friends are forever.

*grimaces* Okay, that sounded corny, but it's true.

I already mentioned that. Torturing a man by repeatedly drowning him right up to before the point of death and then bringing him back only to drown him again. That was pretty bad, but in my mind I was trying to teach him a lesson. I was trying to teach him how it felt when he put those Cold Iron shackles and collar on me.

Still, it was pretty bad.

"When my time on Norrath is gone, and my activities here are past; I want that they should bury me upside down, so my critics can kiss my ass."

Non-existent.

Isn't that the same thing as my biggest fear?

My children and my principles.

Well...my principles. And as for the thing I like least? Well, probably that I'm my own worst enemy.

My life is more stable than it's been in centuries, really. I'm more of an observer to the chaos than an active participant these days. However, it does sometimes lend to my life being rather more quiet than I intended. I mean, it's nice to no longer have both the good side and the evil side wanting me dead for not conforming to their idea of what I should be, but it is a hell of a lot less exciting.

I probably am, though if I knew exactly what it was and recognized it as a lie...I wouldn't be lying to myself anymore, would I?

Zhadowsee
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Zhadowsee » 09/08/10

(Making his answers current)

Zhadowsee is fine. The original name is a bit antiquarian and not easily pronounced.

2. Where were you born?
Neriak, at home.

3. What is your family like?
My family is well connected, and several own a distillery making a variety of liquors.

Normal for any Teir’dal boy. I wasn’t a slave and I didn’t have to watch my parents get slaughtered before my eyes.

I enjoyed lessons in Magical Theory and learned many different spells. I had a keen ability to instill magical abilities into items—such as a quill that could write what I command it to, or a tub that always kept its water a particular temperature. Because of this, I was offered an apprenticeship as a blacksmith, and quickly learned how to imbue tools with unique attributes.

I also studied theology throughout my life. I was expected to adhere solely to the tenets of Innoruuk, but I wanted to learn about the other pantheons as well. I spent four years in Riverdale, for example…. It’s all served its particular divine purpose.

Other than blacksmithing and enchantments, I’m also a linguist.

I pay little attention to propaganda, so I don’t get involved with large events.

As for the races, I have little tolerance for them. I enjoy the halflings, as I have spent four years with them. They have taught me much. I also enjoy the logical and intelligent conversations with Erudites. I find other Teir’dal to be pompous bastards; Koada’dal are no different. Humans and Ayr’dal are a plague to be eliminated.

On religions—they’re blinded by their ideas of salvation. They shackle themselves to the limitations set by some book, or the walls of some temple, or by the ministrations of an adept. They burn effigies and hang the enemy to feel important. They drink wine and call it the blood of the land. They put ashes on their face to commune with trees.

Then they sit in taverns, drinking whiskey, bragging about killing an avatar of their diety.

Religion breeds hypocrisy.

I believe the world is full of people who float on a sea of Mediocrity within boats of Hypocrisy, and they battle each other, making claims of how important and qualified they are. Eventually they upset their own craft and plunge into the waters to drown in their own shit and piss.

I wanted to travel.
I was a well known blacksmith among the Dark Bargainers.
I took an enlistment with the Indigo Brotherhood and earned the right to own my own tavern.
I returned from a failed mission to find my social status has been called into question. Was the tavern really mine to begin with? Have my injuries from my mission permanently debilitated me?

10. How do you make money?
The tavern is still in my name and the income is rightfully mine.
I am on leave from the Indigo Brotherhood, though I still repair weapons for their officers.
I also engage in the transport of liquor for my family. I export their goods and import the products of others. Despite various rumors of my overall competency, I still maintain very good relations with a variety of taverns across Norrath.

I read or I smith. Smithing is very therapeutic.

I am Teir’dal and a proper citizen of Neriak. Our concepts of killing are different from those of Qeynos or Freeport. Disposing of a prostitute or Ayr’dal into a chasm is perfectly forgivable in most cases. There are too many circumstances to list.

With that said, don’t think I’m trying to pass myself off as some anti-social goon or a psychopath in need of a straight jacket. I find people who try to advertise themselves as such are really just cowards craving attention. They are on the same level as those who would spread their legs believing it’s the only way they can find love.

I would have died for a wagon falling on me.

…

Long story.

14. What frightens you?
People who sing to be happy. They are like clowns.

I’m not answering that.

16. Who have you loved?
Their names are on my bedpost.

17. What are your goals?
I don’t know. Get married again maybe.

Still working the forge or tending the bar.

Enjoy a drink by the docks.

**grins**
They all think I’m nuts.

Been married once…to someone who actually earned the title of a Shadow Knight.
It could happen again. **shrugs**

I’m not ruled by what’s in my pants.

**shrugs**

Queen Christanos.

Yes.

I’ve answered what I believe about their followers.
What do I believe about the gods? What I believe is irrelevant. They are not forces of the multiverse meant to be understood.

I still do not understand why they would put a simulacrum of themselves on the land when they know dozens of meatbags will simply band together to see if they can kill it. Very odd.

Nothing I can think of right now.

It’s all about me. If I’m not the center of my universe, then I am nothing.

I was married to her.

**shrug**

Something inspiring.

Strong.

Having to listen to cheerful Fae and Feir’dal singing about blue skies and butterflies.

I value the sunflowers that I use for a good piss. It gives me something to compare to the people I meet every day.

I’m not a slave to society.

My life is fine.

Nothing I can think of at the moment.