The Interview

Ongoing roleplay and fiction.
Ceebia
Regular
Regular

Re: The Interview

Post by Ceebia » 09/03/11

1. What is your name? What do people call you? Have you ever gone under an alias? Ceebia, Iksar devil. wandering swifttail at times.

2. Where were you born? One of the outlying villages of Kurnak

3. What is your family like? Did you have any siblings? Swifttail caste traditionalists

4. What was your childhood like?Training and more training..

5. What sort of education did you recieve? Were there significant role models?Just in being a swifttail. THe grandmasters where all I had for such.

6. What sort of exposure did you have to outside events? Other races? Other cultures? Other religions?AS I have always wanderd without purpose, or direction.. I have seen and done alot.

7. What do you believe in?Cazic-Thule, and the overthrough of the current empire.

8. Why did you leave home - or why do you stay? My leaving was not of my choice.

9. What is your position in society? Has this changed over your lifetime? I earned the final shackle and was about to take the master's test when I openly questioned them. I am now seen as a outcast by my own people.

10. How do you make money? What sort of skills do you have? Who taught them to you? I do what I can.. no one taught me, i just surive as best I can.

11.What do you do to relax? What hobbies do you have? Just practice and more training is all I do.

12. Under what circumstances would you kill? Why would I not kill would be a better question.

13. What would you die for? Those I consider freinds, which is rare.

14. What frightens you? I am iksar, I create fear, I do not fear.

15. What is your most prized possession? I value nothing.

16. Who have you loved? Love is something I try to avoid.. as it can bring weakness.

17. What are your goals? Next question

18. Where do you see yourself in the future? I try not to bother with such thinking, it sets goals that one can often not reach.

19. If you had a free day with no responsibilities and your only mission was to enjoy yourself, what would you do? Train followed by more training.

20. What impression do you make on people when they first meet you? How about after they've known you for a while? I do not try and impress I just let them judge me and deal with it.

21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that'll happen inyour life? NEXT QUESTION SOFTSKIN!

22. What are you most proud of about your personal life? Not sure.

23. What are you most ashamed of in your personal life? *growls* Next question.

24. If you could spend the day with someone you admire (living or dead or imaginary), who would you pick? Grandmaster Tynn, the founder of the swifttails.

25. Do you think you've turned out the way your parents expected? *frills drop lower then normal* If you value your life, next question.

26. What do you believe about gods? Each has it's importance.

27. Is there anything you've always wanted to do but haven't done? What would happen if you did it? Become a grandmaster... I only hold it in name, not trail, and thatis only because other swifttail call me that at times.

28. What's the worst thing that's happened in your life? What did you learn from it? Exiled by my own people.

29. Tell me about your best friend. None to talk about.

30. What's the worst thing you've ever done to someone? Why? I have no regrets.

31. What would you like it to say on your tombstone? Here lies Ceebia of Kurnak.

32. Describe your ideal mate. A strong male, that knows when to show strength, and when to submit to the right person.

33. What are you most afraid of? I am iksar, I have no fear.

34. What's the most important thing in your life? What do you value most? I value nothing.

35. What do you like best about yourself? Least? I favor nothing and improve on everything.

36. How do you feel about your life right now? What, if anything, would you like to change? Probally just how others accept me in Kurnak.

37. Are you lying to yourself about something? What is it? I have no reason to lie, to myself about anything.

TinweSaa
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by TinweSaa » 11/16/11

1. What is your name? What do people call you? Have you ever gone under an alias?

My name is Arquenniel Tinwe`Saa. Depending on the person, I am called Arq or General. My aliases are classified. If I tell you, I would have to kill you.

2. Where were you born?

I was born in Freeport.

3. What is your family like? Did you have any siblings?

My parents died when I was 5. I have a twin sister.

4. What was your childhood like?

It was typical until I was 5 and our caravan was attacked. My parents were killed. I was raised as a ward Freeport under the auspices of the Ambassador’s office in Gorowyn. I was branded a delinquent for all intents and purposes because I was forever on the hunt for my sister.

5. What sort of education did you receive? Were there significant role models?

I received a typical education when I was not off looking for my sister.

6. What sort of exposure did you have to outside events? Other races? Other cultures? Other religions?

I was raised in Gorowyn with the smelly Sarnak. They are interesting enough. Their only redeeming quality is a disdain for Iksar.

7. What do you believe in?

I believe in my sword, myself, Freeport and the Overlord.

8. Why did you leave home - or why do you stay?

I did not leave home persay. My father was sent as one of the guards for a caravan to Gorowyn for the Ambassador’s office. We were attacked several times. Both my parents died.

9. What is your position in society? Has this changed over your lifetime?

I was a ward of Freeport looking for my sister. I was angry and frustrated as a child. Now, I am a General in the Freeport Militia, 3rd Cavalry Division, Mantis CE.

10. How do you make money? What sort of skills do you have? Who taught them to you?

Other than being a General, I am a tailor like my mother.

11.What do you do to relax? What hobbies do you have?

I do not have time for such things....

12. Under what circumstances would you kill?

I am a General in the Freeport Militia... If the circumstance calls for death, I have no problem meting it out.

13. What would you die for?

Strength in Unity! Unity in Lucan!

14. What frightens you?

I am a shadowknight... I fear nothing.

15. What is your most prized possession?

I don’t have a prized possession.

16. Who have you loved?

Never had time for this.

17. What are your goals?

My goal is to be the best the Freeport Militia has to offer to make my Father proud.

18. Where do you see yourself in the future?

As a General of the Knights of Freeport leading us to victory.

19. If you had a free day with no responsibilities and your only mission was to enjoy yourself, what would you do?

Sit on the balcony and spend time with my sister.

20. What impression do you make on people when they first meet you? How about after they've known you for a while?

I am not sure what impression I make on people when they first meet me. Quite frankly, I do not care. Though who has known me for a while, know I am reliable and trustworthy.

21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that'll happen in your life?

Never gave this any thought. I am sure my sister will find someone and settle down though. If he gives her any problems, I will have words with him right before I introduce his head to his backside.

22. What are you most proud of about your personal life?

Reclaiming my familial home after 20 years of being gone.

23. What are you most ashamed of in your personal life?

I never found my sister until stumbled upon her after the vile lizard released her from slavery.

24. If you could spend the day with someone you admire (living or dead or imaginary), who would you pick?

My Father.

25. Do you think you've turned out the way your parents expected?

I sure hope so.

26. What do you believe about gods?

They give you an ideal to strive for.

27. Is there anything you've always wanted to do but haven't done? What would happen if you did it?

Not that I can think of.

28. What's the worst thing that's happened in your life? What did you learn from it?

Being separated from my sister. Family matters more than you know and you should appreciate them while they are in your life.

29. Tell me about your best friend.

30. What's the worst thing you've ever done to someone? Why?

I am not at liberty to speak on such things.

31. What would you like it to say on your tombstone?

General Arquenniel Tinwe`Saa, Died honorably in service to the Overlord and Freeport. Strength in Unity! Unity in Lucan!

32. Describe your ideal mate.

33. What are you most afraid of?

I am a shadowknight. I don’t fear anything.

34. What's the most important thing in your life? What do you value most?

My sister.

35. What do you like best about yourself? Least?

I like that I am determined and focused. I am pretty settled in who I am.

36. How do you feel about your life right now? What, if anything, would you like to change?

I think my life is great and there is nothing I would change right now.

37. Are you lying to yourself about something? What is it?

Nope...

Ezyaathe
Patron
Patron

Post by Ezyaathe » 11/16/11

1. What is your name? What do people call you? Have you ever gone under an alias?

Ezyaathe Kor`Inth... Captain, Zyaa, Hellion, Armor Plated Hellion... At one time, Ezyaathe Cel’Voda

2. Where were you born?

Neriak

I was raised in a devoted household. My father was a shadowknight and my mother was an inquisitor. I was an only child.

Typical for a Teir`dal

5. What sort of education did you recieve? Were there significant role models?

Private tutors. The late Thavius Ryujin was my greatest role model. Old school, fanatical zealot Teir`dal follower of Hatred’s Will.

6. What sort of exposure did you have to outside events? Other races? Other cultures? Other religions?

I was raised in Neriak while it was cut off from the world. As an adult, I have travelled all over and experienced many races, cultures and religions. All have fallen to my blades in service to the Will at some point.

Myself and Hatred’s Will.

I was taken from my home by Visile Cel`Voda. I returned because it is where I belong. The Faithless Priest’s vision was never to see fruitiion

I am Captain of the Guard for an old, devout house of Hatred. I worked for it. I earned. It is my place.

10. How do you make money? What sort of skills do you have? Who taught them to you?

I am a Captain of the Guard and a Master Weaponsmith.

I have a bound concubine... /grins

I really do not need to justify it...

I serve Hatred’s Will... When the time comes, I will raised by the Necromancers to continue to serve in Honor.

14. What frightens you?

/chuckles

Ekitia

16. Who have you loved?

/arches a brow... I follow Hatred’s Will... The Harbinger once said, love is simply the built in need for a species to breed and continue on. It is misinterpreted by most to be more than it really is and leads to weakness and a pathetic existence. I agree...

17. What are your goals?

Spread Hatred’s Will of course.

Doing my duty as I have been.

19. If you had a free day with no responsibilities and your only mission was to enjoy yourself, what would you do?

/grins... It involves Ekitia. That is all you need to know.

20. What impression do you make on people when they first meet you? How about after they've known you for a while?

I really don’t care... I am a Warrior of Neriak and devoted follower of Hatred’s Will. What people think of me does not matter. What they need to understand is I serve the Will and they will too whether by choice or under the command and will of the Necromancers.

21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that'll happen inyour life?

/laughs quietly... Marriage is for pales and talking beasts...

Me...

/snorts Nothing...

24. If you could spend the day with someone you admire (living or dead or imaginary), who would you pick?

Ryujin and the Harbinger... These were true faithful to the Will and they understood what I looked for in battle. True carnage...

Do you really think I care...

They have their uses... Only Hatred’s Will matters.

27. Is there anything you've always wanted to do but haven't done? What would happen if you did it?

/smirks and dismisses the question

28. What's the worst thing that's happened in your life? What did you learn from it?

The generous application of brutality resolves problems decisively.

/outright laughs...

I suppose this depends on your point of view... However, I left an impression on a male who thought he had the right to take from one of the household... So I made sure all knew what a pathetic waste of flesh he was... I won’t go into those details. They might offend someone’s sensibilities.

There will not be one. When my time comes, it will be on the battlefield and the Necromancers will raise my remains to continue to serve Hatred’s Will until there is nothing that remains to bury.

I don’t need a mate. I have bound concubine and she serves me better than any mate could.

/laughs outright again

Hatred’s Will

I am me and there is no other like me. I will bask in your Hatred and Contempt...

36. How do you feel about your life right now? What, if anything, would you like to change?

/chuckles

I do not have any reason to lie. The truth is far more terrible and deadly than a lie can ever be.

Medlinniel
Visitor

Post by Medlinniel » 11/17/11

Medlinniel Seppa`Ixxen. People can call me Medlin though. I don’t have an alias or do I?

2. Where were you born?

Don’t know.... I was an orphan infant taken in by a cloister of Tunare followers.

I was raised by devout priests and paladins of Tunare. They were my family.

Highly regimented and controlled. Academics, training and devotions. And... punishments because I am a bit rowdy... ...supposedly.

I was educated by the cloister.

My life was very restricted... until now...

The Mother of All, of course.

I did not leave home so much as I was tossed on a boat and ferried away from danger. Mistmoore vampires decimated the cloister when I was young. My protectorate Kejad and I are the only survivors.

My what? What position? I have a position? /shrugs

I do a little of this and a little of that... I am an alchemist and a tinkerer.

Hang out in trees... I love climbing as high as I can...

/smirks...

Tunare

14. What frightens you?

/thinks for a long time...

I don’t have much in the way of possessions.

