The Interview

Ongoing roleplay and fiction.
Ebere
Visitor

The Interview

Post by Ebere » 09/20/10

1. What is your name? What do people call you? Have you ever gone under an alias?
My name is Ebere Storm'Shadow. I have gone under an alias, several in fact but I'm afraid I can't share that information.

2. Where were you born?
Kelethin

3. What is your family like? Did you have any siblings?
My family comprised of myself and my parents. They are dead now.

4. What was your childhood like?
I suppose I had the typical upbringing of any Feir'dal before the Rending. A happy time.

5. What sort of education did you recieve? Were there significant role models?
Until fourteen years of age I was trained by my mother to become a ranger.

6. What sort of exposure did you have to outside events? Other races? Other cultures? Other religions?
My childhood was lived in a time before the Fae so outside exposure was limited, although the occasional adventurer appeared. The only religion that mattered was Tunare's.

7. What do you believe in?
I have been told many times that perhaps I should follow Erollisi as I believe love and kindness are some of the most powerful forces. Although I agree, so is belief. I worship Tunare as I was brought up to do. *States the last sentence with a bit of sarcasm.*

8. Why did you leave home - or why do you stay?
I lived in Kelethin for fourteen years until my parents were killed in Bloody Kithicor. With no one to take me in, I left to wander Faydwer and further train myself as a ranger.

9. What is your position in society? Has this changed over your lifetime?
My position in society? From wandering as a child to hunting to being hunted. Now...I am merely here.

10. How do you make money? What sort of skills do you have? Who taught them to you?
I make money by killing things or prodding them with my arrows until they drop something of value that I can sell. I am almost entirely self-taught.

11.What do you do to relax? What hobbies do you have?
Relax? I haven't understood the meaning of that word for centuries. Hobbies? I guess I enjoy...looking after people. But not like healers, possibly more emotionally and mentally. Understanding, I suppose. Not that I call that a hobby.

12. Under what circumstances would you kill?
To save someone I love or care about. To stop an innocent person making a mistake. To stop someone innocent being killed.

13. What would you die for?
Love, self-sacrifice.

14. What frightens you?
My past. People. Not knowing or understanding. *Eyes go hard.* Being helpless.

15. What is your most prized possession?
My memories. But if you mean physical possession...a carved wooden figure. Purely for sentimental reasons.

16. Who have you loved?
My husband. My child. Both have been taken from me.

17. What are your goals?
Simply to survive. After that? I have no idea.

18. Where do you see yourself in the future?
Helping people I suppose. Or dead.

19. If you had a free day with no responsibilities and your only mission was to enjoy yourself, what would you do?
I simply couldn't. I must be doing something.

20. What impression do you make on people when they first meet you? How about after they've known you for a while?
They are the ones with the impressions. Ask them.

21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that'll happen in your life?
A happy, loving, trusting marriage. It has happened, I sincerely doubt it will happen again.

22. What are you most proud of about your personal life?
Absolutely nothing. *Coldly.*

23. What are you most ashamed of in your personal life?
That I wasn't there on time to save my only child from being murdered. That I had to hold her lifeless body in my arms, knowing it was all my fault. *Hisses the last sentence, her voice full of self-loathing.*

24. If you could spend the day with someone you admire (living or dead or imaginary), who would you pick?
My mother.

25. Do you think you've turned out the way your parents expected?
I don't think so.

26. What do you believe about gods?
They meddle. They cursed me.

27. Is there anything you've always wanted to do but haven't done? What would happen if you did it?
I have always wanted to be free. I wouldn't know what to do with it.

28. What's the worst thing that's happened in your life? What did you learn from it?
The worst thing? The death of my parents by dark elves, the death of my husband by dark elves or the murder of my child by dark elves? I have learned that nothing, no matter what you do can restore faith in yourself if you could have prevented an innocent death. *Cold, humourless laugh.*

29. Tell me about your best friend.
My best friend? Cruel, demanding, completely in control. Dangerous. *Smiles dangerously, a glint in her eye.*

30. What's the worst thing you've ever done to someone? Why?
The worst thing I have ever done to someone is not looking. Turning my back when they needed me most, I walked past when they thought me a friend. They cried out, hoping I would turn. I did, but only to see the utter despair and hopelessness in their face as I continued walking by.

31. What would you like it to say on your tombstone?
May she be forgiven.

32. Describe your ideal mate.
I had my ideal mate. He is beyond mere words. Let him rest in peace. *Utters the last sentence almost pleadingly.*

33. What are you most afraid of?
Losing someone else. *Her voice full of pain.*

34. What's the most important thing in your life? What do you value most?
I value what an act of kindness can do. The most important thing in my life is my ability to love.

35. What do you like best about yourself? Least?
I despise almost everything about myself.

Orrinth
Patron
Patron

Re: The Interview

Post by Orrinth » 10/01/10

1. What is your name? What do people call you? Have you ever gone under an alias? I go by Orrinth, my full name is Orrinth Bay'la. People seem to call me by my sister's name at first. But once they get to know me, some have called me Orin. *a soft smile plays on her lips* My niece calls me a thorn in her side.

2. Where were you born? *she sits back leaning comfortably on her chair, her legs tuck under herself as she gets comfortalbe* I was born in a remote village not far from where the city Firiona Vie once stood. Not far meaning well it would take you only a day to travel there by foot. If you knew the way. We try to keep our village protected, out of most eyes as the sisterhood seems to be a favorite target to those that are against love.

3. What is your family like? Did you have any siblings? *her smile falters at that* I had a sibling. Her name was Cerinth. From what I have heard and witnessed from those that knew her and crossed my path, she was very much loved as she did not judge and did not think twice at helping those that need anyone in need, even those that she considered her enemy. But she died. She was taken,killed when she found out about her daughter being held by a slaver. I had heard the assasin that killed was killed by someone she considered to be the love of her life. *her smile grows some* It felt good to read her letters when she wrote of her knight in shining armor. She found her one true love. I am just sorry that I never got to meet her and see them together when she was alive. It was a regret I had.

4. What was your childhood like? My childhood...well it was busy getting trained in the arts of healing, but it was also fun. I had a happy childhood. My sister didn't think so. When she was of age she left to wander, learn about herself, find her own path. She did not want anything to do with the sisterhood nor the village.

5. What sort of education did you recieve? Were there significant role models? I recieved the finest that our humble village had to offer but really education doesn't stop when you are a child. It is an everyday process of learning new things, exploring new things, cultures, religions and what not. I think role model...hrmmm..*blushes* well there is one. My great great grandmother who lived on the Isle of the Sisters in Ocean of Tears serving as a guard. She was a free spirit. Didn't let things such as labels and perceptions bother her. She just did what was right in her heart..so I followed suit.

6. What sort of exposure did you have to outside events? Other races? Other cultures? Other religions? I am getting that now. *chuckles softly* let me tell you, it is an adventure.

7. What do you believe in? I believe in truth, love, my goddess. I believe in others, their hearts..I believe in myself.

8. Why did you leave home - or why do you stay? I wanted to see what my sister saw, wrote about. I wanted to find her headstone and make sure it was being tended to. I wanted to watch over my niece.

9. What is your position in society? Has this changed over your lifetime? *Laughs louder than her earlier chuckle* My position in society. Does that really matter? Hopefully I will never be one to worry of such a thing, but if I had to say I had one..it would be seer for the sisterhood and that will never change.

10. How do you make money? What sort of skills do you have? Who taught them to you? I am a tailor by trade. I enjoy it, find it relaxing, and well quite honestly it saves money. The shaman from my village, my mentor taught me that trade as I was always skinning my knee and ripping my leggings.

11.What do you do to relax? What hobbies do you have? How do I relax? It was something that my sister and I shared. Late at night we would climb out onto the roof of our home and look at the stars. Looking at each star we would think of a story that went with that star, and why that star was there..So I find I still do that, though my stories tend to lead to the romance side of things.

12. Under what circumstances would you kill? To protect those I love. Other than that I do not take a life.

13. What would you die for? The same. I would die for those I love.

14. What frightens you? I think what frightens me is being alone for the rest of my life. Never finding that one great love. Yes, that is what frightens me...that and well spiders *smiles a bit sheepishly* They just look...scary.

15. What is your most prized possession? *she holds out her spear that is well polished and taken care of* Made of the finest wood, the metal forged with love..it was the last gift Cerinth gave me. She even signed it..see? *She rolls the spear and right below a sturdy well oiled leather strap is an elegant signature burned in the wood and filled with gold. "The stars are yours. Cerinth" it said* This is my most prized possesion and forever will be.

16. Who have you loved? *tilts her head* It depends on what you mean by loved. Physically I have loved many. But given my heart to...my soul..well that belongs to only one and that is my soulmate. Where ever they might be.

17. What are your goals? *chuckles softly at that question* I am kind of making them up as I go. But if I had to have one set and unchanging..it would be to be happy and true to myself.

18. Where do you see yourself in the future? One day at a time as the future constantly shifts by the choices we make everyday.

19. If you had a free day with no responsibilities and your only mission was to enjoy yourself, what would you do? *smirks and leans forward flirting with the one giving the interviews* To answer that question *traces soft circles over the interviewer's wrist,then up the arm* well, lets just say it would involve getting hot, sweaty and not for innocent ears.

20. What impression do you make on people when they first meet you? How about after they've known you for a while? *leans back in her chair the flirting gone but a soft smile* First impression is that I am my sister. So they either think they are seeing a ghost..so they run...or they think she is brought back for some divine purpose and instantly want to help out with her calling. After they get to know me, they find out that I look like her, smile and have the same traits as her but I am not. I am me, and hopefully they like getting to know me and at times my strange sense of humor..put up with my strange quirks.

21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that'll happen inyour life? *sighs softly* A good marriage..trust, communication, passion, fun, intensity, unconditional love...that is my idea of a good marriage. Do I think that will happen? *Simply shrugs* I don't know.

22. What are you most proud of about your personal life? I haven't taken a life.

23. What are you most ashamed of in your personal life? I wasn't there to save my sister, help her.

24. If you could spend the day with someone you admire (living or dead or imaginary), who would you pick? *chuckles softly tilting her head to the side* You would think that I would say my sister, but if I were to pick one it would be Firiona Vie.

25. Do you think you've turned out the way your parents expected? I hope my life choices makes them proud.

26. What do you believe about gods? That they are there and sometimes can be meddlesome, and create trouble but necessary as everyone needs something to believe in.

27. Is there anything you've always wanted to do but haven't done? What would happen if you did it? *blushes* I rather not answer that one.

28. What's the worst thing that's happened in your life? What did you learn from it? my sister's death. What I picked up from that was how to open the connection to the spirit world, so she is always in my life, and I picked up that I would not be late in helping protect someone I love ever again.

29. Tell me about your best friend. My best friend? Well it would have to be my spirit companion. He guides me, protects me at times, helps me find my way and when I am lonely, he is there to comfort me.

30. What's the worst thing you've ever done to someone? Why? I lost control of my temper and hit her upside the head with a frying pan..Why? Ummm well she was my lover and we had an arguement. She called me something I didn't like and I lost my temper and knocked her out.

31. What would you like it to say on your tombstone? She was loved.

32. Describe your ideal mate. *smiles* Well, they would have to love me for me. Be intense but also not always intense. A tackler. I enjoy being chased and it is quite fun being caught and submitting to them. They have to be passionate about life,love..I can't stand those that let things happen just because if it was meant to go to them it would. Sometimes you need to reach out and grab those things by the head and tie it to you...and they have to put up with my cuddling. I love to cuddle as well as my umm naughtier side.

33. What are you most afraid of? Didn't you ask this already? *frowns some thinking back but not remembering it so she answers* I am afraid of being alone..never finding love..like the love..the one that you would stand beside no matter what and fight tooth and nail to keep..and also spiders. I can't stand spiders.

35. What do you like best about yourself? Least? That would take days upon days for me to answer. There is so much I love about myself...and least well it would have to be my temper. *It is hard to tell if she is serious with this answer as she has a bit of a poker face on*

36. How do you feel about your life right now? What, if anything, would you like to change? I really think you asked this already.

37. Are you lying to yourself about something? What is it? *just stares at the interviewer* Okay! I think we are done. Now if you care to see my bedroom *she smiles and leads the interviewer away by the hand heading to her bedroom leaving behind whatever recording device was used*

Rencey
Resident
Resident

Post by Rencey » 10/01/10

1. What is your name? What do people call you? Have you ever gone under an alias? I am Rencey. My full name is Rencey Val'Shade and most people just call me Ren

2. Where were you born? I was born 15 years before Neriak was sealed up

3. What is your family like? Did you have any siblings? My family was...different. My mother always loved me,taught me how to fend for myself. My father helped me along with school and alchemy,of all things. My immediate family was 5 uncles and aunts..i think they spoiled me. I have a daughter of my own,who i will not speak of for protection's sake. I also have an adopted sister,Laynisa.

4. What was your childhood like? It was complicated. At home, i was treated with great care,dispite being inside Neriak. Outside of home,however..i always got picked on for be "half" of Innoruk's perfection. Not to mention my family worshiped Rallos as the main deity. I also remember getting into alot of fights..

5. What sort of education did you recieve? Were there significant role models? I received a very good education,being of Noble birth. My role model might as well be my mother..without all of the negatives.

6. What sort of exposure did you have to outside events? Other races? Other cultures? Other religions? When we were forced out of neriak, my mother ran into all kinds of races. My father was a human and the only other religion we encountered was of Innoruk. Later in life,it was Thulians

7. What do you believe in? If you want a specific answer: Myself and the gods of war

8. Why did you leave home - or why do you stay? It was either be buried inside a cave or live a free life..what,dont you read history?!

9. What is your position in society? Has this changed over your lifetime? In society, as in Freeport..i'm just a citizen. Outside of the walls,though, I am a Grandmaster of the Ashen Order. It took many years to accomplish such a feat.

10. How do you make money? What sort of skills do you have? Who taught them to you? I make money by selling goods i gather from the corpses of the fallen,y'know armor? I am considered a "bruiser",but it would seem i appear to use a sorce of energy you would not be able to understand.

11.What do you do to relax? What hobbies do you have? I meditate,read or hang around with my mother to relax and my hobbies would be of alchemy.

12. Under what circumstances would you kill? I kill cowards,dishonorable people and anyone i deem a threat.

13. What would you die for? My family.

14. What frightens you? Being cornered,mostly.

15. What is your most prized possession? Well, i do have alot of trophies in my home,but the Gorwyn's Fist is rather remarkable.

16. Who have you loved? Too many to count...

17. What are your goals? My goal is to see my daughter grow up to a fine,young woman,to be the best i can be within myself and to destroy the enemies of Freeport.

18. Where do you see yourself in the future? Precognition isnt exactly one of my many traits..

19. If you had a free day with no responsibilities and your only mission was to enjoy yourself, what would you do?
Probably lay around on some pillows...did i mention i love them?
20. What impression do you make on people when they first meet you? How about after they've known you for a while? I think i strike people with a sort of calmness,equally shy, I suppose. Once they get to know me,though..im sure we'll be friendly for sometime.

21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that'll happen inyour life? A good marriage would be both man and woman having equal opinions and sides to anything that life can throw at them,however, i do not wish this.

22. What are you most proud of about your personal life? Being a grandmaster and becoming "Enlightend"

23. What are you most ashamed of in your personal life? Becoming too brash and almost dying in the process

24. If you could spend the day with someone you admire (living or dead or imaginary), who would you pick?
I wish i could visit Rallos,honestly..perhaps he would teach me a thing or two that I myself would not know.
25. Do you think you've turned out the way your parents expected? Yes.

