Smallcorners Guide to Recommended Venues

Guides and EQ2-related discussions.
Inqe
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Re: Smallcorners Guide to Recommended Venues

Post by Inqe » 03/26/17

Time to stop delaying and begin work on Edition 19.

Please send me additions, and changes either in a post below, in a PM here to Inqe, or Slipps, or in game via mail to Slipps, or Enjoys.

REMOVED:

Monday: Knights of Freeport Patrol 6pm ET. A patrol of the districts of Freeport. Starts in West Freeport near the gates. Route runs West to North via the Roundabout - North stops at Temple, Academy, Jade Tiger - East stops at Seafarer's, Harbor Exchange - South stops at Block and Tackle, Overlord's Perch - West stops at Coalition of Tradefolke's, Arena.

Tuesday: Silverfang Shipping Company Presents, 10:30 ET, a rotation of venues to delight all types:
~The Rusty Nail, Manors of Erolissi, Halas, under Drunkar. A rowdy seaside tavern with dancing girls, barfights, and the best ale and whiskey around. Managed by Ruthgar
~The Pound of Flesh, 3 Walk of the Dead, Neriak under Phaust. Nestled in the darkest corners of Neriak lies a haven for those with peculiar tastes. Managed by Phaust
~Black Market, Isle of Refuge, South Freeport under Arkinas. Sales, fights, drinks and Events. All held at the Black Market, time for the shady dealing! Managed by Arkinas
~The Starflower, Freeport prestige Snowy Dwelling under Lythil. Elegance under glass.

Thursday: Misfit 6-9pm, Gorowyn T1 Hall under Misfit. Manager: Kiranaa. Misfit's bar is a Dragon themed peaceful place to come have drink, or bite to eat, and meet new friends.

Friday: The Silver Rotations 10:30pm ET: Please note that some acts may 18+ these will be announced ahead of time.
~Silver Ribbon, Uncanny Estate, Qeynos, under Brecca. Owned and operated by Silver Circle staff. catering to those who want a little more wild in their life.
~Carnival, Tenebrous Isle, Freeport, under Mairah. An entertainment center with an art gallery, bar and show. Staff: Mairah, Mirhion and talented entertainers.

Saturday: The Overlord's Crown 6pm ET. Uncanny Estate in South Freeport, under Arquenniel. EVIL, run by the Knights of Freeport, bar and entertainment, if you are Good, behave and have your papers handy and the LC may overlook you. Managed by Tajar

NEED CONFIRMATION:

Monday: The Stag's Head 9-12mid ET every 2nd & 4th Monday. Manors of Erollisi, New Halas, under Laearra. Enjoy drinks overlooking the stage at the glass floored bar, relax cushioned in our comfortable pillow pit, sample our buffet of gourmet offerings to tempt your taste-buds, or brave the snowy chill to relax in a steamy hot-tub outside. Owner: Teliri. Bardic School/Music Manager: Nicoise

Tuesday: 10:30 ET - There is a new venue at this time. I need proper details, but it is run by Bearlorn, and resides at Tanist's The Cloud Castle, which is on the leaderboards.

Wednesday: The Fugue 10pm ET. Opera House, South Freeport under Maelgrym. You have entered a mist shrouded place of euphoria: intoxication is a mere morsel or swallow away. Managed by Maelgrym.

Friday: The Lounge at House Zen'Myr 8pm ET, Commonlands Restored T3 under Housezenmyr. Dining, drinks and conversation. Obvious Palidans and Qeynosians are UNwelcome. Owner Morigon Zen'Myr ((There is an alternate address/venue that is also in use))

Thank you!

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Slipps » 03/30/17

Wayfinder's, Soulfire, Spider, Fancy - all good.