16. Who have you loved?

That was never allowed.

17. What are your goals?

Figure out how the world works...

Hmmm I have not given this much thought....

I would explore every tavern and place of entertainment I could. So many interesting and curious people can be found.

I guess I will have to meet more people before I can answer this.

21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that'll happen inyour life?

Mutual respect and appreciation I think. I hope so... But who knows... I never even had someone show an interest, so we will see.

My new home in Halas. It is so pretty and it is mine. I just have to get it decorated.

Not being able to help the cloister in their time of greatest need.

Can I get back to you on this one? I need to meet more people.

I am not sure... I am certain that the cloister would frown upon my exploring so much.

Tunare is the Mother of All. She loves us.

That is very long list...

The destruction of the cloister. I learned that knowing your enemy is very important.

Ummm... I do not have one.. yet...

I sneak off to taverns and nightclubs without Kejad because I want to meet people and see what is out there in the world.

Tunare’s Devoted Gardener

Let me get back to you on this.

Service to the Goddess of course.

I like me...

I want to expand my horizons!

No... /smirks

Ravynya
Patron
Patron

Post by Ravynya » 12/01/11

Lady Nox`Cruor

2. Where were you born?

The Plains of Karana

My family follow Hatred’s Will. I had siblings. My sister, Myleena, was dispatched by my brother for being a failure. My brother passed is battle.

I was raised by my Honored Brother in service to the Will.

Typical for a Teir`dal...

I have surpassed a millenia of existence. I have seen much.

Hatred’s Will.

My family were missionaries. We returned home when were old enough to begin training.

She smiles enigmatically... I am Lady Ravynya Nox`Cruor, Heretic of Neriak.

I have been well cared for by both my Honored Brother and the late Patriarch.

She looks blankly as the question is asked. There is no time for hobbies in service to the Will.

All must pass through me. I am the Door.

I am a necromancer. Death is minor inconvenience.

14. What frightens you?

Weakness in those who serve the Will is not acceptable.

Nothing I will tell you about.

16. Who have you loved?

I am a Teir`dal.

17. What are your goals?

Spread Hatred across all of Norrath.

Serving the Will as I always have.

You presume such trivialities matter to me. I am not a lazy pale.

I do not really care. I am here with a purpose that does not consider or require the opinions of others.

21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that'll happen in your life?

Marriage is for pales.

My son, Maelthra.

Absolutely nothing.

I am not a pale. I do not have such sentimental thoughts.

Do you think I care?

Many of their avatars have laid at my feet to be raised to serve the Will. Many are petty and childish. I have no respect for such weakness.

A cruel and dangerous looking smile passes across her face.

As long as the Will is served nothing else matters.

Again, do I look like a pale to you?

I can summon souls to answer that question.

With a wave of her hand, she dismisses the question.

One who serves the Will.

I told you such weakness are not acceptable to those who serve the Will.

Hatred’s Will.

She dismisses the question.

I regret nothing.

I never lie... The truth is always more terrible and dangerous than a lie.

Faolayn
Visitor

Post by Faolayn » 12/01/11

She pulls out a tattered, crumpled piece of paper with Faolayn written on it and shows it to you. The large scar on her neck speaks to the fact she is mute.

2. Where were you born?

She watches you with a grin and gestures around Neriak.

She weaves sign and cant, “I take care of pack.” She nods enthusiastically.

“I live in woods,” she continues to weave sign and cant.

She looks at you like you have ten heads. “I teach me.”

She looks confused and offers no answer.

“I no leave home. Mother, father no want me. Give me to vampires. Lady’s Son save me. I go live in woods.” She weaves with her hands.

She shakes her very full coin pouch then it disappears as quickly as it appeared.

“I make food.”

“I kill lots of things.”

“I no die. I good hunter.”

14. What frightens you?

She thinks really hard then shrugs.

She pulls out a vampire fang necklace.

16. Who have you loved?

She shrugs.

17. What are your goals?

“I hunt.” She nods enthusiastically.

“Hunt.”

She shrugs.

“I no have mate.” She makes a unique sign, “...say I his mate, but I not his mate. I no want babies so I no want mate.”

Shows you Havoc

“Lady’s Son.”

She shrugs, “They no want me. I no want them. I not care.”

She thinks then shakes her head.

“Vampires try to get me, but Lady’s Son save me. I kill vampires now.” She nods her head sagely.

She tilts her head without a word.

She shrugs, “I good hunter.”

She looks at you like you grew ten head suddenly.

“I say I no want babies. I no need mate.” Her hand movements are very deliberate.

She thinks really hard then shrugs.

“I good hunter.”

“I say to you I good hunter.”

“I happy.”

She tilts her head then wanders off.

Machia-Sorensen
Visitor

Post by Machia-Sorensen » 12/01/11

1. What is your name? What do people call you? Have you ever gone under an alias?Machia Sorensen, Mac-Tac by a Troll *smiles* Oh and stubborn and hard-headed. Aye, that alot.

2. Where were you born?I think Commonlands. Ma was from Freeport. Her husband was from Qeynos.

3. What is your family like? Did you have any siblings?Aye, two step sisters and two half brother twins. Then there is Pa and Ma. Wonderful family wit sibling fights and firm hands on our backsides when needed. And also lots of hugs.

4. What was your childhood like?Farm life from about 4 on when Ma got tagether with Krasne my step-father..he raised me since I was about 4 and a half.

5. What sort of education did you recieve? Were there significant role models?Oh ma was well educated and taught all us kids. She also soon had built up an Inn so we really got the commerial education also. Specially cyphers. I'd say Ma and Pa are my home heros.

6. What sort of exposure did you have to outside events? Other races? Other cultures? Other religions?Not much until the Inn was started. Saw some different races and got the stories- later learned alot of it was..well..human-biased and not all the way true.

7. What do you believe in?Honor, doing yer best to do your best work for people. Oh and Karana. We have a understanding, sor to speak.

8. Why did you leave home - or why do you stay?Had an inncedent, so it was better I leave than get hung by Qeynosian justice. At the time we lived in the Steppes 'tween the great citys but more under the sway of Qeynos than Freeport.

9. What is your position in society? Has this changed over your lifetime?I'm a soldier and Healer to a Strong House. Yes. Started small then moved up in rank through hard work. Get in trouble and lose rank..do it all over again.

10. How do you make money? What sort of skills do you have? Who taught them to you?Ma taught me cooking and I've learned more. Some of that brings in coin as wella s adventuring. I get my stipen from the House and I find and sell various artifacts. Also sometimes I get some coin for Healing parties as they adventure.Learned heling from Travlers, have natural talents and then the Temple in Freeport.

11.What do you do to relax? What hobbies do you have?Both are the same- Read a book, embrodiery, cook, garden, and...

12. Under what circumstances would you kill?To protect myself and those with me and the House I belong to.

13. What would you die for?What? umm..dunna know unless it came to it.

14. What frightens you?Quite a few things.

15. What is your most prized possession?My soul

16. Who have you loved?A few fiersly but it dinna work out on..their end. So no more of that nonsense. It's not worth the pain.

17. What are your goals?To be the best Healer of the House and takeup a Captancy, maybe more.

19. If you had a free day with no responsibilities and your only mission was to enjoy yourself, what would you do?See above with hobbies

20. What impression do you make on people when they first meet you? How about after they've known you for a while?Good natured, easy to get to know. A fool to be used.*shrugs* Alot of Tier`dal around, don't ye know. *bland smile*

21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that'll happen inyour life?No. But a good marrage would be like Ma and pa's- stick together rough and smooth, work together for common goals.

22. What are you most proud of about your personal life?Staying Honorable

23. What are you most ashamed of in your personal life? Dunna want ta get into it.

24. If you could spend the day with someone you admire (living or dead or imaginary), who would you pick?I would hae to think long on that. Sometimes you don't want to be aware of all the things someone you admire does in their line of work. It would ruin it all, don't you know.

25. Do you think you've turned out the way your parents expected? No. 100% no.

26. What do you believe about gods?They are there. They help hold at bay the Void but need us too. For the most part we are pawns on their game board. Useful. Them takin an interest in ya can both be good and bad. Karana and I have this unnerstandign. If He calls for summat to be done I will. he gives me extra power. Otherwise, I make my own life-He can use what err I become.

27. Is there anything you've always wanted to do but haven't done? What would happen if you did it?Plenty and knowing my ...luck- I'd get into some serious trouble.

28. What's the worst thing that's happened in your life? What did you learn from it?I..changed in way I ner knew possible. Change is bad with only a few possible good things about it.

29. Tell me about your best friend.Sticks up for me een if I'm wrong, but tells me I was wrong. helps me to stay calm. Comerserates wit me, then sometimes cheers me up.

30. What's the worst thing you've ever done to someone? Why? Hurt someone very badly emotionally.To escape..what couldn't be fled from. Enough about that. Tis all in the past.

31. What would you like it to say on your tombstone?Machia Sorensen

32. Describe your ideal mate.Wont have one so its redundant.

33. What are you most afraid of?Like I'd give that information out to be used agan me? *chuckles*

34. What's the most important thing in your life? What do you value most?Respect from those around me

35. What do you like best about yourself? Least?Best? i can eat and not get over weight. Least? Almost errthing else.

36. How do you feel about your life right now? What, if anything, would you like to change?I'd just about change errthing.Silly isn't it. Change is bad. But my changes would be going back to some things that were forceably changed.

37. Are you lying to yourself about something? What is it?To many people say I lie. I don't lie. Iffin I dont know the truth about summat but only what I feel..its not a lie. Being inaccurate is not a lie.

Nnylie
Patron
Patron

Post by Nnylie » 12/06/11

1. What is your name? What do people call you? Have you ever gone under an alias? Name's Aerapoesa. Most call me General, or Ma'am. Tellin you my alias' would defeat their purpose.

2. Where were you born? Neriak..

3. What is your family like? Did you have any siblings? Family...and yep.

4. What was your childhood like? the hell?! Why?!

5. What sort of education did you recieve? Were there significant role models? Oh Aye, you're dad? The one that was never there for you? He was the one readin my bed time stories and teaching me how to throw a hit.

6. What sort of exposure did you have to outside events? Other races? Other cultures? Other religions? I was brought up near the ports of Freeport, plenty. I know which races, cultures and religions I'm alright with.....and which I'm not.

7. What do you believe in? -Aera stares at the interviewer, then looks around, an almost confused expression on her face- Who the bloody hell let this fairy in here?

8. Why did you leave home - or why do you stay? It's...-my- home. Why in Lucan's name would I leave?

9. What is your position in society? Has this changed over your lifetime? You bet your ass it has, instead of asking folks questions I've worked my ass off. Went from an orphan, to a dock worker, to a Captain of a ship, to a Page in the greatest military in all of Norrath...to General.

10. How do you make money? What sort of skills do you have? Who taught them to you? -raises a brow- You don't pay attention much do you? That's probably why you're in taverns asking folks questions.

11.What do you do to relax? What hobbies do you have? Can you...follow the course of a discussion? -Aera has no real grasp on what an interview actually is-

12. Under what circumstances would you kill? Not many. Over money...over a man...hmm..over a woman..over a disagreement, over an annoyance...you know what? Most. Let's just say most.

13. What would you die for? Lucan, Freeport and Family.

14. What frightens you? ...

15. What is your most prized possession? My crowbar.

16. Who have you loved? Go fuck yourself.

17. What are your goals? Mine.

18. Where do you see yourself in the future? Standing over your twitching corpse...

19. If you had a free day with no responsibilities and your only mission was to enjoy yourself, what would you do? ...

20. What impression do you make on people when they first meet you? How about after they've known you for a while? Usually along the lines of...hatred...fear...suspicion...fear....hatred. Once in a blue moon I'll meet someone strong of heart and stomach enough to think "Hey...bet she's a great drinkin buddy."

21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that'll happen inyour life? ...