26. What do you believe about gods? I believe in the Zeks,not just one.

27. Is there anything you've always wanted to do but haven't done? What would happen if you did it?
Nothing in particular.
28. What's the worst thing that's happened in your life? What did you learn from it? The worst thing probably was when that damned Sarnak was tearing my stomach open and eatting my guts...all because of a minor slipup. I learned to "double tap", or make sure your enemy is truely dead.

29. Tell me about your best friend. Even though she's adopted,i would consider Laynisa to be a friend..or more of extended family. She's unique..i'll give her that,sharing a few qualities of my mother,heh...

30. What's the worst thing you've ever done to someone? Why? I remember this one teir'dal boy when i was younger. He wanted to beat the crap out of me..I did win,but i do remember making him suffer for trying to pick a fight with a noble of Neriak. How he screamed with an inch of his life...

31. What would you like it to say on your tombstone? I dont plan on dying...

32. Describe your ideal mate. I'd rather not..

33. What are you most afraid of? Anything that's -too- weird...or being caged.

34. What's the most important thing in your life? What do you value most? I value myself and i consider myself to be of importance,along with my daughter.

35. What do you like best about yourself? Least? I like my body..yes,funny isnt it? I dont like,how easily confused I can get sometimes.

36. How do you feel about your life right now? What, if anything, would you like to change? I wouldnt change a thing.

37. Are you lying to yourself about something? What is it? I cant think of much.

Eisfyre
Resident
Resident

Post by Eisfyre » 10/05/10

1. What is your name / do people call you / alias? I am Eisfyre, though friends often call me “Ice”.

2. Where were you born? Neriak

3. Family? What direct family I had perished many years ago.

4. What was your childhood like? Middle class; educated but not spoiled.

5. Education / Role models? The same as most youth in Neriak, until I joined the Queen’s Army. There was a bard that played in a tavern/restaraunt not far from my home. I would listen and watch the interplay that he had with everyone. Though we never met, I would say he was certainly an inspiration to me.

6. What sort of exposure did you have to outside events / other races / cultures / religions? Not much of one, until joining the Queen’s army and venturing beyond Neriak’s walls.

7. What do you believe in? There is a great big world out there waiting to be explored and life is what you make of it.

8. Why did you leave home - or why stay? Home is where you rest for the night <winks>.

9. What is your position in society? Has this changed over your lifetime? A bard creates the mood of whatever place he is in. With a few amusing jokes and a light, lively tune, he can turn a potential tavern brawl into a fun spirited bit on comradery. <His eyes become deathly still>… or turn an important business meeting into a vicious argument that begins a feud lasting generations and costing many lives and ruining fortunes. <His eyes relax again>… but why would he want to do that anyway?

10. How do you make money? What skills do you have? Who taught you? I did spend a bit of time being trained as a scout in the Queen’s Army before deciding that I didn’t have the temperament for blindly taking orders. I learned to play my lute from several musical trainers as well as practical learning from other musicians. In the right setting, the skills I learned from each can combine with interesting results.

11.What do you do to relax / hobbies? Writing songs and enjoying the seduction of a beautiful woman from beginning to its enjoyable conclusion.

12. Under what circumstances would you kill? Killing is rarely an easy thing to do, but sometimes it is necessary. I do what is needed, when the time comes for it.

13. What would you die for? Right now? A fresh glass of merlot.

14. What frightens you? Obscurity.

15. What is your most prized possession? Posessions come and go. When taken, I have found that the effort involved in getting them back was not worth reclaiming an item. <Thinks> I would have to say my memories of the places I’ve seen and the things I’ve done. You can’t write a song without experiences to center them around.

16. Who have you loved? <Grins> I have and do love many women all across Norrath.

17. What are your goals? To see every newly discovered bit of Norrath and rediscover a few that no one has seen since for a very long time.

18. Where do you see yourself in the future? Right where I am now, doing much the same thing.

19. If you had a free day to enjoy yourself, what would you do? You just described my every day.

20. What impression do you make at first meeting? …after they know you a while? Charismatic, intelligent and having fun. Eventually, friends see that I am more well thought out, but still much the same.

21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that'll happen in your life? I know several people who endure good marriages. I doubt that I will ever be bound by such shackles, but the future is ever changing.

22. What are you most proud of about your personal life? I was paid to play at a formal diplomatic ball in Maj’dul, where Queen Antonia was in attendance. There was apparently a well conceived assassination plot against her that almost no one was aware of. Through a series of oddly ill-fated events, the plot came to a spectacularly explosive conclusion that cost few more than the lives of those involved in the plot and the Queen was safe the entire time. I was surprised, but elated that she personally thanked me for my performance that night.

23. What are you most ashamed of in your personal life? Ashamed is a strong word, but it is always difficult when the plans you make cannot help but involve the deaths of innocents. <He waves the interview on without adding more.>

24. If you could spend the day with someone you admire (living or dead or imaginary), who would you pick? An old friend, who led me and a group of my associates deep into Kunark. Things did not go as planned. He is sorely missed.

25. Did you turn out to meet your parents’ expectetions? <Laughs heartily> Better in some ways, worse in others.

26. What do you believe about gods? What gods?

27. Is there anything you've always wanted to do but haven't done? There are many places I have heard of and still want to explore. Some underwater ruins in Kunark are high on the list. After that brief meeting, I would enjoy seducing Queen Antonia. I think it would alter her perception of the Tier’Dal forever.

28. What's the worst thing that's happened in your life? What did you learn from it? <His eyebrows furrow for a moment> No need for specifics. I learned that the Gods are useless, that death comes to the best of men and that you cannot give in to despair, no matter how grim the circumstances.

29. Tell me about your best friend. I don’t have one best friend, but those that I trust the most are loyal above all else.

30. What's the worst thing you've ever done to someone? Why? I’ve never done anything bad to anyone. <Thinks> I have been close enough to see someone’s family die, their reputation be ruined, their estate and possessions destroyed and their mind broken until they were nothing more than a whimpering shell of the proud noble they had been before; begging for death to end their emotional scarring. <smiles innocently> But I had nothing to do with that, ask anyone.

31. What would you like it to say on your tombstone? Tombstone? I intend to live forever! So far, so good.

32. Describe your ideal mate. Impossible. Variety is the spice of life.

33. What are you most afraid of? Didn’t you ask that about 20 questions ago?

34. What's the most important thing in your life? What do you value most? Again, I answered that 20ish questions ago.

35. What do you like best about yourself? Least? What is not to like? It’s hard to be humble when you’re practically perfect in every way. <Laughs> Ah, seriously I do wish I had a better singing voice. I play the lute very well, but my singing is not on par by quite a bit.

36. What, if anything, would you like to change about your life now? Well, I’ve enjoyed this interview, but I think I’m ready for it to end now.

37. Are you lying to yourself about something? <Smiles> I can’t really be sure. If I make the effort to lie to anyone, including myself… they won’t be aware of it.

Jasmena
Visitor

Post by Jasmena » 10/25/10

1. What is your name? What do people call you? Have you ever gone under an alias? Jasmena. I have a lst name, but it's not really important. Mum and dad called me Jaz or Jazzy.

2. Where were you born? In Qeynos Harbor! I mean, on a ship in Qeynos Harbor.

3. What is your family like? Did you have any siblings? Mum and dad are sailors. Since water and me don't really get along well, I don't see 'em often. But it's just us.

4. What was your childhood like? Pretty normal, I suppose! After I was born, mum and dad stayed on land for a year or two, then took turns on shorter trips 'til I was 13 or so. We took our first family voyage then, it – erm, well.. I don't think they like how it went. I got to stay in our lil home 'til I moved out two years ago.

5. What sort of education did you receive? Were there significant role models? Just the normal stuff. Except my eyes don't like me or something. I don't think I'm dumb, but when I try to read or write a lot, the letters will all mix themselves up and I won't be able to figure out what's going on.

6. What sort of exposure did you have to outside events? Other races? Other cultures? Other religions? Oh, lots! Even when I wasn't going out on the ship with mum and dad, I'd still help them unload and deal with the business people. Mum and dad worked with all sorts of different people.

7. What do you believe in? What'cha mean? Like, the Gods and stuff? I suppose I believe what mum and dad do, with Prexus and all that. I don't think I'm a very good follower, though... the whole seasick thing and all.

8. Why did you leave home - or why do you stay? I left to find work of my own since I won't really be continuing the family tradition, though I'm not really all that far from home, since my parents can just come into whatever port they know I'm near, eh?

9. What is your position in society? Has this changed over your lifetime? Uhm... I dunno? I'm just someone who likes to tend bars and entertain a little bit.

10. How do you make money? What sort of skills do you have? Who taught them to you? I started working as a server at a bar when I was 15 for extra money. Mum and dad are pretty well off, and they didn't make me, but it's sorta boring just sitting around all the time. And I like meetin' and talkin' with all the different people! I'm pretty darn good at serving, but I think what I really wanna do is tend bar.

11.What do you do to relax? What hobbies do you have? I have my pets! My favourite thing in the entire word to do is go for a ride at night, under the stars with one of my horses. I also have a thing for shadow puppets!

12. Under what circumstances would you kill? To save the innocent, especially the ones I love.

13. What would you die for? <She pauses a long while on this question> … I don't know.

14. What frightens you? Same as everyone, mostly. Loneliness, dying, hornets...

15. What is your most prized possession? I don't consider them my possessions because they're animals, but if you wanna be technical about things – my pets.

16. Who have you loved? My parents, my animals.

17. What are your goals? To be happy! And, uh.. this is gonna be reeealllly cheesy, but I just wanna find that soulmate and try to live happily ever after.

18. Where do you see yourself in the future? Dunno. Prolly working at a bar.

19. If you had a free day with no responsibilities and your only mission was to enjoy yourself, what would you do? Go horseback riding somewhere especially beautiful.

20. What impression do you make on people when they first meet you? How about after they've known you for a while? I sorta get ragged on by people who meet me for being too cheerful. After awhile, though, I dunno... Haven't really had any friendships outside of my mum and dad.

21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that'll happen in your life? <she blushes> I-I.. dunno. Prolly that both people are happy and wanna make each other happy.

22. What are you most proud of about your personal life? <she shrugs> I haven't done much, but I think I'm a good person. Is that something to be proud of?

23. What are you most ashamed of in your personal life? Dunno, my personal life is sort of just every day stuff right now.

24. If you could spend the day with someone you admire (living or dead or imaginary), who would you pick? Ooooh! That's a good question, I have no idea! Never thought about anything like that before.

25. Do you think you've turned out the way your parents expected? <laughs, though it's threaded with sadness> Not at all, if I had, I'd be out on a ship right now..

26. What do you believe about gods? I believe they're somewhere. <quietly> Sometimes, I'm not convinced they care, though.

27. Is there anything you've always wanted to do but haven't done? What would happen if you did it? Yes! <giggles shyly> I dunno what would happen, nothin' too noteworthy though, prolly.

28. What's the worst thing that's happened in your life? What did you learn from it? Heh, I suppose that would be the first time I got sooo seasick on a voyage that my parents turned around the ship for me. I learned that I couldn't be a sailor that day.

29. Tell me about your best friend. Uhm... I have a couple. Some people call 'em my pets...

30. What's the worst thing you've ever done to someone? Why? I accidentally threw up on some rich lady's cloak when I got seasick for the first time. Does that count?

31. What would you like it to say on your tombstone? <smiles wistfully> The star that shone through the grey.

32. Describe your ideal mate. <her eyes widen and she flushes crimson> I-uh, er. I dunno.. I suppose I'd like a boy that likes the same things I do..

33. What are you most afraid of? Didn't you already ask this? <scratches her head>

34. What's the most important thing in your life? What do you value most? Happiness, I guess.

35. What do you like best about yourself? Least? That I know how to smile! And, uhm... that I'm, er, well.. inexperienced in some things.

36. How do you feel about your life right now? What, if anything, would you like to change? <shrugs> I dunno anyone who wouldn't wanna change something. I suppose I wish I had some closer friends.

37. Are you lying to yourself about something? What is it? <says simply> Maybe.

Raveneesa
Honored Patron
Honored Patron

Post by Raveneesa » 11/16/10

1. What is your name? What do people call you? Have you ever gone under an alias?

My full and formal name is Lady Raveneesa T'Azaric. Most call me Raven though since that is what I ask of them. No, no alias.. Now what they call me behind my back..I do not know.

2. Where were you born?

I was born in the shadow of Mistmoore Castle, in a little village in the Loping Plains.

It was just my Mother and I.. My Father didn't stick around after he got her pregnant. I have no brothers or sisters as my Dad pretty much ruined her for any other man. Least that is what she used to constantly murmer when she didn't think I could hear her.

Normal I suppose..School, chores, friends. Wasn't until a little later that things got crazy.

I had basic education, leaning towards alchemy since that was what my Mother did. As I said, all pretty normal until later. Then alot of education I got on the run. No, no role models. They just let you down in the end as well, don't they?

6. What sort of exposure did you have to outside events? Other races? Other cultures? Other religions?

I was exposed to the likes of Vampires and Void creatures at a young age. What? Don't look at me like that.. You ask. I told you. People of other races travelled through all the time. And since I wasn't raised in Neriak I was around far more than just Teir'dal. Religion...is a joke. So don't ask again.

I believe in keeping myself alive. I believe in raw lust..whether it sexual lust or blood lust. To me that is the one true valid emotion. Some of my race say Hate is also valid. *shrugs* I hate very little... And definetly not enough to create an entire religion out of it.

I left home because the idiots in my village decided I was a witch. *laughs evilly and shows the brand on her inner wrist* If only they really had a clue. Anyway, I was jailed and was to be burned. My mother slept with the jailer killed him and I ran as far as I could from that place.

I had no social standing when I started out in life. Through my ease at working the social scene, my knowledge of the higher ups secret's and such.. I was given the title of Lady of some such something or other. *shrugs* I forget. But, that also got me booted out of Freeport. So you get some you give some..

10. How do you make money? What sort of skills do you have? Who taught them to you?

I'm an assassin and spy. People pay me to get rid of problems, find secrets, et cetra. Skills.... *grins and leans forward* I could kill you before you could blink another time if I liked..I could have poisoned that glass in front of you and you never even noticed. *shrugs and sits back* Let's just say I was born with them.

I drink and lounge around the Raven Mythic for relaxation mostly. Hobbies...drinking and hanging around the Raven Mythic. *laughs softly* Also, I like to hunt prey, create new poisons. *bats her eyelashes* Walks in the moonlight and puppies. *rolls her eyes* What sort of interview is this anyway??

In the circumstance that you pay me... Or if you harm someone I am protecting.

My own stupidity I suppose. OH! not from... FOR. Someone I was protecting..the less fortunate.

14. What frightens you?

Spiders

I have many..I collect trinkets from people I care for and I will cherish them always because they cared enough to give them to me.

16. Who have you loved?

Love.... I've always said there was no such thing. *shrugs and sits back almost pouting* Truth be told, I'm not sure what that is. Or if I am capable of it. Easier not to find out wouldn't you say?

17. What are your goals?

To stay alive.. To be happy..

No clue...I've never been allowed to stay somewhere very long. So I really quit planning for the future.

*gives the interviewer a look* Really?! What sort of interview is this? You starting a dating service? *sighs* Okay okay...lounging all night in a candlelit room, lots of pillows, lots of wine and very little clothes.

