BUG affecting Player Notebooks

Guides and EQ2-related discussions.
Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

BUG affecting Player Notebooks

Post by Psia » 03/20/18

HEADS-UP!
Niami Denmother via Social Media wrote: A bug was introduced with playermade notebooks today at the same time they went stackable.

Be VERY careful not to pack notebooks that are the same base type (etched, rawhide, etc.) but different titles

Be VERY careful not to pick up notebooks that are the same base type (etched, rawhide, etc.) but different titles

Be VERY careful not to place in the same broker crate notebooks that are the same base type (etched, rawhide, etc.) but different titles

You'll overwrite one with the other, wiping out the contents of the other.

It's a bug, the devs are being notified along multiple channels now, but it is after hours, so we're not expecting a response right away.

PLEASE pass the word, far and wide. Sound like a broken record on /homeshow . .. repeat it on your server's General channel a time or two if you can stomach being on that channel, etc.

I'd hate for folks to lose some of the lovely stories that such notebooks often contain due to this bug.

(And thank you Smallcorners for hearing about the bug from someone and doing involved testing before raising the alert on Discord!)
"The food is good, the wine is excellent, the staff timely. All that is lacking is your company." - EQ2 Raven Mythic FAQ

"Let me tell you something. Don't. Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you, don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there, you can make a difference." - Kirk to Picard, Star Trek Generations

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Re: BUG affecting Player Notebooks

Post by Psia » 03/21/18

UPDATE:
Niami Denmother via Social Media wrote:The next hotfix will not be until Tuesday the 27th. PLEASE keep spreading the word in various channels to not pack/unpack/pick up/broker player-made books until/unless they know exactly what to avoid.
"The food is good, the wine is excellent, the staff timely. All that is lacking is your company." - EQ2 Raven Mythic FAQ

"Let me tell you something. Don't. Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you, don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there, you can make a difference." - Kirk to Picard, Star Trek Generations

Slipps
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Re: BUG affecting Player Notebooks

Post by Slipps » 03/28/18

Fixed, or so I was told.