22. What are you most proud of about your personal life? ...personal?

23. What are you most ashamed of in your personal life? ...

24. If you could spend the day with someone you admire (living or dead or imaginary), who would you pick? ...Always wanted to smoke some long leaf with Lucan.

25. Do you think you've turned out the way your parents expected? -just bursts out laughing-

26. What do you believe about gods? They're pointless.

27. Is there anything you've always wanted to do but haven't done? What would happen if you did it? ...do I look like someone who holds back?

28. What's the worst thing that's happened in your life? What did you learn from it? -bursts out laughing again- Long story...but let's say I've learned to add a psychological examination to our recruitment process.

29. Tell me about your best friend. No. Friends don't send nosy creeps after each other.

30. What's the worst thing you've ever done to someone? Why? ...uhhhh...-Aera shifts a bit in her seat- Worst?...don't know.

31. What would you like it to say on your tombstone? -bursts out laughing- "By the time she died...we couldn't identify her, we're assuming this is Aerapoesa Z'Tarax"

32. Describe your ideal mate. Someone who doesn't piss me off would work.

33. What are you most afraid of? ..asking me again isn't all that sneaky.

34. What's the most important thing in your life? What do you value most? Everything about it.

35. What do you like best about yourself? Least? That I'm a damn vampire...that sucks.

36. How do you feel about your life right now? What, if anything, would you like to change? Uhh..you should really learn to pay attention, and thank Lucan you aren't enlisted...you'd already be kicked under the rug.

37. Are you lying to yourself about something? What is it? No. I promise...you'd be under the rug.

Raeje
Visitor

Post by Raeje » 12/09/11

1. What is your name? What do people call you? Have you ever gone under an alias? I used to be called Raege, but after I gave up training as an assassin, I became known as Raeje. Sometimes I am known as Nynae.

2. Where were you born? In Freeport

3. What is your family like? Did you have any siblings? My parents went out to sea when I was 5, and never returned. I have no known siblings.

4. What was your childhood like? Before my parents disappeared it was nice. Mother was a sweet elf lady who wanted me to become a mage, father was a mischievous gnome, who wanted me to adventure and enjoy life. After they disappeared things changed. I trained as an assassin, but was never very good at it.

5. What sort of education did you recieve? Were there significant role models? I received a decent education while training, but the things I loved most in life were secondary to the things I was supposed to be learning. My role model used to be my father, because of his overall outlook on life.

6. What sort of exposure did you have to outside events? Other races? Other cultures? Other religions? Being of mixed race meant I got to experience both the elf culture and the gnome culture, and I trained with many other races. I grew up being tolerant of all races.

7. What do you believe in? I believe in the power of the arts, and a good hat.

8. Why did you leave home - or why do you stay? I was taken by an assassin who my father had met at a tavern and become good friends with. This man raised me when my parents never came home.

9. What is your position in society? Has this changed over your lifetime? It has changed significantly. I was once a trainee assassin, but my last job ended badly, and I have some memory loss. I am now a travelling performer/artist.

10. How do you make money? What sort of skills do you have? Who taught them to you? I make money performing for people. Sometimes I will do a one woman show, sometimes I will draw a portrait and sell it, and sometimes I will write poetry for others. I think these skills were inbred, a mixture of my mother’s love of nature, and my father’s outgoing character.

11.What do you do to relax? What hobbies do you have? Mostly I write to relax. Sometimes I like to go for walks and become one with nature.

12. Under what circumstances would you kill? I used to kill for money, but now I would only kill if my life, or the life of someone I love was in danger.

13. What would you die for? I would die for the arts and those I love.

14. What frightens you? The idea that I will always be alone in the world.

15. What is your most prized possession? My collection of extravagant hats.

16. Who have you loved? I have loved my parents. I have thought I loved others, but been wrong.

17. What are your goals? To become successful.

18. Where do you see yourself in the future? Living in Lothair’s Dungeon…Oh, in the distant future I see myself being somewhere comfortable.

19. If you had a free day with no responsibilities and your only mission was to enjoy yourself, what would you do? I would perform, read, write, draw and explore.

20. What impression do you make on people when they first meet you? How about after they've known you for a while? When they first meet me people often think I am a little antisocial. I am not. I just like to think a lot. When they get to know me people often want me to stop talking, because I talk too much.

21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that'll happen inyour life? A good marriage involves trust, loyalty, friendship, happiness and humor…But above all it involves love and equality. I have no idea if I will ever marry. I would have to find someone quirky enough to keep up with me.

22. What are you most proud of about your personal life? My resolve. No matter what knocks me down I will get back up and fight.

23. What are you most ashamed of in your personal life? My time as an assassin.

24. If you could spend the day with someone you admire (living or dead or imaginary), who would you pick? My parents.

25. Do you think you've turned out the way your parents expected? I never got the chance to know, but I hope I did.

26. What do you believe about gods? I believe that if they are there they are lazy. But then again, who could have created nature in all of its glory???

27. Is there anything you've always wanted to do but haven't done? What would happen if you did it? I’ve wanted to tell that elf that I love him.

28. What's the worst thing that's happened in your life? What did you learn from it? My parents never coming home. I’ve learned that being strong in spirit is more important than being physically strong.

29. Tell me about your best friend. I don’t really have one.

30. What's the worst thing you've ever done to someone? Why? Killed them, because a contract required it. I never knew them. They could have been harmless.

31. What would you like it to say on your tombstone? Exit, perused by bear.

32. Describe your ideal mate. Someone who can accept me for who I am.

33. What are you most afraid of? being alone.

34. What's the most important thing in your life? What do you value most? The arts. Without them I cannot be strong.

35. What do you like best about yourself? Least? I like my hats and my personality the most. Least of all…my other personality.

36. How do you feel about your life right now? What, if anything, would you like to change? I like where my life is heading, but I would like to be a little more stable.

37. Are you lying to yourself about something? What is it? Yes, I think my fear of being alone stems from losing my parents as a child.

Kalmaraa
Honored Patron
Honored Patron

Post by Kalmaraa » 01/29/12

1. What is your name? What do people call you? Have you ever gone under an alias? Kalmaraa. Most call me by my title of Primary.

2. Where were you born? Gorowyn

3. What is your family like? Did you have any siblings? Nothing unusual as far as how it is in Gorowyn.

4. What was your childhood like? I whent in to the military as soon as I stepped out of of the growth tube.

5. What sort of education did you recieve? Were there significant role models? Military training of course.

6. What sort of exposure did you have to outside events? Other races? Other cultures? Other religions? Not much other then what passes through Gorowyn.

7. What do you believe in? The honor and stability of my people and homeland.

8. Why did you leave home - or why do you stay? I never left.

9. What is your position in society? Has this changed over your lifetime? Primary of the Gorowyn Militia. I earned it through honor.

10. How do you make money? What sort of skills do you have? Who taught them to you? I get a steppend from being the Primary, and I will admit a interest in alchemy.

11.What do you do to relax? What hobbies do you have? I train and work towards keeping Gorowyn safe and secure, what else is there?

12. Under what circumstances would you kill? If I am attacked or if the one I am to kill is a threat to Gorowyn.

13. What would you die for? My honor and serve to Gorowyn.

14. What frightens you? I fear nothing.

15. What is your most prized possession? Gorowyn.

16. Who have you loved? Hmm, not sure I understand.

17. What are your goals? The safety and growth of Gorowyn.

18. Where do you see yourself in the future? Likely the same place I am now, unless the Archlord and his council deem otherwise.

19. If you had a free day with no responsibilities and your only mission was to enjoy yourself, what would you do? Why would I ignore my responsibilities?

20. What impression do you make on people when they first meet you? How about after they've known you for a while? I tend to be and try to be polite to everyone I meet, even the Iksar.

21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that'll happen inyour life? What is marriage?

22. What are you most proud of about your personal life? Hard to say, I just do what I do. Nothing more.

23. What are you most ashamed of in your personal life? I am ashmed of nothing.

24. If you could spend the day with someone you admire (living or dead or imaginary), who would you pick? Hmm, that is hard to say and answer.

25. Do you think you've turned out the way your parents expected? Parents?

26. What do you believe about gods? They don't bother me, I don't bother then. Though The Tribunal is interesting.

27. Is there anything you've always wanted to do but haven't done? What would happen if you did it? Hmm, not sure I fully understand the question.

28. What's the worst thing that's happened in your life? What did you learn from it? Same as the last one.

29. Tell me about your best friend. My best friends are the ones I fight along side with on the battlefield.

30. What's the worst thing you've ever done to someone? Why? Kill them in the defense of Gorowyn.

31. What would you like it to say on your tombstone? Nothing, my life is not that important.

32. Describe your ideal mate. What is this mate?

33. What are you most afraid of? Again with the fear question.

34. What's the most important thing in your life? What do you value most? I think with all that I said so far it was obvious, the defense and safety of Gorowyn.

35. What do you like best about yourself? Least? What is there to like or dislike, I am who I am.

36. How do you feel about your life right now? What, if anything, would you like to change? Nothing.

37. Are you lying to yourself about something? What is it? Why would I lie to myself about something?

Kvanilya
Regular
Regular

Post by Kvanilya » 06/15/12

1. What is your name? What do people call you? Have you ever gone under an alias? Mmm..I'm called Khimyra now. I've long forgotten what my name was. Most call me Myra. Aliases? Mmm...a few here and there.

2. Where were you born? Neriak, as all good little Teir'Dal are. *giggles*

3. What is your family like? Did you have any siblings? Mmm...I don't remember my family much. I have cousins but don't remember any siblings.

4. What was your childhood like? *giggles* Teir'Dal don't have childhoods. I was raised by the wetnurse until I was old enough to be sent to the Spurned Tower.

5. What sort of education did you recieve? Were there significant role models? Mmm...I was trained as an Enchantress because I showed an aptitude for it. Role models? Does blackmailing my instructors count?

6. What sort of exposure did you have to outside events? Other races? Other cultures? Other religions? My training took me out into Nektulos Forest. Not the one you see now, the old one. I saw Halflings and the occasional Troll, Ogre and Human. Anyone who did not bend knee to Innoruuk was of course killed.

7. What do you believe in? Mmm..god food, good drink, and good company. My business is pleasure and business is very good. *smirks*

8. Why did you leave home - or why do you stay? Mmm...I suppose I left because I was bored. All those silly dutues one must do as a noble of Neriak. So boring and tedious. Of course I keep a home there now but I try to do as little as possible there. It annoys my cousin. *giggles*

9. What is your position in society? Has this changed over your lifetime? Mmm...that is an interesting question. It depends on where I am I suppose. In Maj'Dul, I am almost a Goddess. In Neriak I am a noble who shirks her responsibilities. In Freeport I am a tavern owner and one of Lucan's preferred companions. But most places I am known for my brothels and my collection. My position has changed quite a bit. I went from being an Agnostic from the Spurned caste to being a businesswoman and friend to those of more...let's say questionable character. *smirks*

10. How do you make money? What sort of skills do you have? Who taught them to you? Mmm...I don't worry about money. I suppose if I were to live through the next Shattering I may have to but...I don't need to worry abut money. I have so many skills to make money. *giggles*

11.What do you do to relax? What hobbies do you have? I think the better question is not what I do but who.

12. Under what circumstances would you kill? Mmm...I suppose it depends on many things.

13. What would you die for? Well I did die once. Nasty business that. I died because the moon decided to go boom.

14. What frightens you? Frightens me? Mmm...I suppose running into the problem of running out of new and exciting people to play with.

15. What is your most prized possession? Mmm...my pants collection.

16. Who have you loved? Love is such a strong word...I've enjoyed a great many though.

17. What are your goals? To collect pants, to rule over Maj'Dul, and to see that when people think of pleasure, they think of me.

18. Where do you see yourself in the future? Mmm...I could see myself becoming the Goddess of Pleasure. *giggles* Couldn't you?