20. What impression do you make on people when they first meet you? How about after they've known you for a while?

Hmmm...Scantly clad Socialite party girl. I hope a sweet natured, amusing friend or lover. I've no clue I normally don't ask what people think of me.

21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that'll happen inyour life?

Bah...why would I even answer that. I don't believe in that either.

That I've overcome for the most part what I am

That I hurt people and don't mean to

No clue..have to get back to you on that

Hmm... yeah most likely. Not sure whether that is good or bad

That they are all at some tea party somewhere comparing notes on how stupid we are to be spending time kneeling at alters and saying our prayers to them.

I used to think I always wanted to be normal and have kids. *sighs* Would definetely not be a good plan for anyone.

28. What's the worst thing that's happened in your life? What did you learn from it?

Meeting my Father...not to be like him

Best friend..do I have one of those? I have Arriella and Chaeli. I suppose Arri is as close to one as I've ever had. She is there to pick up the pieces when I fall apart. Over and over she has done that actually.

I don't want to talk about it.

Ick...I don't wanna think about that either. Something terribly poetic to be sure

Someone to match the lust that runs through my veins. Someone who accepts every bit of who I am and doesn't want to save me or change me.

You ask this...still spiders

The people I call my friends. My sanity..

I like my ability to fit in..to make friends. What I like least..my ability to push them away.

36. How do you feel about your life right now? What, if anything, would you like to change?

I pretty much love my life at this very moment in time. It might change tomorrow.

37. Are you lying to yourself about something? What is it?

Everything I am is most likely a lie I tell myself to get through the day. And I won't be sharing that with you...

Vandall
Regular
Regular

Post by Vandall » 11/17/10

Code: Select all

Vandall. Friends call me Van. Close friends and enemies call me a lot worse. Never had an alias - not important enough to have nor rich enough to afford one. The name was given to me by my foster-mother, since my sister and I never knew what our real names were.

2. Where were you born?

Neriak most likely. At least that's the belief. Not 100% sure.

I am apart of a set of triplets, along with my sister, Veiylin, and my brother, Severan. That is the only family I am aware of.

Your average everyday life of kids growing up on the streets of Beggar's Court without any parents. It was brutal, savage, frightening. Nightmares and cold-sweats still happen to this day.

Received education on the streets. How to steal, how to sell stolen goods, how to rob, how to mug, how to do all sorts of seedy and unsavory things. Beggar's Court was the Classroom, and Misery was the professor.

Events? None really.
Races? All manner of races living in Beggar's Court, so was exposed to them all.
Cultures? Just the Freeport ones as a child.
Religions? Most of them. Enough exposure to know that they were all full of bunk.

Myself.

Because our parents abandoned us when we were small... no recollection of parents, not even the scrap of an image, so it likely happened not too long after we were born.

For the first 20 years? The bottom rung, and it had stayed that way until a few months ago when we worked our way into a Guild and started making real money.

For the majority of our lives, made money by stealing/robbing. Skills include all sorts of low-street skills, from mugging to pick-pocketing to terminations. Most of my skills were self-taught. Some might call it "on-the-job training".

Up until recently, my favorite hobby was "staying alive", in addition to my second favorite hobby "avoiding trouble". Now, at this point in life, I enjoy collections of various types. Oh, and chasing women.

For the right price and/or for the right reason.

Family - all two of them.

And for True Love - if I ever find it.

14. What frightens you?

Dying alone. Unrequited love.

My sanity.

16. Who have you loved?

The first few dozen harlots I hired until I got a clue what love WASN'T (love doesn't demand payment in silver). My sister Veiylin, my brother Severan, my foster-mother Vega (to some degree, at least), Aloucia, Raveneesa, Talaniah, Dellara, Caraina. Birna.

17. What are your goals?

To outlive my enemies, grow wealthy and powerful in the process, to find true-love, have a family.

In a mansion, or in the ground.

Travel Norrath with a beautiful woman on my arm to view the wonders of our world (with much love-making in the process, of course). To witness the sunrise and sunset on such a day without looking over my shoulder.

Depends on who you talk to. I intimidate people in the lower districts of Freeport, but I make officials in the higher sectors want to pinch their noses in distaste.

After getting to know me for awhile, most acquaintances stop taking me too seriously. Probably a wise move on their part.

21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that'll happen inyour life?

No idea. I am sure my 'vision' for such is something out of a storybook or fairytale.

I guess my main hopes for a good marriage would be for my partner to be loyal, to accept my numerous flaws, and possess barrels of patience. Oh, and she'd be smokin' hot, of course.

Not many women around possessing those traits, unfortunately - at least not ones in my league.

That I survived the worst the Freeport could throw at me, and come out ahead.

The things I've had to do in order to achieve #22, above.

While working on a quest to learn to speak Draconic, I was able to spend a good part of the day with Lord Nagafen. We even diced together (he still owes me money). During out talk, he mentioned Lady Vox many times. I guess if I could meet her, that would be the one "someone" I would choose.

Now, if I could pick anyone whether I admired them or not - I'd pick my mother. I'd like to know why everything happened the way it did. I'd like to be able to look her in the eye as she explained why she threw us to the curb like rubbish.

Most definitely not.

I believe they are, for the most part, a silly waste of time. The intelligent races of Norrath can get along fine without their meddling. Hence why I am agnostic. If I am to worship anyone, it would be my partner, especially if I ever found a soul-mate. Only such a person would be worthy of my undying devotion.

I am pretty impulsive, so I generally do what I want - and deal with the consequences later. If I had to provide an answer, I would say it would have been to kiss my former guild-leader. What would happen if I did? She'd have slain me on the spot - but only because her sword is faster than her husband's bow.

Being imprisoned. Left my sister alone and vulnerable. Bad things happened. I learned that if I am going to take such huge risks, I should consider the consequences first.

I don't have one. At least not anymore, at this time.

Stuck a knife between their ribs. For money - to be able to eat.

Something nice, I suppose.

Loyal. Patient. Beautiful. Accepting. Romantic and Loving. Thankful to have me. You did say "ideal" and not "realistic", right?

Answering the same question twice (see #14).

Freedom.

Best - Resiliency, ability to withstand what Life throws at me.

Least - The lows I will stoop to in order to get what I want.

36. How do you feel about your life right now? What, if anything, would you like to change?

It's about as good as it's ever been, despite being betrayed and used. So I probably can't complain overly much.

What would I like to change? Not a whole lot. Sleeping alone on a regular basis kinda sucks, though.

I believe we as sentient beings lie to ourselves about a great number of things, on a regular basis.

What are those things? Believing I am better than the typical street product of Beggar's Court, I guess. Some things, and some people, never change - they just get wrapped up in different, shinier packages and recycled.
Last edited by Vandall on 11/29/10, edited 1 time in total.

Khayte
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Khayte » 11/22/10

Khayte, some call me Kate and others call me Katie. Of course I have aliases, how silly of you to ask.

2. Where were you born?
A remote Lesser Fay outpost.

They are Tunare loving, tree hugging, pacifists! Yes, I have those too.

It was ordinary. I played, I learned, I did chores... in that order.

5. What sort of education did you receive? Were there significant role models?
Mother taught us all. What? Do you think they have schools out in remote outposts?

It was limited to whoever came through the outpost. They brought news of world events and later they would tell stories about other cultures and people. I would hide near the coats when I was supposed to be in bed and listen.

I believe Love is a gift and Hate is the weapon used to protect it.

I was disowned, so I had little choice.

I am a means to an end. When others want something done but don't want to dirty their hands with the details, they hire me. They lose something, I find it. They want something gone, I make it disappear.

Yes, at first I was nothing. I quickly realized that in order to keep my life, I would have to learn how to survive anywhere, off of anything. When I finally stumbled upon Freeport, I found people could use my skills, pay for it handsomely and go about their lives without worry.

People pay me. Others no longer need what they have when I finish my job.

I have many skills.

Living and wanting to remain that way taught me what I needed to know. Later I found a few masters who took me under their wings. Some did, some merely confirmed I had the correct thinking.

I go to the Raven to relax. I create wooden puzzles.

Payment. Protection. Personal.

I won't, so it's not really a concern.

14. What frightens you?
Heh, how times have changed.

laughs a bit harder For that one too...

16. Who have you loved?
Many and well. Oh... you mean 'love' loved? That is a smaller number, but still I love them even though one reigns supreme over them all.

17. What are your goals?
To live up to and pass my potential.

considers this for a moment To be the weapon of someone powerful.

I would steal my Love away from her job, and we would go some place beautiful. We would enjoy a fine picnic, and she would read to me. After that, well... go find your own.

laughs Seems I get a few reactions out of people... fear, lust, intrigue.

Few get to that point. When you get there, you'll have your other answer.

21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that'll happen in your life?
What I have right now, and lasts till the end of time.

I dearly hope so.

That I am not too stupid to learn.

That I cannot fix everyone I love.

A great warrior princess.

snorts derisively Oh gods, no! laughs heartily for a while, tears coming out of her eyes

That they guide and bestow gifts.

Again, the timing of the interview...

Hrm, there's a couple that come to mind. Which of them was worse? They applied to different areas of my life. They both perfectly prepared me for where I am at right now.

She is tenacious. She is my cheerleader. She has never left me. She always has a clever idea.

Ask the families of those left behind... if any remain. It's my job, and I love it. Use me.

There won't be one.

Go find your own.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to kill you for making me repeat myself.

The Gift. My Heart.

I'm me. I haven't reached my potential yet.

I am enjoying life right now very much. Oh, the changes are coming... taps the table

offers a feral smile and then chuckles as the chair opposite hers clatters to the ground

Camilya
Honored Patron
Honored Patron

Post by Camilya » 11/24/10

Camilya Emberwood. I'm mostly called cami if not my full first name as only friends know my last name. However, she calls me something that I cherish hearing.
2. Where were you born?
In my father's home in Kelethin.
I have two sisters. My family was a merchant family and my mother was a sweet woman. Father though was stern. she seems distracted
Pleasant...
Father ensured that we had the best education he could afford. But truly, I feel my best lessons came from Nana, the nurse mother hired.
None really. Except for those who came to the family shop.
That you must do what is best for you. Only you know what makes you happy.
I left kelethin when father demanded that I marry a distant cousin. I refuse to marry someone I don't love. I was forced out of Qeynos when someone saw me casting hexes...
For a time I was a merchant's daughter, then a starving tailor, and now I'm a dancing tailor and an adventurer. Oh nana would be proud. Father not so much...
I make outfits and items and sell them in the Freeport markets. I am a sorcerer and should not speak of my tutor...
Oh I read voraciously. But lately I've also enjoyed exploring and seeing what the world off the beaten paths is like. Such fun.
Oh...well in self-defense of course and to protect those I care for. I know this to be true.
At one time, I was willing to die if it meant I could do ~anything~ of value. Now I refuse to die because I want a long life with someone special.
14. What frightens you?
Oh thank heavens you didn't ask me this months ago. I was such a frightened thing. Now, I am just horribly unnerved by elementals. Not shriekingly so, but I hate them.
*she smiles and presses a palm to her heart* Mmm, my world.
16. Who have you loved?
I've loved only twice. The first was a man who never treated me the way I thought I wanted. It wasn't an even relationship. I love a woman now who has filled my life with light and sweetness.
17. What are your goals?
I am going to become a better sorceror as well as a famed tailor and maybe a regular dancer. No...those are career goals. I know where I truly want to be in a few years. She blushes smile as her smile curls upward
I'm sure you can guess.
Well, I'd take my love away from her own duties so we could go hunting together or maybe just exploring. The fun part would be to see how long we can stay focused on that task before we sneak off to the nearest spire for home. She eeks and insists that you not record that.
That I'm so shy that I undress with my eyes closed. After a while they say I'm sweet but reserved...not as much these days.
Yes it will! Because one day I will...wait that's presumptuous. I will say that I imagine that aside from name, it will be similar to what I have now.
That I can look at a man in the eye and tell them that they are wrong. One day, I'll be able to tell my father I hated how stern he is. Maybe he'll forgive me and we can catch up.
That I've wasted so much time being shy and afraid while my soul screamed for expression.
A warrior poet or an author.
Mother would likely be proud of me, but truly I know I'm nowhere near where they thought I'd be.
They exist and bestow blessings when you work.
I'm there now actually. I've dreamt of being an adventurer with a love by my side and I'll tell you, it's been a truly inspiring experience.
I came home to Qeynos and found that my adopting brother has fled to some place and that my home was being searched for evil items by Templars of Life. I found out later that my neighbor saw me transforming things into toads and bats and called down the templars blaming me for witchcraft. I learned to stick to those who will not shun me.
Oh! I don't have too many friends actually. Though one, other than my love, does stand out. His name is Yahlik and I've heard him called a prick, but he was very patient in explaining to me that I should pursue my happy ending instead of waiting for it to find me. That's what brought me into the raven.
Next question.
How morbid.
I have.
Elementals. Beyond that I find the idea of servitude absolutely abhorrent.
My independence. It allowed me to choose my life, my love, and my future.
I've been told that I'm creative, but also that I don't share it enough.
Life is looking up and I truly feel that I finally found something that will go right. I wouldn't dare change a thing.
Not at all.

Sabeane
Resident
Resident

Post by Sabeane » 12/05/10

The blind fold was removed from your eyes, sitting across from you was a young teir'dal, soft candle light illuminated a small area so you could just make out her. She arched a slender brow as she spoke.

"So you are the one who has been asking all the questions?"

The man before her stammers slightly as she asked the question. She put her hand up to stop him from speaking.

"How about you hear the information straight from me, instead of the rumors."

1. What is your name? What do people call you? Have you ever gone under an alias? My birth name is Sabeane Ril'dein Dal'cor. *she looked to him at the quick stream of questions* People that know me only call me Sabeane to them I have know last name and yes I have... *she turns looks to the side and the glimpse of a rose tattoo was seen on the back of her neck*

2. Where were you born? I was born at sea on the Siren's Rage. It was a harsh winter on the Frostfang sea that year.

3. What is your family like? Did you have any siblings? Family.... well Papa....is a man of sea, a Captain and a human. Many consider him to be a pirate and rogue... they would be correct. Mama is as pure Teir as they come. She is a Baroness to Neriak a well known name at court once upon a time.
Siblings? No...mama and papa was only gifted with me.

4. What was your childhood like? Normal...

5. What sort of education did you recieve? Were there significant role models? Papa taught me life skills such as trickery, how to take advantage of a situation, skills with a blade, and mama school me in the finer things, art, reading,

6. What sort of exposure did you have to outside events? Other races? Other cultures? Other religions? ....I grew up on the Siren's Rage and on land, when we made port we lived at a small Kerran fishing village outside of Halas. As I grew I met and saw many beings...some were more common then others. The gods ranged, Mama was a deep follower of the Prince of Hate, Papa didn't see the point in Gods but he often referred to Karana for thanks if we cleared a storm...so perhap he didn't worship them pure as many did.

7. What do you believe in? The now.

8. Why did you leave home - or why do you stay? I sought to make my own way and experiance the adventures papa would often speak of.

9. What is your position in society? Has this changed over your lifetime? It began as a simple traveler...but with a few well forged documents I live quite comfortably in the North District of Freeport.

10. How do you make money? What sort of skills do you have? Who taught them to you? *she gives a seductive yet mischievous smirk at the question and brought a goblet of wine to her lips* Oh.. that is done in many ways some ways more fun or exotic then others. My skills vary, from forgery, dance, throwing blade, seduction, allure, poisons....*she arched a brow* If I continue you will be here for days... and they were taught to be my parents.

