EQ2Doodles (New: Thys, Cerrick, Zajah)

Arts & Crafts
Diera
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Re: EQ2 Doodles (New - Avarice)

Post by Diera » 03/18/12

Wow, there's a bunch of these I missed! Still amazing as ever.

Avarice
Resident
Resident

Re: EQ2 Doodles (New - Avarice)

Post by Avarice » 07/02/12

Sly Deraven

Savriel
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Re: EQ2 Doodles (New - Skylir Deraven)

Post by Savriel » 07/02/12

Hair strands and bedtoes. aaaahhh I love it.

Duvessa
Owner of the Raven
Owner of the Raven

Post by Duvessa » 07/02/12

That's Duvessa's daughter right there. :)

Elexia
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Elexia » 07/03/12

Hair!! Yes I love her hair. And the sneaking.

Avarice
Resident
Resident

Post by Avarice » 03/07/14

The Shini-Zonn warrior Icathia. (Pay no attention to the background, for I totes messed it up. So now it is squiggles :3 )

Savriel
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Re: EQ2 Doodles (New - Icathia)

Post by Savriel » 03/07/14

Hawt. I personally feel that everyone should be drawn with a Katana.

Sibelle
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Sibelle » 03/08/14

Weirdly I kind of like the background. I love your faces!

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Post by Psia » 03/27/14

/sees Avarice art for the first time

:shock: I like it.
"The food is good, the wine is excellent, the staff timely. All that is lacking is your company." - EQ2 Raven Mythic FAQ

"Let me tell you something. Don't. Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you, don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there, you can make a difference." - Kirk to Picard, Star Trek Generations

Avarice
Resident
Resident

Post by Avarice » 03/28/14

Thank you! I went and fixed some broken links. The darkrain site was up for a while! Oh well. I know the Bloodthorn/WRTC forums are saved somewhere anyway. <3 Thank you for looking!

Lately I've been doing some slower increments of art on my little Samsung tablet I got for Christmas. It's not print quality, I'm not even sure I could do something print quality with a not-cintiq-tablet, but I'll eventually find out. sketchy preview:

Avarice
Resident
Resident

Sly-terrogation

Post by Avarice » 10/15/14

The greatest challenge a paladin may face is interrogating a Deraven. Some practice work before doing a commission. Referenced another pic.

Chath & Lishess facial features. Fraternal twins; Shame on you, hoping for Chath in drag. STAHP.

Mahamari
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Re: EQ2 Doodles (New: Nar'Thex concepts)

Post by Mahamari » 10/20/14

Okay, so that's ridiculously awesomehot.

Lyah
Owner of the Raven
Owner of the Raven

Re: EQ2 Doodles (New: Nar'Thex concepts)

Post by Lyah » 11/12/14

To quote a line from Blazing Saddles: "Kinkyyyyyyyyy!"

Avarice
Resident
Resident

Re: EQ2 Doodles (New: Corydonn WIP)

Post by Avarice » 12/26/14

Mahamari wrote:Okay, so that's ridiculously awesomehot.
Speaking of ridiculously awesomehot, funny story. I was deep into my first adventure alongside Daniel Faust, curled up comfortably around my dim tablet-light in the dead of night. My eyes were chewing through the page because Bad things were coming, Candi was waiting outside, charged tension was in the air, and omg what will happen and suddenly A FORK FALLS ON MY BUTT HOLY SHIT WHERE DID IT EVEN COME FROM WHY DID IT SUDDENLY FALL WHY IS THERE A HELL-FORK FROM NOWHERE. I jumped like three feet. Only the next day did I realize it wasn't a fork, but a metal hair-stick, which made a lot more sense for suddenly falling off my desk. (My bed is just on the other side of my desk.) Ok maybe a sorta funny story! Haha. I love your books. <3

Ahem. I saved all the doodles, ideas, and work in progress until Cory could see the finished picture as a surprise from Deimos. <3 Corydonn's Christmas present is posted here: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=35531
ImageImage
The finished artwork: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=35531
Merry Christmas. <3

edit: I also need to credit the amazing Ainaree, who created a reference sheet for drawing Corydonn that I adhered to. <3 Ree!
Last edited by Avarice on 01/03/15, edited 2 times in total.

Mahamari
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Mahamari » 12/26/14

Avarice wrote:Speaking of ridiculously awesomehot, funny story. I was deep into my first adventure alongside Daniel Faust, curled up comfortably around my dim tablet-light in the dead of night. My eyes were chewing through the page because Bad things were coming, Candi was waiting outside, charged tension was in the air, and omg what will happen and suddenly A FORK FALLS ON MY BUTT HOLY SHIT WHERE DID IT EVEN COME FROM WHY DID IT SUDDENLY FALL WHY IS THERE A HELL-FORK FROM NOWHERE. I jumped like three feet. Only the next day did I realize it wasn't a fork, but a metal hair-stick, which made a lot more sense for suddenly falling off my desk. (My bed is just on the other side of my desk.) Ok maybe a sorta funny story! Haha. I love your books. <3
One of my favorite artists loves my books! Excuse me, going to squee now. <3 Also, I hope to work with Amazon on integrating actual jump scares into every book, guaranteeing that each reader will be randomly pelted with inanimate objects at key moments, or possibly jumped at by a hissing cat, whether or not they own a cat. The technology just isn't there yet, but I have high hopes for the next generation of Kindles. Also, the Corydonn piece is fantastic. Love the storyboard, too.

Corydonn
Resident
Resident

Post by Corydonn » 12/26/14

These forums are outdated and need a favorite/like button!

Avarice
Resident
Resident

Re: EQ2Doodles (New: Thys, Cerrick, Zajah)

Post by Avarice » 03/05/17

It's been a while. <3
This is Thysarus, Cerrick, and Zajah. Guess I decided Cerrick needed dimples when he smirks. A true smirk: cover half of Cerrick's face (vertically) and observe his expression. Then do the same for the other half. Quite a difference, yes?

Argan
Visitor

Re: EQ2Doodles (New: Thys, Cerrick, Zajah)

Post by Argan » 03/05/17

This is pretty incredible work. Kudos.