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Slipps » 04/04/17

(Owner and Bartender: Bearlorn)
(Staff Bearlorn, Vandaliah)
(Part of Spectre Cartel venues)
(Tuesday Nights at 9pm central)

Of of Qeynos on the North shores where the cool winds blow down from ice flows is a Mansion on the side of a cliff. At the bottom of the cliff is a quiet little bar where friends come to exchange tall tales and relax in the cool salty breeze.

thanks
Bearlorn
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Inqe
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Inqe » 04/23/17

ADDED:

Wednesday: Far Seas Trading Bazaar, 5-11pm ET. Isle of Mara, just off the docks, in the trading post area. Neutral, open world RP in a bazaar setting with no venue rules, often containing an hour long talent circle. Whether you're looking to buy a pony, grab a quick meal, advertise your skills as an accountant, find a group of mercenaries to help you with a task or you just enjoy the lovely scenery, come to the Far Seas Trading Bazaar. The talent circle is headed by Tanist, other shops may vary.

Saturday: Far Seas Trading Bazaar, 5-11pm ET. Isle of Mara, just off the docks, in the trading post area. Neutral, open world RP in a bazaar setting with no venue rules, often containing an hour long talent circle. Whether you're looking to buy a pony, grab a quick meal, advertise your skills as an accountant, find a group of mercenaries to help you with a task or you just enjoy the lovely scenery, come to the Far Seas Trading Bazaar. The talent circle is headed by Tanist, other shops may vary.

Inqe
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Inqe » 04/23/17

REMOVED:

Monday: The Stag's Head 9-12mid ET every 2nd & 4th Monday. Manors of Erollisi, New Halas, under Laearra. Enjoy drinks overlooking the stage at the glass floored bar, relax cushioned in our comfortable pillow pit, sample our buffet of gourmet offerings to tempt your taste-buds, or brave the snowy chill to relax in a steamy hot-tub outside. Owner: Teliri. Bardic School/Music Manager: Nicoise

Also mailed Maelgrym and Jhan to confirm their venues.

Inqe
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Inqe » 04/26/17

we have moved to a commonlands t-4 ((just the regular t-4))were going to try to have some entertainment there as well.all the other info is still correct though.The resort will probably be a quarterly thing. I don't know a lot about the resort that is the best info I have on it.Sorry this took so long :/ thank you for your patience!
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Updated the Lounge.

Inqe
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Inqe » 05/06/17

REMOVED:

Wednesday: The Fugue 10pm ET. Opera House, South Freeport under Maelgrym. You have entered a mist shrouded place of euphoria: intoxication is a mere morsel or swallow away. Managed by Maelgrym.

I did not get a reply from him about the venue.

Inqe
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Inqe » 05/07/17

EDITION 19
Is now available!

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Slipps » 06/02/17

There was a complaint last night about inclusion into the Guide.

I update the guide at least twice a year. I advertise this for at minimum a month before I do.

If venue owners do not confirm their entries from the previous guide,the entry will be dropped. I make several efforts to get these confirmations before I drop a venue.

If a venue owner does not give me the correct information for their entry, then I am sorry, but books cannot be edited once they are distributed. Same goes for if the venue specifics change after publication.

If a venue owner does not tell me about their venue, to have it included in the guide, then it will not be included. I prefer to have permission from the owner/manager for inclusion.

If a venue that is in the previous guide has not been opening, and I cannot reach the owner/manager, it will be dropped. Remember, you may have stopped playing that alt, but my crystal ball does not tell me these things anymore.

Not all venues are proper for inclusion, I discuss these with the owner/managers first, including how to make the venue more guide friendly.

The game is rated PG-13, though the caveat is PG-17. I prefer to keep my guide in that range for venues. Why? Because kids play this game and they like going places too. I do not need another discussion with DBG (SOE then) about this. This is also why some venues are marked 18+ only.

ALL TIMES IN THE GUIDE ARE IN EASTERN. Hence the ET after the time. If you do not confirm that your time is from another time zone, it will publish as is. I can do the translations for you, but I need to know.

A venue must be staffed by live characters to be included. Other wise it is not a venue, it is a BYORP location. Players go to venues for interaction with other players, not house actors.

The guide is not the end all of all the venues available. New ones pop up all the time, and many fade just as fast. Even if your venue is in the guide, I always recommend that owners also advertise the day their venue is open.

Yes there may be more than one venue open at the same time. There is no rule against it, I am not the venue police. People have different tastes, if your venue is well decorated, has good staff, a decent theme, and is consistent, then eventually people will start to show up regularly. Do not blame me if your venue is a failure, no matter if it is in the guide, or not.