11.What do you do to relax? What hobbies do you have? I practice my tumbling to keep myself limber which I find very restful, cooking, writing recipes *she tilted her head at the other question* That is a hobby as well... and I enjoy reading, dancing, theiving, the study of herbs and the things they can be made from them.

12. Under what circumstances would you kill? If I was payed...or in protection of myself or my family.

13. What would you die for? Next question.... *she turned her head she would not divulge that information*

14. What frightens you? Vampires...and nightmares...

15. What is your most prized possession? Hmmm I have many...but if I have to pick one thing I would take with me....it would be my blades.

16. Who have you loved? Next question.... *again a question she would not budge on*

17. What are your goals? Many to long to name

18. Where do you see yourself in the future? Possibly at sea... or a body guard perhaps a spy.

19. If you had a free day with no responsibilities and your only mission was to enjoy yourself, what would you do? Partice my skills.

20. What impression do you make on people when they first meet you? How about after they've known you for a while? Do I look like I really care...

21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that'll happen in your life? Hmmm I will let you know when I have found a mate... Will it happen you say? Possibly if there is a man out there that can tame me.

22. What are you most proud of about your personal life? Waking up the next morning alive.

23. What are you most ashamed of in your personal life? Nothing... or nothing I will speak of.

24. If you could spend the day with someone you admire (living or dead or imaginary), who would you pick? ....Next question....

25. Do you think you've turned out the way your parents expected? I think they would be proud.

26. What do you believe about gods? Nothing... the gods are a creation by man to control others.

27. Is there anything you've always wanted to do but haven't done? What would happen if you did it? Not sure...I will try anything once.

28. What's the worst thing that's happened in your life? What did you learn from it? I was betrayed into releasing a vampire from his imprisonment... and for that I suffered. I let my guard down that one time...it will not happen again.

29. Tell me about your best friend. I do not keep friends in my line of work...or none that I will speak of.

30. What's the worst thing you've ever done to someone? Why? I have done many things that I could burn for.

31. What would you like it to say on your tombstone? "I'm not dead, I'm behind you."

32. Describe your ideal mate. A male not scared to be dominant in private times, shares my interest, exciting, as well as a friend.

33. What are you most afraid of? Vampires

34. What's the most important thing in your life? What do you value most? Me...without me my life would not exist

35. What do you like best about yourself? Least? I use what my parents gifted me with...body and mind. Least...being a perfectionist but it is what has kept me alive

36. How do you feel about your life right now? What, if anything, would you like to change? Life goes smooth and rough..it is the norm and no...it would not be interesting then.

37. Are you lying to yourself about something? What is it? I wouldn't do that...if I cannot trust myself...then what is the point?

Aloucia
Resident
Resident

Post by Aloucia » 12/05/10

1. What is your name? What do people call you? Have you ever gone under an alias? My name is Aloucia. Aloucia Faye. For reasons beyond me, people have a habit of calling me anything and everything from Alou, LouLou, Loucie, Faye, Half Breed. And so on and so on.

2. Where were you born? From what I can tell, Freeport. Unless there's information of the contrary, of course.

3. What is your family like? Did you have any siblings? I am quite blissfully without family, relatives, siblings. I was an orphan on the streets of Freeport, so there is no telling what my parents have been up to, if they had more children or if they are even still alive. I'd like to think them all dead at this point. Far easier to blame those that are dead for my childhood.

4. What was your childhood like? Speaking of. I spent many of my childhood days scrounging about for food. At least until I ventured outside the city walls. I wasn't without my friends, however. And because of them, I realized that I was meant to be a Druid. Adorable.

5. What sort of education did you receive? Were there significant role models? I am self-trained, the best sort. I didn't need to rely on others when all I needed was myself.

6. What sort of exposure did you have to outside events? Other races? Other cultures? Other religions? It's Freeport, sweetheart. It takes all sorts.

7. What do you believe in? Many things. Are we speaking in terms of religion or the people of those around me?

8. Why did you leave home - or why do you stay? I left home the first time because of love. I found someone and wanted to with her. I went blindly. When that didn't work out, I stayed in Kelethin to better serve my home city from afar.

9. What is your position in society? Has this changed over your lifetime? I went from being a poor, orphan to... well, not. That's something. I'm still climbing that ladder. *She smiles*

10. How do you make money? What sort of skills do you have? Who taught them to you? My, you're asking a lot of questions. Is someone putting you up to this. Suppose I have to tread lightly when discussing this. I make money however I'm able to. With several different means. ...No, not -those- sort of means, get that nasty grin off your face. Sick. Like I said, I taught myself.

11.What do you do to relax? What hobbies do you have? The best sort of relaxing is spending time with Viscont. Cute, I know. But it's more than that. He rarely talks unless it's absolutely needed. The quiet moments are best when it's simply the two of us. No asking how each other are, no asking what the other is thinking. Alternatively, there's always training.

12. Under what circumstances would you kill? ... *She's quiet for awhile* If my life depended on it. And I imagine it doesn't get any easier over time.

13. What would you die for? For those I love. It sounds disgustingly sweet, but it's a wide variety when you consider the word 'love'.

14. What frightens you? Losing closest friends and having to travel the remainder of my days on this sad, little world alone.

15. What is your most prized possession? My wolf pelt.

16. Who have you loved? ... *She simply dodges the question*

17. What are your goals? To be happy. Happily powerful. Happily wealthy. You know.

18. Where do you see yourself in the future? Basking in what I should have had years ago.

19. If you had a free day with no responsibilities and your only mission was to enjoy yourself, what would you do? Every day is like that for me, sweetheart.

20. What impression do you make on people when they first meet you? How about after they've known you for a while? When first meeting me, I come off as approachable, lovely, sweet, kind, trustworthy. I'd like to say that I remain that way.

21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that will happen in your life? I've failed twice now to get married. I'm well without. Though, the want to do so is still there, it isn't imperative.

22. What are you most proud of about your personal life? Finding my Dearest. It's so adorable, isn't it? *She rolls her eyes*

23. What are you most ashamed of in your personal life? A few people that I've associated myself with over the years. But what is done is done and all is better now.

24. If you could spend the day with someone you admire (living or dead or imaginary), who would you pick? No idea.

25. Do you think you've turned out the way your parents expected? I never knew my parents, as I've already told you. How should I know what they expected?

26. What do you believe about gods? I don't. All I know is that if you pay lip service for long enough, you get something special. Otherwise, who cares?

27. Is there anything you've always wanted to do but haven't done? What would happen if you did it? I do anything and everything I want. Within reason.

28. What's the worst thing that's happened in your life? What did you learn from it? I don't remember... *Seems like a rather quick answer, once again dodging it*

29. Tell me about your best friend. She's sweet. To me anyway. She's the only constant in this life of mine. She's always been there for me. Her name is Shayce.

30. What's the worst thing you've ever done to someone? Why? I've killed someone.

31. What would you like it to say on your tombstone? I don't want to think about it.

32. Describe your ideal mate. Give you two guesses and you'll only need one. Starts with the letter 'V'

33. What are you most afraid of? Being alone.

34. What's the most important thing in your life? What do you value most? Right now, there is only one thing I blindly value most and I don't think he fully realizes it.

35. What do you like best about yourself? Least? I like my looks. At least it gets me noticed. The least is my indecisiveness.

36. How do you feel about your life right now? What, if anything, would you like to change? It's complicated at best. I'll be sure to inform you when I find out more.

37. Are you lying to yourself about something? What is it? Lying is such a negative word.

Illiase
Patron
Patron

Post by Illiase » 12/08/10

1. What is your name? What do people call you? Have you ever gone under an alias? "My name is Illiase. Where's the surname? Lost it, or at least the memory of it."

2. Where were you born? "No idea. For all I know, somewhereon Timorous Deep. Other wise, could be Luclin for all I know... or care."

3. What is your family like? Did you have any siblings? "Family? Don't know, don't care. My friends are as much my family as my parents."

4. What was your childhood like? "You do not want to know about that vile pit of hell I grew up in. Trust me, or your about as sane as I am."

5. What sort of education did you recieve? Were there significant role models? "Education...? What's that? Is it some sort of food?"

6. What sort of exposure did you have to outside events? Other races? Other cultures? Other religions? "Outside of a Gorowyn research lab? Hah. As if."

7. What do you believe in? "Gods? I don't give a damn. Otherwise, I've learned that on the streets, you can only believe in yourself."

8. Why did you leave home - or why do you stay?"Home? I never knew it. The little cave on the coast is as much of a home as any, and I am content to stay until I leave Timorous Deep and never look back. And I would rather not explain why I hate the place so."

9. What is your position in society? Has this changed over your lifetime?"Orphan, former slave and test subject, street urchin, girl who lives in the beach cave in the wild. Pretty much always rock bottom. And that's just the way I like it."

10. How do you make money? What sort of skills do you have? Who taught them to you? "Money? Now that would be revealling trade secrets, no? Skill wise, nothing of much use other than quick witsand hands, a sharp spear, and a spirit connection of unusual strength. Otherwise, I'm just your average girl in the gutters."

11.What do you do to relax? What hobbies do you have?"Relax? I don't know how. I'm always doing something, be it getting into trouble or living life. Why relax?"

12. Under what circumstances would you kill? "If my freedom were threatened. I had it stolen from me for over ten cycles of the seasons, and I don't want to give it up again. Ever."

13. What would you die for?"Loss of beforementioned freedom. I would rather die than lose it... I might have been willing to die for a certain friend, but she kinda beat me to it."

14. What frightens you?"Losing my freedom, slavers... those people who do research in Gorowyn... Parsers, I think they were called."

15. What is your most prized possession? "My cloak, and my wits. The cloak is quite useful, and my brains even more so. I quite value the use of my ever-shifting hands as well."

16. Who have you loved?"Loved...? I don't know. There was one who I might have loved, but I'm not sure... I'm no good with my damn emotions."

17. What are your goals? "Get of this godsforsaken rock Gorowyn, live life to the fullest, and die a happy death. No more, and no less."

18. Where do you see yourself in the future? "...somewhere. I don't know where, but better not be here."

19. If you had a free day with no responsibilities and your only mission was to enjoy yourself, what would you do? "Pretty much never gonna happen. It's nice to dream, though."

20. What impression do you make on people when they first meet you? How about after they've known you for a while? "How am I supposed to know? Most people call me cheerful, but they all act like they can sense a pent up storm inside."

21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that'll happen inyour life? "Marriage?! Me? Hahahaha... Not happening. Ever. A lover, maybe, but no marriage for me. Too many restrictions."

22. What are you most proud of about your personal life? "My freedom. It shows me that there's some hope left for me, hidden out there."

23. What are you most ashamed of in your personal life? "My past. I will speak no further of this."

24. If you could spend the day with someone you admire (living or dead or imaginary), who would you pick? "My former best friend. She taught me the value of hope. I doubt I'll see much of her, though. You generally don't see much of people who've been run through."

25. Do you think you've turned out the way your parents expected?"No idea. Does it matter? 'Cause they're either dead, or they don't give a damn."

26. What do you believe about gods?"Their worthless. Why worship anything but the world around you?"

27. Is there anything you've always wanted to do but haven't done? What would happen if you did it? "I think I've mentioned getting of this damned rock at least three times, does that count? I'd probably agrivate several of my old enemies by doing it, though."

28. What's the worst thing that's happened in your life? What did you learn from it? "I watched my own best friend run through with a spear, helpless to do anything. I suppose it showed me the value of living life the way you want. She never got the chance."

29. Tell me about your best friend. "She was a kind girl, younger than I by a year or so. She always kept her eyes forward, hoping the future would bring her salvation. It never did, but that didn't deter her. She was strong and wise, stronger and wiser than I ever will be."

30. What's the worst thing you've ever done to someone? Why? "I've murdered. Because I was fool enough to think that it would save a life at the time. Obviously, I was wrong."

31. What would you like it to say on your tombstone? "Here lies Illiase, a free fool."

32. Describe your ideal mate. Rather than answering, the girl blushes and shakes her head vigourously, inviting no more discussion on the subject.

33. What are you most afraid of? "Didn't you already ask this? As I said before, losing my free life. Going back to that cage strikes fear into the deepest depths of my heart."

34. What's the most important thing in your life? What do you value most?"My freedom, as I have stated already. I see no point in life without it."

35. What do you like best about yourself? Least?"Best? My looks mostly. You'd be suprised at what people say around someone who looks no older than twelve. Nobody notices a kid. Worst? My connection to spirits. It has brought me far to much grief to be a good thing."

36. How do you feel about your life right now? What, if anything, would you like to change?"Right now, the only thing that could get better is leaving this rock. I love my life. Nothing brings me more joy than living free among the wilds."

37. Are you lying to yourself about something? What is it? "If I lied to myself, I'd go insane, which wouldn't be good, granted that people already think I've hit my head a little too hard."

Dewin
Visitor

Post by Dewin » 12/10/10

1. What is your name? What do people call you? Have you ever gone under an alias? My full name is Dewin Tor'Dinn, friends call me Dew or Jypsy.

2. Where were you born? Neriak

3. What is your family like? Did you have any siblings? My mother is a duchess and priestess of Innoruuk, she is also a seer. My father is a powerful warlock and pretty much raised me as my mother was too busy to bother with me most of the time. No siblings as in my family line there is only one female born each generation to pass on the seer abilities. *shrugs as if this is normal*

4. What was your childhood like? Father tried the best he could to raise me to be a true noble lady, but I was bored and wandered all over Neriak usually.

5. What sort of education did you recieve? Were there significant role models? Private tutors of course, role models? *pauses and thinks a minute* Nope none that I can remember.

6. What sort of exposure did you have to outside events? Other races? Other cultures? Other religions? My father was amazingly tolerant of other races and taught me to be curious and seek knowledge. My mother however tried to teach me Tier'dal were supreme to everyone else and I love the fact my best friend is Ratonga and it drives her nuts.

7. What do you believe in? Myself, and um not sure what else.

8. Why did you leave home - or why do you stay? I live in the family manor in Neriak overlooking the castle presently, but will be moving soon to get out of Neriak to be away from having to see the "queen" and her pets.

9. What is your position in society? Has this changed over your lifetime? Well my mother is a duchess and very powerful, someday I am supposed to take over the title and her place in Neriak. *grins a bit* Boy is she going to be mad when that doesn't happen!

10. How do you make money? What sort of skills do you have? Who taught them to you? Money? Never given it much thought as our family has always been quite wealthy. My skills are inherited and relate mostly to fire though I can conjure up a nasty ice comet when the need arises. My father taught me basic magic and my tutor Evoca taught me to control the elements.

11.What do you do to relax? What hobbies do you have?I like to read and light fairies wings on fire. *scowls a bit* What? Isn't that a normal hobby?

12. Under what circumstances would you kill? If it amuses me to light someone on fire I do it, not my fault if they are flamable. *shrugs*

13. What would you die for? Not sure yet...ask me in a few more years.

14. What frightens you? Becoming like my mother.

15. What is your most prized possession? My pet drake Pyro, he is my faithful constant companion.

16. Who have you loved? Love? Not sure I have been in love yet, lust sure but not love.

17. What are your goals? To hone my skills with fire and realize my full potential.

18. Where do you see yourself in the future? Not in Neriak and maybe settled down with someone worthy of my love.

19. If you had a free day with no responsibilities and your only mission was to enjoy yourself, what would you do? That one is easy, spend it in Enchanted Lands. Have a nice picnic, light some fairies on fire and relax to the sounds of their death throes.

