Lily
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

EQ2 - Hopsalong Cottage

Post by Lily » 08/05/15

Hopsalong Cottage
Boglily's Castleview inn room, South Qeynos
Stormhold

Welcome to my humble cottage! This will be a constant work in progress because some of the items I want are not available on the server yet. I've decided that I have no problems publishing a partially finished home because I know it will be a very long time before it's done. I also know I'll be adding things as I adventure through EQ2's original continents. I'm so excited! The layout is available for any who are interested. (I've added it to my available housing layouts section.)

album link: https://imgur.com/a/8XiLZ#0

Currently, my carpenter on Stormhold is level 32, but she was level 29 when I made this house. Keep in mind that there are no grotto events, no city festivals, no holidays. There are no harvest ponies or goblins or guild harvesters, so you must either purchase the materials off the broker (which is ungodly expensive) or harvest them yourself... which can take days with all the cherry pickers on the server. The decorating is somewhat limited still.

Living Room

Kitchen

There is a space reserved for a square stove, which is a level 50 recipe from the DoF x-pack. Sales crates are in the upper kitchen cabinets.

Hall

Bedroom

Crafting Room

This is the location of my future crafting circle.

Office

I'm not a high enough level carpenter to make the desk and furniture I want for this room, but as soon as I am, I'll be adding it.

Bathroom

A space is reserved for a wash stand, which won't be in the game until SF.

Storage Closet

A space is reserved for a tinkered harvest and fuel depot once those are introduced to the game.

Niboota's video tour

phpBB [media]

Lily
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Re: EQ2 - Hopsalong Cottage

Post by Lily » 08/27/15

I'm currently waiting on a very specific item to be approved and released before I update the home itself, but I do have some updates for it! Well, one update, anyhow.

Hopsalong Cottage made it into the Hall of Fame! Because it was the first house on Stormhold to make it there, Holly Longdale magically appeared to grant Boglily a special title. Actually, I was a little embarassed because my reaction was *blinks* and "OMG! HOLLY WINDSTALKER IS IN MY HOUSE!!!!" If Elyana hadn't been there, I'm sure I would have made a complete fool of myself.

So um, yeah! House in the HoF, at least it is until I update it with crafting tables and a cooking fireplace and some more books, and I apparently have a snazzy title to go with it. Go figure!

https://twitter.com/thewindstalker/stat ... 1183434752
Congrats to Boglily on Stormhold, the first housing Hall of Famer! Cupboards of sales crates and tables! Wow! #eq2

Lily
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Lily » 05/18/16

I know I've been quiet the last few months. I've been busy with the Renaissance Festival, and right after the last weekend of Faire ended, we were hit with nearly two months of state testing. Then grades had to be finished and entered for the end of the school year. I just haven't had time, but summer is approaching!

What better way to start my summer than seeing Jerry Dechant's stuff finally make it onto the Marketplace?

Months ago, I asked him to design a fire brick oven and provided him a few pictures for reference. He did not disappoint. That fire brick oven I wanted so badly hit the Marketplace this week as the "Grand Kitchen Cooking Fireplace," and of course, the first thing I had to do was buy it! This is the one item I've been waiting for to revamp Hopsalong Cottage, ever since I first asked Jerry to make it. (I don't care what some people think of the Marketplace on the TLE server. I love it, and I'm more than happy to support our Player Studio folks.)

Once I had the new kitchen in, I looked around the cottage and realized that it had changed quite a bit since I first designed it. Well, some parts haven't changed much, but as a whole it has changed. I took new screenshots of it today and left the old ones in the album for comparison. As I knew it would, the fireplace goes perfectly in my kitchen!

album link: https://imgur.com/a/8XiLZ#0

New Living Room

New Kitchen

New Hall

New Office

New Bathroom

New Closet

New Crafting Circle

New Bedroom

Tajar
Resident
Resident

Post by Tajar » 05/19/16

That looks great! And grats on the title!