Slings and Arrows

Kudos, gripes, serious stuff.
Duvessa
Owner of the Raven
Owner of the Raven

Slings and Arrows

Post by Duvessa » 02/25/11

Slings and Arrows is a compilation thread of our rants, raves and other gripes. Use it as a kind catch-all thread for anything you're generically angry about, keeping in mind that politics and religion are taboo subjects. This thread is for papercuts and life's little annoyances, not for debating god and politics.

Please also keep in mind we have a separate thread for medical issues called Keep Me in Your Thoughts. We want to be a source of comfort and support for those with medical problems, and such things can become buried under less crucial gripes, and quickly lost. Also, some people are really NOT comfortable reading about other people's medical situations. So it's doubly good to keep them in distinct threads.

Aliee
Resident
Resident

Re: Slings and Arrows

Post by Aliee » 02/25/11

I love my puppy! But damn it. 5:45AM is NOT the time to FINALLY figure out I have a lizard in my room. Genius, *I* put the lizard there. You do not need to wake me up at 5:45 in the morning to tell me he's there and OH MY GOSH HE MOVED!! Damn it. I could have slept for another hour.

Darinelle
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Darinelle » 02/25/11

Silly wabbit. Don't you know 5:45am is PRIME PUPPY-SNUGGLING TIME?!

Sapphirius
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Sapphirius » 02/25/11

To matrix algebra... WTF?! *grumbles and goes back to studying*

Ziasia
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Ziasia » 02/25/11

To my computer breaking EQ2, grrr! And bitchy doctors!

Delith
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Delith » 02/25/11

To the possibility that I may have something considerably more serious and unpleasant than we originally thought. To that very possibly meaning at least one surgery, if not two if the tests on monday go poorly. Even if they do not, there's a chance I will have surgery anyway.

And if I do, I'll have another surgery to repair the damage done by that surgery.

Edit: Further ranting..

I DO NOT FRANKLY GIVE A FUCK IF YOU ARE BOTH DRINKING, USE HEADPHONES AND STFU SO I CAN SLEEP. I am being generous by allowing you to use my computer when my new game is out that I have been waiting and working to do things for, but if you can't respect the fact that I'm sleeping on top of violating my sacred space. (My computer) I am going to be a sore pain in your ass. If I can entertain myself for 10 days without internet you can surely do the same by using your crappy laptop as opposed to whining about your shot graphics card. I offered to let you use my non-crappy laptop which is close to as good as my desktop.. That game is only installed on my desktop, I was going to wait until my flashdrive got here to add it to this, but now I'm going to suck up all the bandwidth. Since you're downloading shit on mine and being too impatient to wait until monday when we buy you a new graphics card.

On top of that, whining because your muscles are sore and then not taking advil when I am taking everything I can to not be in pain and not bitch and moan about it 24/7 is incredibly pathetic on your part. I'm tired, I'm sick, and I love you to pieces but I'd really just rather do nothing and not deal with your shit on top of everything else. tyvm.
Last edited by Delith on 02/25/11, edited 1 time in total.

Sillia
Resident
Resident

Post by Sillia » 02/25/11

*squeezecuddles Delith*

Xulia
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Xulia » 02/26/11

Sling to ex-girlfriend Brittany...I wish I didn't love you.

Layla
RM Management
RM Management

Post by Layla » 02/26/11

To not being able to sleep

for being all wound up inside

Faewyen
Honored Patron
Honored Patron

Post by Faewyen » 02/26/11

To having to get up early in the morning, but still staying up...

To trying to get grape juice stains out of the carpet.

To not having enough time in the day.

To having to sleep when I don't want to and not being able to sleep when I do.

Mereik
Honored Patron
Honored Patron

Post by Mereik » 02/26/11

To sucky reviews on raise time.
When
1> you are the main person to train new people on a computer system, and you have been working with it sense before it was even implemented at your store. They say on your review that you need to be able to train people on all your little secrets on how you get your job done as well as you do. Yet when you tell people your secrets, they turn a deaf ear and/ or tell you that they know how to do the job just fine.

2> Management knows that if they need ~someone~ to do a job, anywhere, they can come to you and know you will do it to the best of your ability, and most of the time do it better than anyone else, but you dont know ~one~ area as well as you know the rest of the store, but you have been putting forth the effort to go there with out Management telling you to, and Management tells you on your review that you dont know that area well enough, yet only one other person knows it better than you do.
3> If any other co worker has ~any ~ questions, be it about my backroom, or just general policy, they come find me, instead of any one of the other 5 associates who do the exact same job as I do.
4> Management comes to you asking what all the res of your teammembers are doing, when we are spread out through out the store, adn rarely see eachother. Management expects you to pass on information to other teammembers. In essense coming to you as if you are a teamleader, when there is no such possition, and if you do say things to coworkers along these lines they consider you stuck up, and bossy.
5> Management expects you to be in 12 different places at teh same time, adn when something is not right, even if it was someone elses responsability, You hear about it and are held responsible, when in truth you have no authority over anyone else.
6> At your review the year before you ask what you need to do to improve to get the better raise the next year. You improve those things, and don't slack on the other parts of your job. Then a year comes around and they give you ~New~ things to improve, and you get an average review.

And all you get is an average review. Which means you get the lowest raise possible.

Sapphirius
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Sapphirius » 02/26/11

Of course. They don't want to shell out more money.

Xulia
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Xulia » 02/26/11

I'm sorry I never listened. I never knew how, back then. When I had you it seemed so clear to me. You were mine, I was yours, we were young, and the world was laid out at our feet. But I was stupid. I pushed you away. And I have never gotten over you.
Maybe sometimes you never get over people. You may stop talking about them to keep your friends from bitching, but you don't get over them. What I would do to reverse time now...