20. What impression do you make on people when they first meet you? How about after they've known you for a while? I like to think I am friendly enough, once people get to know me they will see I am a devoted friend.

21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that'll happen inyour life? No idea how to answer that, you see my mother uses men for amusement so never had a good role model for marriage.

22. What are you most proud of about your personal life? That so far i am not like my mother.

23. What are you most ashamed of in your personal life? *glares a bit* Next question!

24. If you could spend the day with someone you admire (living or dead or imaginary), who would you pick? Another easy one, Sol Ro to learn from him.

25. Do you think you've turned out the way your parents expected? *snickers a bit then smiles* Heck no, my mother was infuriated when I became a wizard instead of a priestess. She still thinks I will change my mind, my father just wants me to be happy.

26. What do you believe about gods? They are useful to a point, but then again they use us as well.

27. Is there anything you've always wanted to do but haven't done? What would happen if you did it? Sounds sappy but fall in love. Oh and throw a fireball at the queen, she deserves it.

28. What's the worst thing that's happened in your life? What did you learn from it? Hasn't happened yet, I'll get back to you on that one.

29. Tell me about your best friend. Ryni is a singing chipmunk chef, well really she is a ratonga but don't tell her that or she might stab you. She makes the best pies ever and accepts me for who I am not my title or what I am supposed to be.

30. What's the worst thing you've ever done to someone? Why? Light them on fire I guess, they deserved it for annoying me! *mumbles* stupid arasai

31. What would you like it to say on your tombstone? Nothing, I plan on figuring out how to become immortal so I can continue to learn more about magic and history.

32. Describe your ideal mate. No clue really, except they have to be able to make me smile.

33. What are you most afraid of? Again, becoming my mother. *shudders*

34. What's the most important thing in your life? What do you value most? Friendship, no really once I do become friends with someone I am very devoted.

35. What do you like best about yourself? Least? Best? My ability to see both sides of a situation. Least..hmm maybe my weakness for sweets.

36. How do you feel about your life right now? What, if anything, would you like to change? My life is ok, but I am young and I know better things are coming my way.

37. Are you lying to yourself about something? What is it? I don't lie to myself, if i hold things inside things tend to light on fire around me. Not a very healthy thing to do.

Ernool
Honored Patron
Honored Patron

Post by Ernool » 01/30/11

Name's Ernool Nassar. Well Primary Ernool Nassar of Gorowyn, but you can just call me Ernie.
2. Where were you born?
Some orphanage in Qeynos. Mom had no choice but to like, go to a clinic after dad decided to be a bum.
I dunno, maybe I have siblings from dad, but I was like, mom's only child. Mom was always awesome though, warning me about running with the wrong dudes. So like, she became a strong soldier when she got into the Watchers.
Poor. I mean I wasn't hungry since I used to steal to make sure mom and I had fresh food to eat, almost got caught a couple of times. But it's like, I was just a punk making my way through Freeport.
Early education were with the public tutors that hung outside of the temples in Freeport. So you know, "Worship the overlord and this is why Lucan is good" mixed in with math and common. None of it really struck me as important until I moved to Gorowyn and dealt with Sarnaks who were all "Earn your keep, softskin". Yahlik, was one of my first friends.
Dude, I was born in Qeynos, Grew up in Freeport, and became a man in Gorowyn. You totally can't get much more diverse than that. Buuuut, as far as Faith, I threw in with the Tribunal, when I started to see what value honor and justice totally had.
If you have strength you gotta pull yourself up by your own bootstraps, and that you like, owe it to your city and loved ones to live honorably and justly. What? I love my city, and I'll be damned if people are going to look at me and say, "That there is an A-hole. Don't be like him."
I left Gorowyn once. Cause I was chasing a girl. Big mistake. I was trying to fill one hole with another. I stay cause I see that some of my comrades and the kids at Io House need protection and need to know that someone is on their side, to like, give them a chance to make their own way. I'm not here to run your life, but I will protect your right to run it yourself.
I earned my way, from being a merc to being a Primary with Norrath's most awesome army. That means that I'm entitled to the respect and responsibility of being a high leader in the Watchers. It's cool.
I'm a soldier and a fletcher to, so I make my money with these services to the military. My fighting styles are all totally self-taught, just all the fights got into growing up. Fletching I sorta...I...don't laugh but my first girl was sad cause her brother came down with an illness and died so I carved a figurine of him so she'd have something to remember him by. I like carving and whittling and apprenticed to some fletcher in Freeport after we uh...she was my first.
Dude, I used to go to parties and drink myself stupid or get into trouble with Yahlik. But then, I hit secondary, mom's rank, and decided that hey, it's time to get serious cause it's gotten real, ya know. So, I work out alot, volunteer at Io House when I get a full day, and lately I go desert exploring with Layla.
To defend my home and my loved ones easily. Or if you try to kill me. Start some there will be some.
Psh, old age. Seriously, you totally can't decide "I'm in this cause to die." I mean sure I may die for my city, but I'm in it to win. So like, you'll never hear me say some stupid shit like "I'm going to die for this." No way, I'll just force my way through by cussedness if I need to.
14. What frightens you?
Failure...
This green robe. It was the first gift I received when I formally joined the Watchers. Mom was proud...hell she was prouder when I was about to hit Secondary and she called me Ernool, instead of Rank Nassar. Too bad she died before seeing me.
16. Who have you loved?
*he rubs the back of his neck* Like, romantic love or love love. I mean, it's obvious I love my mom ya know. But romantically, there were a few girls that I was with. *he pauses for a moment* I have bad luck with them. Like they either leave to follow their dreams, or they just get all distant on me, or become undead. I dunno.
17. What are your goals?
Defend my city from all threats within and without. *he quietly mutters something about being a better father and husband than his dad*.
Still trying to decide. Was thinking about being an investigator ya know.
Surfing, running, climbing, and lounging on some beach somewhere. Or maybe exploring some unknown new locale.
Most people see me as just a dude, and that's fair. I know that I was told that most people see me and are like, "He's simple" and pass me off. The ones that stick by, I guess they still see me as a dude, but I've heard folks say, "He's trustworthy, a good man, and dependable." See, Devolnu was right, this is how I want to be seen.
*The question draws a twitch* Well...~IF~ I get the chance, it'll be with a woman who trusts me. Who can take care of herself as I can take of me. Cause, I dunno, I don't really dig mousey needy girls. It'd be cool to have kids of my own. Don't laugh but I see like a mountain room, red ashed wood fence. All that shit.
Dude, I'm an ayr'dal Primary AND the tribunal's Paragon of Truth. So I'm like a super just guy.
*He mentions something about failing a few women in his life.*
I mean, of course I'd say my mom, but if I could totally pick someone else...not really sure. Oh! I know, I heard there's this iksar fighter who's like a credit to fighters everywhere. I would totally love to spar him sometime, then we could hit up drinks afterwards. I mean imagine what I could learn.
Screw dad. I Think mom's proud though.
The gods are out there and it's up to us to choose a path and see it through. So like, that's why I'm with the tribunal. Justice for all.
*he grins* Nope, I not only made secondary, but now I'm a primary. So it's all gravy from here.
The day, that I left Gorowyn for a girl. I was nearly cast outta the watchers, nearly drummed out of service, and saw my mother shake her head at me. I learned that no woman is worth throwing away my dreams.
I would tell you about Yahlik, but I haven't seen him in forever. He's a funny dude though, great fighter but always getting into stuff. You should totally ask him about the panty raid and the night spent hanging from a mountain side. But no, right now I'm thinking my best friends are Luna, Zirah, and Layla. They are all tough women who won't give up. I respect that.
You know what...I don't wanna answer this one.
Here lies Primary Ernool Nassar. Gorowyn's Hope and Awesome Father and Husband.
*He grins for a moment* Someone free, great in bed, accepting of my duties as a soldier, and strong enough to give me a great spar from time to time.
Failure. If I failed someone and they died or lost something from it...ugh...
I value...I value my strength, the strength to help and show people a better way. That they can do it as well.
Well, I guess I'm happy that I've grown up some. I mean I was a ganger in freeport for a while and did some stuff I'm not proud of. Then there's the fact I failed some folks. But, I'm a primary, I've got a good house, and I'm making a difference. 'Course, sometimes I miss being able to heal...I screwed up on that one. I guess, I sometimes wish I looked before I leaped more often, ya know.
Wouldn't change a thing. Seriously, I know some dudes look at their lives and they're like, "I bet things would be different if I did this or that". Thinking like that though just depresses you and you can't know what would change. There are no second chances ya know. Did I make mistakes? Hell yeah, but I'm not changing them.
Damn, heavy question. I dunno, sometimes I wonder if I'm really as comfortable where, with whom, and why I'm where I am. So, maybe I have some doubts.

Slathandra
Honored Patron
Honored Patron

Post by Slathandra » 02/04/11

1. What is your name? What do people call you? Have you ever gone under an alias? Slathandra, No I don’t uses an alias, I would rather just change my name.

2. Where were you born? I have no idea.

3. What is your family like? Did you have any siblings? Most likely they are all dead now. So I do not know.

4. What was your childhood like? I have no idea. I would like to think it was happy, but I did end up a vampire so it clearly didn’t have a happy ending.

5. What sort of education did you recieve? Were there significant role models? I can speak and read most languages but I have no memory of a formal education.

6. What sort of exposure did you have to outside events? Other races? Other cultures? Other religions? There has never been a more destructive force on the face of this planet than organized religion. So I avoid it at all costs. As for other races, they taste delicious, but their cultures are not worth learning. Do you study the nature of a cow before you butcher it for dinner? I think not.

7. What do you believe in? Next question.

8. Why did you leave home - or why do you stay? A Paladin burned it to the ground. I felt it was time to move after that.

9. What is your position in society? Has this changed over your lifetime? Outcast. And no I’ve always been one.

10. How do you make money? What sort of skills do you have? Who taught them to you? Why do I need money? As for skills, well, I can apparently cook although I don’t remember when I learned.

11.What do you do to relax? What hobbies do you have? I stalk a villager, break into their house, and watch them sleep. Then I wake them up to hear them scream. Its tragically funny.

12. Under what circumstances would you kill? I’m trying new things lately so I attempt to avoid killing. But all breathers die, it matters little to me if I help them along the way.

13. What would you die for? Apparently becoming a vampire.

14. What frightens you? Next Question.

15. What is your most prized possession? I recently came to own a very nice piano.

16. Who have you loved? No one.

17. What are your goals? Next Question.

18. Where do you see yourself in the future? If I could see the future I would tell you.

19. If you had a free day with no responsibilities and your only mission was to enjoy yourself, what would you do? The same thing I normally do.

20. What impression do you make on people when they first meet you? How about after they've known you for a while? At first, people like me. They enjoy my smile and twisted humor, and are drawn to my eyes. Later there is screaming and blood.

21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that'll happen inyour life? I have no idea why breathers get married. Plus I doubt it will ever happen to me because of my aversion to religious buildings and priests in general.

22. What are you most proud of about your personal life? I have attained three breathing friends. I call them my breathers.

23. What are you most ashamed of in your personal life? I don’t feel shame.

24. If you could spend the day with someone you admire (living or dead or imaginary), who would you pick? My mother.

25. Do you think you've turned out the way your parents expected? *laughs* I seriously doubt it.

26. What do you believe about gods? They are all petty worthless creatures that deserve to be wiped out of existence.

27. Is there anything you've always wanted to do but haven't done? What would happen if you did it? Next question.

28. What's the worst thing that's happened in your life? What did you learn from it? It ended. I learned … Next question.

29. Tell me about your best friend. I do not have such a thing.

30. What's the worst thing you've ever done to someone? Why? I killed them, their family, their neighbors, their pets, the mail man, and the old woman across the street. Why… it seemed like the thing to do at the time.

31. What would you like it to say on your tombstone? My real name.

32. Describe your ideal mate. Next question.

33. What are you most afraid of? Didn’t you already ask me this? Next question.

34. What's the most important thing in your life? What do you value most? Next question.

35. What do you like best about yourself? Least? I don’t smell because I don’t sweet. Least… I think my ears could be smaller.

36. How do you feel about your life right now? What, if anything, would you like to change? I feel that my life ended.. because Im dead. I think, I would change my hair color. In fact, I might just do that.

37. Are you lying to yourself about something? What is it? If I was lying to myself about something, do you really think I would tell you?

Mindra
Visitor

Post by Mindra » 02/26/11

On a dusty, dingy side of Freeport
Her dirty hands outstretched for money, begging for anything she can get. Her face goes pale and looks like she may run away or throw up when the interviewer asks to speak to her. She speaks quietly as the man asks his questions.

Mindra.

2. Where were you born?
Freeport

I live in with a group of people.. I have no family that I know of..

*Looks around her* Like this

I learned what others knew. I have never been in a school room.

I see what happens around me.

Hope

This is all I have.

*Shifts uncomfortably and whispers extra low* Isnt it obvious?

Asking for it. Doing odd jobs if someone will pay me

Sing and sleep...

*Looks down at her hands* I..I..dont know

*Shakes her head*

14. What frightens you?
Everything

My pillow..

16. Who have you loved?
No one.. Its hard to find love when you are looking for food.

17. What are your goals?
To survive.

In the same place I am now

Eat until I was full and take a bath

I am unsure. Some people pity me, others harm me.

Marriage? Caring for one another..but *Shakes her head* no..it wont

Meeting some of the people I have

I..dont know..

My mother. To lean o

Father tells me to beg here...so yes

I've never thought about it.

I would love to jump off of a waterfall then have a big picnic...

My coins were stolen from another who works these streets. It taught me to hold my coin closer.

My best..friend?

Took their money..because they gave it to me and I needed to eat.. Oh! Once I cut one of the girls hair when she was sleeping..*Mumbles* She said she wanted a hair cut.

*Blinks worried* Oh no..please dont make me a grave..it would be a waste of space..*Each word small than the last*

Someone who is protective and kind.

Dying

Waking up in the morning..

I..dont know..I'm..sorry..

I wish I could have a bed and food. Someone to talk to who wasn't also just thinking about their bellies.

How okay I am. *Says soberly before reaching her hand out asking for a coin from a passing teir*

Flynn
Visitor

The Interview

Post by Flynn » 03/04/11

Flynnn Brandford, just call me Flynn, Aliases are for cowards

2. Where were you born?

I'm not sure.... *Looks down* I think somewhere in Freeport...

*Quickly turns and glares* Next question.

*The glare continues with silence*

*Nods* One... Stilgar.

Aside from Stilgar the Thexian Dragoon, I only know my Steed

Fate.

*Slams fist down on the table* What's you're twisted fascination on this matter. Next.

*Shrugs* Society is only a word, My place is with nature, and has not changed.

For years I collected bounties, with my no fear for heights, I often got contracts in the Barren Sky, Hodgins a very powerful ShadowKnight taught me the ways of a bounty hunter. My skills finely honed the Thexian Dragoon I had mentioned earlier.

Meditate at tremendous heights, clean my Manor, I have no other hobbies.

*stays silent* Next.

*Looks over at the lovely female patrons and looks back* Nothing...

14. What frightens you?

*Sighs and head lowers* Myself...

My Fathers Two-Handed Sword and my Family journal.

16. Who have you loved?

*Looks back up* I do not.

17. What are your goals?

*Clutches his fist* Revenge...

*Reaches under his helmet and scratches his chin* Same as now, alone, with my Steed.

Climb the highest point in Norrath.