19. If you had a free day with no responsibilities and your only mission was to enjoy yourself, what would you do? I call that Soulsday.

20. What impression do you make on people when they first meet you? How about after they've known you for a while? *giggles* Well if I can make impressions on them they are usually below the belt if I can get my hands there...

21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that'll happen inyour life? Marriage? Oh! That Human thing. Mmm...we Teir'Dal don't believe in marriage.

22. What are you most proud of about your personal life? That I've had as many lovers as I've had. Such an enjoyable pasttime.

23. What are you most ashamed of in your personal life? *giggles* Ashamed? What do I have to be ashamed of?

24. If you could spend the day with someone you admire (living or dead or imaginary), who would you pick? Mmm...just one? I could think of about a city full!

25. Do you think you've turned out the way your parents expected? *giggles* Of course not. One thing I do remember is they were of course good Inny-fearing people.

26. What do you believe about gods? I used to not believe in them actually. Mmm...not sure about now.

27. Is there anything you've always wanted to do but haven't done? What would happen if you did it? Mmm...well I haven't gotten everyone out of their pants yet...

28. What's the worst thing that's happened in your life? What did you learn from it? I'd have to say dying. I learned something from it though. *giggles* Don't die.

29. Tell me about your best friend. Mmm...not sure what that would be. I suppose I could count some of my more useful underlings.

30. What's the worst thing you've ever done to someone? Why? Mmm...I suppose getting Antonia out of her dress and having to leave before I could fully enjoy her...

31. What would you like it to say on your tombstone? *giggles* Left a very nice corpse.

32. Describe your ideal mate. You say mate as in one...I don't see how one could ever keep me sated.

33. What are you most afraid of? Mmm...what is there to be afraid of?

34. What's the most important thing in your life? What do you value most? Mmm...I value very little.

35. What do you like best about yourself? Least? *giggles* What isn't there to like about myself? I love everything about myself.

36. How do you feel about your life right now? What, if anything, would you like to change?Mmm...I suppose that whole not being the Goddess of Pleasure. Or at least Lust. And ruling over Maj'Dul. I could be quite happy with my own city.

37. Are you lying to yourself about something? What is it? *giggles* Why lie?

Taysa
Resident
Resident

Post by Taysa » 06/19/12

My name is Taysa T'Viir. Most call me General T'Viir. My aliases? She chuckles darkly. I will only tell you if you allow me to cut out your tongue in exchange.

2. Where were you born?

Neriak. Does that surprise you?

My mother is dead. My father I have not seen in over a hundred years. He's probably dead, too. I have one twin brother, and he's an ass.

She sneers. None of your damn business.

Enough to slit your throat without you realizing it was coming. She grins wickedly.

Enough to know who can and cannot be trusted.

The Overlord is the only one worthy enough to rule all of Norrath, and instill order among the chaos. Thex is insane, Bayle is a weak minded fool, and the gods? She chuckles. The gods abandoned Norrath and are not worthy of worship.

Why stay in a place who cannot even make up its mind on who rules the people?

I am a General of the Third. That is the only position that matters.

I receive a stipend for the time and work I put into the Third. As for my skills, I can certainly show you, if you wish. She smirks.

Relax? Why relax when one can make themselves useful instead?

Under what circumstances do I not?

If the Overlord wishes my death, then my bow will be laid down and he can take my head himself, if he so chooses.

14. What frightens you?

Nothing. Fear is for the weak and pathetic.

My bow.

16. Who have you loved?

Again, none of your business.

17. What are your goals?

My goals are that of the Overlord's.

I plan on being in the Third until my last breath.

She grins. I'd go back to work.

What an idiotic question. Why don't you ask them?

A good marriage? How about none at all. It won't happen in my life, so why wish for it?

That's easy. Joining the Third.

She glares at the interviewer. None of your concern. Next question...

My father, so I can drive my blade through his gut.

I wouldn't have the faintest idea what my mother expected, for she died soon after I was born. My father? I can say for certain I did not meet his expectations.

They aren't worthy of thought, let alone worship.

The very public explosion of our old hall.

Why, so you can track them down to get more information on me? I don't think so.

Depends on your definition of "worst thing..."

I don't wish a tombstone.

One who doesn't up and disappear.

Didn't you ask that already?

I value my position in the Third.

If I wished to discuss feelings, I'd get a therapist.

I'm content with my life.

She waves the interviewer off as she walks away. Enough questions. I have work to do.

Ernool
Honored Patron
Honored Patron

Post by Ernool » 08/05/12

I'm Ernool Nassar. Most people call me Ernie. Only other name I went by was Primary, back when I was military.
2. Where were you born?
Yeah so like, I was born in Qeynos. But really, I grew up and became a man in Gorowyn.
Never really knew my dad. Long story and stuff. Mom was awesome, but she died before having any other children. Who knows, maybe dad gave me siblings, but I'll never meet them more than likely.
Kinda rough. Getting picked on for being ayr and for how, exactly, my mom came to have me. That's when she signed on with the overlord's army to join the first group to help the sarnaks.
Mostly street living until I was about 12, when mom moved us to Gorowyn. After that, she earned herself a spot on the military and saw that I had a tutor who taught me lessons, mostly science, tactics, and proper conduct.
Not a lot beyond the, sorta, cosmopolitan mix you expect from Freeport. Never really paid religion much attention until I met the prophet of Justice. I'm ok with cultures and religions now though.
Justice. I believe that every dude and dudette has a chance and right to make it big. But, I also believe every culture has a right to exist in peace...as long as it can stand up for itself. Sometimes, this means that I step in to defend what I believe, even if it flies in the face of a culture. Figure there's too many of us to perfectly gel.
Gorowyn's my home and I stay because it's my country. I only leave to tend to things with my troop...*he laughs*...I mean my friends and 'family' at The Fancy.
I'm a former primary, so sometimes younger sarnak will come see me for advice. I also make arrows or adornments for my country asking only for the base supplies. Beyond that, I'm a guard and manager at the Fancy. I guess, I'm bound for leadership.
I taught myself how to carve wood. Did it to make toys for my friends in Freeport and ended up doing it to make arrows, sticks, and shurikens. Mostly it's a hobby now as management gives me all the money I need.
I'm a physical guy. So when I need to relax I'm out hunting, running, climbing, or training. But, when I wanna sit down, there's always soaking in hot tubs or playing drums.
To defend my mate, protect my friends, or defend Gorowyn.
Same thing.
14. What frightens you?
Harm to those under my command. I don't wanna make the wrong choice, but that's a fear any good leader has, but one they deal with. Besides that, I dunno, drowning seems kinda freaky.
*pats the officer robe he's wearing* My mom gave me this when she inducted me formally as a Secondary of Gorowyn. It's out of my rank and the old design, but I am not giving this up for anything.
16. Who have you loved?
Well, you can guess who I loved loved. But like, romantically? I've been in and out of relationships, have always been a one woman man. Right now, I'm in love with my mate, Shayah. She's something special and brings out the best in me.
17. What are your goals?
To maintain the pride and honor of The Fancy, become the greatest fighter and maybe form my own martial style, and to have a family with Shayah.
Pretty much working towards or reaching my goals, then coming up with new ones. I can stop pursuing dreams when I'm dead.
If I could make it happen, I'd play as backup drummer for that new band everyone's talking about. Dude, that'd be the best.
I hear most people think I'm a meathead or kinda simple when they first meet me. *shrugs* Maybe...maybe. But like, after you get to know me, you figure that I'm proud of who I am, well read in science and military history and tactics, and everything that comes with that. I have some other hidden layers but, you'll learn that.
One where you help your partner grow and vice versa. I'm totally there now.
Recently? Besides being appointed manager and my marriage? I guess, the first time I won a personal duel. That's always been my weakness as a fighter. Weird I know.
It happened long ago...but I ditched a friend because I was weak, afraid, and wanted his girl. I'm mostly over it, but you remember your shames, ya know?
Any of the old sifus. I wanna spend a day sparring and talking philosophy with one of them.
*shrugs* I surpassed mom's expectations. Dad...meh.
I believe they're out there. Hell, I fought one...granted he was kinda in a funk. But I figure they're inspiring us with their lessons and letting us lead our own lives.
Will have to get back to you on that one. I usually push for my goals.
Hmmm....I learned, that it isn't what you fight, but what you fight for. No, not gonna talk about when I learned that.
Right now, my best friend should, by all rights, be my enemy. I mean, he openly admits to breaking rules, stealing, and explosives as a means to solve problems. But he's a good father, a good husband to his wife, and has shown few doubts in his path. I respect that and he's probably the one pirate to get a pass with me. I consider him my friend anyway.
I ditched a friend in need to be with his girl, because I was a horny cowardly punk kid.
The truth as my loved ones see it.
*he grins and points at Shayah as she enters the room*
Didn't I cover this? Messing up and losing someone under my command and drowning. Good thing I swim like a fish, but the thought of drowning...ugh.
My faith, my skills, and my honor.
I take pride in all of my talents, experiences, and successes. But I have to admit, sometimes I feel like I could have learned more than just science, history, and tactics.
My life is the sum parts of who I am. If I wanted to change anything, than I wouldn't be me.
I don't think so.

Tajar
Resident
Resident

Post by Tajar » 08/29/12

My name is Tajar Eb'Udae. Most records would have me listed as Tajar Vlosd'Vesdrac, except very recent ones. I am called Ilharess, Priestess, Your Grace...sometimes even just Grace. *The Teir'Dal shrugs lightly as if she honestly couldn't care what people call her.*

2. Where were you born?
Outside of Neriak, in a manor on the boundary of Nektulos and Lavastorm... before the Rending of course.

*Again she shrugs* We are family, as mis-matched as we are. I have a half brother. I had a half sister too, but I don't know what happened to her.

What childhood?

I was raised with the priesthood in the Third Gate. Naturally, I received a good education. There were no role models. It was succeed or die.

When I was old enough I was sent to serve one known as Lord Haavok. His house harboured many races, but we all served the Prince of Hate.

Hate.

I left to fight in the wars against the Gods. By the time I decided to return home it was sealed off. More recently I have returned, despite a brief exile.

My parent's crime left me in a bad position as a child. I have fought tooth and nail for what I have now, scraped out my own place in the world. Now I am Ilharess of my own House. Some like me, some hate me. I really don't care anymore.

I am a healer, and I was taught by the High Priestess Alexandria.

*She just smiles enigmatically and prompts the interviewer on*

*Laughs* You mean what circumstances would I not?

*Shrugs* When the Father wants me back, He shall have me. How, does not matter.

14. What frightens you?
Not much.

He who is not yet born.

16. Who have you loved?
No-one I wish to discuss.

17. What are your goals?
To further Hatred and my House.

Do I look like a Scryer?

That one time that day occurred, it almost killed me.

Shouldn't you be asking other people that?

It happened once in a moment of foolishness. It will not happen again.

Getting back on my feet after almost being destroyed.

I don't want to discuss it.

Dolthaic N'Zyliath. He can talk sense into me when no one else can. He is my House's High Priest and my closest adviser and one of my best friends.

*Chuckles* Considering my parents were exiled for my birth, I doubt they thought I would live to see adulthood, let alone nearly seven hundred years.

I was among those who breached the Planes in the Age of Turmoil. What does that tell you?

Yes, and I'm working on doing it now.

I was exiled from my own House, and the Bloodbond with my husband severed. *She pauses, thinking about the drastic life-changing learning curve that resulted.* I learned a lot.

She's the secretive type. *states simply, obviously not going to reveal more*

Hmm...I suppose that is a matter of perspective...

My name will suffice.

*Raises an eyebrow*

I really have little to fear at all.

*looks thoughtful* I value many things... perhaps some much more than before.

Sometimes, I wish I was a little taller. But only sometimes.

It's on the right track.

No
Last edited by Tajar on 09/13/12, edited 1 time in total.

Emuju
Patron
Patron

Post by Emuju » 09/06/12

Wait...who are you?! Regardless...my name iss Rasvinir...I have heard others call me Ras...I guess it does have a ring to it.

