EQ2 - The Softpaws Family Burrows - Complete! (sort of)

Arts & Crafts
Lily
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

EQ2 - The Softpaws Family Burrows - Complete! (sort of)

Post by Lily » 11/21/14

A few weeks ago, I started a series of Ratongan burrows for Teensy Softpaws. The challenge? Everything needed to be made or acquired by Teensy. At the time, she was a T5 illusionist and carpenter. Now, she's a T6 carpenter, still a T5 illusionist.

I have finished building her burrows! Now, it's up to Teensy to fill it with furniture. She has opened it up to visitors, so you can see what she adds and where over time.

Teensy's Everfrost Summer Home
Qeynos
Antonia Bayle

The Entrance from the Catacombs

When the Softpaws first arrived from Freeport, they made their homes in a series of hills outside a long-forgotten entrance to the Qeynosian Catacombs.

Yep, that's a guild door up there, and the ladder is totally climbable.

The "Courtyard"

The Softpaws have a warped sense of humor. Amongst their inside jokes, they refer to their garden as a "courtyard" as a poke at the rich.

The pond was designed with a curved bottom for the addition of fish.

Burrow #1

This burrow belongs to Teensy's mother & father-in-law. The goal was to get it to look just a tad bit dated, like a throwback to the 60s & 70s. When I think 70s, I think patterned floors, earth tones, and wood paneling. That's what she got.

Living, Dining & Kitchen

Bedroom

Burrow #2

This is Teensy's burrow. it was supposed to be her brother-in-law's, but the Softpaws decided at a family meeting that Teensy should make her home there. It is the newest and shallowest of the three burrows and still needs quite a bit of work, including widening the entrance. Because her burrow is partly above ground, she was able to let in a little natural light.

Living/Dining & Kitchen

Bedroom

Indoor Garden

Burrow #3

This belongs to Teensy's brother and sister-in-law and their three ratlings. Recently, her husband's younger brother also moved in, since his burrow was given to Teensy. This was the most complicated of the three burrows to make. (I like math, and this one made my head hurt.)

Living Room

Kitchen & Dining Room

Master Bedroom
Yes, it's an oval, which sounded really good on paper. It wasn't so fun to make in game.

Originally, this was supposed to be a tunnel that curved around and up to the next floor, but without triangular tiles, I wasn't sure how I'd accomplish this with a reasonable number of items, so it became a spiral staircase instead.

Guest Bedroom
This has now become her younger brother-in-law's room.

Kids' Room

Last edited by Lily on 05/03/15, edited 1 time in total.

Lily
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Re: The Softpaws Family Burrows - Complete! (sort of)

Post by Lily » 11/23/14

OK. I lied... Teensy also wanted help with her garden, specifically with dogwood shrubs (which she cannot yet gather). It's supposed to look like the trunks of the briar bushes that help form Teensy's ceiling and roof. You can see in the background that she's already started decorating the burrows.

Psia
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer
Owner of Psi'a's Hammer

Re: EQ2 - The Softpaws Family Burrows - Complete! (sort of)

Post by Psia » 02/11/16

I really like this!
"The food is good, the wine is excellent, the staff timely. All that is lacking is your company." - EQ2 Raven Mythic FAQ

"Let me tell you something. Don't. Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you, don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there, you can make a difference." - Kirk to Picard, Star Trek Generations

Lily
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Re: EQ2 - The Softpaws Family Burrows - Complete! (sort of)

Post by Lily » 02/14/16

Thank you, Psia! The project has been turned over to Teensy for furnishing. I'm not sure what she plans for it, but I'm sure it'll look fantastic.