*Shrugs* I'm not really certain, most people shy away from me, I have no family ties or friendships. My Horse seems to enjoy my company *Laughs, his helmet making a small echo*

*Looks at her and then looks down* I know nothing of the subject, can we proceed?

My Steed.

These questions, you ask many of them, my life is not an open book for you to read, next question.

*Stays silent*

*Get up throwing his chair out from behind him* I said enough! You're questions are irrelevant!

*Looks back at the chair he had thrown down and at the patrons staring in disbelief* I am sorry.... *picks the chair back up and sits down.... Gods? Ha! Don't get me started...

*Nods* I want happiness.... I am unsure of what would happen if this happened.

*Glares again gripping his sword* You shall not know my past without consequence, What insight I gained is what everyone knows.... Don't trust anyone...

I have no friends.

Tortured a man in my cellar for weeks. I caught him raping a young girl in Beggar's court.

Speak to me now and the world will crumble
Open a door and the moon will fall
All of your life, all your memories
Go to your dreams, forget it all

Sleep my child

I have no such desire.

I fear nothing.

My Sword, my journal, my steed and my armor.

*Shrugs* Next.

Change is a certain factor in everyone's life, I let mine happen naturally.

*Get's up looking down* This interview is done.

Iktena
Visitor

Post by Iktena » 03/18/11

Mes is bes called Iktena. People is calls mes Iktena, mes little ones is calls mes Mom. Alias... eh.. mes is not really been has reason hide mes name from peoples. Is not really be seems right be calls something else besides name parents be gives yes?

2. Where were you born?

mes is was be born beneaths freeport. Is was kinds of smelly, but is was home.

Mes mother and father is did bes dies when mes is littles, and mes brothers is has been missings since citadel did be falls.

Childhood was bes roughs. Is was bes scraping outs survives in sewers. Things did bes grows down theres though, and is did bes things living down theres or hunt. Just needed be watches out for big things.

Mes was bes taught by mes father, thens Mistress Ogluk, thens Mister Flashsprocket. Since thens is has been makes mes own way.

umm.. mes is did bes does works ins entertains males and females for money at one point. Is sees many of many races ands gets be knows what theys is likes and not likes ins, eh.. certains social settings. As fors theys cultures, such things did not really bes comes up but mes likes bes talks with peoples 'bout these things. Like discovers much 'bout ogres and pickles by just asks what is does bes 'bout ogres and pickles. As for other religions. Theys is can be has theys religions, mes has mine. Brell is does bes makes things, all others is does be uses things what is makes, theys not be has problems with him and hes not be has problems withs thems.

Believes all is should be has food if mes is does bes around. None is should does bes hungry ever nope nope.

Mes left home because is was bes a really big alligator there what is did bes eat mes parents.

Mes is does still bes servant, but is does bes well offs servant what is has time for bes raises family ands does things what mes is enjoys bit.

Mes cooks. Does lunch buffet ats mes restaurant ins maj'dul and thens other works on side when is not bes does thats. Mes is does bes learns cooking froms gnome what is was bes brilliant ins kitchen names Mister Flashsprocket. Best cook ins world mes thinks.

Mes not be has much time for best relaxes actuals now that mes think 'bout its. Mostly mes is does bes cooks, or if is has volunteers what tries bes ambushes mes on streets or paths is does bes has time spends in mes play room withs thems for bes practices mes hobby. oh? well.. mes hobby is does bes torture. Is has interest ins way people is bes feel pain, and for bes sees how long is can keeps one alive despite things mes does.

If one is does bes gives mes an excuse for bes kills really. Things what is makes mes does such is attacks mes, attacks mes family, attacks mes nest.

Me would be dies for mes nest, protecting mes little ones, nester sister, ands mate.

14. What frightens you?

Losing mes little ones.

Mes stove.

16. Who have you loved?

Mes first mate Kelaxis, and mes mate Cheed.

17. What are your goals?

Make lots of money ands make sure mes little ones grow up for bes strong.

Cooking somewheres, maybe buys bigger restaurant, perhaps open terrace on one mes has currents.. hmm...

Take mes family out ons picnic with mes.

Umm.. first impression, mes is does bes ratonga what is speaks wierd. After a while, ratonga what is speaks wierd but is at least not bes rude, or... not tries bes rude. Is does bes not rude ratonga what is speaks wierd and sometimes bes had good things for eats!

Marriage ands beings mated is does bes same things yes? well, mes idea of good marriage is bes has strong mate what is cans be provides for mes, little ones, ands any other females is does bes has ins nest. Mes is does bes has that already yes yes.

Is does bes a mother.

Is did bes pick a weak minded mate what is did bes disappears as first mate. Is worries mes little ones is will bes has no sense like theys father.

mes father.

yes and nos.. though if mes father was be stills alive mes would never have been leaves nest. is would have been stays home for bes takes care of hims when hims and mes mothers is did bes gets older.

Theys is does bes make things and watches us. But theys is knows should not bes interferes too much because is would bes makes theys creations weaks and also bes makes world fall apart agains.

mmm.. mes is wants bes tries cooks dragon meat yes yes, but is never beens have dragon meat fors bes experiments withs. if mes did its, oooh.. that is would bes amazings. Wonders wht is would bes tastes likes.

Worst things that is happens is did be mes first mate not be return to nest and leaves mes be raises little ones alones. Mes did bes learns is should not bes relies entires on males for be returns home. Theys is does bes out takes risks and is needs accepts thats, but should be picks one what is will be has good chance for be always returns to then nest.

Mes best friend? is does probably be miss Illiase these days. Others is has beens friends, but miss Illiase is does be only one what is has beens stayed ins nest as one what is not does bes PART of nest. Shes is does bes bit shy but thinks shes is does bes has head in right place, and is does bes hearty survivor yes yes. First time mes saw her shes is was bes like a twig but is has beens fattens her up nice sos is not be looks like she is will be goings falls over ins stiff breeze.

Umm.. Is not certain be wishes tells really. With mes hobby is has done some reallly bad things to peoples. If yous wants more details thans that, is certains can be goes finds bandit what is would be foolish enoughs for bes attack mes and then is could bes shows yous.

Mes does not believes in buries dead. At mes final feast though is would be hope mes will bes strengthens those what is attends.

His name is does bes Cheed... mmm, is does bes QUITE ideal.

Losing mes current family way is has beens lost the rest of mes family.

Mes family is does bes most important thing in mes life. Mes values thems more thans anythings else.

Mes favorite things about mes is does bes mes fur, is was bes blessed withs good fur and takes good care of its withs soaps ands such. Things mes is likes least is way mes speaks. Mes nest sister is bes speaks much goods, but mes is does bes speaks likes this. Supposes is could bes learns be speaks better but common is does bes much hard for bes speaks compares withs ratongan.

Life is does bes very good, not be thinks of anything would be likes for changes nope nope.

ummm.. not be thinks is lying to meself 'bout something. Why would bes lies to self? Mes would be knows if lies to self after alls sos is does be seems silly thing for bes says lies to self. Not be understands somes of these questions at alls, is does be makes no good sense.

Hurgish
Regular
Regular

Post by Hurgish » 04/12/11

Hurgish Headstomper. Hurg. Hurgy. I haven't had a need for an alias. Who am I going to hide from?

2. Where were you born?

I don't rightfully know. I just remember living in Freeport.

I had some brothers and sisters, but they all got eaten. Some by me, some by my parents. You know, typical troll upbringing. My father got eaten by my mother.

There's not much to say about that.

No education beyond teaching myself most of the crap I know. Reading was a bitch, but becoming a merc, I kinda needed to know that kind of things. Mercs from all over the place come and go, and I gathered what information I could from them. Folks say I'm smart for a troll.

I've seen just about all the races, as mercs come in all kinds of shapes and sizes. Religion is something I don't screw with too much. Don't really believe in it. Sometimes I want to, just to have something else to understand, and I've considered learning about other religions. But it's never come around.

Kinda open ended, aint this? Well... I believe in a good strong hammer and in myself. I believe in getting a job done right the first time. I believe in the few friends I have.

Survival. Hang around too much at home and you're likely to be eaten. I'd prefer not to be eaten when I'm a runt.

Oh, I've changed a bit, you could say that. I was a merc for a long time, doing jobs here and there out in the field. I kept in Freeport from time to time to see what was going down. Been a bouncer a few times, a soldier, an assassin, a legbreaker. I was a Knight of Freeport for a good long time, even became a Captain with them. It was really my first official title, I guess you could say, and it paid well. I could have kept on with them, but things got all screwed up, so I left.

I'm back to being a legbreaker and help run The Slum with Tadius and Beef. Some would say it's a step down from where I was, as I don't have the authority in the city I once had. But I have more freedom. I'll take that.

Mercing, I sell out my slave to get laid. I shake down people on the street. I taught myself a lot of what I know, but again, other mercs down the line helped me learn how to swing a hammer and club better. I'm okay at writing, I'm great at drinking. I was a great trainer when it came to teaching younger Knights. I think I'm a pretty good leader, if the berks will look past the fact that I'm a troll.

I sleep and drink. Screw my slaves. Watch them dance. Things like that. I don't really have many hobbies beyond drinking and jawing with friends.

Any.

My home. Tadius Metellius, probably. That's about it.

14. What frightens you?

Nothing frightens me. Well, okay, that's a lie. I don't like boats and really don't like water that much, but I can swim. I don't like being alone. I'm a sociable guy.

My slaves.

16. Who have you loved?

I've talked with Kassi about this, my slave, but I don't really know what love is.

17. What are your goals?

Make money, live a long time, and get laid.

Keep helping run the Slum, with a lot more money and wealth. My slaves will be at my side, who knows, maybe I'll have more?

Hmmm... sit in the bar with my friends and jaw for a while, get drunk, go home and screw.

I like for them to know not to fuck with me. That's a good way to start a conversation. Afterwards, I like them to know that I'm not some idiot Troll and that I'm actually not that bad to have around.

I won't ever get married. I don't understand that rot.

Having my slaves need me. And knowing they're mine.

I'm ashamed of nothing that I do.

The Overlord.

Oh yeah. I'm big, strong, and I kill. They'd be damned proud.

I don't even know. I guess they're out there, maybe? I haven't had any of them muck around with my affairs.

I'd like to try this love thing, just to see what it means. I don't know what'd happen if it went down.

Leaving the Knights, perhaps? The organization isn't the soul of a group, it's the people you surround yourself with.

Tiewon Shu was strong and stubborn. She was damned old too. But she smiled at me and respected me, and she enjoyed having a good time. She was brutal with her fists but her words could be kind as well. She said I was like a brother to her. No one else has ever been willing to say that to me.

I took Kassi's life away from her and enslaved her. I don't know why. I was lonely, I guess? I needed something... I don't know.

Stop readin' this fuckin' tombstone an' go stomp something!

She cares for me, and does what I ask. She's one hell of a cook too. She likes to clean too! She doesn't mind that I stay out late, and she fucks like a world champion. She's real pretty, and she's got a nice set of cans too. She likes to be around me. She likes to talk to me. She also likes to listen to me. She likes to hear me.

I'm not afraid of much. Death maybe? Because if something is going to kill me its going to be pretty damned big and it's probably going to hurt one hell of a lot.

My slaves. I probably value Kassi over Ueo, simply because I've invested more time into Kassi and she can dance and make me more money. I never thought I'd value something like a slave, but through thick and thin, whether she's liked it or not, she's had my back. I can't say that about too many people.

Best about myself? The fact that I'm not stupid like most of the other trolls.

Least? I wish my gut would get bigger.

I'm liking life for the most part. Things are good. I'm making money, my slaves are on the right track, and the Slum is doing well. I'm working with Metellius again, and that's always a good thing. I wish people outside of the Slum wouldn't judge me and be afraid of me just because I'm a troll. Then again, I kinda like that they're afraid of me. They should be.

That I can ditch my slaves at any moment. The more I think about it, I don't think I could live without them. I'd go crazy.

Starley

Post by Starley » 04/12/11

The name is Heeley Havenshire. What I am called depends on who you are to me, but mostly Heeley. Yes, I was once named something else.

2. Where were you born? Kelethin, Midsummers Day

3. What is your family like? Did you have any siblings? Parents dead, I have a daughter, a sister, a niece and a nephew. Oh and one in the oven.

I spent my childhood romping around the Faydark with my sister and my childhood sweetheart.

I received a standard, basic education at the Kelethin Institute for Youth, but I have spent the majority of my life in service to the temple. I am well read, however, because of my sister's fanatical book addiction.

I've run with all types, all sizes, colors and shapes. I am not a snooty type of Koada'dal unless you cross me.

Growth, life and the power of love.

I was old enough, I was in love, I wanted to make a life with the one I grew up loving.

9. What is your position in society? Has this changed over your lifetime? I am an Inquisitor of New Halas. I was once a Templar of Kelethin.

I am co-leader of an adventuring company.
I have a decent skill at making armor for other adventurers.
I learned the skill through a trades program in New Halas.
I also write trashy romance novels that you can only get your hands on if you know someone who knows someone who knows me.
That is how I make money.

I paint, I collect horses. I write. I cook.

If anyone threatened my child, or put my life in danger.

My child.

14. What frightens you?

Not too much, I've already lived through a lot.

My mother's ring.

16. Who have you loved?

I will not mention names. My first and life-time love ended in a horrible tragedy, and I am skeptical.

17. What are your goals?

To be the best at everything I do. What else?

Near future? munching on ice cream. Long term? I have big plans for my future, and no one, nor any circumstance will change that. All will be known in due time.

I would paint, read, ride my horses, cook.

The 'ell kind of question is this? I'm not a coercer! How the hell do I know what crosses the minds of others?

I've never been married, but I do imagine it at times. My idea of a good marriage is finding your very best friend, someone you have no impulses to strangle for talking too much, someone you can see yourself raising children with and someone who can make your toes curl. If you have those things you're good.

That I keep it mostly personal.

23. What are you most ashamed of in your personal life? That I don't have much of one right now.

24. If you could spend the day with someone you admire (living or dead or imaginary), who would you pick? Fippy Flippin' Darkpaw! No really, what's with these questions? Why would I spend the day with a dead person? I am a priestess of Tunare! and Imaginary? Pfft. I'd commit myself to the asylum.

25. Do you think you've turned out the way your parents expected? My parents were expecting a son. I sure hope not.

26. What do you believe about gods? That everyone is entitled to their faith, as long as it serves the Mother Tunare.

27. Is there anything you've always wanted to do but haven't done? What would happen if you did it? I've always wanted to sail around the world. If I did it right now I would imagine a lot of sea sickness.

28. What's the worst thing that's happened in your life? What did you learn from it? I was kidnapped, raped repeatedly and ended up killing someone. What did I learn from that? I'll get back to you.

29. Tell me about your best friend. My sister is a nutball, sharp tongued, fiery, strait shooter, biggest heart I know of.

30. What's the worst thing you've ever done to someone? Why? Killed someone in self defense.

31. What would you like it to say on your tombstone? LET ME OUTTA HERE!

32. Describe your ideal mate. Witty, Charming, Knows how to handle me at my worst but deserves me at my best.

33. What are you most afraid of? BEES AAAAAH THE BEEES!

34. What's the most important thing in your life? What do you value most? My child

35. What do you like best about yourself? Least? Best: My strength Least? My guilt.

36. How do you feel about your life right now? What, if anything, would you like to change? This question is loaded. I can not change what has been done, so I find a way to live with it.

37. Are you lying to yourself about something? What is it? I tell myself every day that I am a strong Koada'dal woman who can handle the circumstances I've been handed. We'll find out if that's true or not.