2. Where were you born?
My first memory was of Kunzar and Outer Sebilis...I believe that iss where I came from.

Didn't have parents...or siblings. Next question.

It was fair...though *chuckles* I remember my first book I grabbed from one of the residents. It was a simple book on plantss and fauna in the jungle. But it was fascinating...so much information. But I continued to crave it after that. I loved my childhood.

I was swept up by the guardss of Sebilis...they brought me to Kotiz the Deathbringer. He wanted to teach me, along with others, on dark magic, necromancy, and the most important of all...science. At a point...I looked up to him.

Honestly...there was only Sebilis and what was brought in for research. I only left a few years ago. I knew Cazic was my creator, though based on my research, the other gods are there as well. As for what was brought in...I took to mind of what was important to other races and cultures and kept them in my notebook. There are rare exceptions to this due to variables.

I thought I mention this already....the other gods are still here...but Cazic freed uss...so I support him.

I didn't agree with research being done. It wass fascinating, but the term "any means possible" came into affect. We weren't running out of subjects...yet..Kotiz along with Venril pushed boundaries...ones that I didn't agree with. So I left.

Perhaps the term "researcher" and "scholar" can be used still. I provide all information into the unseen of magic, or perhaps my magic as a warlock. I don't see this changing anytime ssoon.

I do lend research for money on occasion. But, if I seemed a bit low in the coffers, I would aid some of those in town or elsewhere. But, when someone provides you the materials for research for free...then the need for money does tend to be low. As for skills...as I said..."researcher"...and I believe I told you...so stop asking the same question.

For a time my work seemed to keep me satisfied, I would pop open a book and I would feel relaxed. But due to some circumstances, the stress from this work increased. But that iss usually fixed by visiting a tavern...and just observing others helps the situation. Oh! And I do try out some woodworking...and a bit of that gnomish art of tinkering.

There iss circumstances? Look...if someone harms me or the friends I know...I kill them. I find it simple...if a subject doesn't make it through an experiment..then I call it "results".

Hmm....a difficult question....for I had never had friends or family. But...if one thing iss clear...if I can consume Kotiz's heart...perhaps that iss one thing I would die for.

14. What frightens you?
Silly question...of course it'ss nothing...Cazic created us to spread fear...stop staring at me!

Oh! That's easy...my notebook! No...I won't tell you where it iss...for it containss some of my worthwhile studies. Most of the others aren't too important.

16. Who have you loved?
Perhaps my parentss....but I hardly knew them. So far I have been focused on research. Perhapss someone will come by and make me stop my work. But for now, I have no one.

17. What are your goals?
To solve the unsolvable, discover new things, find results. I have a few side projects, but that fits the general goal.

I...honestly do not know...I will be continuing my work for the prolonged future, but I can't predict events. Silly question.

Hmm...many things. I never read a book that was purely false yet...that could be interesting. Perhaps study the people in the tavern...it would depend on my mood.

I don't know....you would have to ask them. But I'll put it this way...if you respect them, you give them politeness and courtesy. Generally you do this if you do not know the person. But...continue this if you like them, and if you don't...well...if a bear is let loose in their home and consumes their family, I wouldn't mind.

21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that will happen in your life?
Possibly....I would prefer to continue my research and that my wife would support it...but there are too many variables in my life to think of it at this time.

More now than 2 years ago. I have begun to reach out to other resources or colleges. I have made a grave mistake at one point, but my next step iss to move forward.

If I were to give you an answer....I couldn't guarantee if your organss stayed in your body.

Odd question...perhaps a long dead mage or those that are extinct to us now....I couldn't imagine the knowledge they may have.

Couldn't say...never knew them.

They do exist...look...others may point their fingers and dismiss the fact. But, there are too many occasions where logic can't explain certain events. How the Greenmist didn't kill us still puzzles us today. Plus I heard of these places called "shards"....I haven't personally been in one...but from what I've taken in...that is proof of something.

Traveled...I'm currently working on that now. But based on my experience so far....I would have to say that the knowledge from traveling will surpass that I have gained from sitting in a stone prison.

I don't like these questionss.....but if you value your life...I wouldn't dig deeper.

Perhaps the closest thing to a "best friend" would be my colleges...at times we would work in unity with each other. Oh and we would be able to talk all friendly to each other. But I'm afraid that time has passed.

Hmm....I guess I can give you that....I tore someone open and consumed their organs...don't expect me to give a reason.

Tombstones take up space...but if I did have one it would just be my name...if I learned anything from Sebilis...things seem to have a hard time staying dead.

This again? I'm just looking for someone that can accept my chosen career. There are other "things"...but that iss the main one.

Now your just repeating yourself...I said STOP STARING AT ME!

Right now...my research...I'm close to finding answers about the subjects I'm studying...most are life-changing.

I do seem to like my intelligence. *seems to avoid the second*

I don't like when you try to pry like this...your lucky I'm in a good mood today.

Silly question....the questions were amusing at first...but now you are just prying for information. I'll say good day.

Xyri
Patron
Patron

Post by Xyri » 09/30/12

As the interviewer approaches once more, the Ayr'Dal shakes her head with mild amusement crossing her features. It is readily clear she expected the return as she crooks a finger and gestures for the individual to take a seat. "Ah... and to think we were on the precipice of a silent evening. Seems not even you would allow such a thing to come to pass."

"My name? I feel as though we've rifled through such territories in the past. Though for you dear? I'll pander to such mundane requests in the hope you'll strike a nerve later. The name is Xyri. Xyri D'Lval. A name you would do well not to forget."

2. Where were you born?
"Where is not important when in the grand scheme of such things? I ended up where I needed to be. Though... if you truly wish to press... and I know you do; consider it a misfortune that those big gates near Antonica could not hold me."

"Family. What a transient word. Do you mean those of whom I am the flesh of their flesh, the blood of their blood... or those I simply took on for myself? That is the question you should be asking. Those I was bound by blood to? Well what is there to say? Dear mother and father were always on the outs considering he was such an 'upstanding citizen' and she was his tawdry little secret. As far as siblings go? I make the one I have remember that she went with while I went without. It's going fabulously so far."

"The end is the beginning is the end. That would be fitting. I learned early on what takes too many ages to understand, the world is an unyielding mistress. Fortunately? I learned that unyielding is in all truth, a fancy way to say ... challenge."

"I learned from every source possible. There is an endless spring of knowledge within Norrath and beyond. Even from an early age, I aimed to collect as much of it as I could. Through my studies both informal and otherwise, I found few to call role models, ironically few of them I ever had the pleasure of meeting personally."

"Mother dearest always had an affinity for travels and a perpetual case of wanderlust, it afforded me the rare opportunity to meet individuals from all walks of life. I found many of them to be nigh intolerable in their intolerance, but even they had a lesson to teach in the grand scheme of things."

"Another transitory term, for the ebb and flow of belief is largely circumstantial; though there are those concepts that are cemented in the mind. Within my own? The belief that ignorance breeds weakness. Either make use of your mind and fulfill your purpose in this world or cast yourself to the void. There is no reason in this, the golden age of learning, to dwell in idiocy."

"A man once told me nothing gold can stay. He by and large left out the fine print on such a loaded statement. He should have said, if you wish to tarnish and rot? Then stay. If you wish to be polished and grow? Get as far away from 'home' as possible and never look back... unless it proves beneficial."

"My position will always be that which I choose. Anyone that says they are doomed to a path is a fool and therefore chooses and deserves what they will get. I have ran with those that could not be tamed, I have seen the trappings of the higher echelon, and I have watched those same individuals grovel at my feet. I could be cliche and say it was a rise from humble birth, but I was never the humble sort."

"Ah! How was I not to expect that eventually you would inquire about material wealth? Well, far be it for me to disappoint the audience. Initially taught a few charming parlour tricks by mother and her vagabond allies, I found that I possessed the propensity to go so much farther in life then telling a man what he likely knew about his life. I expanded on the notion of mental exchange and that brings me into contact with private sectors quite often. You know, I do believe that may have not been the answer you desired, but it's always entertaining to watch you read between the lines dear."

"Hobbies? Does this look like we are in a time of peace and calm? If so, open your eyes. Though we must find slivers of time for ourselves in this time of discontent. I favor using mine to speak at lengths with intellectual minds over the current state of political affairs. Now mind you politics and my adoration for chatting over blood sport and war are two separate birds, both of which I enjoy tending to often. Also, there are the even rarer occasions where vices are indulged, provided one is worth my time."

The woman laughs heartily, "Under what circumstances would I kill? You realize that the truth is going to be hard to pin down with many people on this little number correct? However, I believe in a policy of relative honesty with you, so I'll let you in on a secret. It is both unwise and suicidal to cross my path and to do so tends to err on the side that you were looking to either not be missed or mourned anyways. Wouldn't you agree?"

"Death. Feel the weight of it in your mouth as you speak it. One word with the gravity of a thousand worlds. I would not die for such silly concepts as family or love if that is what you are digging at, after all... I am in the business of self-preservation; I highly suggest the other party be as well."

14. What frightens you?
"Few things strike terror into my beating heart quite like the notion of Norrath ran by the Queen and her incompetents. A world without such visionaries as our dear Overlord, our Prince. No. I spit on the thought."

"Possessions can be taken and sold, never permanent despite how pretty they may be to behold. We have but one thing that will ever truly matter and that is our mind. So that is what I wish to always keep."

16. Who have you loved?
"Take it or leave it, but there is no soul that has wormed their way into my thoughts and caused me to believe such a preposterous notion actually exists. There is lust. There is avarice. There is the silly little fairy tale of love and it's prisoners, but we all know it is meant for soft hearted women and soft minded men."

17. What are your goals?
"If you have to ask after all of our conversations, then... you will never know. And that? That is both an injustice and a pity."

"The future. Well considering the foreseeable future is an amalgamation of hope, action, and what some would say sheer luck? Either ruling over all of you or dead in a ditch somewhere in the Commonlands. Don't you find such games of chance amazing when broken down to their base parts?!"

"There is no such thing. You learn to enjoy responsibility or your free day is your death. Obviously."

"I have been told that I can be quite charming. I have also been told that I am a loathsome snake of a woman that should have never been born. As you can see? The verdict is not quite in yet. Adore me or despise me, they will still have an opinion. As for knowing me for some time? Well, I highly doubt you'll find anyone that will speak ill of me directly to my person... but behind my back? I'm sure every tale of vile misdeeds exist along with my possible sainthood."

"Again. In our times? There is no such thing. You will be bonded with an individual and for a time, it is amazing. Then war, famine, or ale strikes and suddenly there is that room filling tension with another that culminates in broken objects and stupid stares. Honestly? I do not need to be assuaged, nor do I need such bonding. And should I ever lapse in judgment enough to become a hypocrite? Someone please beat me repeatedly until morale improves and the sense returns to my head."

"My triumphant return within the D'Lval bloodline. That was just... phenomenal. Ask my dearest sister. Such a look is priceless and will likely be with me on my death bed as a final memory."

"Shame is for the weak. Possess your actions and in them become reviled or exalted among the people. Such silly little loopholes are how great men and women have been brought down, or rather exposed for what they were."

"Anyone that would keep me up at night twisting conversations and conundrums around in my head. Anyone complex and perplexing. Challenge me and gain respect and admiration."

The only answer given to this is a loud laugh which turns into the pint sized woman nearly doubling over, tears streaming from her eyes. It takes her several minutes to recompose herself after this.

"Each have their own qualities that I find intriguing. Above them all, I find the impish nature of that scamp Bristlebane to be something I greatly admire. Though, he is so much more light-hearted then I prefer..."

"If I want to do it? I do it. Wishes and hopes have never gotten anyone anywhere. Only actions. When will the world stop making what is quintessentially the same mistake?"