The guide is something I do for the community, it is not official with DBG, it is not the final word on when venues may operate. It was born from a need to know when places will be open, and where, so RP'ers can make plans, find addresses, contact owners. My publication of it, as well as inclusion into it, are all voluntary.

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 08/22/17

I just wanted to say that it's remarkable to see this guide so passionately maintained. The roleplay community, IMO, really owes you a great debt of gratitude for having kept this up. Thank you.
"The food is good, the wine is excellent, the staff timely. All that is lacking is your company." - EQ2 Raven Mythic FAQ

"Let me tell you something. Don't. Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you, don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there, you can make a difference." - Kirk to Picard, Star Trek Generations

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Slipps » 09/28/17

Can you believe we are up to EDITION 20? Me either, but it is true, so if you need to be in it, I need to know!

Please send me additions, and changes either in a post below, in a PM here to Inqe, or Slipps, or in game via mail to Slipps, or Enjoys.

I would like to get this out in time for the Festival of Discord October 27th-30th!

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Slipps » 10/22/17

Wayfinder's, Soulfire, Spider, Fancy, Nutshell, are all confirmed.

NEW VENUE:

Grimm wrote:
Club Nevermore
teir 2 guildhall in north freeport
Fridays
opens 6:30 PST and show starts 7:30 PST
owner : Count Grimm Del'Mortis

The Club is a swinging nightclub with a dark and mysterious flair, Drinks flow and music haunts the night.
adults only during the show please.
CLOSED:

Friday: The Lounge at House Zen'Myr 8pm ET, Commonlands T4 under Housezenmyr. Dining, drinks and conversation. Obvious Palidans and Qeynosians are UNwelcome. Owner Morigon Zen'Myr

???

Wednesday: Trivia Night! 8:30pm Last Wed. of the month. Flames of Dawn, Gorowyn T1 Hall. Buffet, bar & Trivia (with prizes). Owner Starflame.

CHANGED:

Tuesday: 10:30 ET - (as RL allows, please listen for ads in RPLFG):
The Cloud Castle - Ethernere Enclave, Freeport under Tanist. Welcome to this elegant and sprawling castle in the sky, a family home you are sure to be treated well by your host, and hostess, Tanist and Serotia.
Bearlorn's Beach Retreat - Mistmore Crag Estates, Qeynos under Bearlorn. Outside of Qeynos on the North shores where the cool winds blow down from ice flows is a Mansion on the side of a cliff. At the bottom of the cliff is a quiet little bar where friends come to exchange tall tales and relax in the cool salty breeze. Managed by Bearlorn. Staffed by Vandaliah.

Wednesday & Saturday: Far Seas Trading Bazaar, 5-11pm ET. Isle of Mara, just off the docks, in the trading post area. Neutral, open world RP in a bazaar setting with no venue rules, often containing an hour long talent circle. Whether you're looking to buy a pony, grab a quick meal, advertise your skills as an accountant, find a group of mercenaries to help you with a task or you just enjoy the lovely scenery, come to the Far Seas Trading Bazaar. The talent circle is headed by Tanist, other shops may vary. (as RL allows, please listen for ads in RPLFG)

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Slipps » 11/03/17

Rampant Bantam, Wednesday 9 est/8 cst. Freeport, 2 Integrity Road. Feallan (you might not want to include this one, because it has house actor companions for hire) does have rules and restrictions about consentual rp and age play posted.

The Palace, Saturday 9 est/8 cst. Freeport, house portal, mistmoore crag estate. thepalace. does have rules and restrictions about consentual rp and age play posted.

both venues are adult oriented, both expect courtesy concerning other patrons and spatial rp.

Schedule Flexable - Saturdays most likely

A Bar, Dancehall and Theater for Adult Entertainment - Music, Dancing, Story Telling.. Open Stages . Hosted by Jethal Silverwing.