Fayani
Patron
Patron

Post by Fayani » 04/29/11

1. What is your name? What do people call you? Have you ever gone under an alias? Fayani or known as Fay

2. Where were you born?Kelethin

3. What is your family like? Did you have any siblings?Very sweet parents and tons of family, I don’t get to see them as often as I like

4. What was your childhood like?Quiet and well cared for

5. What sort of education did you receive? Were there significant role models?Standard education and some dabbling in the black arts.

6. What sort of exposure did you have to outside events? Other races? Other cultures? Other religions?I was sheltered until I fell in love with a Teir’Dal and discovered the wide range of races and their good and bad qualities

7. What do you believe in?Myself and Erollisi

8. Why did you leave home - or why do you stay?I was offered a job as a midwife in the Neriak Courts,

9. What is your position in society? Has this changed over your lifetime?No special position

10. How do you make money? What sort of skills do you have? Who taught them to you?I am an investigator and a midwife on the side

11.What do you do to relax? What hobbies do you have?Painting

13. What would you die for?Love

14. What frightens you?Dark men, spiders, and being alone

15. What is your most prized possession?My paintings and my tavern

16. Who have you loved?Arathander for a brief flash. Maybe it was just lust

17. What are your goals?To run my tavern smoothly and offer the community many activities.

18. Where do you see yourself in the future?Quiet barkeep

19. If you had a free day with no responsibilities and your only mission was to enjoy yourself, what would you do?Swim, dance and a romantic dinner

20. What impression do you make on people when they first meet you? How about after they've known you for a while?At first I am quiet and well composed, get to know me and you will see I have many secrets and I am still reserved but very friendly.

21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that'll happen in your life?Fidelity, loyalty, love and understanding. No

22. What are you most proud of about your personal life?Not sure

23. What are you most ashamed of in your personal life? Inability to commit

24. If you could spend the day with someone you admire (living or dead or imaginary), who would you pick?Not telling

25. Do you think you've turned out the way your parents expected?No. they had hopes I would be a healer, but I tend to dabble in the art of magic.

26. What do you believe about gods?They are there for convenience

27. Is there anything you've always wanted to do but haven't done? What would happen if you did it?Nothing comes to mind

28. What's the worst thing that's happened in your life? What did you learn from it?Betrayed a long time friend

29. Tell me about your best friend.I don’t have one

30. What's the worst thing you've ever done to someone? Why? Killed them, they were sleeping around on me

31. What would you like it to say on your tombstone?Here rests Fayani

32. Describe your ideal mate.Evil, bad, wicked, caring, loyal, exciting, good looking, interesting

33. What are you most afraid of?Being alone at night with out a light on

34. What's the most important thing in your life? What do you value most?My tavern

35. What do you like best about yourself? Least?I love the fact that I can take anything in stride and I have the balls to confront people. Don’t like the fact that I am a people pleaser

36. How do you feel about your life right now? What, if anything, would you like to change?I want to fall in love with the right guy. I feel my life empty at times and have been putting a lot into the creation of my tavern.

37. Are you lying to yourself about something? What is it?Yes, that I a don’t need people in my life and that I don’t care that a certain friend screws around with others but me.

Harper
Patron
Patron

Post by Harper » 05/10/11

*Harper grins as he sees his favorite interviewer approach, this time Harper is found on his air ship eating dinner in the presence of many clockwork and a tall, skinny, pale high elf. Harper invites the interviewer to sit and eat with them.*

Huh? Uh well sure. My names Harper. Well, no, that’s my last name. My full name is Christopher F. Harper. People call me Harper because I’ve done more than a few years of military service for the city of Felwithe, or New Tunaria as it is now. You know how it goes, when your in the military they use your last name and it sorta sticks. Uhh… I’m not comfortable sharing my middle name… *Harper blushes a bit, it’s obvious the name makes him self conscious.*

2. Where were you born?
*Harper looks at the interviewer, he’s been very honest with the interviewer up until now.* I was born in… Freeport. That’s it.

*Harper grins in response* Oh yes! Four of em! It’s me, two brothers and two sisters. They aren’t… around though.

Oh lord, childhood was rough but a blast. Parents killed in a fire when I was little. I uhh… *Harper looks down, frowning* I can’t tell you how it happened. Mystery and all. Childhood was rough but I suppose everyone looks back in history with sparkled goggles don’t they?

*Harper nodded as the interviewer read him the question. Then paused to collect his thoughts.* Well, when I was a little one my pops was always in the tinkering business. Bein’ the youngest, he always included me in the family bizz’. I guess my schooling started there. As I was growin up without parents I made a living selling tinkered gizmos, or fixing neighbors water pipes and sewer works. Maybe fixin’ a few tinkered lanterns here and there. I traded the money I made for better and bigger blueprints. Way I figured it, the better I get with tinkering the more cash Id rake in. And the circle keeps turning.

*Harper pauses, thinking a bit* When I was a young man I got involved in war. Er… which war, why, and when Ill not elaborate on. I will say that war taught me more and more in the way of tinkering. Air ships, flamethrowers, automated zappers, bombs… you name it, I learned how to build it. I guess you can say I’m still bein educated, as I’m still willing to trade and memorize blueprints I don’t have.

*Harper again thinks, this time itching his fat chin* Oh plenty, some of em good some of em bad. I’ve been all around the wide world and seen the best and worst of what its gotta offer. That’s how I met my buddy here. *Harper motions to the quiet High Elf beside him. Love a few cultures, the Koada’ Dal culture being one of them. I like the Feir’ Dal, the Gnomes, the Dwarves- shame what happened to their city in Butcherblock. Uhh… Half elves are a little to rebellious for me, I find most of em immature. Don’t get me wrong, theres a few I like. Im not to fond of the lizard types, or the Teir Dal. *Harper nods after the word Teir’ Dal, denoting that he’s serious about that one.*

*Harper is quiet for a moment.* Huh, religions. Can’t say I’m fond of that one myself. I’m under a firm impression that most of the deities are spoiled brats with a little too much power. They basically packed up shop and left when shit hit the fan. Uhh… Here’s the way I see it… The Gods treat Norrathians like shit – Cazic Thule drivin people insane through fear. Innorouk kidnappin’ people and twistin’ em into abominations. Saryn defiling people’s emotions to the point of vegetable uselessness? And then they get angry when Norrathians strike back and raid the planes? I say they had it comin’, but to pitch a hissy and storm out like that was the true sign of immaturity. When they start acting like Gods Ill treat them like Gods. Anyone in any culture who chooses to devote their life to any of these cry babies is lost on me.

Ill tell ya what I believe in, good old fashioned kindness and good old fashioned fun. The ability to have a good, full and fun life shouldn’t be wasted on anyone.

*Harper taps his lip, thinking.* That’s an interesting question… I don’t suppose I left home, home left me. After the fire I really had no where to go. One thing lead to another and… well… here we are.

Another interesting question! *Harper grins, he’s liking this game* I suppose it’s changed a lot. I was born to a not so wealthy, so I guess you could say I was “peasant” material. This has obviously changed, as I own my own shop in Freeport that’s doing rather well. My status might be classified as wealthy merchant. I might also be classified as retired military personnel. *Harper thinks, then shrugs* The list continues, I suppose.

Tinkering! I think I told ya that already. And I also told ya how I learned it.

*Harper looks around the room, at the elf next to him and the clockwork meandering in the room.* You’re lookin’ at it pal. Eattin, drinkin, and bein merry.

*Harper eyes the interviewer, acknowledging the seriousness of the question* Huh, well… I’m really not interested in killing… I’m a lover, not a fighter you see. I’ve seen way to much killing in the past and I’m not interested in reliving it. If I –had- to kill it might be to protect a loved one. I’m even reluctant to protect my ideals if it involves killing, as I’m under the impression that others are entitled to their opinion as well.

Likely the same thing, a loved one.

14. What frightens you?
*Harper grins suddenly and laughs* Apparently you aint heard a thing about me. I’m afraid of just about everything! That is, other than Coercers and psychics. *Harper eyes the quiet elf beside him* …I have my reasons for that.

*Harper tapped his chin* Never been asked that before… As a man whose into tinkering, I have a lot of things blow up, or disappear. I really can’t say I own a “most prized” physical possession. I’m gunna go with “friendship”.

16. Who have you loved?
*Harper eyes the silent elf beside him again and blushes. Its obvious he wants to say something but refrains* Uhh… N-No one. I’m waiting on someone special.

17. What are your goals?
Huh, well, Id like to be named best tinkerer in the world. But I suppose that’s a long shot. Id like to uhh... get married one day to the certain someone I mentioned. I like kids but I don’t think I’d ever like to have my own.

Hopefully right where I am now. I’ve got it pretty good mate. With maybe a tinkering award in my hand. *He grins in a joking manner*

Hell, pretty much what I do every day. I’m a man that does what he enjoys for a living, something most can’t claim luxury to. I’d sleep until noon, eat all day, and fiddle with cogs and batteries.

*Harper looks at the ceiling when he speaks, he’s really thinking about this one.* I’d like to hope that they get the same impression of me that I intend them to have, which is I am a nice, free spirited person. When I look for friends I want people who can enjoy themselves, therefore I specifically expose myself to them in that manner. It’s a very good way to filter people I already know I won’t like from my possible friendship aspiration. Uts a good way to figure out who I will enjoy and who will waste my time.

*Harper thinks again.* What people might think of me after they’ve met me? I think they might find I’m not nearly as spastic as I let on. I may even prove to be a good business partner… er… if you have something I’m interested in.

*Harper eyes the elf beside him and blushes a second time.* Er… I rather like the idea of marriage. I’d like to get married one day but I don’t think it’s going to happen…

*Harper pauses and thinks. He says with a grin. His demeanor and smile attest to the truth of his answer* My happiness.

*Harper grins and answers in a joking manner* Being ashamed indicates I have an inkling of shame in my being to begin with! No really… Im not sure how I can answer this question, I’m a very approving a sort of fellow, so I can’t say I’m ashamed of much. I will think on it, I suppose.

*Harper grins and says nothing. He instead points to the elf beside him.*

*Harper exhales, making a face.* I don’t know, I guess we would have to ask them. I like to think I turned out better than they had expected, given the fact that I come from a “peasant” family.

I believe Ive already mentioned that… uhh… a few questions ago. Read back in your notes mate. ((Question 6))
*Harper pauses, his expression droops a bit* I’ve… always wanted to settle a score with someone I met years and years ago. I’m not one for revenge, but this certain someone relentlessly causes trouble. And not the Bristlebane type of trouble – the real kind of trouble. Burning property and people, sacrificing, raising the dead, starting battles… the man is a menace. I’ve always wanted to put a stop to him and his villainy; I’ve just not the spine to do it.
*Harper huffed, what he had just said had obviously made him uncomfortable* If I were to ever do this, I supposed it’d be for everyone’s benefit. Knocking off one of the world’s most despicable criminals would undoubtedly have a positive effect on all of us in general.

Huh, worst thing that’s ever happened in my life. Possibly war. I learned a lot from it, as you can imagine. The biggest lesson being that life really is sacred.

*Harper grinned brightly. Then looked to the elf beside him.* That man! Right there! That’s Heba and he’s my best friend! I call him “my elf” because
I like him so much. We met about 10 years ago. He saved my pink hide and I began liking him ever sense.

*Harper considers* Huh, not thought about that one before. I don’t make it a habit of being ugly to people so I don’t know… *Harper pauses a moment, remembering something. He frowns, then shakes his head. Hes sticking with his story. Whatever it is hes thinking about he doesn’t want to share.*

*Harper grinned suddenly, he was going to be a goof* Uhh. I dunno… Oh here’s one! “Here I sit all broken hearted, came to shit… then the world ended.” *Harper grinned again* No no! What about uhh… “Here Lies Christopher F. Harper. Hit the gas instead of the brake.”

*Harper eyes the elf beside him again* Uhh… I like uhh… elves. I like elves a lot! I like the nerding type of elves especially…

I already gone told ya that!

Huh, well the most important thing in my life might be… well… my life! Other than that I suppose its friendship.

*Harper taps his chin* Huh, most? Maybe my ability to make friends. People seem to get along with me very well.
Least? Uhh... I dunno really. Maybe something that I do that irritates others? Ask them.

*Harper leans back in his seat grinning.* Im pretty happy with what Ive got, mate. Ive got a best friend, a couple of God Children, a thriving business and more money than I know what to do with.
*He ponders the question of what he would like to change.* Huh, well, nothing really. Im happy, Im healthy, and Im wealthy. If I –had- to chose something… Possibly a marriage?

*Harper ahems and looks sideways at the elf beside him. He blushes yet again* Not… that I know of…

Thanchir
Honored Patron
Honored Patron

Post by Thanchir » 05/15/11

<The Teir'Dal lounges in the Raven-Mythic in a chair by the window, staring out at the grounds as he sips his wine. When the interviewer sits at his table and presses him for information he's bored enough to actually answer the questions asked>

Grand Arbiter Thanchir Braddok D'Arkund is my name. People call me many things though, most of them not polite enough to repeat here. You may call me Viper since we're not on a first name basis.

2. Where were you born?
Neriak, in House D'Arkund.

The D'Arkund House is slowly dwindling. My parents murdered each other when I was six weeks old. Apparently my mother hadn't gone into labor fast enough and my cousin Derkek was born two weeks before I was, making him the heir to the House. Father was livid and I'm certain Mother was as well. That's how things worked out there. I was placed in the care of my Grandfather, Estarr, a high priest of Innoruuk.

I spent much of my time in the rectory being insolent with the other boys, eying the pretty girls that strode past our windows. It was relatively dark and dreary and serious. There wasn't much fun to be had, and if there was, it was highly discouraged.

After visiting with a coercer friend of my Grandfather he took me on as an apprentice for twenty years. As for role models? In Neriak? Well... I suppose my Grandfather. I admired his stern nature and attitude. After everything happened... I took up the Priesthood. Grandfather taught me the old ways of Innoruuk.

6. What sort of exposure did you have to outside events? Other races? Other cultures? Other religions? I was in Neriak for the Shattering, I heard speak of it, but for sixty years I had remained below the surface. I wasn't even really sure what Luclin looked like. Other races? My Grandfather was a slaver. I saw all sorts of races and through them other cultures. The religious ceremonies some of the Iksar partake in are especially interesting and barbaric. I was ordered to learn about my "enemies" per my Grandfather. I didn't think them my enemy, I just found them intriguing. I wanted to go out and see the world after that.

Hate and Justice. Justice more-so, but... there is an innate power in hatred. It can control others and fuel the soul, engulfing a man so much that he refuses to feel anything else. While there are a few I do not hate everyone else makes an excellent target.

I left because I wanted to see the world, not just the one provided for me. I left with a friend from the rectory and together we went out into the world. For a time it was amazing. I never wanted to go back home. But many years later, when the world proved to not be what I wanted it to be, I went back to Neriak, realizing it's where I really belong. Even now I know it's the only place that's right for me. I am not Freeportian by a long shot, and if I had to listen to that insipid lich natter on about his superiority I fear I would end my own life. Still... I may venture into Hate's Envy eventually. I like the fresh air.

I am a High Arbiter, or judge for the laymen. It took me forty-three years to get to the position I am in, and you'd think it was because my of my Grandfather's legacy, but it was not. I worked hard to get where I was. Before then I was just another Teir'Dal. Our House is very well respected in the Teir'Dal community. Our Arbiters are well known for our swift acts of justice. It is well known that we carry some weight in Neriak, and other Houses tend to send us bribes and gifts to sway us. While I enjoy the free things it does little to sway me... the outcome is always the same.