"I am hard pressed to say there is a single thing that I would label as the worst thing to happen, after all. That beckons the challenge for greater wrongs to come. Seems I learned the right lesson."

The woman offers nothing more than a blank stare and one word, "Next."

"Oh... if I were to tell you that dear, we would no longer have these wonderful meetings! The list is quite numerous, not that I particularly mind ... but I feel as though you would."

"I would enjoy an undying pledge to how beloved or loathed I was. Extreme opinions are never forgotten."

"... Really?"

"Right now, I am increasingly afraid of my sobriety during this interview. We should not be essentially repeating questions without a drop in our bodies."

"My mind and right now, my patience."

She begins to shift uncomfortably, looking as though her patience is waning.

"My life is where it should be and soon you'll hear my name whispered and rolled off many tongues. There is no reason to change such things."

"If I am lying to myself, what makes YOU think you're getting the truth?" The woman then moves to stand, "As always, you both intrigued and annoyed me but I am afraid our time has dwindled to an end. Now off with you, there are tasks that demand my immediate attentions."

Rannamara
Visitor

Post by Rannamara » 03/25/13

*smiles* I isis Rannamara!

2. Where were you born?

*ears flat* I don't know, but I was raised in New Halas, yisyisyisyis.

No siblings that I know of, uncle passed on not to long ago. Auntie is still around though she's a Iksar.

Lots of prayer and training with the sword. Uncle thought it was things Is should learns! yisyisyis.

Reading... writing..... *looks around* I also snuck out and learned drinking from the local dwarves!

When I was growing up none, though Auntie argued with Uncle that I should get out more.

Mithanal Marr! Which made Auntie slap herself in the face... why would iskars ladys do that?

I wanted to explore and see the world! yisyisyis.

No ideas!

Um... Is make... I show things how much Marr likes them till they let me have there money...undead and orcs seem to lay down alot for thats!

Drinking! Yisyisyisyis!

Not sure, next question!

Peace and love! *holds up hand with two finger out over it*

14. What frightens you?

Means peoples! So I hug them till there head pops off!

My eye patch! Tis a gifts.

16. Who have you loved?

Um... well...

17. What are your goals?

What's a goals?

Done talking with yous!

Sleeps, and drinks!

Dun know.. what does, run it's that rat with the sword that likes to hug mean?

Um... well...

Good freinds! yisyisyisyis.

Not sure...

Just one persons?

*ears go flat* Ums...

Theys all lives to hug people in there own ways! Yisyisyisyisyisyis.

Not sure... Hug the Overlord so he would smile?

Um... next questions, yis?

I has to picks ones overs the others? Yous crazys.

Define worst...

Here lies Rannamaraa, she hugged norrath in the name of Marr!

Um... wells...

Fear is one learns to controls it is what that ikky poo fear gods teaches... at least Auntie told me that.

Beer!

Not sure!

Goods!

No idea, and yea interview over, happy hugs time!

Emlee
Visitor

Post by Emlee » 04/06/13

Emlee Mayri Snowborne, my mother was a Snowfoot and my father a Stormborne. They combined their names, instead of giving me one, or the other.
2. Where were you born? In the sunlight, as to the whereabouts, I'm not exactly sure. I don't remember that far back.
My mother always said my smile was as warm as the sunlight I was born in.

3. What is your family like? Did you have any siblings?Kind, loving parents. It was a wonderful childhood. They always preached tolerance. I was exposed to as many races and mixed races as possible.

4. What was your childhood like? Fantastic really, perhaps that is why I refuse to 'grow up'.

5. What sort of education did you recieve? Were there significant role models? My mother was a human, however was
rather fond of the barbarians. So for the most part, I've learned everything I know from them. Cooking, drinking...bellowing.

6. What sort of exposure did you have to outside events? Other races? Other cultures? Other religions? Quite a bit, and I do my best to understand and respect all of them.

7. What do you believe in?Love, peace, and tolerance. Adventure I suppose could be thrown in there too.

8. Why did you leave home - or why do you stay? I want to see, and experience the world.

9. What is your position in society? Has this changed over your lifetime? Uh, well, that's the funny thing with being a half breed. I'm just -here-. It hasn't changed yet, time will tell.

10. How do you make money? What sort of skills do you have? Who taught them to you? I'm running errands for the locals around New Halas right now. I guess, I can throw a solid punch and I work well with animals. Taught? The barbarians. Although I admit I'm not fond of their treatment of the beasts. I am also now an Intern for the Moonshadows, and I have a feeling I'm going to learn more now, then most of the Northmen could ever teach. With all do respect.

11.What do you do to relax? What hobbies do you have?I like to cook.

12. Under what circumstances would you kill? Survival of myself and those I care for, isn't that really what it's all about?

13. What would you die for?I don't know, but you always know in that moment.

14. What frightens you?Heights. Doing my best to overcome it, but it is rather crippling indeed.

15. What is your most prized possession? My wolf Nittara. He may not agree, but I find him to be a most trusted and precious companion.

16. Who have you loved? My parents, and a few others here and there. Nothing, you know, ground shattering. I tend to love most others I become close with. I tend to be a bit nomadic, though, so it's hard to solidify anything beyond fondness.

17. What are your goals?Adventure! Seeing, smelling, touching everything out there.

18. Where do you see yourself in the future? Hopefully not in the snow.

19. If you had a free day with no responsibilities and your only mission was to enjoy yourself, what would you do? Take a hot bath. Over and over and over. You'd understand if you had spent as much time as I have in New Halas.

20. What impression do you make on people when they first meet you? How about after they've known you for a while? I'm not sure. Naive?

21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that'll happen inyour life?My parents had a good thing going, although to be honest, they were not married. Perhaps -that- is the key?

22. What are you most proud of about your personal life? I do like my pink hair, and I make a mean batch of fudge.

23. What are you most ashamed of in your personal life? I've never really been -good- at anything.

24. If you could spend the day with someone you admire (living or dead or imaginary), who would you pick? Errolisi Marr.

25. Do you think you've turned out the way your parents expected? I think so, I assume so. Probably not?

26. What do you believe about gods? I believe they are out there, and they watch us. I don't think they give us what we handle though, I think they help us handle what we are given.

27. Is there anything you've always wanted to do but haven't done? What would happen if you did it? I tend to live in the moment really, I'm sure there are several things. That torch just hasn't lit yet, and when it does, I'll do it.

28. What's the worst thing that's happened in your life? What did you learn from it? Losing my family. Learn? Sometimes there is sadness, and sometimes there is a shadow that will trail your soul forever. It may change in shape, and there is light that will make it seem almost gone. It will always be there however. Always.

29. Tell me about your best friend. He's furry, and grumpy. He also likes raw meat.

30. What's the worst thing you've ever done to someone? Why? I dared a gnome to lick a sworld hilt outside Halas once. It stuck.

31. What would you like it to say on your tombstone? Rest in Peace, Flying Squirrel.

32. Describe your ideal mate. Ah, someone who loves to roam. I suppose. Must like wolves.

33. What are you most afraid of? Heights.

34. What's the most important thing in your life? What do you value most? Freedom.

35. What do you like best about yourself? Least? I think I tend to look at everyone and everything with a fairly accepting and honest light. Sometimes I am a bit too naive.

36. How do you feel about your life right now? What, if anything, would you like to change? I am working on it, I wouldn't change a thing really.

37. Are you lying to yourself about something? What is it? It's nice in New Halas. I enjoy the weather.

Sharisnar
Resident
Resident

Post by Sharisnar » 04/19/13

1. What is your name? What do people call you? Have you ever gone under an alias? Sharisnar

2. Where were you born? The place I am from

3. What is your family like? Did you have any siblings? Strict, and no siblings

4. What was your childhood like? Strict upbringing.

5. What sort of education did you recieve? Were there significant role models? One of history and warfare.

6. What sort of exposure did you have to outside events? Other races? Other cultures? Other religions? None I am aware of.

7. What do you believe in? Iksar domination

9. What is your position in society? Has this changed over your lifetime? Next question.

10. How do you make money? What sort of skills do you have? Who taught them to you? I make money in the manner that I make it.

11.What do you do to relax? What hobbies do you have? I relax in the manner that I relax.

12. Under what circumstances would you kill? There needs to be a reason?

13. What would you die for? My people.

14. What frightens you? Nothing.

15. What is your most prized possession? My faith

16. Who have you loved? No

17. What are your goals? Need you ask?

18. Where do you see yourself in the future? Where I will be when I get there.

19. If you had a free day with no responsibilities and your only mission was to enjoy yourself, what would you do? Next question.

20. What impression do you make on people when they first meet you? How about after they've known you for a while? No idea, nor do I care.

21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that'll happen in your life? Hard to answer, next question.

22. What are you most proud of about your personal life? Everything.

23. What are you most ashamed of in your personal life? Nothing.

24. If you could spend the day with someone you admire (living or dead or imaginary), who would you pick? The one that I do.

25. Do you think you've turned out the way your parents expected? Hard to say.

26. What do you believe about gods? There are others then Cazic Thule?

27. Is there anything you've always wanted to do but haven't done? What would happen if you did it? I would do it then I would smile.

28. What's the worst thing that's happened in your life? What did you learn from it? Next question.

29. Tell me about your best friend. Next question.

30. What's the worst thing you've ever done to someone? Why? Kill them, and why not?

31. What would you like it to say on your tombstone? Here lays a Iksar.

32. Describe your ideal mate. Next question.

33. What are you most afraid of? Nothing.

34. What's the most important thing in your life? What do you value most? Praise Cazic Thule.

35. What do you like best about yourself? Least? Next question

36. How do you feel about your life right now? What, if anything, would you like to change? Fine.

37. Are you lying to yourself about something? What is it? Nothing.

Winkles
Visitor

Post by Winkles » 08/30/13

My name is Winkles, Winkles Wavebraver. If not my name, people sometimes call me Winks, Tinkerwinks, things like that... As for an alias, well, I suppose I've used a few now and then. Generally for privacy or to ward off unwanted- ahem- advances. I can't remember any of them, though. I made them all up on the spot.

2. Where were you born?
The Baubbleshire in Qeynos. I remember how it was then... so lovely, so peaceful. That was before the invasion.

My family is.. was.. just what you might expect a family of halflings to be: large, happy, hungry. I was the black bixie of the family, without a doubt, but we all got along. Siblings? I have three. An elder brother, Edgard; a younger brother, Tomlin; and a little sister, Jumsweet. I don't know where they are now. I pray Bristlebane has kept them safe...

No complaints! A halfling's childhood is full of fun and frolic! Sure, we helped out with chores like good little things, but the Halflings believe in an early acquaintance with nature, so we were allowed plenty of roving time. I myself made most of my friends within the neighbouring Gnome community. Subsequently, I did end up spending a lot of time in workshops, too, experimenting with machinery and magic.

What I just mentioned- my time with the Gnomes- well, it influenced me greatly. I began, early on, to foster a taste for tinkering and displayed a talent for sorcery. My family didn't know much about either of those things, so they (somewhat reluctantly, but that's another story) sent me to learn with gnomish tutors and mentors. There were a few halfling mages in the village to learn from, though. Two of my greatest role models would have to be my own dear dad, Brego, as well as Algan Tinmizer and Rondo 'The Belly' Roundstew. Rala Eurocarry and my mother, Fayberry, were very influential in starting my hobby as a seamstress.

Living in a suburb of a big city like Qeynos meant I was exposed to a great many different races and all the culture, celebrations, and religions they brought with them. As I've said, the Gnomes in particular shared close quarters with the Halflings, having settled with us in the Baubbleshire. Aside from the many gnomes I knew and the things I learned of and from them, I was also well acquainted with humans, barbarians, frogloks, kerra, erudites, plenty of dwarves and elves, mostly Feir'Dal. A nice bunch! They share the halfling love of nature, and cheery disposition.

I believe in life, laughter, food, and drink! I believe in balance, in nature, in adventure, and in knowledge. I believe that the key to becoming better is to ever push the limits just out of reach.