Qeynos - Mistmore - under Jethal

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Slipps » 11/03/17

ADDED:

Friday: Club Nevermore 9:30pm ET show starts 10:30pm ET. Freeport T2 Guild Hall under Club Nevermore. The Club is a swinging nightclub with a dark and mysterious flair, Drinks flow and music haunts the night.
adults only (18+) during the show please. Owner Count Grimm Del'Mortis

ADDING:

Wednesday: Rampant Bantam 9pm ET, 2 Integrity Road, North Freeport under Feallan. 18+ Has rules and restrictions about consensual RP posted. The management requests courtesy with spatial RP. Relax among friends, even if they are only temporary. 18+ Managed by Feallan.

Saturday: The Palace 9pm ET Mistmoore Crag, Estate, South Freeport Prestige Portal, under thepalace. 18+ Has rules and restrictions about consensual RP posted. The management requests courtesy with spatial RP. Drinks, discourse, and maybe dancing. 18+ Managed by Feallan.

Saturday: The Silver Rose, Schedule Flexible. Mistmoore Crag Estate, South Qeynos Prestige Portal under Jethal. 18+ A Bar, Dancehall and Theater for Adult Entertainment - Music, Dancing, Story Telling. Open Stages . Hosted by Jethal Silverwing.

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Slipps » 11/09/17

Edition 20 is out!

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Slipps » 03/07/18

Taking submissions for Edition 21!

I'm updating the Smallcorners Venue guide, if you own an established venue, please send me a mail/tell by April 27th . Edition 21 will be released May 5th.

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Slipps » 03/07/18

Sunday Nights, 9 pm Eastern time.
At the t4 Commonlands guild hall Dark Citadel
Evil/Neutral aligned, if 'Good' just sneak in and dont advertise it. Shiny Paladins will be eaten!
BYORP when not staffed.
Last edited by Slipps on 03/28/18, edited 1 time in total.

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Slipps » 03/19/18

Saturday: The Infinity Lounge, 7-9pm ET. City of Mist, South Qeynos Prestige Portal under Elquinjena. Lounge with bar, light fare. 18+ Open Stage ~ Adult Entertainment ~ Music, dancing, hot tubs ~ Hosted by Elquinjena Silverwing.

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Slipps » 03/28/18

Market
Last Saturday of month
8pm ET (5pm PT)

The Zen'Myrs have retired and have opened a Saturday Market. This market will be opening for the first time April 28th at 5pm pac time. There are going to be special visitors and prizes. There will be a Spring egg hunt with prizes, and other prizes for those that have selling areas. Dont miss this event.

It is the Mara house from Freeport Under Morigon

Morigon Zen'Myr is in charge but you can contact Nitelights, Nitestormsfury, Jhan, Kharm if you wish to put up a tent or building.

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Slipps » 04/02/18

Wayfinder's
Nutshell
Soulfire
Spider
Fancy
Are confirmed unless someone keels over, and not meaning just me.

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Slipps » 04/03/18

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Slipps » 04/09/18

Valindrya:
Black Orchid sanctuary for all lost t1 freeport game vary entertainments varies
Black orchid will be manned I am hoping to do stuff tuesday after the spider
10pm ET

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Slipps » 04/27/18

From Elquinjena: would like to push infinitys slot to 5pm pst/8pm est please

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Slipps » 05/01/18

Nevermore confirmed
Black Orchid on Wednesday 9ET
Green Lounge confirmed
Tanist's stuff confirmed

Inqe
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Inqe » 05/02/18

Added:

Sunday: The Green Lounge 9pm ET, T4 Commonlands Hall under Dark Citadel. Evil/Neutral aligned, if 'Good' just sneak in and dont advertise it. Shiny Paladins will be eaten! Owner Coribyn

Saturday: The Infinity Lounge 8pm ET. City of Mist, South Qeynos Prestige Portal under Elquinjena. Lounge with bar, light fare. 18+ Open Stage, Adult Entertainment, Music, dancing, hot tubs. Hosted by Elquinjena Silverwing.

Wednesday: Black Orchid 9pm ET, T1 Hall South Freeport under Black Orchid. Sanctuary for all lost. Games, entertainment varies. 18+ Owner Valindrya

Saturday: The Market 8pm ET Last Saturday of the month. Mara house, South Freeport Prestige portal under Morigon. Sprawling market street in lovely Mara. Morigon is the owner but you may contact Nitelights, Nitestormsfury, Jhan, Kharm to arrange a booth.