Ainaree's Neverwinter Nights Art Thread

Arts & Crafts
Ainaree
Iksar-In-A-Box

Re: Ainaree's Neverwinter Nights Art Thread

Post by Ainaree » 02/12/16

I obey! -squee- I'm going to write this generally, for all who might take a look!

Okay! So, this is the original Neverwinter Nights. Not Neverwinter 2, not Neverwinter the MMO. You can pick this up over at GoG for about $10 (it sometimes goes on sale for 5): https://www.gog.com/game/neverwinter_ni ... nd_edition

If you buy it there, be sure to mail their support and be like, "Yo, so, I bought this game. Going to need an original CD code so I can get on multiplayer. k thx fam."

They will mail you this shizz - it's an important step, or you'll get CD key conflict errors when you try to play with other people.

Now, as for the server itself! It's pretty cool. It takes place in 3.0-3.5 edition Faerun, in the Cormyr and Dalelands proper area. There's about 10-25 people on most times, and I'd say a player-base of maybe... 150? 200? total, with some rotating rare spawns in the mix. The server has been around a decade or so and is still surprisingly going strong. Folks're pretty nice and administration is receptive to ideas.

Check out their forums at https://cormyrdalelands.boards.net/ - you'll need to register to see all the spiffy stuff, but it does give you an idea. The resource area has all the questions I undoubtedly forgot to answer, including instructions on installing the special server files to your NWN folder so you can have great bling beyond the original game.

It's pretty much home now. Unfortunately, that means it has ruined MMOs for me. Constant, always-available RP is gnnh. :)

P.S. My forum name and log-in name is FaeFae over there. Stalk me at will.

Ainaree
Iksar-In-A-Box

Post by Ainaree » 09/18/16

I haven't drawn much this year due to health.

Corydonn
Resident
Resident

Post by Corydonn » 09/23/16

Ainaree wrote: I haven't drawn much this year due to health.
Amazing!

Ainaree
Iksar-In-A-Box

Post by Ainaree » 12/01/16

I still visit to check on you guys daily and read the forums! I haven't done much art this year due to pregnancy. I'm 39 weeks along now, and we're scheduled for induction December 9th. How terrifying! The various health encounters it has presented has kept me from doodle town. I have lost five pounds from my starting weight this pregnancy though I look round enough to be some chronic beach ball smuggler-thief. Other than the swollen middle, all my clothes still fit. Huzzah. Ideally will be a healthy girl child who we will name Valarie. Husband has been -fantastic-.

I am still playing Neverwinter Nights when I am able and I am shameless to pimp it whenever I can. There's more info found on the post above... However! Today is a fine day for said pimping of game because it is -free-. It is free for the next 48 hours so you can totally hoard your own copy, share with your friends, collect a dozen, roll around with it in intimate ways, and so forth. https://www.gog.com/game/neverwinter_ni ... nd_edition -Free!- :)

And then visit https://cormyrdalelands.boards.net/ if you do, because it's where I get my game on.

Here is a sketch because one should post art, when pimping a post on an art thread!

Ijaka
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Ijaka » 12/01/16

Ainaree wrote:How terrifying!
That's what I thought when I heard there would be a little Ree running around!

Kidding! Congratulations and hugs all around!

Rakkoth
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Rakkoth » 12/01/16

Ainareeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

You need to visit us, even if briefly. :c

It is all I want for Christmas.

Sibelle
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Sibelle » 12/01/16

Admittedly saddened the child is not going to be named Bacon.

Glad to hear you are still around and doing well Ree, even if you are spawning a dangerous little Ree-ling in the process.

Edit: Worth noting I was eyeballing the NWN thing the other day when it was 9.99 instead but am a broke ass girl right now.. (My problem with all games lately.. nngh) so I will download it and see if I can't get it to work and all that. Maybe see you soon if it's to my liking :)

Ainaree
Iksar-In-A-Box

Post by Ainaree » 12/02/16

Sibelle wrote:Admittedly saddened the child is not going to be named Bacon.

Glad to hear you are still around and doing well Ree, even if you are spawning a dangerous little Ree-ling in the process.

Edit: Worth noting I was eyeballing the NWN thing the other day when it was 9.99 instead but am a broke ass girl right now.. (My problem with all games lately.. nngh) so I will download it and see if I can't get it to work and all that. Maybe see you soon if it's to my liking :)
Thank you! NWN is free the next 24 hours on gog.com so everyone scoop up a copy!

Also! Ha. Thank you for the above love! :D Bacon is a boy's name though I did buy her some crocodile themed stuff already. Whoever decided babies should dress like animals was a genius! It has made me less nervous.

Ereon
Regular
Regular

Post by Ereon » 12/16/16

Wow Ainaree! Congrats on your Gatorling!