You've struck a bruise. I left to pursue adventure, career, to hone my skills, to meet new people, see new places. I felt like a big fish in a small pond, and an outsider in my own home. Part of me wishes I had stayed or, in any case, visited more often. Then maybe I would have been there when the portals opened. Maybe I could have stopped the invasion, salvaged homes, saved lives... One thing is for sure: I would know where my family is, and if they're even still alive...
But a part of me can't deny that had I been there, I might be dead. All I can do is help however I can. And keep searching.

Er.. I've never thought about it, really. I don't know if I have any kind of social standing. I seem well-respected and liked by my peers in the crafting community. I have earned a place as an ally to the Guardians of the Vale, the Seamist Faeries, the Irontoe Brigade, and the Drednever Expedition. I am an asset to Gnomeland Security Headquarters in their fight to take back their city. I'm still young, and these are all recent developments. I wasn't what you'd call 'high born' or anything.

I make my money pretty much however I can. I am a professional tailor, a tinkerer, a trotter, and a helluva good cook! I am an investigative memoirist, writing books about my explorations and historical findings. I travel a lot, so I dabble in trading.

Tinkering and engineering are, of course, the big ones! I also enjoy reading and find cooking and gardening soothing to the soul.

When I am confident there is a need. I worry sometimes that I am wrong. I'm sure I have been.

Family, friends, love.... and JumJum! Just kidding, but you know what I mean, right?

14. What frightens you?
The thought that I might never see my family again, nor ever even find out what happened to them. When it strikes me, that thought, I feel a chill deep inside. More commonly, I am terrified of being put on the spot!

My flibberty gibbet- the Mechanimagical Mood Meta-Reader Wrist Widget with polychromatic optical indicator and multi-lingual articulator!

16. Who have you loved?
Romantically speaking? Oh, well... Er.. Now, stop- you're making me blush! I, um, haven't really had much experience in that, ah, aspect of life. Hehe... I've had a few crushes... maybe even a few flings, if you must know, but, as for... Well.. Hehehe... Geez, I need a drink!

17. What are your goals?
Ahem. Yes, there now, there's a less embarrassing topic. I think. I hope to become master both in conjuring and tinkering. I have found ways to combine my two greatest natural talents and passions and create complex mechanimagica. It is my constant dream to have my works recognised by gnomish inventors!

By the warm fire of a hearth, sipping JumJum and idly stirring a kettle of stew while the husband checks over my latest schematics... Or by the warm fire of a forge, sipping JumJum and idly greasing a clockwork's gears while the husband calibrates its intelligence unit... Or by the warm fire of my conjured minion, sipping JumJum and idly slaying our foes while the husband deploys the Tinkered Turkey Launcher... Ahh...

Free days and enjoying one's self are a Halfling's specialty! Let's just say there would be an awful lot of food involved.

I think you'd have to ask someone else. Er.. I hope I make a good impression. I try to be friendly, or at the very least, civil, to everyone. I like making new friends and having cheerful conversations over a mug of ale, or sober conversations over large portions of comfort food. I don't like being the center of attention, though. I'm mortified I'll make a fool of myself, especially in front of someone I want to impress, like a Gnome.

See the above question (about where I see myself in the future) for reference. I think a good marriage is one that is both based on love and founded in a good match. I think a good marriage isn't always easy, but in a good marriage, neither partner is afraid or unwilling to work for it! Will it happen for me? Gosh, I hope so! And here I go blushing again... shame on you! Teeheeheehehehe...

I'm proud of how far I've come with my skills as of yet, and of my heritage, having made many discoveries about the past on my travels throughout Norrath.

I regret not being there when my family needed me most...

Oh, I would love to have witnessed Dooly Jonkers and Tinmizer at work! I've also wondered if the Drafling really exists, and what he's like... or what he is, in the first place!

Absolutely and definitively NOT. It was apparent from the very start that I was the odd one out in the Wavebraver household, perhaps even out of all the halflings in the Baubbleshire! I may have the heart and stomach of a halfling, but I have the mind and spirit of a gnome! I learned everything a halfling young'un should, and I practice all the good ol' fashioned past times, traditions, and life skills of my folk. Even with my parents' unease concerning the arcane arts, they could accept my profession as a conjuror. But I was a surprise to all my kin when I showed such a keen interest in clockwork and machinery. I admit, it's a little at odds with my love of natural things. That's not to say I was ever particularly discouraged from pursuing what I loved, nor chastised for being contrary. Teased, though- oh yes.

As you might expect I was taught all about Fizzlethorpe Bristlebane, the Father of Halflings, and I can believe it well enough. I also learned a lot about Brell and Tunare, having had a lot of contact with gnomes, dwarves, and elves. If he created gnomes like they say, then consider me a loyal follower! I am very interested in Zebuxoruk, personally. The legend of a mortal who became a god by his own merit? Fascinating! He believed in the pursuit of knowledge- something I, too, believe in deeply.

I would love to take a ride on a gnomish rocket! (Ah,ohdearI'mblushingagainIreallydidn'tmeanitlikethat.) Heh... Providing I had a working parachute pack to hand! I don't know if it would change my life. But it would be amazing! A new perspective on the world!

Losing my family (literally). It taught me the importance of paying attention, especially to the things that are dear to us.

Um, well, er, you see... I don't really know that I have one. I haven't met a lot of people that I've then seen again in a casual setting, so... I guess my magical minions and my cognatic clockworks are my best friends at the moment!

I once stole my sister's JumJum pie. I was hungry.

I... would rather not think about that!

Here we go again with the blushing... Oh my... Um, er, well, I'm a stickler for smarts. I go all gooey over a guy with brains, no joke! Pretty much any kind of specialist knowledge is a turn-on... but of course, well, you know by now I have something of a jones for engineers. As for looks? Um. I'm by no means a shallow lady, but hey, we all hope for a looker, right? Teehee... I can see him now; a strapping, shirtless Gnome tinkerer... hair coiffed with effortless style, skin aglow with sweat from working with forges and power cells and flizgigs, oh my! A tool in one hand, a gadget in the other, as he strides confidently across a workshop littered with cogs and sprockets... an alluring smear of grease across his handsome cheek, another down his muscled chest... his goggles steamed over in the heat of our passion...
Ahhh...
Oh! Uh, sorry what were you saying?

Didn't you already ask me this? Oh well...
Embarrassment. Making a chump of myself in front of people.

Friendship, kinship, food, drink, and clockwork.

Gee, I dunno. I guess I like my style and my abilities. Least? My loud, stupid mouth.

I feel as good as I can about where I'm at in my life, considering the circumstances. I'm doing what I love and learning a lot of new things. But the changes I would like to come my way are to find my missing family... And maybe find a boyfriend while I'm at it?

I hope not. I don't like to lie. Sometimes I avoid the truth, but that's different, right?

Basel
Visitor

The Interview

Post by Basel » 02/03/14

Basel Noire, my employees call me Chancellor Noire. I don't use aliases, it confuses the "slower" employees.

2. Where were you born?

Neriak.

Like any other family I suppose. There's the good apples, the bad seeds, and the black sheep. I've got a sister and a brother.

I never wanted for anything.

I am well educated, but no I never looked up to anyone. Why desire to live up to someone else? I am, and always have been my own woman.

You could say that I am well traveled.

Cold hard platinum.

There is no greater city than Freeport.

I am a Chancellor and a business owner. I worked my way to the top like anyone else with ambition and intelligence.

Is that a trick question, are you working with the law? I run a legitimate interior design and antique collection business, and no one taught me I just have a keen eye like that.

I go to the spa and have my hair and nails done and get a massage, sometimes shopping for a new gown. A woman in my position has to look presentable and stay up with the latest fashions.

The shorter list would be under what circumstances would I not.

Definitely not you or your incessant questioning.

14. What frightens you?

That there will be a slew of further questions.

She touches the stone hanging at her collarbone. My lucky dice.

16. Who have you loved?

There is only one man for me, Overlord Lucan D'Lere.

17. What are your goals?

Keep off the Knights of Freeport radar, support the community, get rich, decorate the Overlord's bed chambers.

Basking in the luxuries of the Citadel with Lucan at my side.

If "ifs" and "ands" were pots and pans there would be no work for the tinkerer's hands.

I don't give a rat's ass hair what people think of me, and I sure as hell don't waste my time worrying about it.

21. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that will happen in your life?

Marriage is a brokering tool, I don't buy into that nonsense. Not even if the Overlord himself got down on one knee.

Staying out of the Knights of Freeport cells.

I have no regrets.

Overlord Lucan D'Lere.

I am my mother's daughter, I have exceeded their expectations.

They have their usefulness.

No, I do what I want, when I want, where I want, and how I want.

I trusted someone. I learned that trust is for the weak.

She's dead, next question.

Come a little closer and I'll show you... or you can move on to the next question.

Who needs a tombstone? You can bury me face down and arse up so the whole world can kiss it.

There is only one man for me, Overlord Lucan D'Lere.

That these questions will never end.

My organization.

I like that I'm being patient enough to answer these questions. I dislike that I am still hearing you blather on.

My life is exactly on track as planned. Nothing to change.

Yes. I'm lying to myself about wanting to sit here through this interrogation. I'm done, goodbye.

SusanaAether
Regular
Regular

Post by SusanaAether » 03/04/14

My name's Susana Marie Aether. I usually don't use the middle name. Most people call me Sus, Susie, whatever. Right now I go by Susana Iden, taking after my adoptive father's name- Bythius of House Iden.

2. Where were you born?
I was born in Kunzar Jungle on the outskirts of Sebilis, near some Reet settlements.

I don't know, I was taken away from my parents and thought they were dead. Turns out they're just idiots. I doubt I have any siblings.

Short and rough. I was used for my talents as a carrier of pestilence and poisons, having a unique immunity to it thanks to the blessing of Bertoxxulous. I was raised by some iksar necromancers in Sebilis. Kyrslith was one of them... she's a feisty one.

I received my partial education at the Concordium from age ten to twelve. My teacher there was a wizened old man named Woadyn. My closest friend was Jorde, an erudite. I didn't finish school though, as I accidentally blew up my home room teacher and got expelled.

I got to see a lot of human culture and society when I was attending the Concordium, as well as seeing some types of elves that looked like me. I was very unfamiliar with that sort of thing, having been raised around nothing but iksar and frogs. As an Ayr'Dal of the Koada flavour, it was strange... to say in the least. For a long time, I believed I /was/ an iksar. As far as religions go, I devoted myself to Bertoxxulous and avoided most others. Especially the followers of Rodect Nife in Qeynos. Thankfully, though, they stayed a healthy distance away from the Concordium.

I'm not entirely comfortable with answering that question yet. I gave up my post as Priestess of Bertoxxulous about a year ago now... it's been rough. Though, I do hold some respect for Thule.

I ended up leaving Kunzar Jungle eventually to... ah.. spread the word of the Plaguebringer, shall we say. I ended up in Neriak and met Bythius Iden for the first time. He was also a follower- at that time- and took me in as an assistant.

Right now I work for the Dame in the company of Moonshadows. I was originally a guard for a Court in Neriak, then eventually a teacher. It was only recently that I moved up in position when I came to Penumbra. It's been interesting so far.

Outside of teaching, I work as an apothecary for Gorowyn and offer tailoring services on the side. Growing up, Kryslith taught me to weave so that I might make my own clothes to wear and repair the cloth robes of the Priests in their cult. It was a job that even a tiny, soft-skin like myself could do. As for my work as an apothecary, it stemmed out of my time as Priestess. One learned to use antidotes when mixing new poisons, and one learned to make poisons when you serve the Plaguebringer. For now, though, I do it to remedy the sick and afflicted.

I enjoy reading and relaxing in the garden in the backyard of my home. Truthfully enough, tailoring has become much like a hobby for me. Making new designs for dresses and outfits bring me comfort and joy. Though, on occasions, I do love a nice, long jog in the jungle of my youth.