My position in the circuit courts pays relatively well, but never as much as slaving does. My Grandfather taught me both trades. I excel in anything I am taught to do.

To relax I stand on my balcony and look out at the castle. Sometimes doing my books helps as well. I also love to carve leather. I make collars, usually with animals, running free or flying away. I think the irony is delicious.

If someone tried to take what was mine... or if my comrades were in danger. Though, really, it wouldn't take much to push me over that edge. I also perform executions in my courtroom.

There was only one woman I would die for... and she is dead.
Since then... there are a few others I would put my life on the line for. I do not know if I'd die for them yet.

14. What frightens you?
Nothing... except losing the people who have come to call me friend.

My weapons. They never fail me.

16. Who have you loved?
My wife, Ayenna. A Koada'Dal. Yes... A Koada'Dal I met on the surface. Her father murdered her and my unborn daughter to retain the purity of his not quite Renda'Dal line. I was the mongrel who tainted her. I do not think I can feel that way again... not for a very long time.

17. What are your goals?
I do not have any goals. I am not a very ambitious man. Perhaps once I have moved on from where I am now. For now I suppose, if I have to pick a goal, it would be to relax.

I do not think that far ahead. But... I want to enjoy my life now that I am freed from the yokes of my past. But I know who I am and what I do and represent... I am not under the illusion that I'll have a future if someone gets a hold of me.

Drink my bloodwine, find a pretty young thing to spend company with me... Balance my books, read... you know, simple pleasures.

Oh, they adore me. Well, if you call cursing the ground I walk upon and wishing syphilitic plagues upon my person "adoration." People have wished me dead just by setting their eyes upon me and for good reason. I am not a good man nor do I pretend to be. Though, if you do try to find out who I am I can be quite amiable. People tend to think that because you're a slaver you're really not very personable. How narrow-minded. I can compartmentalize like you wouldn't believe.

It did. And I do not know if it will ever happen again. But marriage, for me, was compromise and trust between us. It was very enjoyable. If I were to look for another wife she would have a lot to live up to... This is why I do not search. However if it comes to pass and I am wed again I would like a daughter and a son. But if I had to choose I would have a daughter. I would spoil her rotten.

Absolutely nothing.

Everything. Without question.

Ayenna. One more time. Just one day to tell her all I've wanted to say all these years. A proper goodbye. I will never have that chance.

Oh, not in the least. Glavanting about with light elves? Pledging my fealty to one? Feeling things? If they hadn't murdered each other they might when they met me now.

I am not overly religious, but there are things I must do to retain my abilities to heal. They are useful for some things. A pain in my blue ass in most cases. Well, really... my back. Self-flagellation is not exactly the most pleasant way to spend a day.

...I want to belong. If I did, I would never stray. I don't care from who. I just want acceptance.

Losing my wife. Again. Finding out she had been turned into a vampire by her father. I learned that racism can take a hold on your soul and ruin you, turning you into a frothing monster with eyes blind to anything else. I do not care for many races, true, but I will not openly seek to eradicate them. Not like that.

I do not have a best friend. I'm barely a friend as it is.

I broke him. I enslaved him, collared him, and broke him utterly... to prove a point over a misunderstanding. It may not seem like much compared to the thousands upon thousands of lives I have ruined due to my choice in profession... but this one was the worst to me.

"Rejoice, for there is one less blight upon the face of Norrath." This is provided I am actually given a proper burial. I fully expect I'll be dumped in a ditch somewhere for the things I have done. No matter though. A dead person can never truly appreciate the wit of their own headstone.

Strong-willed, amorous, attractive, and not afraid to get their hands dirty. I do not like prissy creatures.

Opening myself up to anyone... I do not bare my feelings easily. Even now I am troubled... but I dare not tell a soul what I feel.

Those who would call me friend, who would fight for me, who would defend me despite who and what I am.

I'm quite handsome and I take good care of my hair. But I've been told I'm not a very good conversationalist. I lack tact. I fear it is because of the cultural differences between Nerians and the Haeth'Un.

I am at a crossroads. I am unsure if I should stay where I am or run and not look back. I want to change who I am... little by little. I try to smile. I try to enjoy myself. I try to let people in. One day I would like to be like they are. Well-liked.

I keep telling myself I'm fine. I am most certainly not. I am always troubled, but I will not reveal the reasons to you.

Eljacko
Visitor

Post by Eljacko » 06/29/11

(This interview was conducted on a Tuesday evening, when a bored-looking Nince was approached on the street by our intrepid interviewer. The interviewer's burnt remains were recovered in a ditch three days later, along with a rum-soaked, charred manuscript of the following interview.)

My name is Jacob Damien Lark. I'm known, almost universally, as Nince. I also like Reginald. Someone once called me Cade, but I don't think he knew who I was. I doused him in rum, threw him in a ditch, and set him on fire.

2. Where were you born?
Qeynos.

I was separated from my family when it was discovered that I was magically apt, only a month after my birth. I don't know who they were, or where they are now, nor do I care.

I was both raised and educated by a sorceress named Sael'sevae. That's where I got my nickname. I mean Nince, of course, not Reginald. Nobody calls me Reginald. Sadly. After a series of perfectly legal and in no way immoral events I ended up as the pupil of a completely different mentor, under whose guide I completed the remainder of my education.

My education was slow and fraught with distractions. During my first education, my main distraction was my social life with the other students studying at the Concordium Tower. During my second education, that is, my education under the second mentor I mentioned, the main distraction was the actual mentor. My second mentor's teaching practices were alternately punishing and insane. I would never call either of them role models, but I still visit my second mentor on occasion.

There were students of all races and creeds at the Concordium Tower. All that really counted for, though, was physical differences, since we had all been raised in the Tower. We had our own culture in the Tower, separate from that of the outside world. Most of us were irreligious. When I studied under my second mentor, my exposure to other life forms in general was much more limited.

I don't care about the Gods, nor am I a particularly principled person. I believe in staying alive, and having as much fun as possible while doing so.

My first home was the Concordium Tower, which I eventually left in a series of completely legal and in no way immoral events. From there I went directly to Neriak, which was my home for the latter half of my education. When I finally left Neriak, it was because of pressure from a particular individual, something of a father to me, to join him in allegiance to Gorowyn as a soldier of fortune.

I'm a drifter and soldier of fortune, so I'm fortunately removed from the workings of society. That means I am free to do as I please so long as it is not divergent to the interests of the highest bidder.

As I said, I'm a mercenary. People point me at things they want set on fire, I set them on fire, I get paid. It's a beautiful symbiosis. I mostly employ my skill with magic for this fire setting. These skills were, as I have already exhaustively made clear, taught to me by my two mentors.

Drinking. Drink drink drink drink drinking. I need a drink. When I'm not drinking, I write, read, and set things on fire. I'm a freelance writer you know. Would you like a copy of my book? It's a very good book.

It would take much too long to list them all right now. Suffice it to say, I will kill over very little. Not buying my book, for example.

I would die for, and only for, a person whom I consider an especially good friend. I've lost touch with those whom I considered especially good friends, with the exceptions of the ones who are dead.

14. What frightens you?
Spiders, wild dogs, the dark, enclosed spaces, crowds, bugs in general, extremely loud noises, whatever I might find if I were to look in a dwarf's beard, and much, much more.

Hard to say, since I possess very little. My book, I suppose. It's really a very good book. And affordable. Would you like to buy a copy?

16. Who have you loved?
That's a very personal question, and I'd like to thank you for asking it. Most of the people I don't hate, I love in a way. I'm something of a hopeless romantic, though I could probably still count the people I have loved romantically on my fingers. The only ones I am willing to mention were all girls who I studied alongside at the Concordium, and one who I would run into on occasion in Neriak, but whom I was rarely allowed to see.

17. What are your goals?
Live as long as possible, and have as much fun as possible doing so. Everything else is just a means to those ends.

Exactly where I am now, but hopefully significantly wealthier, and perhaps powerful enough to slaughter those GODS DAMNED QEYNOS GUARDS. I'll show them to block my passage to the only fucking bar that was worth going to tonight.

Almost every day is like this for me. Usually I spend most of my time drinking, reading, and chatting. On occasion I will write. I wrote a book once. You should buy a copy.

You know, I honestly can't tell. It would make my life much easier if I could.

I don't know much about marriage, but from what I've heard it doesn't sound like much fun, so I'm not that interested in it.

It was a great day for me when I joined my sarnak father-figure as a mercenary in the employ of Gorowyn. It ties only with the day that my second mentor declared me an able enough magician to use my skills practically in everyday life, without guidance. I also wrote a book. That was pretty great.

The completely legal and in no way immoral events that led to my permanent departure from the Concordium Tower remain something of a sore spot to me, even to this day. Really, almost everything to do with either of my mentors is either embarrassing or tear-jerking.

I've conceived, in my mind, an individual called Oscar Wilde. This man would be witty, elegant, and everything I aspire to be. Obviously, of course, no such person as great as that could possibly exist, anywhere, ever. Right? In all seriousness, though, I have not seen the sarnak father-figure I mentioned earlier since the expiration of my contract with Gorowyn, but I would love to do some catching-up.

Absolutely not. Whatever they expected, they couldn't have expected someone like me. Unless they were really pessimistic.

They must exist, since priests and paladins don't just pull their powers out of their asses, but I don't really feel strongly enough about them to worship them.

I've always thought it'd be really grand if I could eventually have sex with someone who wasn't trying to hurt me or teach me some sort of convoluted lesson. I might smile more often then. I almost said that I'd drink less, but then I'd only be lying to myself. Also, I would like to one day sell a copy of my book.

The death of my first mentor in an entirely legal and in no way immoral series of events was quite satisfying at first, but in time I grew to regret it dearly. But then, I've already said too much.

The person I saw most recently whom I would consider close enough to call a "best friend" was a sarnak soldier in the Gorowyn military. He dragged me to safety during a Haoaeran attack on the Gorowyn camp I had been instructed to work out of. From that day on, until my contract expired, he and I were drinking buddies and confidantes. I hope he's still alive.

Although I once covered a man in rum, hurled him into a ditch, and set him on fire, I've actually done things worse than that. I'd rather not talk about them. The reason I set that man on fire, however, was because I had told him more than I meant to in an interview. Not unlike what I'm doing now, actually. It helped somewhat that the instant dislike I had taken to him had grown to a passionate hate by the end of the interview.

Here lies Jacob "Nince" Damien Reginald Lark, Incredibly Interesting Drunkard, Published Writer

Someone intelligent, funny, decent-looking, like-minded, and female. Specifically, I've always been partial to sarcastic, short-haired girls, possibly since most of the girls (and indeed boys) at the Concordium fit this description until the point where they let us be less insufferably arrogant and also cut our own hair.

Fire, ironically.

I value my freedom heavily, since it allows me to act on my own whims, and acting on whims usually leads to lots of fun. I always wince a bit when I sign a contract with an employer.

I've always been a big fan of my own sense of humor. Conversely, I was regretting being better at fire than any other elemental form of magic, since I find fire frighteningly unpredictable. I once set fire to an entire forest full of Haoaerans by mistake, and although Gorowyn gave me a medal, I later learned that it was a sacred forest, and from then on I was cursed with sea-sickness. Strange thing to curse someone who burns down a forest with.

I'd say I've got a pretty decent life. Being a drifter, I rarely have a place to sleep. This isn't as bad as it would be for someone else because, as a "skilled" magician, I don't tire easily, and can regain some of my energy by meditating.

I've always tried to convince myself that I ought to hate both of my mentors for how they treated me. I don't want to go into specifics about it, to spare you, of course. Suffice it to say that they made me the person I am today, and I'm okay with that. I've also been trying to pretend that you aren't writing all of this down, but it's not working. I suggest you do away with that transcript presently, before I set fire to you. Did you hear me? I said do away with the-

Tallindra
Honored Patron
Honored Patron

Post by Tallindra » 06/30/11

My name is Tallindra. No last name worth noting. People call me Lieutenant, LT, Ma'am, Tallindra. Some call me Talli. I disapprove of it.

I've had... Something resembling an alias. But it would be stupid to speak of it openly, aye?

2. Where were you born?

Llanelly. No, don't bother checking your maps. It's not there.

Really, it was an insignificant island community.

My family? One could say the entirety of the community was family. It is such in small groups where many have blood ties.

My immediate family was my father, a ranger of some repute during the Age of Turmoil, and my mother... A half-elf he met after the War of Wrath. I barely knew her. Half-Elven lifespan, you see?

I took after my father, mostly. Imagine an almost pureblood wood elf living in a half-elf community. That should be enough.

I was educated to be a weaver. Tremendously useful skill *The sarcasm is more than obvious to all*

My father was a role model, I suppose. Always telling stories about the adventures of the Age of Turmoil. People believed him, so I did, too. Turns out, it -was- all true.

None. The seas were still wild from the Rending as I grew up.

Myself.

Because home turned into a smoking crater the night of the Shattering.

I have been given titles of nobility in Freeport, as well as officer ranks in the Militia.

*There is the sense of something left unsaid. Perhaps a lot*

I receive pay from the militia.

I am a soldier, first and foremost. Life was my teacher.

I am a trainer, and this I learned from a great many officers in the Militia that came before me. Cosades and T'Vex may have been the greatest influences.

I am a torturess, this skill was entirely self-taught.

*She stares at the interviewer in silence for some time, clearly expecting there to be more. Eventually,*

I train. I study. I could say I enjoy conversation, but the truth is that I usually don't.

When ordered. When needed. When annoyed. When practical.

Not a question worth pondering. One does not usually choose death, it comes to you when you're not looking for it.

14. What frightens you?

Fear is an illusion of the mind.

My body.

16. Who have you loved?

In what sense?

I've had friends, allies

17. What are your goals?

My honest goals are far too distant to be worth discussing. Nigh-impossible, really.

For the moment, I intend to live until tomorrow.

Older, in the same place.

Sit in bed, puzzled.

*She is quiet a moment, obviously having been caught off-guard and having to consider this before answering. Finally,*

I imagine it depends on the manner of the meeting. I suppose most I meet in an official function immediatelly see me as part of the faceless machine - emotionless, detached, uninterested. I don't care to change that, so I suppose this view likely lingers.

Some have met me personally. I suppose these may see me as polite, but uninteresting. And that suits me just as well.

Absolute trust and union. No need for suspicion, fears, doubts. A safe harbor that will always be there and cannot be dislodged, destroyed or sullied.

And no, I don't think so for one second.

My personal life? *She ponders that for a moment, then waves the question away*

Failure to cling to an old vow.

Zebuxoruk.

Possibly quite the opposite.

Meddlesome entities with the maturity of a child and the same attention span.

Oh, and the power to kill us all.

There's plenty...

What would happen? For starters, you'd probably not like it.

A lot of people have a single regret or scar that runs deep. They can look at it, be proud of surviving, and learn a lesson. It is comforting, simple.

I have hundreds. That makes it somewhat harder to point at a single one, aye?

My what!?

Sacrificed, soul trapped for years, forced into another body as an experiment, tortured to submission, broken, forced to go on living.

Why? Because it was useful.

"Didn't make it". Nice and honest.

Already dead.

Hasn't that been asked already...? ... No matter. Fear is an illusion of the mind.

Myself.

For the first... The fact that I can endure anything and everything.

For the later... The fact that I have to.

I endure.

Do you mean changes that are possible? Within one's reach? If so, nothing.

Probably. But I'm good at it