Sillia
Resident
Resident

Post by Sillia » 02/26/11

Here's a ridiculously minor sling in the middle of a pretty shitty year: To my kitchen faucet. You are NOT a water saving faucet. Stop effing turning yourself off in the middle of me washing something.

Sapphirius
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Sapphirius » 02/27/11

A sling to post nasal drip. You have robbed me of my sleep long enough. Every time I lay down... *cough* *hack* *cough* *COUGH* *heave* I'm fine as long as I'm standing or sitting. Why can't I friggin' lay down?!

Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Morenin » 02/27/11

To the idiots who keep whining that "OMG JUSTIN BIEBER IS KILLING ROCK!!!" Give me a damn break. You don't like him, fine, neither do I. A large part of his demographic is teenage girls. "OMG I don't like it so it shouldn't be played!!!" Get over yourselves. Your parents probably hated whatever your generation was listening to at that age. Yeah, you may be 20 something and fussing, but it makes you sound like that 70 year old man yelling at kids to get off his lawn. If one little teen idol could kill rock, it would fucking deserve to die. But he's not, so shut up. And quit posting to every damned You Tube video I call up. I hear more about Bieber from you lot than anywhere else, and the whimpering is getting on my last nerve.

Mereik
Honored Patron
Honored Patron

Post by Mereik » 02/27/11

Ok, go talk to manager above the one who gave me review.

Said manaager says they will talk to first manager, and see what is up. During our conversations Upper manager asks what do I do in my job that is beyond my job. That opnly 75 % of people in store should get thehigher raise.

I said ok, who do all of you managers go to when youwant something done int eh back room, out of all of our people in the backroom, who do you come find? ME.
I cannot count the times that I am working in the backroom when a floor associate will come back looking for someone from a specific department, to help a custopmer. So what do I do? Stop what I am doing and go help that customer. I also cant count the number of times they come back to get me to cut fabric. My job has nothing to do with on teh salesfloor.

And so goes teh converstaion, I gave him about 12 or so different things I do beyond my job.

He did say that he did think I was an exeptional employee, but was concerned about my healthe.

Yes, my health succks. I get Migrains, bad. But they have been coming less often, and so I ahve not missed as much work, and I dont come in anymore looking like death crawled outta a toilet.

Morenin
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Morenin » 02/27/11

You could always start performing down to their review? And wow, I didn't even know it was legal to deny a raise because of poor health if you're coming to work. That sucks :( .

Yezra

Post by Yezra » 02/27/11

To a host of minor annoyances.

To having two choices: getting my asthma triggered by a whiff of perfume, or by opening the window to get rid of the perfume smell and getting my asthma triggered by the freezing cold air outside instead.

To biking halfway across town to find out that the mandatory meeting was...not where I thought it would be. To more bad asthma, freezing cold, and physical exhaustion as I'm coming home, mandatory meeting missed.

To asthma in general. It's become a constant annoyance, and I can't even tell what's making it happen anymore.

To not getting enough sleep during the night, and not being able to sleep during the day, through a combination of the damn perfume, roommate screaming on the phone or tossing and turning in her own bed until it drives me up the wall, and other college insanities going on when I'm trying to sleep.

To it always being insanely hot and dry in my dorm room despite it being the middle of winter. To me shivering uncontrollably right now anyway.

To my hair always being static-y lately. WTF? It never used to do this, and I haven't changed a thing except living conditions.

To being poor. To not having the time to also hold onto a job, when I'm busy with college and other responsibilities. To the fact I'm not even sure I could find a job, economy and personal problems being what they are.

I'm miserable, I'm tired, I'm sick, every little noise is setting me on edge, and I just want to be somewhere totally alone and totally quiet for a few days. Is that too much to ask?
Last edited by Yezra on 02/27/11, edited 1 time in total.

Audina
Practically Staff
Practically Staff

Post by Audina » 02/27/11

It isn't legal to deny a raise for sickness reasons--especially if you're on FMLA.

Mereik
Honored Patron
Honored Patron

Post by Mereik » 02/27/11

Yeah I am on FLMA, and they didnt word my health in the raise review, but still ...
He said that because we where just talking that it does effect performance, and I rebutted that my health has been improving.
He also said that if it where him, he would ahve found a way to word it into the review, but because lowermanager didn't, then they would nto go there.

Ulgrim
Resident
Resident

Post by Ulgrim » 02/27/11

Morenin wrote:To the idiots who keep whining that "OMG JUSTIN BIEBER IS KILLING ROCK!!!" Give me a damn break. You don't like him, fine, neither do I. A large part of his demographic is teenage girls. "OMG I don't like it so it shouldn't be played!!!" Get over yourselves. Your parents probably hated whatever your generation was listening to at that age. Yeah, you may be 20 something and fussing, but it makes you sound like that 70 year old man yelling at kids to get off his lawn. If one little teen idol could kill rock, it would fucking deserve to die. But he's not, so shut up. And quit posting to every damned You Tube video I call up. I hear more about Bieber from you lot than anywhere else, and the whimpering is getting on my last nerve.
I feel like I should go back to this post for a moment and say this:

I agree with you completely. Particularly because Justin Bieber isn't playing rock, or anything damn near close to it to even be honored with that genre title.

Slings to having to go back to work tomarrow. And hangovers.

Delith
Terminus Developer
Terminus Developer

Post by Delith » 02/27/11

Fainting... and Anxiety.

It's just a test.. Monday should not be wigging me out as much as it is right now.

Kirath
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Kirath » 02/27/11

*hugs Delith*

To coughing until your throat and ribs are sore.

Urdis
Honored Resident
Honored Resident

Post by Urdis » 02/28/11

To being woken up a half hour before the alarm by a thunderstorn. In February. With snow on the ground. Wtf.