It doesn't take much to get me to kill. Although, I'm working on fixing that attitude. It's not a good habit.

My family and the occasional friend. It depends.

14. What frightens you?
Losing my child. Being pregnant is the most terrifying thing I could think of right now. I'm vunerable. Perhaps being helpless is more what I fear.

Death's Grip. Truly the prized weapon of a champion!

16. Who have you loved?
B... No, I won't say her name. She has long since passed. Jorde is who I love now, and always have.

17. What are your goals?
To live the rest of my life in peace and give knowledge and aid to those who seek it.

Still teaching, hopefully.

Curl on my bed and sleep. Sleep is good.

I've often been told I'm a strangely cold bitch, and other times that I'm weird. Most of the time I'm a 'dear' after they get to know me, though there is apparently a healthy amount of fear... don't know why. Briary's the only one who isn't a chicken, at least.

I don't really like the idea of a marriage, but I do have a mate.

That I've given up on Bertoxxulous.

That I've occasionally gone back to Bertoxxulous...

I think it would be interesting to talk to Veeshan. Just sit down and play chess with Her or something.

I have no idea what my parents expected.

They're a pain in my ass.

I've always wanted to cliff dive into the water. I'm sure I'd probably break my wrist or something. Or drown. Hah.

I'd rather not even talk about it... but I lost my adoptive daughter, Cleole, to orcs. It has brought me a lot of grief, and I'm honestly not sure what there was to learn from it... other than to kill more orcs and be more vigilant.

What is there to say, other than that she's the biggest pain, but the best blessing?

I'm not sure that's entirely couth to talk about. I've done a lot of things that aren't exactly savoury, for the sake of bringing plague and misery to the world.

"Eat my shorts, Sul." No zombies for me, I'm getting cremated. Hah! No need for a tombstone. Just get me an urn.

My ideal mate is the one I'm with! He's fantastic! A dweeb with a sense of humour, shy with just the right amount of confidence, and an amazing mind to boot. He's one of the smartest people I've met.

Bertoxxulous. Yes, there is a pattern here.

Life. For both questions.

I'm a relatively good mage that can hold her own in a fist fight... but I have an awful temper. Hair trigger. I've been known to kill when I see red.

My life is surprisingly good so far. I only wish things hadn't ended so badly with friends of mine.

That's a rather touchy question to ask, don't you think? I suppose, out of all things... I keep telling myself that I hate the Plaguebringer, but... to be fairly honest, I do it for the sake of my family and my child. Otherwise... who knows what I would do. Uhm... oh, is that all? Great. Get out.

Tariyel
Honored Patron
Honored Patron

Post by Tariyel » 07/31/14

Tariyel Wolfheart Baen'Eyl, but most people call me Tari. I wonder, do you know what an alias is?

2. Where were you born?
In the Aspen Grove, a place sacred to my family.

My family are all very different. My actual parents are dead and I was raised by my grandmother. Many of them are from Halas, but my cousin is Tier'Dal and she and most of her family live in Freeport. My true mother was Kerig'Dal, but I never even knew her name. I have no siblings.

It was...brief.

I suppose it was quite varied. My mother taught me a lot at home, but I also went to the school with the other Knight's children. I spent a lot of time with the LC as well, she's like an Aunt. I have a lot of high ranking people in my family so I suppose they are role models.

I was allowed a pretty free rein so I saw and did lots of things. My own family is mixed in race, and there are many races in Freeport. I also spent a lot of time in Halas with my mothers family, they have their own tribe so I learned about that too. As for religion? That's just as varied.

Myself. It is the only thing you can be sure of.

I spent much of my life between Freeport and Halas...both are home. I live in Freeport now because that is where I work, but I still visit Halas.

Hmm. To most outward appearances, people just know me as a Knight of Freeport. As I said before, I have high ranking relatives, but we all work our way up from Page, even the Lady Commander. Among the Wolf Cult I hold the title of Princess. I think that is mostly acknowledgment of my closer ties to the original leadership than the current leadership does. *shrugs*

I get a Knights wage. I'm good with a bow. Tamio of the Wolf Cult taught me, but she said I am a natural.

I like to shop for new clothes.

I have killed many times, for many different reasons.

I've never really thought about that before...

14. What frightens you?
The Lady Commanders twins *nods sagely - she might be lying*

My bow.

16. Who have you loved?
I love my family of course, but I don't think that's what you mean?

17. What are your goals?
I want to be a General one day. Or the world's greatest archer.

World's greatest archer *nods*

I'd carry on doing what I already do.

Well... that depends on how you meet me. Usually it's something along the lines of, 'Holy shit, she's tall.' Or they see me annihilate someone in the arena and are afraid of me. But once you get to know me you see I'm actually nice.

No.

Overcoming my injuries and returning to work.

How I got those injuries.

I wish I could have met my real mother. To know her name.

*laughs* No... my 'father' couldn't handle me.

*shrugs* They're there.

I don't know...I've always done what I wanted to mostly.

I got burned really badly. I thought I might never use a bow again or be a Knight. But I learned that I can overcome anything, especially with the help of my family and friends.

I don't have a best friend.

I Channeled my father. Because he hurt my mother and was a danger to everyone.

I want an archery target painted on it as a challenge for people.

*blinks* What sort of a question is that?

You asked me that already. Answer is still the same.

My family. Including the extended family.

My skill, and my height.

I like it just the way it is.

How can you lie to yourself?

Lorae
Regular
Regular

Post by Lorae » 03/04/15

Lorae ...

2. Where were you born?

Qeynos

I dont remember ... I was orphaned ..

challenging

I learned from the other children in the orphanage. We didnt have a formal education, but once I learned to read from the ladies at the orphanage I read everything I could get my hands on until they made me leave the orphanage then I learned as life taught me.

I do not judge ... some people in life that would appear rough and tumble ... well they tend to soften for me ... I think it's something i learned at a young age that no matter the challenge .... there is always a smile underneath that surface.

I believe in happiness, kindness, and family/friends ... I believe as long as you have those around you that care for you then you will live a long life.

I had a home once ... with a fiance that was not so nice .... I left because I needed to save myself from his abuse .. that is all I feel like sharing with you about that ... *lowers her head in thought*

I am a servant to society ... I entertain the people of society ... no it hasn't changed

Once again I am an entertainer .. I dance and sing at the Maiden's Fancy. I work for them, I learned my skills from my time in Felwithe before it became the ruins it is now ...

I dance ... that is a relaxation method for me .. as well as I like to write and scribe new routines.

What??? I suppose if some I loved was in danger ...

My family ... friends ...

14. What frightens you?

*lowers her head once more*
Being alone forever ... but it also scares me ... commitment ... but I don't want to talk about him ...

My friends and family ... which isn't really something I possess but it's something that is of value to me

16. Who have you loved?

I dont want to talk about him ..
*glares at the interviewer*

17. What are your goals?

To be loved by many for my bringing them joy ... to be loved by one for me ..

On stage, entertaining the audience

I would lay in a hot tub all day thinking of new dances while eating fruit and then I would get a massage. The life of a dancer can be tiring on the muscles sometimes.

I hope the first impression people get of me is one of happiness and desire, after I have known them a while I would hope they feel that I care deeply about them and enjoy their presence.

I dont know ... I would think someone that loves and desires me as I do them ... some one that would lay down their life for me as I would them ... Do I think it will happen in my life time? I don't know ..
*frowns as she lowers her gaze to her fumbling fingers*

That I have made it on my own I have a home in Halas as well as a good job ..

I don't know if i'm ashamed of anything ... I just choose to keep somethings to myself .. does that mean i'm ashamed of them?

I don't know .. I will have to think on that one

I don't care how they would have wanted me to turn out ... they put me in a orphanage ..

I have never given it any though ...

*shakes her head no*

No ...

I do not wish to tell that story

I have may friends but not a best friend ...

Wished someone dead ... and then it happened ...

Lorae
Beautiful, Loving, and Faithful
She will be missed

Strong, tall, gentle but firm, someone that makes me feel alive, hard working, and faithful

Being alone ..

we have already answered this one ..

My legs (best), my scars (least)

I feel my life is good and I wouldn't change anything ..

*tears up* Yes I am ... and no I won't share it with you ..

Limora
Visitor

Post by Limora » 03/09/15

Limora ... I do not have any nicknames that I am called

2. Where were you born?

Neriak

They were hard working, very close, and very loyal. I ... yes or I did ..
*frowns and twists the ring on her middle finger*

My childhood was full of books, research, education, and family. I did not have many friends, except the staff that worked for my family.
*smiles softly*

My education ... well I suppose you can say I was home schooled, I think that is what the human folk call it. All my education was done in my family's extensive library, and tutors were brought in from all over to educate us in various types of culture.

I was raised differently then most Teir'dal, I was raised with tolerance of other races. By bringing in tutors from various different cultures we learned that other races have much to offer in knowledge and experience. So therefore we were taught not to judge but to learn with an open mind.

*rolls her eyes at the interviewers question*
I believe in history, research, knowledge is the fruit of the mind....

I left home ... it is now in ruins.
*frowns, and shakes her head*

No .. I will not elaborate on the details....

My position in society is non-existent, it has changed from invisible to socially accepted back to invisible.... and there is a reason for that.

*sighs and places her hands on the table top softly, as she looks at the person across from her*
As one that studies and does much research, being apart of society is not my concern. I do get out from time to time ... but it's not my main focus.

How I make money doesn't concern you, Other than research I have a steady hand and a trained eye win precious metals and gems, I learned this from my mother who often fashioned jewelry for clients.

I read ... Hobbies? I collect rare items ...

I do not have a comment for this line of questioning
*furrows her brow*

.... I do not know ..
*continues to twist her ring as she stares at the interviewer with her brow arched*

14. What frightens you?

How little society knows about their heritage and how little they seem to care. You know history repeats it's self.

A small trinket that was given to me by a friend ... it's to bring me luck, whatever that is. But it is of great value to me because of the sentiment.
*her hand slides beneath the table to her robe pocket as she pulls the little scarab from her pocket and places it on the table in front of her*

16. Who have you loved?

No one ... I have not felt those type of feelings ...
*runs her index finger down the back of the scarab as if she was petting it*

17. What are your goals?

To continue my research and to carry on my families legacy ...

In my Library ...

A free day? ... I would spend it collecting or researching artifacts ... I enjoy those activities

Impressions ... they may think i'm a snob .. or snooty. I do not care, but after they have known me for a while I would hope they understand that i'm neither a snob or snooty. I am loyal and well educated yes, but i'm no better than the random Joe in the tavern down the way.

I would not know ... and I do not know ...
*glares at the interviewer*

I decline to answer this ...

I also decline to answer this ...

My father ... I have so much to ask him ...

I think I have turned out better than they expected ...

what about them? ... you want to know if I believe they existed or exist? I don't know ... research shows people that many to believe have great powers and such. But I don't know if I would call those beings gods ..

I cant think of anything ...
*holds the small scarab in her hand gently*

I would rather not discuss this topic ... next question please

My best friend ... without telling names .. I would sit many of nights at her kitchen table while she baked cookies. We would talk about my research and she would tell me about her's ... She didn't research the same things I did ... her research was more along the lines of cooking ... Those were good conversations ..

Next question ...

I do not wish to be buried .. so I do not know .. who would read it anyway?

Someone of a like mind, someone that knows about various cultures .. someone I can relate too and that understands the importance of my studies ..

I already declined this question once before ... please do not ask it again
*furrows her brow once again*

Already answered ... are you trying to see if i'm a liar?
*grits her teeth as she slides the scarab back into her robe pocket*

I think it's time for you to go!
*raises her voice, as she stands her chair toppling over*

*Limora comes around the table and grabs the interviewer as she pushes him towards the door*

BE LUCKY YOU GOT WHAT YOU DID ...
*she shouted at him as he began to run from her front step*